Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Attorney Kent Mawhinney, a co-defendant in the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos, pleaded guilty on Wednesday to a charge of violating a protective order that stemmed from an incident involving his ex-wife, records show.

Mawhinney entered his plea under the Alford Doctrine, which means he does not admit guilt but agrees that there is sufficient evidence to potentially be convicted. Under an agreement with prosecutors, Mawhinney would receive a suspended five-year prison sentence and three years of probation.

Mawhinney is scheduled to be sentenced on April 20...

Schoenhorn wants all arrest reports and evidence in the domestic violence cases, along with any other evidence indicating whether Mawhinney struck a deal to testify against his client. On Jan. 24, Seeley told Walcott she had a month to provide the court with the information Schoenhorn was seeking.

Schoenhorn said Tuesday that so far no court date to discuss the information has been set but he believes Walcott has until next week to provide the data.

Kent Mawhinney, defendant in Jennifer Dulos disappearance, pleads guilty in domestic case

Because restraining orders work.

When is DV going to be taken seriously?

JMO

Attorney Kent Mawhinney, a co-defendant in the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos, pleaded guilty on Wednesday to a charge of violating a protective order that stemmed from an incident involving his ex-wife, records show.

Mawhinney entered his plea under the Alford Doctrine, which means he does not admit guilt but agrees that there is sufficient evidence to potentially be convicted. Under an agreement with prosecutors, Mawhinney would receive a suspended five-year prison sentence and three years of probation.

Mawhinney is scheduled to be sentenced on April 20...

Schoenhorn wants all arrest reports and evidence in the domestic violence cases, along with any other evidence indicating whether Mawhinney struck a deal to testify against his client. On Jan. 24, Seeley told Walcott she had a month to provide the court with the information Schoenhorn was seeking.

Schoenhorn said Tuesday that so far no court date to discuss the information has been set but he believes Walcott has until next week to provide the data.

Kent Mawhinney, defendant in Jennifer Dulos disappearance, pleads guilty in domestic case

An Alford plea is soooo cowardly. It is effectively a guilty plea, so why not just cowboy up and say it?

“Defendants usually enter an Alford guilty plea if they want to avoid a possible worse sentence were they to lose the case against them at trial. It affords defendants the ability to accept a plea bargain, while maintaining innocence.“

See, this drives me crazy. He is still pretending that he didn’t really do anything re: his ex-wife. Just saying that, while there might be an over abundance of evidence against him, he’s innocent of the charges. He can tell his kids that it’s all the fault of the ex, and he didn’t really do anything, inspite of how he is being railroaded.

An Alford plea is soooo cowardly. It is effectively a guilty plea, so why not just cowboy up and say it?
An Alford plea does not affect the sentencing process. The defendant is still convicted as if they had used a normal guilty plea but it may make a difference in his keeping his law license and his ability to pay child support, etc.

An Alford plea does not affect the sentencing process. The defendant is still convicted as if they had used a normal guilty plea but it may make a difference in his keeping his law license and his ability to pay child support, etc.

Does he still have his law license? I’m not aware that he is still able to practice law, or he would not have made the argument that he needed the ankle monitor removed, so he could be employed as a hockey referee. Did I get that right?

I assume it also means he has surrendered any right to appeal.

Yes, and what I got from it was that, from a legal perspective, he is effectively guilty, but there’s some consideration given in the sentencing. You’d think that a straight out guilty plea is where that would happen, but apparently he can still comport himself as an innocent person, with the Alford Plea. I guess Seattle’s statement about maintaining a law license would be one reason for a person to do it this way.

Does he still have his law license? I’m not aware that he is still able to practice law, or he would not have made the argument that he needed the ankle monitor removed, so he could be employed as a hockey referee. Did I get that right?
I don't know his status -- just a take from the recent, quoted MSN that reads "Attorney Kent Mawhinney, a co-defendant...."

Typically the bar does not act until post-conviction. But I'm aware of some attorneys that argued successfully to keep their licenses after domestic charges.

I don't know his status -- just a take from the recent, quoted MSN that reads "Attorney Kent Mawhinney, a co-defendant...."

Typically the bar does not act until post-conviction. But I'm aware of some attorneys that argued successfully to keep their licenses after domestic charges.

I don’t think it’ll surprise anybody if KM somehow retains his license to practice law right now (not that he will actually do so). We’ll see what happens to him after the Dulos case eventually concludes.

“Defendants usually enter an Alford guilty plea if they want to avoid a possible worse sentence were they to lose the case against them at trial. It affords defendants the ability to accept a plea bargain, while maintaining innocence.“

See, this drives me crazy. He is still pretending that he didn’t really do anything re: his ex-wife. Just saying that, while there might be an over abundance of evidence against him, he’s innocent of the charges. He can tell his kids that it’s all the fault of the ex, and he didn’t really do anything, inspite of how he is being railroaded.

Saves the ex-wife and especially the kids from testifying at a trial.

At least here in Ozarkistan, works that way.

jmho ymmv lrr

A look back post Dulos suicide attempt.

Fotis Dulos' Bond Hearing To Go On Despite His Suicide Attempt, While Lawyer Feels He 'Let Him Down’ | Oxygen Official Site

“Pattis, who was out of town and couldn’t make it to Tuesday’s emergency hearing, added, “I feel that I let him down, that he trusted me to be his good shepherd through the valley of the shadow of death and perhaps he reached [out] and I didn't hear what he needed. I feel a sense of responsibility for his welfare.”

Once Pattis had the big retainer fee, he became unreachable.

IMHO just because she was one of the causes of the divorce -- that does not provide her with access to sealed documents.

The arrogance, IMHO, is staggering.

jmho ymmv lrr

‘Mawhinney’s true character’ revealed in new documents, attorney in Jennifer Dulos case says

“The Hartford State’s Attorney has provided me with much of the documents and video files I was looking for,” Schoenhorn said in an email. “It will take my office a while to go through it all. It reveals a lot about Mawhinney’s true character. Although I can see why the state would want to keep this information out of the public arena, there’s a lot about his relationship with Fotis Dulos, and I intend to delve into all of this if Mawhinney ever testifies at Michelle’s trial.”

Schoenhorn wanted all arrest reports and evidence in the domestic violence cases, along with any other evidence indicating whether Mawhinney struck a deal to testify against his client."

‘Mawhinney’s true character’ revealed in new documents, attorney in Jennifer Dulos case says

“The Hartford State’s Attorney has provided me with much of the documents and video files I was looking for,” Schoenhorn said in an email. “It will take my office a while to go through it all. It reveals a lot about Mawhinney’s true character. Although I can see why the state would want to keep this information out of the public arena, there’s a lot about his relationship with Fotis Dulos, and I intend to delve into all of this if Mawhinney ever testifies at Michelle’s trial.”

Schoenhorn wanted all arrest reports and evidence in the domestic violence cases, along with any other evidence indicating whether Mawhinney struck a deal to testify against his client."

As if this will somehow make MT look better? Maybe only by comparison. The fact that she willingly consorted with “bad” people, is pretty telling, in my opinion. Even worse, she exposed her (at the time) very young daughter to these people. It isn’t evidence, but as a juror, I would attach this thought to her as I considered her case-I wouldn’t be able to help it.

As if this will somehow make MT look better? Maybe only by comparison. The fact that she willingly consorted with “bad” people, is pretty telling, in my opinion. Even worse, she exposed her (at the time) very young daughter to these people. It isn’t evidence, but as a juror, I would attach this thought to her as I considered her case-I wouldn’t be able to help it.

Complete agreement here. Let both sides show just how close Mawhinney and fdulos (and the other cronies) were, and keep the image of MT right there in the thick of it with them.

Which visual images would you include:
Crotch-grab
Double bird
Clothing optional (photograph)
Clothing optional (painting)

AND which images from MT's own mouth:
In the shower with fd
Up against the unfortunate employee's Toyota in the driveway with fd

What have I forgotten???

jmho ymmv lrr

We know that I love the Double-Post Gremlin, didn't know there was a Triple-Post version!

images

clipart-library.com

jmho ymmv lrr

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics