Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think there is. I remember MT and Bowman declining. But after all this time I have to say I could be mistaken about the video. But I am for sure it was offered and declined. Imo.
I remember this, too. With Bowman sitting right there. Actually, he was present every time the police interrogated her. If she asked for a Spanish-speaking cop, and they refused her, Bowman would have taken her and walked out of there.

11/3/23

The former attorney charged with conspiracy to commit murder in the disappearance and presumed death of Jennifer Dulos will have to keep wearing his GPS ankle monitor while out on bond. A judge denied Kent Mawhinney’s request to have the device removed Friday afternoon, according to the Stamford Superior Court clerk.

The court appearance came after Mawhinney and his attorney, Jeffrey Kestenband, missed a hearing on the motion last week because they were in the wrong courtroom.

In the newest motion to remove GPS monitoring, Kestenband said Mawhinney is not a flight risk. The motion stated that his immediate family lives in Connecticut, he has no passport, and he doesn’t know any foreign languages. It also said the case has garnered so much attention, Mawhinney would be recognizable anywhere if he tried to flee. The motion also pointed out that he’s traveled outside Connecticut multiple times with the court’s permission and had no violations.

The ankle bracelet has caused “undue embarrassment and anxiety” to Mawhinney and interfered with employment opportunities, according to the motion. It said Mawhinney has the ability to teach power skating lessons to teenage ice hockey players, but the bracelet prevents him from being able to wear an ice skate. Mawhinney previously requested the bracelet’s removal so he could get a job as a referee for local ice hockey games, but that motion was denied.

I don't see the prosecution wanting to take a chance that KM will slip away anywhere during the hustle and bustle of the upcoming holidays. They want him exactly where they have him and ready for his appearance come MT's January trial. Besides, he brought this on himself when it's believed he tampered with the bracelet monitor not long after he got the very discounted bond release. JMO

11/3/23

The former attorney charged with conspiracy to commit murder in the disappearance and presumed death of Jennifer Dulos will have to keep wearing his GPS ankle monitor while out on bond. A judge denied Kent Mawhinney’s request to have the device removed Friday afternoon, according to the Stamford Superior Court clerk.

The court appearance came after Mawhinney and his attorney, Jeffrey Kestenband, missed a hearing on the motion last week because they were in the wrong courtroom.

In the newest motion to remove GPS monitoring, Kestenband said Mawhinney is not a flight risk. The motion stated that his immediate family lives in Connecticut, he has no passport, and he doesn’t know any foreign languages. It also said the case has garnered so much attention, Mawhinney would be recognizable anywhere if he tried to flee. The motion also pointed out that he’s traveled outside Connecticut multiple times with the court’s permission and had no violations.

The ankle bracelet has caused “undue embarrassment and anxiety” to Mawhinney and interfered with employment opportunities, according to the motion. It said Mawhinney has the ability to teach power skating lessons to teenage ice hockey players, but the bracelet prevents him from being able to wear an ice skate. Mawhinney previously requested the bracelet’s removal so he could get a job as a referee for local ice hockey games, but that motion was denied.

Wait wait wait -- didn't MT use the same reasons for removal?

Except of course the passports, the other language, and the immediate family part.

Please straighten me out here....

jmho ymmv lrr

Wait wait wait -- didn't MT use the same reasons for removal?

Except of course the passports, the other language, and the immediate family part.

Please straighten me out here....

jmho ymmv lrr
EXCEPT....KM tried to take his pretty ankle bracelet off about a year ago....silly Kent.

MT just complained that the bracelet hurt her pretty ankles and she couldn't ski or go to the beach...So, I guess MT was a better co-conspiritor, bracelet wearer, but probably a bad girl for helping Fotis in other ways.

I am going to go ahead & post this even though it happened yesterday - that way I can shorten this up a bit & match my notes... :)

Friday, November 3rd:
*Motions Hearing (@ 9am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Kent D. Mawhinney (54/now 57) arrested & charged (1/7/20) & arraigned (2/20/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. Held on $2M bond. Bond reduced (10/7/20) to $246K. Bond posted (10/19/20). Bond set @ $1.5M (10/3/22); back in jail. Bond reduced (12/15/22) to $246K & on GPS monitoring (again) & on house detention. On 5/15/23 on GPS monitoring, but can leave house. To remove GPS monitoring denied (11/3/23).
Trial was set to begin in January, 2023 was vacated.
Court info from 1/7/20 thru 12/15/22 reference post #853 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-55.609653/page-43

5/4/23 Update: Hearing scheduled on 5/15/23 @ 9am to modify the conditions of his release motion filed by his attorney Jeffrey Kestenband.
5/15/23 Update: Judge Gary White lifted the house arrest on Monday for Mawhinney. Mawhinney granted conditional release; allowing him to visit his ailing uncle. According to his attorney, Mawhinney will now be able to travel throughout Connecticut but will have to wear an ankle bracelet to monitor his whereabouts. No trial date has been set for Mawhinney. At Monday’s hearing, Judge White ruled that Mawhinney would no longer need to serve house arrest. White also approved a request from Mawhinney to travel to Massachusetts on May 16 for a family-related event.
10/3/23 Update: Mawhinney has filed a motion to have his GPS ankle monitor removed.
10/24/23 Update: Mawhinney missed a chance to have his ankle monitor removed Tuesday, 10/24/23 after being late for his court appearance because he & his attorney were watching jury selection for the Troconis trial. Mawhinney was not watching jury selection he was in a conference room. The motion was supposed to be heard in state Superior Court in Stamford on Tuesday afternoon, however Mawhinney & his attorney, Jeffrey Kestenband, were not present when the case was called. After calling the matter twice, Superior Court Judge Gary J. White adjourned for the day. Kestenband & Mawhinney arrived a few minutes after Assistant State’s Attorney Elizabeth Moran left the courtroom. Kestenband told a prosecutor in the courtroom they had been upstairs where Troconis’ jury selection was taking place & he thought Supervisory Assistant State’s Attorney Michelle Manning was supposed to be prosecuting his client's motion. The defense will need to request another date for the motion to be heard.
11/3/23 Update: A judge denied Mawhinney’s request to have the GPS device removed on 11/3/23 Friday afternoon, according to the Stamford Superior Court clerk. The court appearance came after Mawhinney & his attorney, Jeffrey Kestenband, missed a hearing on the motion last week because they were in the wrong courtroom. In the newest motion to remove GPS monitoring, Kestenband said Mawhinney is not a flight risk. The motion stated that his immediate family lives in Connecticut, he has no passport, and he doesn’t know any foreign languages. It also said the case has garnered so much attention, Mawhinney would be recognizable anywhere if he tried to flee. The motion also pointed out that he’s traveled outside Connecticut multiple times with the court’s permission & had no violations.
*Michelle C. Troconis (44/now 47) – Cases #021178T, #0167364T & #0148553T: Status hearing on 12/11/23.
*Fotis Dulos (52) – Committed suicide on 1/28/20 & declared dead at 5:32pm on 1/30/20. 3/3/20: Charges dismissed. The case against Dulos will be officially dismissed in about a year, unless the state decides to reopen it. 1/17/22: After debt, no money left in Dulos estate for children. While Fotis Dulos’ estate has $395,687 in assets, it owes $548,280.75 in expenses, according to Farmington Probate Court records. Attorney Christopher Hug will be paid $189,525 for settling the estate & attorney Paul Knierim, who represented Hug, will receive $98,326, court documents show."

I am going to go ahead & post this even though it happened yesterday - that way I can shorten this up a bit & match my notes... :)

Friday, November 3rd:
*Motions Hearing (@ 9am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Kent D. Mawhinney (54/now 57) arrested & charged (1/7/20) & arraigned (2/20/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. Held on $2M bond. Bond reduced (10/7/20) to $246K. Bond posted (10/19/20). Bond set @ $1.5M (10/3/22); back in jail. Bond reduced (12/15/22) to $246K & on GPS monitoring (again) & on house detention. On 5/15/23 on GPS monitoring, but can leave house. To remove GPS monitoring denied (11/3/23).
Trial was set to begin in January, 2023 was vacated.
Court info from 1/7/20 thru 12/15/22 reference post #853 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-55.609653/page-43

5/4/23 Update: Hearing scheduled on 5/15/23 @ 9am to modify the conditions of his release motion filed by his attorney Jeffrey Kestenband.
5/15/23 Update: Judge Gary White lifted the house arrest on Monday for Mawhinney. Mawhinney granted conditional release; allowing him to visit his ailing uncle. According to his attorney, Mawhinney will now be able to travel throughout Connecticut but will have to wear an ankle bracelet to monitor his whereabouts. No trial date has been set for Mawhinney. At Monday’s hearing, Judge White ruled that Mawhinney would no longer need to serve house arrest. White also approved a request from Mawhinney to travel to Massachusetts on May 16 for a family-related event.
10/3/23 Update: Mawhinney has filed a motion to have his GPS ankle monitor removed.
10/24/23 Update: Mawhinney missed a chance to have his ankle monitor removed Tuesday, 10/24/23 after being late for his court appearance because he & his attorney were watching jury selection for the Troconis trial. Mawhinney was not watching jury selection he was in a conference room. The motion was supposed to be heard in state Superior Court in Stamford on Tuesday afternoon, however Mawhinney & his attorney, Jeffrey Kestenband, were not present when the case was called. After calling the matter twice, Superior Court Judge Gary J. White adjourned for the day. Kestenband & Mawhinney arrived a few minutes after Assistant State’s Attorney Elizabeth Moran left the courtroom. Kestenband told a prosecutor in the courtroom they had been upstairs where Troconis’ jury selection was taking place & he thought Supervisory Assistant State’s Attorney Michelle Manning was supposed to be prosecuting his client's motion. The defense will need to request another date for the motion to be heard.
11/3/23 Update: A judge denied Mawhinney’s request to have the GPS device removed on 11/3/23 Friday afternoon, according to the Stamford Superior Court clerk. The court appearance came after Mawhinney & his attorney, Jeffrey Kestenband, missed a hearing on the motion last week because they were in the wrong courtroom. In the newest motion to remove GPS monitoring, Kestenband said Mawhinney is not a flight risk. The motion stated that his immediate family lives in Connecticut, he has no passport, and he doesn’t know any foreign languages. It also said the case has garnered so much attention, Mawhinney would be recognizable anywhere if he tried to flee. The motion also pointed out that he’s traveled outside Connecticut multiple times with the court’s permission & had no violations.
*Michelle C. Troconis (44/now 47) – Cases #021178T, #0167364T & #0148553T: Status hearing on 12/11/23.
*Fotis Dulos (52) – Committed suicide on 1/28/20 & declared dead at 5:32pm on 1/30/20. 3/3/20: Charges dismissed. The case against Dulos will be officially dismissed in about a year, unless the state decides to reopen it. 1/17/22: After debt, no money left in Dulos estate for children. While Fotis Dulos’ estate has $395,687 in assets, it owes $548,280.75 in expenses, according to Farmington Probate Court records. Attorney Christopher Hug will be paid $189,525 for settling the estate & attorney Paul Knierim, who represented Hug, will receive $98,326, court documents show."
I wonder if MT’s mother went to this hearing?

No it has not been reset yet. His case was on "hold" for awhile. These last few weeks we had 2 hearings already. So hoping his case will move along - but I am sure they will wait until MT's trial is over.
I guessed that might be it--wait until she's tried first. But the word "vacated"--there should be another word for it, IMO.

See my reply to Niner above. But I too wonder what you wonder.
It says his trial is “to be scheduled”, but I do think it’s possible that a plea deal might be revealed after he testifies against MT, making a trial unnecessary. I guess we’ll find out, all in good time. Like everyone here, I want them both in prison-there is no doubt in my mind that they were both involved in FD’s fiendish plot.

11/3/23

glad that KM is in such good condition that he can teach power skating to teens...glad that his confinement, legal problems, situation, etc., has left him still physically fit and seeking gainful employment. surreal IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia