Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #56

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure? Maybe all of the multiple motions he recently filed? Just speculating.
I think what he will end up doing, is tying this up with motions so the trial cannot start on time, and they will lose some of the jurors, and have to start all over again. Keeps MT out of prison, and literally the only thing she cannot do is travel outside of the country. And she doesn’t really need to, since she sees her daughter most of the time here, and she can be in Miami with her family whenever she wants. And-no ankle monitor. As long as JS can stall, it’s almost like she’s free.

A jury was seated Thursday for the trial of Michelle Troconis.

Eight men and four women will make up the jury, according to the Connecticut Judicial Branch. Six will be regular jurors and six will act as alternate jurors.

Troconis is charged with conspiracy to commit murder, hindering prosecution and tampering with physical evidence in connection to the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos.

[..]

Jury selection began back in the beginning of October. The pandemic largely postponed the trial.

Troconis' attorney requested to move the trial to Hartford after conducting a public opinion poll that found a large percentage of people in Stamford knew about the case. A judge denied his request.

The trial is scheduled to start in January, but Troconis' attorney said he plans to ask for an earlier date. He said there will be additional motions heard starting Dec. 11, which will include full interrogation videos.

"All these people stated under oath that they will decide the case solely on the evidence and not any outside influence. I assume they will remain true to their word," Attorney Schoehorn said.

The evidence portion of the trial is set to start on Jan. 8 and it is expected to last at least six weeks.

@Niner

I shall post this as an UPDATE, so I can shorten it up!

Thursday, October 26th:
*Jury Selection continues (Day 11) (@ 10am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Michelle C. Troconis (44/now 49) (Dulos’ GF) arrested & charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (on 6/3/19). These charges were dismissed (8/28/20) & recharged below.
*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague. Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution, tampering with physical evidence & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered yet. $500K bond. Posted bond. Off GPS 4/6/23. Stamford-Norwalk
Jury Selection began on 10/4/23. There will six (6) jurors & six (6) alternates. 10/4/23: 2 jurors selected. 10/5/23: 1 juror selected. 10/11/23: 2 jurors selected & 1 from last week let go. 10/12/23: 1 juror selected. 10/13/23: 1 juror selected. 10/18/23: 1 juror selected. 10/19/23: 1 juror selected. 10/20/23: 1 juror selected. 10/24/23: 1 juror excused & 1 juror selected. 10/25: 1 juror selected. 5 women & 5 men. 10/26/23: 2 jurors selected. Total: 12 jurors selected. (8 men & 4 women).
Trial set to begin on 1/8/24 (will last a month, 3/1/24).
Judge Kevin Randolph presiding for trial.
Assistant State’s attorney Sean McGuinness & defense attorney Jon Schoenhorn.

Bond info & Court info from 6/3/19 thru 10/3/23 & Jury Selection Day 1-9 (10/4-10/24/23) reference post #766 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-56.683382/page-39

10/25/23 Wednesday, Jury Selection Day 10: 1 juror selected.
During selection, the prosecution has used seven peremptory challenges & the defense has used six, meaning they excuse potential jurors without needing to provide a reason. Each side gets 12 of these challenges
For more info see post #770 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-56.683382/page-39
Jury selection continues on Thursday, 10/26/23.

10/26/23 Thursday, Jury Selection Day 11: A jury for Troconis’ upcoming trial has been selected. The breakdown of the jury is 8 men & 4 women have been selected to hear evidence beginning 1/8/24. The group is made up of 6 jurors & 6 alternates. The extra alternates are due in part to the length of time before trial. For more info see post #780 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-56.683382/page-40
Next motions hearing on 12/11/23.

I was wondering if we will see increased flirt factor or damsel in distress?

I think there will be no doubt about it
I hope it falls flat.

Perhaps she should've worked harder on character and less on head tilt.

But then, you can't fake class.

JMO

I was wondering if we will see increased flirt factor or damsel in distress?
At least KM has done some time behind bars. As a male juror, I would be outraged if a flirty woman got less jail time for the same crime because she was batting her eyelashes at the jury/judge/police. Sex has been mentioned before in this case. Sex in the shower, sex against a truck, a nude painting, social media postings. I would say yuck but I think age is more at play here. Wonder about the age distribution of the jury.

At least KM has done some time behind bars. As a male juror, I would be outraged if a flirty woman got less jail time for the same crime because she was batting her eyelashes at the jury/judge/police. Sex has been mentioned before in this case. Sex in the shower, sex against a truck, a nude painting, social media postings. I would say yuck but I think age is more at play here. Wonder about the age distribution of the jury.
Younger men will likely not be appealed to in this way, I think. And nobody is going to be fooled by wearing a rosary as a necklace. I hope that the social media posts do come up, somehow, but I really don’t think MT will be on the stand; I think the defense would be making a big mistake if she ends up there.

A jury was seated Thursday for the trial of Michelle Troconis.

Eight men and four women will make up the jury, according to the Connecticut Judicial Branch. Six will be regular jurors and six will act as alternate jurors.

Troconis is charged with conspiracy to commit murder, hindering prosecution and tampering with physical evidence in connection to the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos.

[..]

Jury selection began back in the beginning of October. The pandemic largely postponed the trial.

Troconis' attorney requested to move the trial to Hartford after conducting a public opinion poll that found a large percentage of people in Stamford knew about the case. A judge denied his request.

The trial is scheduled to start in January, but Troconis' attorney said he plans to ask for an earlier date. He said there will be additional motions heard starting Dec. 11, which will include full interrogation videos.

"All these people stated under oath that they will decide the case solely on the evidence and not any outside influence. I assume they will remain true to their word," Attorney Schoehorn said.

The evidence portion of the trial is set to start on Jan. 8 and it is expected to last at least six weeks.

@Niner
I think it's interesting that JS keeps saying things like "jurors will...decide the case based solely on the evidence" as he frantically keeps trying to throw out evidence, especially in the December hearings and claims he's still looking to start the case before Christmas....He certainly doesn't want the jury to see the full truth of MT lying and lying...retracting statements...and, then, sort of admitting that she was lying and lying. She was under the advice of counsel during each of those interrogations.

The jury would only need to watch the tapes to convict her on a couple of the charges, but JS is still trying to claim...WHAT? That MT was too in love to tell the truth? MT was too stupid to tell the truth? MT didn't believe JFD could be deceased?

JS should be warned that he is using valuable court time with frivolous, previously determined motions, in my opinion!

I think it's interesting that JS keeps saying things like "jurors will...decide the case based solely on the evidence" as he frantically keeps trying to throw out evidence, especially in the December hearings and claims he's still looking to start the case before Christmas....He certainly doesn't want the jury to see the full truth of MT lying and lying...retracting statements...and, then, sort of admitting that she was lying and lying. She was under the advice of counsel during each of those interrogations.

The jury would only need to watch the tapes to convict her on a couple of the charges, but JS is still trying to claim...WHAT? That MT was too in love to tell the truth? MT was too stupid to tell the truth? MT didn't believe JFD could be deceased?

JS should be warned that he is using valuable court time with frivolous, previously determined motions, in my opinion!
Well it will be interesting if he tries to go the she needed an interpreter route during those interviews bc of stress and English not her first language etc. I know he tried to jump start the language barrier initially but that trailed off.
I honestly think he is still trolling for a way to get this back to Hartford in his home court. Hoping somehow during the hearings for his other bs motions, that something arises with this court that allows him to move things. Imo.

Well it will be interesting if he tries to go the she needed an interpreter route during those interviews bc of stress and English not her first language etc. I know he tried to jump start the language barrier initially but that trailed off.
I honestly think he is still trolling for a way to get this back to Hartford in his home court. Hoping somehow during the hearings for his other bs motions, that something arises with this court that allows him to move things. Imo.

Surely there is video of someone -- LE or court employee -- offering MT a translator.

Maybe video of Fore Group employees accepting those awards

Maybe even an ESPN employee, or South American ski resort employee ready to explain (under oath) that one of MT's roles as an employee was to speak English....

I can dream, right???

Probably Bowman cannot be asked the question? I'd love to hear his response!

And btw I want to keep MT's trial just as close to the home of the surviving victims -- the 5 children -- as possible!

jmho ymmv lrr

Surely there is video of someone -- LE or court employee -- offering MT a translator.

Maybe even an ESPN employee, or South American ski resort employee ready to explain (under oath) that one of MT's roles as an employee was to speak English....

I can dream, right???

And btw I want to keep MT's trial just as close to the home of the surviving victims -- the 5 children -- as possible!

jmho ymmv lrr
I could swear that I saw Det Kimball or one of the interrogators asking her if she wanted a translator, and she said “no”. But after Schoenhorn came on board, he claimed that she asked for a Spanish speaking interrogator, which isn’t quite the same thing. And there is no evidence that I have seen where she requested a “spanish-speaking cop”. So, not sure where that leaves us. If she DID ask for a spanish speaking cop to question her, how would she think that is different from a translator?

I can dream, right???

jmho ymmv lrr
I actually think there is. I remember MT and Bowman declining. But after all this time I have to say I could be mistaken about the video. But I am for sure it was offered and declined. Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm