Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #56

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know LE found the doctored plates in the storm sewer drain along Albany Ave and that the plates were doctored from plates for FD’s older - 2015 I think - black Chev Suburban (which was no longer actively registered).

Do we know that the doctored plates were used on the Toyota Tacoma? I have never seen evidence of that, so the question remains open for me WHICH vehicle FD and MT intended the doctored plates for. Another open question for me: if they were done using the plates for their intended purpose(s), why were they tucked inside a FedEx type cardboard envelope in a storm drain sewer rather than thrown In a distant dumpster? The method of concealment/protection plus disposal they used seems to me like an attempt to leave them for someone else to later pick up for use.
That's what I've thought--left them for someone else to pick up. KM?

Why did he want them back?

Strange.
I do really think these plates were used on PG’s Tacoma truck during the trip to and from New Canaan, and if that is the case, I can see why he’d have doctored and used them. Although, maybe it wasn’t even necessary to do so. I just can’t see why he would think he needed to get rid of them, unless he thought that they could see the tape residue on them if he kept them in his garage or wherever he normally had them. It does seem like he was leaving them to be picked up, in the mailing envelope. A question I have is why weren’t they picked up, if the plan was for KM to go and fish them out of the storm drain. How many days was it between 5/24 and the day they were found? Almost a week? Was KM already under surveillance by that time? Why didn’t he come and get them?

I do really think these plates were used on PG’s Tacoma truck during the trip to and from New Canaan, and if that is the case, I can see why he’d have doctored and used them. Although, maybe it wasn’t even necessary to do so. I just can’t see why he would think he needed to get rid of them, unless he thought that they could see the tape residue on them if he kept them in his garage or wherever he normally had them. It does seem like he was leaving them to be picked up, in the mailing envelope. A question I have is why weren’t they picked up, if the plan was for KM to go and fish them out of the storm drain. How many days was it between 5/24 and the day they were found? Almost a week? Was KM already under surveillance by that time? Why didn’t he come and get them?
Although difficult to believe all the statements made by KM or MT, I think it is a given fact that KM was a drinking alcoholic at that time. That use, combined with his assertion that he fell down a set of stairs might account for the fact the license plates remained in the storm drain.

The following is from an article in which KM claimed in had memory issues surrounding the days of JFD's abduction/death:

'Mawhinney initially denied meeting with the pair but told investigators in a subsequent interview that he fell on May 25-- the day after Jennifer Dulos disappeared - and suffered a concussion. He said he could not recall meeting or calling Dulos or Troconis the day before. However, phone records seemed to show that Dulos had called Mawhinney the night Jennifer Dulos disappeared.

“I don’t remember having contact with him," Mawhinney said, according to an affidavit. "If there’s a phone call I guess I did but I don’t remember having contact with Fotis.'"

That is possible-what would KM do with them?
I think the plan was that KM would use them to disguise a vehicle he would employ in acts to make his estranged wife disappear. But, I think KM lost his nerve after JFD's violent murder. I think that when plans moved to execution, the reality of what they were doing (and the likelihood that they'd all be caught) hit him like a Mack truck and he wanted nothing more to do with continuing the plans. So, he freaked out and destroyed his cellphone in the hope that by doing that LE would not be able to find the communications he had with FD close in time to before and after JFD's disappearance. (ETA: And he decided NOT to pick up the doctored license plates from their hiding place in the storm drain.)

FD may have been and MT may be evil enough to play it cool and above-it-all despite JFD's family's money in FD's accounts, JFD's blood on their hands, and her murder FOREVER on their souls, but I think KM - as weasel-like as he was and may still be - retained a touch more humanity than they did. He may have been okay with helping FD take JFD's family's money and he may have been okay with discussing plans before they became reality, but I think JFD's murder horrified him and he likely regrets the day he ever became acquainted with FD and his girlfriend.

I could be wrong. But, I suspect LE knew there was some raw material to work with (conscience, fear of losing his reputation among family who mattered to him, horror at crossing over the boundary into violent murder... some remnant of humanity FD and MT lacked) in trying to get KM to serve as witness against FD and MT. If so, I hope he rises to the occasion.

I could be wrong. But, I suspect LE knew there was some raw material to work with (conscience, fear of losing his reputation among family who mattered to him, horror at crossing over the boundary into violent murder... some remnant of humanity FD and MT lacked) in trying to get KM to serve as witness against FD and MT. If so, I hope he rises to the occasion.
^^rsbm

I agree about KM. I don't think he was born bad, seems to have come from a good, working class family that supported their son to achieve his dreams of completing law school (and still supporting him by giving their home as collateral for his release from jail).

IMO, KM would also not be the first professional to become jealous of the lives of their criminal element clients and fall prey to join them. It was about money for KM -- and never supposed to include a murder!

And FD did not discriminate -- he mastered a strong, convincing, affect on men as well as women. Here, no doubt FD used KM's alcoholism to enter and exploit every weakness.

Not excusing KM's actions but understand how it could have happened. MOO

ETA: I'm reminded of a gang leader who became state witness in the murder trial of law professor Dan Markel. Nine years and three trials later, the former gang leader was the witness who repeatedly came out on top. As a witness, he made taking his word easy. -- To him, an "oath" is the same whether it be given on the street or inside the court room.

Last edited:
I think the plan was that KM would use them to disguise a vehicle he would employ in acts to make his estranged wife disappear. But, I think KM lost his nerve after JFD's violent murder. I think that when plans moved to execution, the reality of what they were doing (and the likelihood that they'd all be caught) hit him like a Mack truck and he wanted nothing more to do with continuing the plans. So, he freaked out and destroyed his cellphone in the hope that by doing that LE would not be able to find the communications he had with FD close in time to before and after JFD's disappearance. (ETA: And he decided NOT to pick up the doctored license plates from their hiding place in the storm drain.)

FD may have been and MT may be evil enough to play it cool and above-it-all despite JFD's family's money in FD's accounts, JFD's blood on their hands, and her murder FOREVER on their souls, but I think KM - as weasel-like as he was and may still be - retained a touch more humanity than they did. He may have been okay with helping FD take JFD's family's money and he may have been okay with discussing plans before they became reality, but I think JFD's murder horrified him and he likely regrets the day he ever became acquainted with FD and his girlfriend.

I think this could be true. He DID send a guy with a crowbar and a gas can to the house where his wife was living, to frighten her, though. But that may have been all he was willing to do.

I think this could be true. He DID send a guy with a crowbar and a gas can to the house where his wife was living, to frighten her, though. But that may have been all he was willing to do.
Also, he temporarily joined and had access to that hunting & golf club where members found on the property what looked like a concealed grave prepared to receive a body (with bags of lime). Some would say that indicates he was at one time preparing to do more than just frighten someone.

Also, he temporarily joined and had access to that hunting & golf club where members found on the property what looked like a concealed grave prepared to receive a body (with bags of lime). Some would say that indicates he was at one time preparing to do more than just frighten someone.
But then he (at least I think it was KM) covered it back up again. He must have been frightened. I think to some degree, Seattle may be right about KM being swept along with fD’s craziness. Doesn’t make him a good person, though

Saw this today and it reminded me of MT and the varied excuses she made for losing her ankle monitor. I wonder why she didn't use this one -- monthly fee at $400. Perhaps CT covers this pre-conviction and/or while on bond release.

But then he (at least I think it was KM) covered it back up again. He must have been frightened. I think to some degree, Seattle may be right about KM being swept along with fD’s craziness. Doesn’t make him a good person, though
I dunno... looking back, seems fD was far too involved in KM's personal life too. I wonder if he was blackmailing KM?

Some good sleuthing in here on this case. And I have wondered how deep and large that supposed open dug grave at the hunt club was? (If this is already known and disclosed elsewhere I apologize.) Perhaps it was intended for more than one individual?
MOO

Pending Case Detail
Information is accurate as of November 18, 2023 04:50 AM
Defendant Information
Last, First: TROCONIS MICHELLERepresented By: 101793 J.L.SCHOENHORN
Birth Year: 1974Times on the Docket: 62
Docket Information
Docket No:FST -CR20-0241178-TArresting Agency:CSP TROOP G
Companion:
Program:Arrest Date:1/7/2020
Court:Stamford JDBond Amount:$1,500,000 (This case only)
Bond Type:Professional Surety
Miscellaneous:(Released From Custody)
Activity:Jury TrialNext Court Date:
12/11/2023 10:00 AM
Current Charges
StatuteDescriptionClassTypeOccOffense DatePleaVerdict Finding
53a-54aCONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER
B​
Felony​
1​
5/24/2019Not Guilty
53a-155CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT TAMPERING-PHYSICAL EVIDENCE
D​
Felony​
1​
5/24/2019
53a-155TAMPERING-PHYSICAL EVIDENCE
D​
Felony​
1​
5/24/2019
D​
Felony​
1​
5/29/2019
D​
Felony​
1​
5/29/2019
53a-166*HINDERING PROSECUTION 2ND DEG
C​
Felony​
1​
5/29/2019

Pending Case Detail
Defendant Information
Docket Information
Companion:
Current Charges
B​
Felony​
1​
5/24/2019Not Guilty
D​
Felony​
1​
5/24/2019
D​
Felony​
1​
5/24/2019
D​
Felony​
1​
5/29/2019
D​
Felony​
1​
5/29/2019
C​
Felony​
1​
5/29/2019
What are they still wrangling about?

Pending Case Detail
Defendant Information
Docket Information
Companion:
Current Charges
B​
Felony​
1​
5/24/2019Not Guilty
D​
Felony​
1​
5/24/2019
D​
Felony​
1​
5/24/2019
D​
Felony​
1​
5/29/2019
D​
Felony​
1​
5/29/2019
C​
Felony​
1​
5/29/2019

Okay - first off I have 12/11/23 for a motions hearing & trial to start on 1/8/24. ??

and is this ONLY for this case # ?
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20). Off GPS 4/6/23. Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse #FST-CR20-0241178-

I have these other 2 case #s for her. Did they combine everything into the above case # ? It looks like it to me.

*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague. Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19). Off GPS 4/6/23. Stamford Norwalk #FST-CR-19-0167364-T

*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution, tampering with physical evidence & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered yet. $500K bond. Posted bond. Off GPS 4/6/23. Stamford-Norwalk #FST-CR19-0148553-T

Okay - first off I have 12/11/23 for a motions hearing & trial to start on 1/8/24. ??

and is this ONLY for this case # ?
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20). Off GPS 4/6/23. Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse #FST-CR20-0241178-

I have these other 2 case #s for her. Did they combine everything into the above case # ? It looks like it to me.

*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague. Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19). Off GPS 4/6/23. Stamford Norwalk #FST-CR-19-0167364-T

*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution, tampering with physical evidence & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered yet. $500K bond. Posted bond. Off GPS 4/6/23. Stamford-Norwalk #FST-CR19-0148553-T
I never know how to read these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member