Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #56

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He just wants to make public, the agony that Jennifer was going through prior to her murder. How this exonerates his client is beyond me. It certainly does not make MT look innocent in any way-I believe he is just trying to make everyone look bad. This is not evidence of innocence. He is claiming to have other ways to obtain the information? Well, if he does, he will find a way to make it public, for all to see.
Possibly JS wants the prosecution to think he could get the transcript and use it to "impeach" a particular kind of evidence against MT that the state might bring forward at trial?

Possibly JS wants the prosecution to think he could get the transcript and use it to "impeach" a particular kind of evidence against MT that the state might bring forward at trial?
Could be-I think he imagines that a custody battle between two married people, where his client is in the middle ought to have more impact than what other people do.

Could be-I think he imagines that a custody battle between two married people, where his client is in the middle ought to have more impact than what other people do.
Ok-that wasn’t worded correctly-I meant to say that JS seems to think there is something in this fight between fD and JF that somehow, irrationally, makes MT look good. Nothing will, though.

Ok-that wasn’t worded correctly-I meant to say that JS seems to think there is something in this fight between fD and JF that somehow, irrationally, makes MT look good. Nothing will, though.
I wonder how he could get the transcript if not through a court reporter or monitor. Unless the entire transcript was already produced and someone has it and JS knows what's in it--either by hearsay or by actually reading it? Or maybe by listening to the audio-recording? Audios are also for sale, but I imagine not if the hearing was sealed. Still, to my understanding, audios are instantly archived--while the hearing is happening.

I wonder how he could get the transcript if not through a court reporter or monitor. Unless the entire transcript was already produced and someone has it and JS knows what's in it--either by hearsay or by actually reading it? Or maybe by listening to the audio-recording? Audios are also for sale, but I imagine not if the hearing was sealed. Still, to my understanding, audios are instantly archived--while the hearing is happening.
My guess is that he already has it somehow, but needs the court’s special dispensation to use it in some way. That, or it’s just an idle threat.

You know what’s been bugging me for a long, long time? Why did FD and MT go and see Andrew Bowman on the day that Pawel Gumienny’s truck was being detailed at Russell Speeder’s car wash (May 29th)? Which one of them thought at that point that they needed a lawyer. And if it was MT who thought, prior to her arrest, that she needed one, why did she think that?

Judge Blawie gave JS permission to read one of the sealed documents. Perhaps it was the family study.

However, again relying on my memory, FD had copies of court documents in his safe. I believe that MT had seen those documents.MOO (Was her English up to the task of reading and understanding those documents???)

She could still retain copies to this day.
ALL MOO!

You know what’s been bugging me for a long, long time? Why did FD and MT go and see Andrew Bowman on the day that Pawel Gumienny’s truck was being detailed at Russell Speeder’s car wash (May 29th)? Which one of them thought at that point that they needed a lawyer. And if it was MT who thought, prior to her arrest, that she needed one, why did she think that?

Great catch Jmoose! I'd completely forgotten the two events were on the same da.

The innocent MT just happened to decide she needed a lawyer that day, and FD helped to arrange the meeting. Right!

Judge Blawie gave JS permission to read one of the sealed documents. Perhaps it was the family study.

However, again relying on my memory, FD had copies of court documents in his safe. I believe that MT had seen those documents.MOO (Was her English up to the task of reading and understanding those documents???)

She could still retain copies to this day.
ALL MOO!
She has copies of whatever FD had-and so does JS. But they cannot deploy them without the permission of the court. There’s something in there, I believe, that they think is derogatory about Jennifer, Fotis, or both, that they think somehow exonerates MT-or something like “the kids think she’s nice and they like being in her company”. That does not eliminate the evidence that the State currently has. It’s my opinion that the defense is grasping at straws.

Still a hearing for MT tomorrow, 8/9/23?
re:
Defense attorney Jon Schoenhorn appeared in State Superior Court in Stamford where a judge scheduled an 8/9/23 hearing on his motion to transfer the case to a different judicial district & will hear arguments on 8/16/23 & 8/17/23 on his request to have some evidence suppressed.

She has copies of whatever FD had-and so does JS. But they cannot deploy them without the permission of the court. There’s something in there, I believe, that they think is derogatory about Jennifer, Fotis, or both, that they think somehow exonerates MT-or something like “the kids think she’s nice and they like being in her company”. That does not eliminate the evidence that the State currently has. It’s my opinion that the defense is grasping at straws.
As I recall, JS said (some time ago) that Jennifer's lawyer, who was at that hearing, objected to the Judge's wanting to close the courtroom and seal the hearing. So I don't think he could've thought there was anything negative about Jennifer in the shrink's testimony, or in the reason why he stopped testifying. Here're a few more excerpts from journalist Rennie's article in the Courant:

"Schoenhorn wants a transcript of the custody hearing to look for anything that could help Troconis by revealing what may have precipitated Jennifer Dulos' disappearance. The Dulos divorce case was closed and dismissed in 2020, after the parties were declared dead or presumed dead. A year later, in March 2021, Schoenhorn filed a transcript request with the court reporter who produced the transcript, who is an employee of the state Judicial Branch.

"Schoenhorn was told he couldn't have it because the file is sealed. When he couldn't find a sealing order after searching the public file in the clerk's office of the Superior Court in Stamford, he moved in Superior Court in Hartford for an order instructing the court reporter's office to provide him with the transcript. It was later learned that the court order sealing the transcript had been inadvertently sealed."

So the entire transcript was apparently produced. Dulos could've shown it to MT, or maybe it was Norm P who got it from Fotis, then gave it to Bowen or Schoenhorn, to support NP's GG theory--"...by revealing what what may have precipitated [her] disappearance..."

I tried to get the SC decision itself, but it wasn't docketed yet.

As I recall, JS said (some time ago) that Jennifer's lawyer, who was at that hearing, objected to the Judge's wanting to close the courtroom and seal the hearing. So I don't think he could've thought there was anything negative about Jennifer in the shrink's testimony, or in the reason why he stopped testifying. Here're a few more excerpts from journalist Rennie's article in the Courant:

"Schoenhorn wants a transcript of the custody hearing to look for anything that could help Troconis by revealing what may have precipitated Jennifer Dulos' disappearance. The Dulos divorce case was closed and dismissed in 2020, after the parties were declared dead or presumed dead. A year later, in March 2021, Schoenhorn filed a transcript request with the court reporter who produced the transcript, who is an employee of the state Judicial Branch.

"Schoenhorn was told he couldn't have it because the file is sealed. When he couldn't find a sealing order after searching the public file in the clerk's office of the Superior Court in Stamford, he moved in Superior Court in Hartford for an order instructing the court reporter's office to provide him with the transcript. It was later learned that the court order sealing the transcript had been inadvertently sealed."

So the entire transcript was apparently produced. Dulos could've shown it to MT, or maybe it was Norm P who got it from Fotis, then gave it to Bowen or Schoenhorn, to support NP's GG theory--"...by revealing what what may have precipitated [her] disappearance..."

I tried to get the SC decision itself, but it wasn't docketed yet.
So, do you suppose that MT and JS want to continue to pursue the GG theory? Interesting-and yet they treat the situation like she is dead…looted her house like they knew she wouldn’t come looking for her stuff, and have disparaged her like they knew she would never come after them in court. They all know she is dead-they had better get their stories straight! I think the blood in the truck fD drove, and he and MT cleaned up will successfully contradict their theory. And normal, logical people will reject it.

So, do you suppose that MT and JS want to continue to pursue the GG theory? Interesting-and yet they treat the situation like she is dead…looted her house like they knew she wouldn’t come looking for her stuff, and have disparaged her like they knew she would never come after them in court. They all know she is dead-they had better get their stories straight! I think the blood in the truck fD drove, and he and MT cleaned up will successfully contradict their theory. And normal, logical people will reject it.
I agree with those very good points you've made.

Wednesday, August 9th:
Pretrial Motions Hearing (@ 9am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Michelle C. Troconis (44/now 48) (Dulos’ GF) arrested & charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (on 6/3/19). These charges were dismissed (8/28/20) & recharged below.
*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague. Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution, tampering with physical evidence & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered yet. $500K bond. Posted bond. Off GPS 4/6/23.
Judge Kevin Randolph presiding for trial.
Bond info & Court info from 6/3/19 thru 5/12/23 reference post #965 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-55.609653/page-49

5/26/23 Update: Attorney Jon Schoenhorn will not be removed from the Troconis case. The initial motion to disqualify him was due, in part, to the possibility the State would call him as a witness to testify about a box of evidence turned over to police in March, 2021. That’s now moot because both sides have stipulated to not introduce that evidence at trial. The State still thought there could be a conflict of interest, so at a hearing today, Judge Gary White questioned Troconis & she waived any potential conflicts. With this issue decided, the case can finally move forward. Judge Kevin Randolph will be the trial judge. The next court date is set for 6/22/23 where both sides are expected to schedule days for the remaining motions to be argued & potentially set a trial date.
6/22/23 Update: A judge on Thursday scheduled hearings for two motions filed by the attorney for Troconis. Defense attorney Jon Schoenhorn appeared in State Superior Court in Stamford where a judge scheduled an 8/9/23 hearing on his motion to transfer the case to a different judicial district & will hear arguments on 8/16/23 & 8/17/23 on his request to have some evidence suppressed. The proceedings against Troconis had been stalled as Schoenhorn was embroiled in a controversy for months over a sweatshirt he contended may be evidence in the case.
8/7/23 Update: The Connecticut Supreme Court Monday rebuffed an attempt by Troconis to obtain a sealed transcript from a child custody hearing that she had hoped would include evidence supporting her defense against charges that she conspired in the murder & disappearance of Jennifer Farber Dulos. Troconis wanted access to the transcript of a two-day custody hearing in the bitter divorce of Jennifer & Fotis Dulos. Jennifer disappeared & is presumed, based on blood stains & other evidence, to have been murdered a week after the May 2019 custody hearing, from which the presiding judge had improperly barred the public in Stamford Superior Court.
*Kent D. Mawhinney (54/now 58) – Murder: Judge John F. Blawie put the case on the trial docket. Hearing on 5/15/22. 2/23/22: Plead guilty to a charge of violating a protective order that stemmed from an incident involving his ex-wife. Sentenced for violation & assault on 6/17/22 was given a 5 year suspended prison sentence & 3 years of probation on a domestic violence charge.
*Fotis Dulos (52) – Committed suicide on 1/28/20 & declared dead at 5:32pm on 1/30/20. 3/3/20: Charges dismissed. The case against Dulos will be officially dismissed in about a year, unless the state decides to reopen it. 1/17/22: After debt, no money left in Dulos estate for children. While Fotis Dulos’ estate has $395,687 in assets, it owes $548,280.75 in expenses, according to Farmington Probate Court records. Attorney Christopher Hug will be paid $189,525 for settling the estate & attorney Paul Knierim, who represented Hug, will receive $98,326, court documents show."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prairie Gurl