Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Criminal Justice Commission, which appointed Colangelo and has sole power over the position, scheduled a meeting for Wednesday with lawyers from the state Attorney General’s office to review the laws and regulations governing removal of the chief state’s attorney, a constitutional officer who cannot simply be dismissed. The commission was created as a quasi-independent agency in the hope of insulating criminal prosecutions from political influence.
Among other things, a formal charge would have to be brought and Colangelo would be summoned to a hearing at which he could present witnesses on his behalf.
“It is a sad day for everyone involved,” said former Chief State’s Attorney Kevin Kane, who preceded Colangelo in office.
CT Criminal Justice Commission to discuss removal of Colangelo as state’s top prosecutor sticks quietly to his office

SMH....

Schoenhorn can keep filing frivolous motions, but Colangelo is convicted in the press.

Norm may have it right.....
In re: Mr. Colangelo: Unanswered Questions

So in the guise of sympathy for RC, Pattis opines that RC wasn’t “savvy”, that he should’ve known better, that his predecessor, Kevin Kane, wouldn’t have found himself in such an “appearance of impropriety.” And Pattis is betting that RC resigns. NP does tell us he’s representing Kostas Diamantes. If RC doesn’t have to give testimony before the commission (bc he’s resigned), that would probably be to the advantage of KD, Pattis’ client.

BTW, I thought WS didn’t publish opinion pieces? That’s the reason they gave me for deleting a link I posted of a woman’s opinion--published by a newspaper, not a private blog—in which she referred briefly to the Jennifer Dulos case.

So in the guise of sympathy for RC, Pattis opines that RC wasn’t “savvy”, that he should’ve known better, that his predecessor, Kevin Kane, wouldn’t have found himself in such an “appearance of impropriety.” And Pattis is betting that RC resigns. NP does tell us he’s representing Kostas Diamantes. If RC doesn’t have to give testimony before the commission (bc he’s resigned), that would probably be to the advantage of KD, Pattis’ client.

BTW, I thought WS didn’t publish opinion pieces? That’s the reason they gave me for deleting a link I posted of a woman’s opinion--published by a newspaper, not a private blog—in which she referred briefly to the Jennifer Dulos case.

As usual, you're legal perspective is much more astute than mine.

Thanks for pointing out NP's self-serving elements in the article.

Edited to add: NP does make, IMO, important points about the "investigation" into the alleged claims.

Thanks, @pernickety for pointing out the advantage to KD.
Also, given NP's connection to this case, I don't think his statement on the law firm's website the equivalent to an opinion piece of an unknown individual published by MSM-- similar to a viewer comment following the article, or viewer comment following a FB post. IMO, what happens to RC is relevant here because he's still my preference to prosecute MT and KM. MOO

As usual, you're legal perspective is much more astute than mine.

Thanks for pointing out NP's self-serving elements in the article.

Edited to add: NP does make, IMO, important points about the "investigation" into the alleged claims.

Remember that interview RC did for Pattis' Law & Legitimacy? I thought that was kind of an appearance of impropriety, considering NP gets paid for those when he gets good reviews. Biggest thing is that Diamantis is being investigated by feds re construction on the State Pier in New London, and they want records back to Jan. 2018, including re his daughter. It's said--I think by Kevin Rennie, columnist for Courant, that Diamantis was trying to push someone in Dept. of Administrative Svcs. to hire her back when--even making his pitch in a rest room. So maybe they want RC to testify on a continuing course of conduct?

RC, if you are reading this, don't resign! Trials have got to be starting up soon now that Lamont has lifted the mask mandate. So close to seeing MT spending more than just a day in jail! Big scandal brewing if Josh Gabelle's head wasn't enough (thank you @perneckity for the background on this). RC resigning won't be the end of it. RC should testify. Bring it on! I want to know the entire Diamantis story. I will be looking for a REALLY big head on a platter if MT's trial gets messed up! Who is going to start the Diamantis thread? Just call it Corrupt in CT?

Does anyone else see the irony of involvement with a Greek person (Diamantis) bringing RC down?

You sure it's irony and not deep Greek pockets?

Anything to thwart this trial?

It's not unheard of to dig up dirt on the opposition. I'd be curious to know who brought the info to Diamantis.

JMO

Last edited:
RC, if you are reading this, don't resign! Trials have got to be starting up soon now that Lamont has lifted the mask mandate. So close to seeing MT spending more than just a day in jail! Big scandal brewing if Josh Gabelle's head wasn't enough (thank you @perneckity for the background on this). RC resigning won't be the end of it. RC should testify. Bring it on! I want to know the entire Diamantis story. I will be looking for a REALLY big head on a platter if MT's trial gets messed up! Who is going to start the Diamantis thread? Just call it Corrupt in CT?

Kosta Diamantis accuses top CT officials of mistreating OPM secretary

Zachary Reilands works for Pattis, I believe. Any lawyer worth his salt would have cautioned Diamantis that he could be committing political suicide if he filed that grievance. Why couldn't KD's boss have filed her own grievance if she felt there was cause? MOO

McDonald said Tuesday that he had spoken with Colangelo regarding the controversy, but declined to provide more specifics on what the two disucssed.

I thought we had open government? CT Mirror might do another FOIA.

In a first, commission will decide whether to move forward with removal of Connecticut’s top prosecutor

You sure it's irony and not deep Greek pockets?

Anything to thwart this trial?

It's not unheard of to dig up dirt on the opposition. I'd be curious to know who brought the info to Diamantis.

JMO

I thought of this, too-and wondered who’s paying. It even occurred to me that Diamantis was used over time to do this to RC. Make no mistake, though, I do believe that RC got himself into trouble-he knows, or should know, better.

McDonald said Tuesday that he had spoken with Colangelo regarding the controversy, but declined to provide more specifics on what the two disucssed.

I thought we had open government? CT Mirror might do another FOIA.

In a first, commission will decide whether to move forward with removal of Connecticut’s top prosecutor

There are way too many players and plots for me to form a complete picture of what is happening. What a mess!

I'm curious why this has become so focused on RC. There seem to be a lot of interesting characters at play.

Thanks for all the articles... everyone. It's going to take a long time for me to grasp what is happening. SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces