Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never know how to read these things.
Pretty sure this is the motions hearing on 12.11.2023 and the trial to begin on 01.08.2024. You are right, it's not very clear on their website. In fact, the 01.08.2024 trial date isn't even listed on the website. I just received notice on the 12.11.2023 date, so posted it.

Many more details at link below on the length the defense has gone to implicate an alternate suspect.

10/12/23

Schoenhorn then claimed the sweatshirt “strongly implicates Pawel Gumienny in possible criminal involvement” in the Jennifer Dulos disappearance.

Isn't EF the one who returned the sweatshirt? As one would do (if guilty).

So is this going to be the defense? SODDI?

She'd have stood a better chance of skirting conviction by stealing a battered women defense.

But she appears to be doubling down. She didn't do it and neither did FD.

I hope she doesn't choke on that rosary.

#TimeToFaceTheMusic

Jmo

Interesting. Seems the defense is trying to twist and contort this in all sorts of directions. IMO

Quoting a paragraph from that article:
”Back in an evidence lockup, the constabulary ascertained that the hoodie was a black and blue Original Weatherproof Vintage hooded sweatshirt, size large. Attached to the hood was a “hair or fiber” which was later examined. The hair contained the DNA profiles of Troconis and “one unknown contributor.” The sweatshirt contained the DNA of Pawel Gumienny, a Fotis Dulos staffer, and “three unknown individuals” in several locations.”

So are Ms. Troconis and her counsel also going to concede that one might conclude that she had used or worn the sweatshirt (presumably from the employee’s truck?) and that one might also infer that it was her that had ridden the bicycle to the Dulos residence - apparently wearing that sweatshirt as I believe was observed in recorded images by CCTV?

Of course maybe I am reading all of this incorrectly.
MOO
ps. Apologies to Seattle1….. I was not trying to steal or borrow your post above….. but the ‘Reply’ button did not work (for post #862 (presently) above):

Last edited:
Interesting. Seems the defense is trying to twist and contort this in all sorts of directions. IMO

Quoting a paragraph from that article:
”Back in an evidence lockup, the constabulary ascertained that the hoodie was a black and blue Original Weatherproof Vintage hooded sweatshirt, size large. Attached to the hood was a “hair or fiber” which was later examined. The hair contained the DNA profiles of Troconis and “one unknown contributor.” The sweatshirt contained the DNA of Pawel Gumienny, a Fotis Dulos staffer, and “three unknown individuals” in several locations.”

So are Ms. Troconis and her counsel also going to concede that one might conclude that she had used or worn the sweatshirt (presumably from the employee’s truck?) and that one might also infer that it was her that had ridden the bicycle to the Dulos residence - apparently wearing that sweatshirt as I believe was observed in recorded images by CCTV?

Of course maybe I am reading all of this incorrectly.
MOO
ps. Apologies to Seattle1….. I was not trying to steal or borrow your post above….. but the ‘Reply’ button did not work (for post #862 (presently) above):
No worries, @I am not Sherlock H.:
It's my fault the reply did not work because I made that post in the wrong thread and once it was deleted from the incorrect thread, the reply won't work here. :oops:

Just fyi This article dated Oct 2022, is over a year old. IIRC this has all been resolved. The "evidence" aka the box with the sweatshirt and tools, is not going to be presented and Schoenhorn remains on the case.

The article does seem to have more specifics than what we had a year ago though from msm.

STAMFORD — A Superior Court judge decided Friday that attorney Jon Schoenhorn can continue representing Michelle Troconis, who is charged with conspiracy to commit murder in the death and disappearance of Jennifer Dulos.

article date 5/26/2023

Just fyi This article dated Oct 2022, is over a year old. IIRC this has all been resolved. The "evidence" aka the box with the sweatshirt and tools, is not going to be presented and Schoenhorn remains on the case.

The article does seem to have more specifics than what we had a year ago though from msm.

STAMFORD — A Superior Court judge decided Friday that attorney Jon Schoenhorn can continue representing Michelle Troconis, who is charged with conspiracy to commit murder in the death and disappearance of Jennifer Dulos.

article date 5/26/2023
I agree. I'd missed many of the details in the linked article on how far the defense was over reaching in an effort to implicate an innocent employee.

Isn't EF the one who returned the sweatshirt? As one would do (if guilty).

So is this going to be the defense? SODDI?

She'd have stood a better chance of skirting conviction by stealing a battered women defense.

But she appears to be doubling down. She didn't do it and neither did FD.

I hope she doesn't choke on that rosary.

#TimeToFaceTheMusic

Jmo
This proves to me that the original plan was to make it look enough like PG could have done it, that there is “reasonable doubt” for fD and MT. I know that some here may not think that they were trying to frame PG, but I’m firm in my belief. And anyway, there are many reasons to believe that PG wasn’t the culprit. Among them, the fact that both his truck and fD’s raptor were in New Canaan…what would one man need with two vehicles if he was the sole perpetrator. And-why would PG bring back his own bloody vehicle for fD and MT to clean? And why would PG save the blood stained seats after going to the trouble of swapping them out? And why would PG trust fD and MT to get rid of the bloody evidence-there’s visual proof of them doing so. And why would PG commit the murder in the first place-he had no beef with Jennifer (in fact, he may have not even ever have met her)-fD and MT are the ones who hated her. MT still does, as evidenced by her social media posts, and those of her family. These are but a few of the reasons to know that PG had no part in the murder. I am appalled that he has to defend himself.

The court and attorneys may have agreed that the sweatshirt is not presented in evidence, but it won’t surprise me at all if Schoenhorn mentions it in front of the jury right before a well-earned tongue lashing from the judge. I don’t think we have heard the last of that sweatshirt. It may only be that Schoenhorn gets his friend Lisa Backus to mention it in some future newspaper article that at least one juror might read. He has to cast suspicion on someone else if he can-or at least one. Poor PG-I wonder if Lindy Urso is still representing him, and what it is costing him? Maybe he can sue the Troconis clan for defamation…he should get a look at all of the social media he can find and see if Michelle and her lawyer are the only ones pointing the finger at him.

This proves to me that the original plan was to make it look enough like PG could have done it, that there is “reasonable doubt” for fD and MT. I know that some here may not think that they were trying to frame PG, but I’m firm in my belief. And anyway, there are many reasons to believe that PG wasn’t the culprit. Among them, the fact that both his truck and fD’s raptor were in New Canaan…what would one man need with two vehicles if he was the sole perpetrator. And-why would PG bring back his own bloody vehicle for fD and MT to clean? And why would PG save the blood stained seats after going to the trouble of swapping them out? And why would PG trust fD and MT to get rid of the bloody evidence-there’s visual proof of them doing so. And why would PG commit the murder in the first place-he had no beef with Jennifer (in fact, he may have not even ever have met her)-fD and MT are the ones who hated her. MT still does, as evidenced by her social media posts, and those of her family. These are but a few of the reasons to know that PG had no part in the murder. I am appalled that he has to defend himself.
Wasn’t it brought up early on that fD even shaved his hair in a style that resembled PG? I do believe he was trying to implicate innocent PG!

Agree - they were trying to make PG a scapegoat in all of this. Luckily he seemed to know their MO and was very smart about looking out after his best interests. JMO

Whatever schemes FD and MT tried to concoct/sell, I think it's important to single out PG for his decency as a human being. Thank heavens he had the foresight/insight/instinct to save the seats FD asked him to replace and destroy...

Hero!

JM

Early in the development of this case I read I believe the arrest affidavit for FD. I was marveled at the research and evidence assembled against him. Much of that included the images from vehicle cameras, street cameras, and other CCTV on his believed movements at that time.

I wonder how much of this information makes it into the cases of MT and KM. One would hope a lot of it would. And with that apparent pre-dug grave…… sure seems to go to early possible planning and conspiracy. MOO

Early in the development of this case I read I believe the arrest affidavit for FD. I was marveled at the research and evidence assembled against him. Much of that included the images from vehicle cameras, street cameras, and other CCTV on his believed movements at that time.

