Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing JS got the suicide note from NP--if it was the original, and that LE turned it over to NP after finding it in the vehicle with FD (tho' wouldn't LE have wanted to keep it as evidence?) That note was published online shortly after FD's suicide attempt, attributable to NP's law firm, AIR. I've guessed that FD sent it to NP by phone before the attempt. I wondered if FD might've thought NP would've notified Smith and the suicide attempt might've been halted, but NP had his phone turned off while he was in Wash. DC re another client (as he told Chaz & AJ shortly afterwards).
Referencing the suicide note, if FD was innocent of JFd's disappearance, as he claimed, how could he be certain MT or KM weren't involved? Theoretically MT could have enlisted KM to connect her with an underbelly hitman, surely KM would have known some serious underbellies.

What a stupid thing to put in a suicide note.

More a nod to them from the afterlife. Yeah, I know I left you holding the bag (with your fingerprints on it) but I used my last cowardly breath to tell LE to look beyond you. Did you a solid.

LE doesn't reads suicide notes and say okie dokie.

Besides, IMO it wasn't a suicide note. It was a confession, right there between the lines.

And a Last Will & Testament

To the user (MT) I used, I leave you absolutely nothing. Well, except this slightly worn sentence telling LE to leave ya alone. It's almost Valentiney. I'm sure Hallmark has a card for that. Musical one, you open it and all the tiny violins fall out.

I do think much of the details of the planned crime were kept from MT (not for HER protection but for FD's) because, let's face it, FD didn't pick her for her brains. He needed her to facilitate that morning call, of which I firmly believe no one was there but MT and the TWO phones I think she was babysitting.

But IMO she KNEW he was plotting something, likely even the murder. Bet Prince Charming was glowing about their future life together, abroad, beyond immunity, with the combined 6 children, where aged MT could ski to her heart's content and commission additional nude portraits... except FD only needed her to be Jennifer 2.0, chief caretaker of the children so he could play and ski and cavort and cheat with impunity. Picked himself a washed-out, elevated babysitter.

I still wonder what she had hoped to pilfer when LE gave her the extreme and unwarranted courtesy session to retrieve her beloved flat iron. No wonder she was upset that LE watched her every move.

Grifters grift.

JMO

Last edited:
https://x.com/marissaalter/status/1734226725620338762?s=46

“HAPPENING TODAY: Michelle Troconis is in court for a multi-day hearing on her attorney’s motion to suppress Troconis’ police interviews at trial, which begin 1/8. She’s pleaded not guilty to charges in the disappearance & presumed death of Jennifer Dulos. @News12CT

Of note, Jennifer Dulos’ mother, sister, and other loved ones including family spokesperson Carrie Luft are also in attendance. @News12CT

I’m hearing that before the suppression hearing begins, both sides will take up requests from a couple jurors who now want off the trial. @News12CT”

I'm guessing JS got the suicide note from NP--if it was the original, and that LE turned it over to NP after finding it in the vehicle with FD (tho' wouldn't LE have wanted to keep it as evidence?) That note was published online shortly after FD's suicide attempt, attributable to NP's law firm, AIR. I've guessed that FD sent it to NP by phone before the attempt. I wondered if FD might've thought NP would've notified Smith and the suicide attempt might've been halted, but NP had his phone turned off while he was in Wash. DC re another client (as he told Chaz & AJ shortly afterwards).
Thanks for your response @pernickety. First thing this morning, I thought -- what an odd thing for JLS to comment about to the media. He certainly loves a spin...

If I remember correctly, the letter was addressed to NP, and recall analysts talking about this on Court TV where the consensus was that updated Discovery Rules in a paperless world provide for an electronic copy (of the hard copy) to be admitted as evidence (i.e., for each defendant MT and KM).

If the prosecution doubted the authenticity, they could have opposed the admission and motioned to dismiss the evidence. I don't recall ever hearing that fD's note was admitted, challenged, or that it was the subject of the many suppression hearings.

