Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens tomorrow-she has a court date, but trial doesn’t start; is that it? Can I assume rhat it is yet another “remote” court appearance?

She was very well represented by him, but when it became obvious that she and her family wanted to go in a different direction, I think he knew how this was going to play out for her. They really are stupidly running headfirst into a long prison term for her.
^^rsbm

I also find it shameful and desperate that they are calling PG a suspect, and that he was not thoroughly investigated but instead given immunity-- implying that MT is somehow being railroaded while the real criminal is going unpunished.

Again, if PG, the workman coming to the Four Group office everyday since 2016 was indeed suspicious or suspect in MT's eyes, why didn't she report this to LE during MT's earnest cooperation with the police back in 2019?

I fear a response to this question by the T's would be that MT is not a snitch....:rolleyes:

ETA: MT's arrest warrant best describes MT's actions on 5/24/19 including how she removed PG's 2001 Tacoma key left in truck door, allegedly to prevent PG from taking his truck home on Friday following his work shift.

Absent his truck key, fD encouraged PG to take the Ford Raptor and keep it over the holiday weekend. PG didn't agree to this offer and after he explained to fD that he had holiday plans which included transporting his dirt bikes in his own truck, fD agreed to call MT to return to 80 Mountain Spring Rd with his Tacoma truck key.

Unbeknownst to PG at the time, authorities allege fD and MT most likely wanted the Tacoma truck left behind so they could clean it of any evidence of Jennifer.

On Sunday, 5/26/19, PG learned from fD that Jennifer was reported missing. Inquiring of PG about his memory of Friday, fD was quick to tell PG he could just leave MT out of his recollection (i.e., that MT took his truck key and fD had to ask her to return to 80 Mountain Spring Rd with his key).

On 5/29/19 - PG was very surprised to find that fD/MT took his 18 yr old Tacoma work truck to be washed and detailed!

(PG typically parked his Tacoma at the Four Group office (4 Jefferson Crossing) everyday when he came to work. Coincidentally, on 5/24/19, fD told PG he moved PG's truck to 80 Mountain Spring Rd because the truck was leaking oil).

And the T's call MT innocent..., and PG a suspect..., yeah, right! MOO

Last edited:
^^rsbm

I also find it shameful and desperate that they are calling PG a suspect, and that he was not thoroughly investigated but instead given immunity-- implying that MT is somehow being railroaded while the real criminal is going unpunished.

Again, if PG, the workman coming to the Four Group office everyday since 2016 was indeed suspicious or suspect in MT's eyes, why didn't she report this to LE during MT's earnest cooperation with the police back in 2019?

I fear a response to this question by the T's would be that MT is not a snitch....:rolleyes:

ETA: MT's arrest warrant best describes MT's actions on 5/24/19 including how she removed PG's 2001 Tacoma key left in truck door, allegedly to prevent PG from taking his truck home on Friday following his work shift.

Absent his truck key, fD encouraged PG to take the Ford Raptor and keep it over the holiday weekend. PG didn't agree to this offer and after he explained to fD that he had holiday plans which included transporting his dirt bikes in his own truck, fD agreed to call MT to return to 80 Mountain Spring Rd with his Tacoma truck key.

Unbeknownst to PG at the time, authorities allege fD and MT most likely wanted the Tacoma truck left behind so they could clean it of any evidence of Jennifer.

On Sunday, 5/26/19, PG learned from fD that Jennifer was reported missing. Inquiring of PG about his memory of Friday, fD was quick to tell PG he could just leave MT out of his recollection (i.e., that MT took his truck key and fD had to ask her to return to 80 Mountain Spring Rd with his key).

On 5/29/19 - PG was very surprised to find that fD/MT took his 18 yr old Tacoma work truck to be washed and detailed!

(PG typically parked his Tacoma at the Four Group office (4 Jefferson Crossing) everyday when he came to work. Coincidentally, on 5/24/19, fD told PG he moved PG's truck to 80 Mountain Spring Rd because the truck was leaking oil).

And the T's call MT innocent..., and PG a suspect..., yeah, right! MOO
I am also really bothered by the accusation that PG is and should be considered an uncharged suspect. It appears that the authorities used some common sense in determining who might have been working in concert with fD, and who was completely out of the loop. I don’t doubt that the got it right. There may be some other unindicted co-conspiritors, but PG does not appear to be one of them. I would point a finger at Andreas Tout…and possibly others in Greece-or maybe the Albanian car salesman, but MT and KM were absolutely involved-Ihave no doubt. I cannot wait to hear what KM has to say.

What do you mean-they called her a “Latina”? Or did I miss something worse, since I couldn’t bear to read it?
Reading the message in it's entirety, Dulos' worker (someone close to him) was given immunity and MT, a natural born US citizen and Latina woman, is being singled out to suffer under the weight of a system that seems to be turning a blind eye to justice.

Reading the message in it's entirety, Dulos' worker (someone close to him) was given immunity and MT, a natural born US citizen and Latina woman, is being singled out to suffer under the weight of a system that seems to be turning a blind eye to justice.
I am actually laughing out loud at this-as if she is a “person of color”, and this is why it’s happening to her. She is in a predicament which is entirely of her own making-there were many times since 5/24/19, when she could have done something differently, and saved herself!

Good luck with that -- Up until Feb 6, 2020 when MT hired JLS, she never claimed not to understand English or need an interpreter. Also, MT was represented by counsel at each police interview. IMO, just another one of 70+ frivolous Motions by JLS.

12/8/23

Attorneys in the case of Michelle Troconis, who is charged in the death and disappearance of Jennifer Dulos, will argue Monday whether to suppress the defendant’s police interviews.

Troconis' attorney, Jon Schoenhorn, said there will be an evidentiary hearing on the interrogations with “live witnesses,” to be held at state Superior Court in Stamford at 10 a.m. Dec. 11.

[..]

In a remote hearing Wednesday, Judge Kevin Randolph pointed out that there have been more than 70 motions filed in the case. Attorneys argued about several pending motions and, at points, touched on what would be discussed Monday.

Police interviewed Troconis three times in June and in August after Jennifer Dulos had disappeared. Schoenhorn argued in his motion that English wasn’t her first language and a Spanish interpreter, which has been present with her throughout other hearings, was not provided at the time of the interrogation.

I am actually laughing out loud at this-as if she is a “person of color”, and this is why it’s happening to her. She is in a predicament which is entirely of her own making-there were many times since 5/24/19, when she could have done something differently, and saved herself!
And many times prior that she could have saved JFd. Mother to mother.

I keep forgetting that we only know what's contained in the AWs. Imagine what else LE has by now.

Good luck with that -- Up until Feb 6, 2020 when MT hired JLS, she never claimed not to understand English or need an interpreter. Also, MT was represented by counsel at each police interview. IMO, just another one of 70+ frivolous Motions by JLS.

12/8/23

Attorneys in the case of Michelle Troconis, who is charged in the death and disappearance of Jennifer Dulos, will argue Monday whether to suppress the defendant’s police interviews.

Troconis' attorney, Jon Schoenhorn, said there will be an evidentiary hearing on the interrogations with “live witnesses,” to be held at state Superior Court in Stamford at 10 a.m. Dec. 11.

[..]

In a remote hearing Wednesday, Judge Kevin Randolph pointed out that there have been more than 70 motions filed in the case. Attorneys argued about several pending motions and, at points, touched on what would be discussed Monday.

Police interviewed Troconis three times in June and in August after Jennifer Dulos had disappeared. Schoenhorn argued in his motion that English wasn’t her first language and a Spanish interpreter, which has been present with her throughout other hearings, was not provided at the time of the interrogation.
Agree. JS is a piece of work imo.

Those police interviews probably show just how well MT understood and spoke English….before she hooked up with JS.

And many times prior that she could have saved JFd. Mother to mother.

I keep forgetting that we only know what's contained in the AWs. Imagine what else LE has by now.
Yes, the arrest warrants never have all of the “good stuff”-they just contain what they need to get the charge to stick. I am eagerly awaiting what else the state of CT has, that worried the defense so much.

According the JLS, MT's recorded police interrogation interviews become public on Monday. In preparation of the release of this evidence, I read MT's Jan 6, 2020 arrest warrant which provides there were 3 interviews between police and MT on the following dates:
View attachment 467033
In addition to MT's warrant noted above, I further recommended referencing fD's arrest warrant of Sept 4, 2019 which provides some great references to PG's cooperation with the investigation and the details he provided to investigators without being asked or prompted for the information. There's no doubt in my mind that PG isn't anything more than another victim of this deadly duo, and that he will be a good witness for the state.

From MT's warrant, PG states that fD told him he would get in trouble if he talked to police because he wasn't a US Citizen -- PG has a green card. It appears that fD obtained a lawyer referral for PG. IMO, not being a citizen would be another good reason request use and derivative use immunity as a witness.

View attachment 467038

View attachment 467039

Troconis Arrest Warrant

Because so much terrible happened connected to this case, I had forgotten about the nasty and petty detail of fortis implying that PG's immigration status could be in jeopardy for doing the right thing.

Hoping for peace and justice all around.

MOO

What happens tomorrow-she has a court date, but trial doesn’t start; is that it? Can I assume rhat it is yet another “remote” court appearance?
There's no indication on the docket previously posted upthread this will be a remote hearing.

Also, JLS claims this will be "live witnesses" suppression hearing to hear arguments on whether or not to suppress MT's three police interrogation videos because she was not provided an interpreter.

IMO, the live witnesses will probably be psychologists and JLS will argue the six-prong test set forth in United States v. Garibay, 143 F.3d 534, 538 (9th Cir. 1998), whenever the admissibility of a custodial police interrogation of a non-native English speaker is challenged.

I trust at the end of the hearing, the Court will conclude that MTs' ability to speak and understand English was sufficiently high that she was fully capable of understanding and waiving her Miranda rights and making free and voluntary admissions.

In other words, MT understood English well enough to lie and cover for fD during the first two interviews, and on the 3rd interview, said she was ready to admit that she was not 100% truthful with investigators during the first two interviews. (See MT AW - custodial interviews were in the presence of her attorney AB).

There's no indication on the docket previously posted upthread this will be a remote hearing.

Also, JLS claims this will be "live witnesses" suppression hearing to hear arguments on whether or not to suppress MT's three police interrogation videos because she was not provided an interpreter.

IMO, the live witnesses will probably be psychologists and JLS will argue the six-prong test set forth in United States v. Garibay, 143 F.3d 534, 538 (9th Cir. 1998), whenever the admissibility of a custodial police interrogation of a non-native English speaker is challenged.

I trust at the end of the hearing, the Court will conclude that MTs' ability to speak and understand English was sufficiently high that she was fully capable of understanding and waiving her Miranda rights and making free and voluntary admissions.

In other words, MT understood English well enough to lie and cover for fD during the first two interviews, and on the 3rd interview, said she was ready to admit that she was not 100% truthful with investigators during the first two interviews. (See MT AW - custodial interviews were in the presence of her attorney AB).

Re: her ability to fully understand what was being said to her during each interrogation because of the alleged language barrier…when she supposedly begged for a Spanish speaking interrogator, and was refused, why didn’t Andrew Bowman take her out of there? She didn’t have to talk to the cops and he (AB) was present at all times. She was never alone with these cops, right? Why do they keep lying about stuff that is easily disproved? Is it just a time-wasting device?

Re: her ability to fully understand what was being said to her during each interrogation because of the alleged language barrier…when she supposedly begged for a Spanish speaking interrogator, and was refused, why didn’t Andrew Bowman take her out of there? She didn’t have to talk to the cops and he (AB) was present at all times. She was never alone with these cops, right? Why do they keep lying about stuff that is easily disproved? Is it just a time-wasting device?
Because JLS and MT are cut from the same cloth. And probably why the Judge has commented on the number of motions they are still hearing for this case on the eve of trial.

JLS has wasted more of the Court's time than any other lawyer I've ever witnessed. MOO

From MT's initial arrest and first interview (See FD arrest warrant 9/12/2019):

1702261643690.png

^^rsbm

1702262608334.png
1702262540065.png

AW Link at post #967 upthread.

Speaking of JLS first court appearance representing MT, post fD's death, I'm reminded of why I've opined that attorney and client are cut from the same cloth!

Some of the issues raised at the hearing included that MT and fD allegedly violated conditions of their release by communicating via a third party, GPS monitor bruises her ankle, needs business hours, and an interpreter.

2/7/2020

“We know nothing about third-party contact,” said attorney Jon Schoenhorn, who made his first appearance representing Troconis at Friday’s pretrial hearing in state Superior Court in Stamford.

[..]

Troconis wore headphones so the proceedings could be translated into Spanish as Colangelo also revealed that she is still in possession of an expired Venezuelan passport, which violates another term of her release. Judge Gary White ordered Troconis to turn in the expired passport as soon as possible.

[..]

Schoenhorn also entered into evidence a letter Fotis Dulos left at his Farmington property before his apparent suicide, proclaiming his innocence and claiming Troconis and his former attorney, Kent Mahwinney, had nothing to do with his estranged wife’s death and disappearance.

[..]

He asked for the house arrest to be lifted and his client’s movements be limited to Connecticut, Massachusetts and New York. Schoenhorn said Troconis also has a business in which she meets with clients, showing fabric.

[..]

Colangelo said it was the first time he heard of such an arrangement.

Schoenhorn also asked White to consider a 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. curfew as an alternative to house arrest. He claimed the strict confinement was affecting her business.

White ultimately denied the motion for a curfew. He did, however, strike down court-ordered drug tests, which had been one of the conditions of her release.

White also denied Schoenhorn’s request to remove the electronic monitoring device from his client’s ankle.

[..]

For the first time, Troconis wore headphones on Friday so she could hear the proceedings in Spanish. Troconis was born in the U.S., but grew up in Argentina and Schoenhorn said English is not her first language.

Schoenhorn said earlier this week that the language barrier could have been an issue when his client gave contradicting statements to police during their investigation.

Each time Troconis was “interrogated,” it was likely a “strenuous exercise” trying to comprehend the questions police were asking and formulate responses, Schoenhorn said earlier this week.

MT's four year history with a GPS ankle monitor.

Following Judge Gary White denying JLS's Motion seeking to to remove MT's GPS ankle monitor on Feb 6, 2020 (JLS first appearance), he was fired up and vowed on the Court steps he would take the matter up with the Appellate Court and perhaps the Federal Court as a Constitutional issue.

JLS had filed several motions in state Superior Court for the same request, but only priority matters were being heard since March due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

On June 17, 2020, JLS filed an emergency hearing with the State Appellate, again seeking removal of MT's GPS monitor, and JLS's Motion was not received well at all.

First, the Appellate Court agreed with prosecutors that it has no jurisdiction over MT's pending criminal case, and any Motions regarding the proceedings still before the state Superior Court.

The motions were denied as “untimely” and the Appellate Court can only step in if the motions were denied by a Superior Court judge — which has not happened, the order said.

“Under the circumstances of this case, the motion to modify has not been denied,” the order said.

In response, JLS offered that since he was MT's new counsel taking over her 2019 case, he was hoping the Appellate Court would suspend its rules and allow constitutional issues to be raised:

“The fact that the state criminal courts remain closed for everything except new arrests is a source of endless frustration for the criminal defense bar. I will discuss the next step with Michelle. A federal petition is one option.”

In his response, Senior State’s Attorney Ronald Weller, of the Appellate Unit of the Chief State’s Attorney’s Office, addressed JLS as follows:

Filing with the Appellate Court on Monday that Troconis is seeking “preferential treatment” while others who are incarcerated have not been able to get a bond hearing.

“The petitioner minimizes the enormity of the disruption to our court system that this global pandemic has wrought,” Weller said. “She has already had her day, and in fact several days, in court on her bond [ankle monitor] conditions.”
The Appellate Court “can only modify or vacate an order by the trial court,” Weller said.

“The trial court, however, has not yet ruled on the March 17, [2020] motion to review bail conditions, and therefore, there is no trial court order for (the Appellate Court) to modify or vacate,” Weller said in his response.

JLS was essentially told to wait his turn and stay in his lane.... MT's next hearing was scheduled for August 2020. Denied.

And Judge Gary White last denied yet on more defense Motion to remove MT's GPS ankle monitor in November 2022.
Fast forward to March 16, 2023, JLS appeared in Stamford Superior Court prepared to argue a 50+ page motion filed the day before, calling the anklet "legally unjustifiable."
In court, JLS noted he had the latest report from the Court Support Services Division showing MT is in full compliance:

“This is now close to four years that she’s been in full compliance, so I understand, I’m not going to object that the state wants some time [Assistant State’s Attorney Michelle Manning asked for time to prepare given she just got the motion filed only the day before]. I’ll just note that the delay keeps the status quo, which I’m trying to change.”
“There are many cases that suggest even a year or two of having to wear a GPS bracelet all the time, having the state know where you are at all times, constitutes punishment. Now we're on four years. Someone is presumed innocent, someone who's never been convicted of any crime ever, ever. Yet she's been on a bracelet for four years,” Schoenhorn said outside the courthouse before the hearing.

MT no longer lives in Connecticut, which is one reason why the prosecution has opposed removing her ankle monitor.

In court Thursday, Manning touched on that:.

"Just to preface some of the state's argument with respect to the GPS unit is her lack of ties to the community, Your Honor, and her ability to come to court. Her presence has been waived, numerous appearances have been done virtually, and her presence has been waived both virtually and in person on numerous occasions,” Manning said.

At the next hearing set for April 6, 2023, the court ruled MT no longer had to wear the GPS ankle monitor she'd been wearing since her arrest on June 3, 2019. Judge Gary White cited MT's full compliance with her release conditions and “stellar” court attendance during the past 46 months, before adding:

“I disagree with the defense that the bracelet shouldn't have been put on in the first place. But given her history, I don't think the bracelet continues to be necessary,” White said.

Defense Motion 3/15/23

Monday, Dec. 11th:
*Suppression Hearing (@ 10am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Michelle C. Troconis (44/now 49) (Dulos’ GF) arrested & charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (on 6/3/19). These charges were dismissed (8/28/20) & recharged below. Stamford Sup Court #FST-CR-19-0148552-T Dismissed on 8/28/20
*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague. Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19). Off GPS 4/6/23. Stamford Norwalk
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20). Off GPS 4/6/23. Stamford-Norwalk
*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution, tampering with physical evidence & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered yet. $500K bond. Posted bond. Off GPS 4/6/23. Stamford-Norwalk
Jury Selection began on 10/4/23 & ended 10/26/23. Six jurors & six alternates. (8 men & 4 women).
Trial set to begin on 1/8/24 (will last a month, 3/1/24).
Judge Kevin Randolph presiding for trial.
Assistant State’s attorney Sean McGuinness & Michelle Manning & defense attorneys Jon Schoenhorn & Audrey Felson.

Bond info & Court info from 6/3/19 thru 10/3/23 & Jury Selection Day 1-11 (10/4-10/26/23) reference post #789 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-56.683382/page-40

10/26/23 Update: Jurors selected. 8 men & 4 women. Next motions hearing on 12/11/23. 11/27/23 Update: Defense Motion to reopen hearing re: unreasonableness of search of defendant's home. 11/29/23 Update: A remote motion hearing is set on 12/6/23. The motions hearing on 12/11/23 was cancelled.
12/4/23 Update: Schoenbhorn files Motion to Dismiss. Sites the unreasonable delay between jury selection & the commencement of evidence violates the defendant's statutory & constitutional right to a speedy trial.
12/6/23 Update: Defense attorney Jon Schoenhorn argued Wednesday during a virtual hearing that he wants to know the names of the "alleged co-conspirators" in the case — particularly those who have not been arrested. Schoenhorn said he received documents on Tuesday showing Pawel Gumienny, a former employee of Fotis Dulos, had been offered immunity years ago. Schoenhorn said former Chief State's Attorney Richard Colangelo, who has since retired, made the offer in 2019. Gumienny was never charged in the case. "Mr. Gumienny is a potential witness in this case — nothing more, nothing less," Gumienny's attorney, Lindy Urso, wrote in an email Wednesday. "If subpoenaed, he will be compelled to appear in court & he will answer truthfully all questions put to him to the best of his ability. Supervisory Assistant State's Attorney Michelle Manning said during the hearing the prosecution plans to call Pawel Gumienny to testify. She said the offer of immunity was "recently known to us." Manning said the prosecution has interviewed Gumienny's attorney & Colangelo about what exactly was said during the conversation. She said Gumienny was not considered a co-conspirator, but "it was more with respect to his own potential culpability," that he was granted immunity.“ Stamford Superior Court Judge Kevin A. Randolph said the argument over naming the co-conspirators was "subtle." If there are other co-conspirators, he said, the defense should have an opportunity to know who they are so they could be contacted. Randolph said the court wouldn't rule on whether the co-conspirator term could be used by the defense.
FILED on 12/4/23 Defendant is seeking dismissal of charges citing the right to a speedy trial, as outlined in constitutional amendments & legal doctrines. The argument centers on the delay between jury selection & the start of evidence, claiming a violation of statutory & constitutional rights. A new date has been set for the Troconis trial in Stamford. Attorney Jon Schoenhorn clarifies Troconis’ court appearance on Monday, 12/11/23, is a suppression hearing. Her trial is expected to start on 1/8/24. Troconis’ attorney, Jon Schoenhorn, said that interrogation videos will become public at that time.

Schoenhorn also entered into evidence a letter Fotis Dulos left at his Farmington property before his apparent suicide, proclaiming his innocence and claiming Troconis and his former attorney, Kent Mahwinney, had nothing to do with his estranged wife’s death and disappearance.
I'm guessing JS got the suicide note from NP--if it was the original, and that LE turned it over to NP after finding it in the vehicle with FD (tho' wouldn't LE have wanted to keep it as evidence?) That note was published online shortly after FD's suicide attempt, attributable to NP's law firm, AIR. I've guessed that FD sent it to NP by phone before the attempt. I wondered if FD might've thought NP would've notified Smith and the suicide attempt might've been halted, but NP had his phone turned off while he was in Wash. DC re another client (as he told Chaz & AJ shortly afterwards).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum