Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will KM testify?
I don’t understand all the legal issues with his testifying as he himself is charged and hasn’t yet been tried.

If he is going to get up on stand and take 5th to protect himself I’m not sure there is much value in that other than possibly if they have it all on video. That could be interesting to see and quite dramatic….not sure if state would do it though….

Above my paygrade as there are a myriad of legal issues that are quite complex imo. The state also could be negotiating an agreement to testify but honestly I see that as complex task as well.

Moo

If someone can explain the TP argument on luminal and presumptive testing please post.

I’m confused as initially I wasn’t sure that TP understood presumptive testing and now it seems like he does yet is still objecting.

What is baffling is that he asks extensive questions about items seized that were sprayed with luminal and yet then says this has no evidentiary value. What is so frustrating is that his commentary is designed to confuse the jury as he is only telling part of the story as it relates to role of confirmatory testing etc. That junk science quip should have been stricken too as it’s wrong on so many levels.

Is the issue he has one of perception of the luminoled evidence in that not all evidence seized received additional testing but could have tested positive in presumptive testing?

I will never forget that one of the very early rumours floating around was that the Welles garage was luminoled and “lit up like a Christmas tree”!

I just don’t see arguing that luminol treated evidence has no value which is what TP is doing and Judge is not stopping this particular nonsense. I know he is trying this case for immediate appeal but this particular argument to me on the surface seems like a nothing burger.

I’m confused…..
Moo
Let me try.

The Moody case.

I think this is the gist:

In the case cited, a stain was tested. Was positive but was not tested further.

And that is why it had no probative value. Could've been blood. Could've been rust. Could've been horseradish on a leaf.

The judge has ruled consistently that Moody doesn't apply. The presumptive tests here informed LE as to their next steps. They couldn't get from observed stain to ultimately negative for blood without presumptive testing.

He allows testimony. And he leaves the Defense their due to cross exam at will.

JMO

IDK what the insurance coverage is if your car is seized by LE and never returned? Curious if this is a covered event? If anyone knows pls post.

What bothers me on the PG vehicle is he was an innocent and victim in this case and he lost the vehicle he needed to do his job (regardless of who he worked for). That vehicle was part of his livelihood and he lost it. How many people would have enough money to go out tomorrow and get a new vehicle or could afford to rent a vehicle to get to work? My guess is not all and certainly not a min wage worker.

PG was SOL without his truck courtesy of FD and MT games and murder. Further he had to get an attorney to protect him from being accused in this case because FD and MT set him up. The avg in the area for atty is $500-600/hr. How would PG afford this?? Whole thing simply makes me angry.

MOO
Now THAT's someone whose fundraising effort would not be a travesty. MOO, he had no knowledge of a thing.

In effect, FD stole PG's truck to use during the commission of a crime, so I am thinking it should be covered as a stolen vehicle. But I do not know for sure. This is admittedly a rare set of circumstances.
Good point.
Can you imagine calling your insurance company:
Pg: Hi, I need to go to work tomorrow but the police took my truck.
Insurance Co: sir, what were the circumstances under which you vehicle was seized?
PG: My boss and his girlfriend worked together to murder my bosses wife and my boss shaved his head and took my hoodie so that on camera it looks like me driving the truck. Police are trying to figure it all out now.
Insurance CO. Sir, so sorry this happened to you but this case sounds very complicated so I need to transfer this call to our Legal Depr.
PG but I need to get to work or I don’t get paid can you at least get me a rental?
Insurance co: I’m sorry sir but I can’t answer that question.
PG: when will i get an answer?
Insurance company: I do not know sir but it could take awhile. Thank you for being a loyal customer of xxxxxx.
Hangs up on PG.

Moo

Let me try.

The Moody case.

And that is why it had no probative value. Could've been blood. Could've been rust. Could've been horseradish on a leaf.

The judge has ruled consistently that Moody doesn't apply. The presumptive tests here informed LE as to their next steps. They couldn't get from observed stain to ultimately negative for blood without presumptive testing.

JMO
Yes, that is what I understand but TP
is still registering objections for appeal. Is the appeal argument the ruling from bench that Moody doesn’t apply?

This is just all confusing to the jury and quite disruptive to the flow of trial imo.

Moo

I don’t understand all the legal issues with his testifying as he himself is charged and hasn’t yet been tried.

If he is going to get up on stand and take 5th to protect himself I’m not sure there is much value in that other than possibly if they have it all on video. That could be interesting to see and quite dramatic….not sure if state would do it though….

Above my paygrade as there are a myriad of legal issues that are quite complex imo. The state also could be negotiating an agreement to testify but honestly I see that as complex task as well.

Moo
If there is ONE thing I've learned watching MT's attorney, it's that NP isn't the most obnoxious attorney in CT.

NP, when he spoke with the judge, as far as I can remember, managed to sound and look respectful of the person and the position overseeing the trial.

PT AKA JS is rude to the judge and the prosecution. In comparison to NP, PT is disorganized, inarticulate, and much less knowledgeable of the law.

All this is IMO, and it's MO that PT should be sanctioned for his antics by the CT bar.

Whew....Needed to say something....PT is turning this trial into a circus. It's so pathetic, IMO, as the death of woman is being discussed and his client's part in that death. This trial, any trial, deserves to preserve the dignity of the victim of the crime. Can you imagine a rape trial in which the defense attorney spends energy and time into defaming the victim...using rumor and suggestion that the victim was somehow responsible for the lies and actions of the client?

Let me try.

The Moody case.

JMO
I’m replying again because I cannot think of one case in recent times where I’ve seen luminol disallowed as presumptive test. Some tech folks could quibble I’m sure on which presumptive test is best used for a given situation but without presumptive testing then it would be virtually impossible to efficiently begin finding and testing evidence. Presumptive testing is a key component of forensic work which is why the junk science quip is in my opinion so confusing to the jury.

On the issue of Judge saying Moody case doesn’t apply and this is the TP issue then why not just argue the existing ruled items and move on? Or to preserve the appeal he needs to object to every piece of luminoled evidence? If so, get ready for retirement as this will slow to a snails pace.

Moo

State's witness Kevin (?) Parisi, Connecticut State Forensic Laboratory

Witness explains what a latent print is. And a patent print.

Describes how a print is transferred.

Cannot determine how long a print has been on a surface.

Describes his process for developing a print.

Then comparing to a known impression.

Identification, exclusion, inconclusive and then verified.

Explains comparing a print to the known database.

Now on to this specific case!

Witness is asked about two doorknobs previously super glued by the submitting agency

Applied fingerprint dusting to develop it further. Sufficient for comparison. Partial fingerprint. No match to the exemplars, no hits in the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16