Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marissa Alter
@MarissaAlter

TROCONIS JURY UPDATE: For those wondering, a court official tells me 1 juror was selected both yesterday and Wed for Michelle Troconis’ upcoming trial. Jury selection continues today. We’re at 8 of 12.
@News12CT
7:34 AM · Oct 20, 2023

Troconis is charged with B, C, and D felonies, which call for a jury of six. But due to the long break between jury selection and the trial, as well as the high profile nature of the case, six alternates are being chosen too.
@News12CT
7:35 AM · Oct 20, 2023

@Niner

So it sounds like 1 juror per day so far...

I also wondered how she was paying for everything-I do wish someone would do a deep dive on the money laundering that we think was going on between MT and fD. Sadly, I don’t think they will. But it wouldn’t surprise me to know that Farber money ended up financing her defense. I am guessing that Gaston Begue pays for everything his daughter needs, and some of that may extend, out of necessity, to MT.
I’m with you. It wouldn’t surprise me either. And cardiac surgeons do well, especially if they invest wisely. My assumption is that sibs are doing fine with their own & spousal $, and that MT is supported by her parent(s), GB, and… possibly JFd money. Goodness, I hope not. But it would track, certainly. MOO

10/20/2023

This notification is brought to you by the Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that MICHELLE TROCONIS, with docket number FST CR200241178T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Hearing has been scheduled for 10/24/2023. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

Please be aware that there is often more than one case scheduled for a particular date in this court. Please visit www.jud.ct.gov to check for any updates that may be available on this case.

For more information, contact the Office of Victim Services at 1-800-822-8428. For updates about this case or for driving directions to the courthouse, you can visit www.jud.ct.gov.

This is from 10/4 -- I don't recall reading this about DNA. (And given the defense was also trying to suppress DNA evidence during this time, why does this not surprise me)!

Marissa Alter
@MarissaAlter

As we await the start of jury selection, the judge is taking up some outstanding matters. We just learned from Troconis’ attorney that a new DNA sample was taken from his client a couple weeks ago due to a new signed warrant.
@News12CT
7:22 AM · Oct 4, 2023

This is from 10/4 -- I don't recall reading this about DNA. (And given the defense was also trying to suppress DNA evidence during this time, why does this not surprise me)!

Marissa Alter
@MarissaAlter

As we await the start of jury selection, the judge is taking up some outstanding matters. We just learned from Troconis’ attorney that a new DNA sample was taken from his client a couple weeks ago due to a new signed warrant.
@News12CT
7:22 AM · Oct 4, 2023
What would the new signed warrant be?

What would the new signed warrant be?
Reportedly, the warrant was for a sample of MT's DNA.

Whether or not this was precautionary in the event her DNA evidence might be suppressed or otherwise is unknown. I found this tip from JLS to media very strange. Perhaps it was untrue -- IMO, this wouldn't be the first time JLS planted a rumor in MSM for some twisted idea in his head to benefit his client.

At 9 jurors selected, we're well into the selection of the "alternates" with a lesser number of statutory strikes allowed (peremptory challenges) by each side. I'm sorry we didn't have an audible from the Court to know how the defense used this option up until now (and/or how the Court reacted to challenges by JLS). Inquiring minds want to know!

Connecticut General Statutes > Chapter 961 > § 54-82h
(a) In any criminal prosecution to be tried to the jury in the Superior Court if it appears to the court that the trial is likely to be protracted, the court may, in its discretion, direct that, after a jury has been selected, two or more additional jurors shall be added to the jury panel, to be known as “alternate jurors”. Such alternate jurors shall have the same qualifications and be selected and subject to examination and challenge in the same manner and to the same extent as the jurors constituting the regular panel, provided, in any case when the court directs the selection of alternate jurors, the number of peremptory challenges allowed shall be as follows:

In any criminal prosecution the state and the accused may each peremptorily challenge thirty jurors if the offense for which the accused is arraigned is punishable by death or life imprisonment without the possibility of release, eighteen jurors if the offense is punishable by life imprisonment, eight jurors if the offense is punishable by imprisonment for more than one year and for less than life, and
four jurors in any other case.

Troconis is charged with B, C, and D felonies, which call for a jury of six. But due to the long break between jury selection and the trial, as well as the high profile nature of the case, six alternates are being chosen too.
@News12CT
7:35 AM · Oct 20, 2023

So I take they are back on Tuesday, 10/24 - NOT Monday, correct? TIA!

