Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In some cases I have seen this. separating charges.
Just wondering if the underlying charges by court are dropped or dismissed, wouldn't that have a negative effect on the conspiracy to commit murder charge?

The Conspiracy to Commit Murder Charge found its basis in the earlier charges for both FD and MT. Or could all of the evidence from the early charges be used to try the Conspiracy Charge?

After thought: Or is JS still trying to move the lesser charges to the Hartford court district?

As a juror, even if “glowing” evaluations were allowed into evidence and presented to me regarding a highly contentious divorce, I think, at this point, I’d most likely dismiss them knowing what we all know now (the wife was clearly killed by her husband, the husband cowardly killed himself and multiple evidence shows the GF deeply involved in helping him with this murder…yada yada yada). I just don’t think I’d think twice about someone’s opinion of MT’s amazing character in a divorce evaluation written years ago. There is VOLUMES of evidence that speak otherwise. In other words, no reasonable doubt would enter my mind. I would probably say to myself, "Wow, did he/she get it wrong." IMO
Agree.

If it is the good words about MT's interactions with children they want to showcase, why don't they just get her evaluated for her parenting? Or get depositions from people who know about her parenting skills in the past or whatever?

If that document is the only way to show she is good at step parenting--- well---- hmmmm. She should be able to come up with something.

MOO

While wearing the GPS monitor, MT was able to freely travel in the US without advanced notice to the court. If MT wants to do a runner, it will be because she's prepared to forfeit her $2.1M bond which was a condition of her release from jail pending trial.

Right. And if she forfeits the bond, and gets picked up she will be in jail and out of the money. I don't recall if her own assets are securing the bond.

MOO

Agree.

If it is the good words about MT's interactions with children they want to showcase, why don't they just get her evaluated for her parenting? Or get depositions from people who know about her parenting skills in the past or whatever?

If that document is the only way to show she is good at step parenting--- well---- hmmmm. She should be able to come up with something.

MOO
And-someone who might occasionally be “nice” to her boyfriend’s children, isn’t necessarily incapable of conspiracy to commit murder. There is one incontrovertible fact that jurors should consider-she moved herself and her own child into the home of the murdered woman, knowing full well that all of them were dependent on Jennifer’s money to exist. MT knew that fD wanted Jennifer “gone” (and said so), and allowed her own daughter to remain in the house with the husband, who killed Jennifer. She knew Jennifer was “missing”, but never considered the possibility that she and her daughter were living with a murderer? That does not make her a good person, or a great mother, by most people’s standards. In addition, the psychologist who created the report refused to complete his testimony because he was getting some pushback. While none of this is evidence of conspiracy, neither is a charmed psychologist’s estimation of MT as a “good person” proof that she isn’t guilty of the charges.

Right. And if she forfeits the bond, and gets picked up she will be in jail and out of the money. I don't recall if her own assets are securing the bond.

MOO
If I recall correctly, it is not her assets, but those of her family that secure her bond. Frankly, I believe her family would be ok forfeiting their collateral, to keep her out of prison.

Looks like Conspiracy to Commit MURDER is also scheduled on April 20th now.

Defendant Information
Last, First: TROCONIS MICHELLERepresented By: 101793 J.L.SCHOENHORN
Birth Year: 1974Times on the Docket: 38
Docket Information
Docket No:FST -CR20-0241178-TArresting Agency:CSP TROOP G
Companion:
Program:Arrest Date:1/7/2020
Court:Stamford JDBond Amount:$1,500,000 (This case only)
Bond Type:Professional Surety
Miscellaneous:(Released From Custody)
Activity:Pre-TrialNext Court Date:
4/20/2023 2:00 PM
Current Charges
StatuteDescriptionClassTypeOccOffense DatePleaVerdict Finding
53a-54aCONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER
B​
Felony​
1​
5/24/2019Not Guilty

Thursday, April 20th:
*Pretrial Hearing (re all charges) (@ 2pm ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Michelle C. Tronconis (44/now 48) (Dulos’ GF) arrested & charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (on 6/3/19). These charges were dismissed (8/28/20) & recharged below.
*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague. Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19).
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20).
*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution, tampering with physical evidence & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered yet. $500K bond. Posted bond.
Bond info & Court info from 6/3/19 thru 3/14/23 reference post #762 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-55.609653/page-39

3/16/23 Update: Troconis is again seeking to have the GPS tracking device removed from her ankle, but a judge on Thursday delayed a decision on the matter. She was not in court. Defense attorney Schoenhorn filed a 51-page brief on Wednesday, 3/15/23, describing the device as onerous. Both Judge Gary White & Assistant State's Attorney Michelle Manning said they had not had time to read the brief, which led White to delay arguments on the matter until 4/6/23. Before the next hearing, Manning may file a response to Schoenhorn's brief. Troconis required to appear at this hearing. The court will hear arguments on a prosecution request to seal the courtroom for certain portions of the case. Both the prosecution & Troconis' defense have leveled accusations of inappropriate actions in the case. Hearing scheduled on 4/20/23.
4/6/23 Update: Stamford Superior Court Judge Gary White grants request to remove Troconis' GPS ankle monitor. It is still required that she have no contact with codefendant Kent Mawhinney & the court will retain her passport. Next hearing on 4/20/23 regarding the accusations of both prosecution & defense of inappropriate actions in the case.
*Kent D. Mawhinney (54/now 57) – Murder: Judge John F. Blawie put the case on the trial docket. Disposition hearing on 12/15/22. Trial set to begin January, 2023. 2/23/22: Plead guilty to a charge of violating a protective order that stemmed from an incident involving his ex-wife. Sentenced for violation & assault on 6/17/22 was given a 5 year suspended prison sentence & 3 years of probation on a domestic violence charge.
*Fotis Dulos (52) – Committed suicide on 1/28/20 & declared dead at 5:32pm on 1/30/20. 3/3/20: Charges dismissed. The case against Dulos will be officially dismissed in about a year, unless the state decides to reopen it. 1/17/22: After debt, no money left in Dulos estate for children. While Fotis Dulos’ estate has $395,687 in assets, it owes $548,280.75 in expenses, according to Farmington Probate Court records. Attorney Christopher Hug will be paid $189,525 for settling the estate & attorney Paul Knierim, who represented Hug, will receive $98,326, court documents show."

— A judge will decide within 10 days whether the courtroom should be closed to the public for a hearing to determine if a letter written by the attorney representing Michelle Troconis in the Jennifer Dulos case is confidential under attorney-client privilege.

Assistant State’s Attorney Sean McGuinness and Schoenhorn agreed the courtroom should be closed to the public for the hearing and any documents related to attorney-client privilege should be sealed.

McGuinness said the hearing would involve “privileged communications” that are “not appropriate for the public sphere.” He claimed it was, therefore, “in the defense’s interest” to close the courtroom during the hearing and seal related documents.

Schoenhorn agreed, saying he believed an open courtroom during such a hearing “might interfere with the defendant’s right to a fair trial.”

Despite the agreement between the two sides, Randolph said he would not make a decision from the bench on Thursday.

— A judge will decide within 10 days whether the courtroom should be closed to the public for a hearing to determine if a letter written by the attorney representing Michelle Troconis in the Jennifer Dulos case is confidential under attorney-client privilege.

Assistant State’s Attorney Sean McGuinness and Schoenhorn agreed the courtroom should be closed to the public for the hearing and any documents related to attorney-client privilege should be sealed.

McGuinness said the hearing would involve “privileged communications” that are “not appropriate for the public sphere.” He claimed it was, therefore, “in the defense’s interest” to close the courtroom during the hearing and seal related documents.

Schoenhorn agreed, saying he believed an open courtroom during such a hearing “might interfere with the defendant’s right to a fair trial.”

Despite the agreement between the two sides, Randolph said he would not make a decision from the bench on Thursday.

I find this whole thing distasteful and exploitative.

Nothing that occurred in the context of the divorce could negate MT's fingerprints on those trash bags.

This reeks of dirty pool.

Jmo

So if I am reading this right - another hearing on 4/27/23 for Judge's decision?

TIA! :)

Please remind me, has the issue of Jon Schoenhorn’s mishandling of the evidence that he withheld (while moaning and groaning about the prosecution withholding evidence) been resolved? The bankers box with, what is alleged to be Pawel Gumienny’s clothing with Michelle Troconis’s DNA all over it? Are there no consequences to him withholding this critical evidence? At the very least, removed as MT’s attorney. IDK. Thank you in advance for clarifying the status and/or resolution.

Please remind me, has the issue of Jon Schoenhorn’s mishandling of the evidence that he withheld (while moaning and groaning about the prosecution withholding evidence) been resolved? The bankers box with, what is alleged to be Pawel Gumienny’s clothing with Michelle Troconis’s DNA all over it? Are there no consequences to him withholding this critical evidence? At the very least, removed as MT’s attorney. IDK. Thank you in advance for clarifying the status and/or resolution.
From the article above I am reposting ( it may be paywalled?)

Judge in Jennifer Dulos case considers closing courtroom for evidence hearing

Here is the appropriate excerpt to answer your Q :

"If the letter, which was inside a box with a sweatshirt possibly connected with the 2019 death and disappearance of the New Canaan mother of five is determined to be evidence in the case, attorney Jon Schoenhorn could be disqualified from representing Troconis."

Judge Kevin Randolph said during a hearing Thursday he would issue a written ruling in the next 10 days about whether the courtroom will be closed for the evidentiary hearing."

So the hearing on whether to close the courtroom for the hearing regarding the evidence in the box that Schoenhorn mishandled was last Thursday. Judge said he will rule on that specific issue within ten days - I have not seen anything yet. I am not sure of the actual court date is set for the evidentiary hearing itself?
Maybe someone can jump in to help with the answer on that ?

So many twists and turns on this one its very hard to keep up - and it has taken an inordinate amount of time to even get this far. Very hard to understand IMO

per my notes:

Despite the agreement between the two sides, Randolph said he would not make a decision from the bench on Thursday, 4/27/23. “Even though there is agreement as to closing the courtroom, this court is still bound to determine if that closure outweighs any public interest in the case,” Randolph said.

edited to add: I believe this 4/27 hearing is regarding inappropriate actions by both sides...

I agree with the prosecutor: JS must resign from representing MT, as her previous attorney did. JS then must also cooperate with the police investigation and tell the truth about how/who gave him the box of evidence because this is first and foremost a murder investigation. Chain of custody etc. The murder investigation must remain open until the sweatshirt, a tangible piece of evidence of some crime, is tracked back, from attorney to attorney to attorney to attorney to attorney's agent to murderer to innocent suspect who left his or her sweatshirt out for someone to pinch. Connecting the dots is done in organized crime and money laundering cases all the time. How is this case different?

I agree with the prosecutor: JS must resign from representing MT, as her previous attorney did. JS then must also cooperate with the police investigation and tell the truth about how/who gave him the box of evidence because this is first and foremost a murder investigation. Chain of custody etc. The murder investigation must remain open until the sweatshirt, a tangible piece of evidence of some crime, is tracked back, from attorney to attorney to attorney to attorney to attorney's agent to murderer to innocent suspect who left his or her sweatshirt out for someone to pinch. Connecting the dots is done in organized crime and money laundering cases all the time. How is this case different?
Seems pretty clear cut right?

I have wondered on these threads in the past if it’s just another stalling tactic ?

Schoenhorn gets removed, MT says I need my new lawyer to get up to speed yada and the BS Shoenhorn is promoting about the bogus evidence gets disproven. I believe Schoenhorn has also filed to remove the prosecutor. That then brings us probably months down the road after resolving all this "stratergy" and then we get back to the matter at hand. Just more delay delay .Stall stall stall.

She thinks she is going to go free IMO.

And I am starting to wonder. All imo

Seems pretty clear cut right?

I have wondered on these threads in the past if it’s just another stalling tactic ?

Schoenhorn gets removed, MT says I need my new lawyer to get up to speed yada and the BS Shoenhorn is promoting about the bogus evidence gets disproven. I believe Schoenhorn has also filed to remove the prosecutor. That then brings us probably months down the road after resolving all this "stratergy" and then we get back to the matter at hand. Just more delay delay .Stall stall stall.

She thinks she is going to go free IMO.

And I am starting to wonder. All imo
I agree that she thinks she will be going free. She is effectively free now, since they removed her ankle monitor.

Does KM still have an ankle monitor? Almost 4 years later and no progress. Such a shame.
Last October he was sent back to jail after the Court believed he tampered with his monitor and set his bond back up to $1.5M.

The Judge let him out again a couple of months later but now he's on strict house arrest and still wearing a monitor.

12/15/22 --Kent Mawhinney released from jail again​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members