I wonder how much of this information makes it into the cases of MT and KM. One would hope a lot of it would. And with that apparent pre-dug grave…… sure seems to go to early possible planning and conspiracy. MOO
What is interesting to me is how she (MT) and her team don’t just leave it at “Fotis did it-why am I getting fragged with this”? Instead, they are pulling the “former FORE employee did it”. I think it’s because they know there may be evidence that shows MT cannot be separated from fD-if he did it, she was absolutely involved, so she and her team have to say “PG did it”. I am certain that this was the plan, prior to Jennifer’s murder, anyway.

MT’s AA is nearly identical to that of FD’s; it contains all the same evidence demonstrating the case for probable cause to arrest for conspiracy to murder.

Link was from end of this article:

Just over 7 weeks or so, before this show goes on in Stamford…I wonder if MT is getting nervous? She still has her artist “friend” beating the innocence drum for her. I wonder if she has been thinking about the conviction of Charlie Adelson, and the recent arrest of his mother? She probably isn’t, but I bet JS has been studying it pretty closely, and thinking that he won’t make the mistakes that CA’s defense attorney may have made (as if the conviction wasn’t truly evidence based). If the State of CT has similar evidence against MT, she is going to prison, no matter how many people she has proclaiming her innocence, when they cannot possibly know.

article date 5/26/2023
I haven't been following this case too closely since FD's suicide so forgive me if I asking common knowledge.

MT's present lawyer is being allowed to continue as her lawyer because the "bank box" contents are not being allowed as evidence, correct? So a screwdriver and wrench with the victim's DNA and a sweatshirt with a hair from both the victim and defendant have been ruled non-admissible. Is that because chain of custody can't be established in court without her attorney being disqualified (he would have to be a testifying witness at his client's trial)?
Was the victim's DNA on the "bank box" tools just touch DNA or more substantial DNA?

I haven't been following this case too closely since FD's suicide so forgive me if I asking common knowledge.

MT's present lawyer is being allowed to continue as her lawyer because the "bank box" contents are not being allowed as evidence, correct? So a screwdriver and wrench with the victim's DNA and a sweatshirt with a hair from both the victim and defendant have been ruled non-admissible. Is that because chain of custody can't be established in court without her attorney being disqualified (he would have to be a testifying witness at his client's trial)?
Was the victim's DNA on the "bank box" tools just touch DNA or more substantial DNA?
All good questions. I think “chain of custody” issues enter in here. And I guess it depends on whether or not there truly is MT’s DNA on these items, which also have Jennifer’s blood or other DNA on them. It doesn’t help to just have fD’s DNA, for example. Oh, and I think the hair on the sweatshirt was inconclusive with regard to MT, in that it could not be firmly identified as hers, but also could not be ruled out. And I think I recall that there was DNA from PG on it (probably because it likely belongs to him). I think the State of CT must also have some pretty compelling evidence, so that they didn’t fight over getting these items into evidence. I still think that JS will try to “ring the bell” over the sweatshirt, somehow. He can’t use it in court, but he can have Lisa Backus write another article mentioning it so that jurors might read it (even though they aren’t supposed to). And you can’t unring the bell.

Last edited:
All good questions. I think “chain of custody” issues enter in here. And I guess it depends on whether or not there truly is MT’s DNA on these items, which also have Jennifer’s blood or other DNA on them. It doesn’t help to just have fD’s DNA, for example. Oh, and I rhink rhe hair on the sweatshirt was inconclusive with regard to MT, in that it could not be firmly identified as hers, but also could not be ruled out. And I think I recall that there was DNA from PG on it (probably because it likely belongs to him). I think the State of CT must also have some pretty compelling evidence, so that they didn’t fight over getting these items into evidence. I still think that JS will try to “ring the bell” over the sweatshirt, somehow. He can’t use it in court, but he can have Lisa Backus write another article mentioning it so that jurors might read it (even though they aren’t supposed to). And you can’t unring the bell.
Wow, so it was JD's blood DNA on the "bank box" tools and MT's lawyer(s), former and present, had possession of the "bank box" with items (including a letter from MT's present attorney), for years combined, before turning them over to LE. All that and the judge decides that attorney can continue defending the accused?

MT's attorney handled and kept the probable murder weapons a secret and because of unknown and intentionally veiled chain of custody on those tools, MT's attorney is not held accountable professionally in any way for his actions! What's up with this CT judge, no backbone? And I live here, SMH.
Thank you for the info Jmoose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member