Confirming the following for MT:

Activity:Jury TrialNext Court Date:
10/24/2023 10:00 AM
Current Charges
StatuteDescriptionClassTypeOccOffense DatePleaVerdict Finding
53a-54aCONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER
B​
Felony​
1​
5/24/2019Not Guilty
53a-155CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT TAMPERING-PHYSICAL EVIDENCE
D​
Felony​
1​
5/24/2019
53a-155TAMPERING-PHYSICAL EVIDENCE
D​
Felony​
1​
5/24/2019
53a-155CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT TAMPERING-PHYSICAL EVIDENCE
D​
Felony​
1​
5/29/2019
53a-155TAMPERING-PHYSICAL EVIDENCE
D​
Felony​
1​
5/29/2019
53a-166*HINDERING PROSECUTION 2ND DEG
C​
Felony​
1​
5/29/2019

Reportedly, the warrant was for a sample of MT's DNA.

Whether or not this was precautionary in the event her DNA evidence might be suppressed or otherwise is unknown. I found this tip from JLS to media very strange. Perhaps it was untrue -- IMO, this wouldn't be the first time JLS planted a rumor in MSM for some twisted idea in his head to benefit his client.
Thanks-I misunderstood your comment from before, and this makes sense

I was wondering if she is still "in love" with him, and can't trash him. Just my amateur opinion here.
I have sort of come to the conclusion that there are people who know of MT’s involvement in the murder, that would drop a dime on MT, if she really dirties up his reputation. Someone like Dulos’s sister, for example. Ok, maybe that’s farfetched, but it seems to be a real head scratcher for me, that she would rather comment publicly about Jennifer and her poor character, than about fD, when it would make much more sense to. I have been running this over and over in my head ever since MT started trying to portray Jennifer as crazy, drug-addicted, suicidal, or vindictive enough to set them all up, while she stays in hiding. There aren’t many reasons why she would still be protecting him. It might be as simple as protecting him, is protecting herself, because you can’t separate their actions. I don’t know-but she is doing it for a reason, because she is facing a long prison term, and you would think she would attempt to say that she was afraid of him and could do nothing except what she did, for her own safety. There must be incontrovertable evidence that she wasn’t afraid of him.

Last edited:
I often wonder if the children see Fotis's family members or close friends? Hmmm...
I imagine that seeing any Dulos family member would be fraught with all kinds of stress. I don’t know if Gloria Farber would allow it-or even if she should. Remember, Dulos family members were caught looting the family home, of things to which they weren’t entitled-and don’t get me started on my notion that Dulos would have taken those children right out of the country, if Lauren Almeida and Gloria Farber had not kept those children from him immediately after Jennifer’s murder. <modsnip - speculation outside the bounds of the known facts of the case> All of that to say that I personally doubt that the kids have seen any Dulos family or close friends. But it would not surprise me at all if they have corresponded in some way, that Gloria Farber could not control or could have knowlege of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang-they modsnipped me…well, I guess they are right-I was speculating. Let’s see what ends up happening when the case goes to trial. I am curious about some evidence that we haven’t seen yet.

Dang-they modsnipped me…well, I guess they are right-I was speculating. Let’s see what ends up happening when the case goes to trial. I am curious about some evidence that we haven’t seen yet.
I was amazed that JD mom took the kids to see FD before his passing in the hospital. That requires a level of grace I seriously doubt I could attain.

Because she had to do the right thing. It was after all their father. She's wise beyond her many years. She knew, they will in time, form their own opinions, and eventually come to know everything. She wasn't going to be the one to be vindictive because of what the man stole from them, and the loss of her child. After all, it was about them. Only about them. No one else. She's a remarkable woman with much grace.

I was amazed that JD mom took the kids to see FD before his passing in the hospital. That requires a level of grace I seriously doubt I could attain.
She didn’t want to be the cause of any further psychic trauma for the kids-I agree, it would be very difficult. But I think it was the right thing to do. She is a remarkable woman.

Tuesday, October 24th:
*Jury Selection continues (Day 9) (@ 10am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Michelle C. Troconis (44/now 49) (Dulos’ GF) arrested & charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (on 6/3/19). These charges were dismissed (8/28/20) & recharged below.
*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague. Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution, tampering with physical evidence & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered yet. $500K bond. Posted bond. Off GPS 4/6/23.
Jury Selection began on 10/4/23. There will six (6) jurors & six (6) alternates. 10/4/23: 2 jurors selected. 10/5/23: 1 juror selected. 10/11/23: 2 jurors selected & 1 from last week let go. 10/12/23: 1 juror selected. 10/13/23: 1 juror selected. 10/18/23: 1 juror selected. 10/19/23: 1 juror selected. 10/20/23: 1 juror selected. Total: 9 jurors selected.
Trial set to begin on 1/8/24 (will last a month, 3/1/24).
Judge Kevin Randolph presiding for trial.
Assistant State’s attorney Sean McGuinness & defense attorney Jon Schoenhorn.

Bond info & Court info from 6/3/19 thru 10/3/23 & Jury Selection Day 1-7 (10/4-10/19/23) reference post #711 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-56.683382/page-36

10/20/23 Friday, Jury Selection Day 8: 1 juror selected.
for more info see post #724 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-56.683382/page-37
Jury selection continues on Tuesday, 10/24/23.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase