Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #57

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realized it is Friday, so I should have said LATE next week in the above post!

Monday is a Federal Holiday - Martin Luther King Day - are the courts closed in Connecticut on Monday, 1/15? Just want to keep my notes straight. But I guess some article will let us know - and the Judge to the jurors. Just thought I would ask...

Just had a chance to watch a bit this morning. JS is trying to make it look like he is adding value when what he is doing is actually nit picking IMO issues that really have no impact on his clients guilt or innocence. Not surprising but yes annoying and time consuming.
Questioning the first witness about whether she took the pictures that were depicting the garage and being related to the sketch maps she made ? The witness initially stated who was with her and what their roles were. At no time did she say or even indicate she was the photographer.
This last court exchange about the luminol that the court has now recessed about until 12:15ish to look at case's cited - has no bearing on MT's guilt or inocence.
Why is JS worried aobut luminol shown in pictures. Its easy to explain that not all that lights up in blood.
Hmmm. Is JS is still going to argue that there is not enough evidence to say JFD is dead - if so he is a buffoon. A court has declared her legally dead.
On another note - I find the state - Michelle Manning to be great in her role. She is prepared, even keeled, relatable, and very sharp. Her presence bodes well for Justice for Jennifer IMO
ALLJMO
Yes, re: Manning—IMO the perfect one to be in the forefront now. The other (sorry his name escapes) will hopefully bring intensity where needed, strategically. I believe Manning’s capable of range, also. It’s so good she’s not being annoying here, during the more technical parts of testimony.

Yeah, JS’s focus on not-blood-substance-like-luminol “junk science” stuff seems like a vestige of *something*—if not the ridiculous GG theory, then perhaps an attempt to downplay the savagery of the attack, and the implications re: MT’s character once jurors discover just how far in she went. Sentencing and all. The big conspiracy charge, too.

Am talking like Yoda today, but maybe this makes sense. MOO

Last edited:
You mean, “bleeding-like”?
Imagine if investigations were limited to the bounds JAS would hold them to. They'd either be prohibitively expensive (because you'd have to laboratory test anything that remotely resembled blood rather than being able to presumptively test) OR you'd have to rely primarily upon sight to determine what to test and what not to test and would so risk leaving evidence uncollected.

Hoping they're back soon, I assume the judge might still be reviewing the cases the state presented in contrast to Moody (which JS keeps referencing). Iirc from yesterday, they already cited that using Moody as precedent is flawed since there have been at least two cases since that have walked it back.

Also, when it comes to the presumptive blood tests, how hard is it to trust the jury that they can understand that the positive result can mean that it MIGHT be blood, just like they can understand that a "blood-like substance" may or may not be blood?

But also, the prosecutor making the comment that there is a basis for why they would swap a substance beyond color which is why they don't run around swabbing ketchup was great.

ETA: Apparently not back until 2 now per Gardenista, I guess I can go use the potty now.

Because you backed in or tried to put it in park quickly then got the hell out of dodge.
Yes, and I suspect if certain vehicles are left in reverse (I.e. not placed in park) one might not be able to remove the key? (Perhaps that is another reason the battery was drained, maybe it was left on or not entirely shut off?) MOO

Last edited:

When the footage showed cops going through Jennifer Dulos’ things — including a notepad with handwritten missives from her late daughter — the mask-clad Farber leaned forward and clutched her cane with a white-knuckle grip.

“Gloria knows today is the first day of a very long process,” Luft said afterward.

Because you backed in or tried to put it in park quickly then got the hell out of dodge.
It is curious, as is the dead battery. Were the lights or radio left on initially or something? Was the battery dead from just the door being left ajar and the interior lights on. I guess it doesn’t t really matter. But speaks to an addled/ bumbling /not thinking straight mind. Makes me think that maybe ole KM may have been in the vicinity as early rumored.
I thought I remembered that the initial reports were that the car was left “running”.
I guess not.
Imo

Yes, and I suspect if certain vehicles are left in reverse (I.e. not placed in park) one might not be able to remove the key? (Perhaps that is another the reason the battery was drained, maybe it was left on or not entirely shut off?) MOO
I believe I recall that the Suburban was not turned off. Was this intentional, or just the result of FD’s mania?

Yes, and I suspect if certain vehicles are left in reverse (I.e. not placed in park) one might not be able to remove the key? (Perhaps that is another the reason the battery was drained, maybe it was left on or not entirely shut off?) MOO
Oh-except the key was not with the vehicle, was it? Probably wasn’t inserted in the slot, so it was easy to take with him. I wonder where that key fob ended up?

When the footage showed cops going through Jennifer Dulos’ things — including a notepad with handwritten missives from her late daughter — the mask-clad Farber leaned forward and clutched her cane with a white-knuckle grip.

“Gloria knows today is the first day of a very long process,” Luft said afterward.
How heartbreaking.

You know, I’ve been driving for 50 years, and suddenly wondered if you can have the car in reverse, and put the emergency brake on to keep it in one place! Did he just forget to put the Suburban in “park”?
You can definitely turn a car OFF in reverse, but you can't start it in gear. I also wonder how the battery died so quickly though.

NEW: We spoke with Jon Schoenhorn about the hold up in today's testimony and why he doesn't want presumptive blood testing admitted.

"There's a chemical spray that police use in investigations. I can say it's sort of like fairy dust, right? They spray aerosol & if it glows, one of the things it might show is blood. But things like bleach, rust, paint, turpentine, there's prob 50 or 100 things that also glow"

"A detective who's only there to take samples from a garage or from a car doesn't need to talk about a chemical that is basically junk science as the reason for it any more than if he said he used a ouja board to choose where he was going to choose samples. It's not relevant."

Schoenhorn also said it's confusing to the jury to put in something that has no value

If you've watched the trial so far, we haven't heard the name Michelle Troconis. When asked when we will, Schoenhorn said, "I think it's going to be quite a while and that's all I'm going to say right now."

Last edited:
NEW: We spoke with Jon Schoenhorn about the hold up in today's testimony and why he doesn't want presumptive blood testing admitted.

"There's a chemical spray that police use in investigations. I can say it's sort of like fairy dust, right? They spray aerosol & if it glows, one of the things it might show is blood. But things like bleach, rust, paint, turpentine, there's prob 50 or 100 things that also glow"

"A detective who's only there to take samples from a garage or from a car doesn't need to talk about a chemical that is basically junk science as the reason for it any more than if he said he used a ouja board to choose where he was going to choose samples. It's not relevant."

Schoenhorn also said it's confusing to the jury to put in something that has no value

If you've watched the trial so far, we haven't heard the name Michelle Troconis. When asked when we will, Schoenhorn said, "I think it's going to be quite a while and that's all I'm going to say right now."

First it was thirty things that can glow, now it's "50 or 100?" Well, which is it Jon?

Also, it's ouija.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member