(This was all back in the day when NP was on a mission to challenge the Court to allow him to continue his fight to exonerate fD of the murder charges). MOO

“HAPPENING TODAY: Michelle Troconis is in court for a multi-day hearing on her attorney’s motion to suppress Troconis’ police interviews at trial, which begin 1/8. She’s pleaded not guilty to charges in the disappearance & presumed death of Jennifer Dulos. @News12CT

Of note, Jennifer Dulos’ mother, sister, and other loved ones including family spokesperson Carrie Luft are also in attendance. @News12CT

I’m hearing that before the suppression hearing begins, both sides will take up requests from a couple jurors who now want off the trial. @News12CT”
Under that same tweet :
https://twitter.com/MarissaAlter
Marissa Alter

@MarissaAlter
·
38m

Of note, Jennifer Dulos’ mother, sister, and other loved ones including family spokesperson Carrie Luft are also in attendance.
@News12CT

sound like this hearing will go into tomorrow also.... re above red/bold by me.

Marissa Alter
@MarissaAlter

HAPPENING NOW: As I’d heard, the day begins with taking up up emails from two jurors who now say it would be “inconvenient or beyond inconvenient” to serve on the jury for Michelle Troconis’ trial, which is expected to last two months.
@News12CT
7:31 AM · Dec 11, 2023

@MarissaAlter

All we’ve learned is the first juror has had a change of residency since being picked. Five minute recess to get the email he sent in.
@News12CT
7:35 AM · Dec 11, 2023

@MarissaAlter

We’re back. Juror who was chosen says he actually lives in New York and has lived there since Nov. 2022 but never changed his license to NY and the jury notice came to his parents’ house, where he used to live, in CT.
@News12CT
7:45 AM · Dec 11, 2023

Juror is excused. He was selected as a regular juror. So now one of the six alternates will be drawn to replace him.
@News12CT
7:46 AM · Dec 11, 2023

Next person who says he can’t serve on the jury is an alternate. He says he can’t serve on a jury that length because his mother-in-law needs heart surgery and he and his wife need to help take care of her. Judge excuses him from serving.
@News12CT
7:50 AM · Dec 11, 2023

We are now down to four alternates left, along with the six-person jury, when the trial begins in four weeks.
@News12CT
7:55 AM · Dec 11, 2023

ETA: add tweets

@MarissaAlter

TROCONIS HEARING: We start today’s hearing finishing testimony on the defense’s motion to suppress the seizure of Michelle Troconis’ cell phone. The argument is police did not have probable cause to seize it on 5/31/2019.
@News12CT
8:28 AM · Dec 11, 2023

Police did not have a warrant for the phone when they seized it.
@News12CT
8:29 AM · Dec 11, 2023
·

Last edited:
Marissa Alter
@MarissaAlter

HAPPENING NOW: As I’d heard, the day begins with taking up up emails from two jurors who now say it would be “inconvenient or beyond inconvenient” to serve on the jury for Michelle Troconis’ trial, which is expected to last two months.
@News12CT

@MarissaAlter

All we’ve learned is the first juror has had a change of residency since being picked. Five minute recess to get the email he sent in.
@News12CT

@MarissaAlter

We’re back. Juror who was chosen says he actually lives in New York and has lived there since Nov. 2022 but never changed his license to NY and the jury notice came to his parents’ house, where he used to live, in CT.
@News12CT

Juror is excused. He was selected as a regular juror. So now one of the six alternates will be drawn to replace him.
@News12CT

Next person who says he can’t serve on the jury is an alternate. He says he can’t serve on a jury that length because his mother-in-law needs heart surgery and he and his wife need to help take care of her. Judge excuses him from serving.
@News12CT

We are now down to four alternates left, along with the six-person jury, when the trial begins in four weeks.
@News12CT

No men women count? I did have 8 men & 4 women. So 2 guys gone - 6 men & 4 women, maybe? Just want to keep my notes straight! TIA! :)

No men women count? I did have 8 men & 4 women. So 2 guys gone - 6 men & 4 women, maybe? Just want to keep my notes straight! TIA! :)
Confirming 2 male jurors dismissed - 1 panel juror, 1 alternate. I think you already had the gender count to subtract from. Don't know the gender of alternate who will be bumped up to serve on the panel of 6. ;)

Marissa Alter
@MarissaAlter

@News12CT

@MarissaAlter

@News12CT

@MarissaAlter

@News12CT

@News12CT

@News12CT

@News12CT

ETA: add tweets

@MarissaAlter

TROCONIS HEARING: We start today’s hearing finishing testimony on the defense’s motion to suppress the seizure of Michelle Troconis’ cell phone. The argument is police did not have probable cause to seize it on 5/31/2019.
@News12CT
8:28 AM · Dec 11, 2023

Police did not have a warrant for the phone when they seized it.
@News12CT
8:29 AM · Dec 11, 2023
·
They did not have a warrant for the phone when they seized it?! Then why….?

They did not have a warrant for the phone when they seized it?! Then why….?
Bit of a gray zone. Police can seize your phone if they have probable cause a crime was committed but cannot search it yet until a warrant is obtained.

And then there's exigent circumstances which I think the police were relying on here (i.e., a situation where people are in imminent danger, evidence faces imminent destruction, or a suspect's escape is imminent).

IMO, Court could rule either way.

I'm reminded of fD asking to check PG's phone allegedly to refresh his memory after police seized his phone, but where fD deleted data from PG's phone history.

DBM.

ETA: I was mistaken in remembering the time of day the phone related warrant was authorized.

The warrant for the cellphone device and logical extraction of it was approved at 8:50 pm, so after FD handed over his phone at roughly 2:47 pm.

Last edited:
Marissa Alter
@MarissaAlter

The sergeant testified that after seeing the video from Albany Ave in Hartford of Fotis Dulos making multiple stops to dump items, and a woman he inferred was Michelle Troconis in the car with him, the sergeant said there were exigent circumstances to seize her phone.
@News12CT
9:34 AM · Dec 11, 2023

The sergeant testified that there was an immediate need to seize the phone so potential evidence couldn’t be destroyed. He said he immediately put it in airplane mode so that couldn’t happen. A search warrant to do a forensic exam of the phone was applied for & granted on 6/6.
9:50 AM · Dec 11, 2023

I’m confused by this claim there was no warrant. LE obtained approval on 5/25 at 8:30 am for a warrant to search FD’s cellphone records and they obtained approval on 5/25 at 8:50 am for another warrant to seize the device and get a logical extraction from it.

FD walked into the police station on 5/25 at 2:47 pm and that is when LE asked for his phone and he handed it over to them.

2:47 pm is after 8:30 am and 8:50 am. So why the claim there was no warrant?
No warrant for MT’s phone. JS wanted to suppress the evidence obtained by the “dump” from the tower that caught Mt’s phone (and presumably others as well), and is using the fact that there was no warrant, so any evidence obtained by examining her phone should be suppressed, I think. They had a warrant for fD’s phone; they didn’t have one for MT’s-but apparently it was an emergency situation, so it may go either way. I assume there is some precedent that might allow it to go in favor of the police and not for MT.

I’m confused by this claim there was no warrant. LE obtained approval on 5/25 at 8:30 am for a warrant to search FD’s cellphone records and they obtained approval on 5/25 at 8:50 am for another warrant to seize the device and get a logical extraction from it.

FD walked into the police station on 5/25 at 2:47 pm and that is when LE asked for his phone and he handed it over to them.

2:47 pm is after 8:30 am and 8:50 am. So why the claim there was no warrant?
This is about MT's phone, not fD.

This is about MT's phone, not fD.
Thanks. I was wrong about the time of day the warrant was approved for FD’s device and logical extraction of it anyway (a warrant had been approved for his phone records at 8:30 am - prior to taking his phone -, but the warrant to seize the device and logically extract it was approved at 8:50 pm NOT am). I deleted my original post and edited to include correct info.

Analysis of FD’s phone led to discovery of the Albany Ave evidence-dumping trip and the surveillance images of MT accompanying FD on that trip. Cannot imagine a judge disagreeing with LE that seizure of MT’s phone to prevent FURTHER evidence destruction was absolutely called for Under those circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum