Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@otto, I don't think Canaan has any tie to this case and was a naming error by the reporter this afternoon. Where did you see a reference to Canaan? My understanding is that blood was found at JD rental property in New Canaan, CT. JD rental property is close to the New Canaan Country School where the D childen go every day. Everything else looks right based on MSM reports.

Yes you nailed it. I'm clearly confused and trying to make sense of what we have seen so far this week: searches with dogs, drones, police crews, pond drained, houses searched (JD and mother), SUV found and no doubt processed forensically in New Canaan and Pound Ridge, NY, Hartford 2 locations searched today, unknown whether anything in Farmington has been searched but police were at Permanent House today. There are aspects to all this that are typical missing person behavior but the rest of the searches aren't typical missing in my experience. NCPD did say that they are proceeding with a missing persons investigation as well as a homicide investigation (will go back and look for their exact wording as it was not typical either). Long story short it appears LE has alot going on and we have local, State and some Federal involvement with the case. Do you think we are just lacking too much info to figure out what is going on at this point?

I think there is enough information to have a picture of what happened to Jennifer. She is in the middle of an acrimonious divorce and there are children. Her family loaned millions of dollars to her husband. He defaulted on the loan and he has a girlfriend.

It is likely that she was kidnapped sometime after dropping the children at school and earlier than 11AM. It's likely that this was more than a kidnapping as there is no indication of life.

@otto, I don't think Canaan has any tie to this case and was a naming error by the reporter this afternoon. Where did you see a reference to Canaan? My understanding is that blood was found at JD rental property in New Canaan, CT. JD rental property is close to the New Canaan Country School where the D childen go every day. Everything else looks right based on MSM reports.

Comment #396 includes information about place and significance.

upload_2019-5-31_23-50-43.png

If I had to guess, the car was left far away to mislead police, a weapon was maybe left in Hartford, but my guess is that the body might be close to home. This happened in the middle of the day between school drop-off and another appointment. As mentioned upthread, goal is to get rid of the body as fast as possible.

Where was she when her cell phone stopped working? What time was it?

upload_2019-6-1_0-4-59.png

upload_2019-6-1_0-5-16.png

Have any ponds been drained?

View attachment 187287
Yes, the pond at Waveny Park was drained on Friday. This is a shallow pond that can't be more than 4 ft deep.

This website gives a good view that is a bit clearer than google maps for the park IMO. Waveny Park in New Canaan, CT (Google Maps)

Here is a map of the trails in Waveny Park...its also a good simple graphic of the main streets/roads surrounding the park. http://www.newcanaan.info/filestorage/9494/9226/1128/8874/Waveny_Park_New_Trail_Map.pdf

Last edited:
Where was she when her cell phone stopped working? What time was it?

@otto, we don't have any info on the phone other than the MSM reference to fact that police saw no activity. I'm not 100% certain but I think the SUV was found around 7 pm. Does anyone know about confirmation of this point? Will go through the articles again tomorrow and report back.

@otto, why are you lost? Your map looks fine for getting from Hartford to New Canaan. I think 84 is closer to Farmington though (Hartford folks chime in here) and sometimes the traffic around Hartford can be a mess depending on time of day so it might be easier to hop onto 84 and then shift over to another highway a bit further south.

You picked a typical route using the Merritt Pkwy. to get from Hartford to New Canaan. Alternative is 84 (longer overall I believe but closer entry to Farmington I think but a bit further away from New Canaan vs Merritt option when you head south) and then use 7 or backroads such as 57/123 to get to New Canaan via Ridgefield or Wilton. Can also do 95 and connect to the Merritt in Norwalk or Milford. There really is no easy staight shot to Hartford from Fairfield County. Many take 95/91 option and feel its the fastest route but on any given day things can change drastically with traffic/accidents etc. A good portion of Merritt in Fairfield County is undergoing construction and delays have been ongoing and at times backups last for miles. Morning commuting on the Merritt is very slow with the afternoon rush hour now starting around 2:30-3pm heading northbound. I95 is also undergoing construction in Norwalk which has resulted in horrific delays as well. 95 and Merritt are main routes into NYC. 84 also has its share of construction with at times brutal delays focused around Waterbury and Hartford. Traffic in the NE is a fact of life but its recently become even tougher due to construction, the infrastructure simply isn't up to the traffic volume. Many prefer the Merritt because no trucks are permitted. Trucks mainly stay on 95 and 84 which in bad weather results in some rough driving for cars. Hope this helps and JMO as people can debate these routes endlessly! Fairfield County is really more focused in a southerly direction on NYC vs. northerly on Hartford IMO. I'd be curious to know how many people from New Canaan/Fairfield County travel to Hartford and my bet is that most have never even been to Hartford. The regions are quite different and Fairfield County has more in common with its neighbors in Westchester County in NY given that most in both regions work in NYC vs. Hartford which is focused on govt and insurance mainly and some industry.
I lived in Fairfield County for 35 yrs and only went to Hartford once, for a Bob Dylan concert in 2002! (Since I only liked Dylan before he went electric, even that wasn’t worth going to Hartford for! LOL)

Many other times, I drove around Hartford (via freeway) to get to Boston or just a couple times to get to Bradley Airport (just north of Hartford).

Other than that, it’s kinda sad I never ever went into the city of Hartford, especially since it’s the capital of Connecticut.

The beautiful capital building with its gold dome can be seen from the freeway as you pass by Hartford going North to Massachusetts.

Was reading through the documents posted by Missing New Canaan woman Jennifer Dulos was ‘afraid’ of her husband, court records show. If you look at Slide 4 of 16 the document states that STBX is a citizen of Turkey and the United States. The paragraph also states that STBX has held a passport from Greece in the past. This is interesting because other court documents referenced the fact that both parties to the divorce/custody case had to surrender their United States passports. There was no reference in those documents to STBX having to surrender any other passports. So, unless the courts have these other passports from Turkey and possibly Greece that STBX could easily violate the terms of the agreement to not leave the US and flee. The mistress is listed in court documents as being a citizen of Venezuela with ties to Argentina (where her daughter was residing at the time of the document was filed). According to MSM reports the mistress and her daughter reside with STBX in Farmington, CT. Just wanted to put this information into the thread as the documents differ from what had been previously reported by MSM. I wonder why the Court didn't ask that any/all passports of either party be surrendered?

As in a rental, maybe, while his own car was being thoroughly cleaned?

MOO

I wonder if his car was siezed by LE and is being processed? We haven't heard much from any investigation in Farmington so far as I know. Does anyone know how MD identifies rental cars on the license plates? Where did the rental car idea come up tonight? I wonder if STBX or mistress own property in MD and so he has a car registered in the State?

Have any ponds been drained?

View attachment 187287

Yes, the pond at Waveny Park was drained on Friday. This is a shallow pond that can't be more than 4 ft deep.

This website gives a good view that is a bit clearer than google maps for the park IMO. Waveny Park in New Canaan, CT (Google Maps)

Here is a map of the trails in Waveny Park...its also a good simple graphic of the main streets/roads surrounding the park. http://www.newcanaan.info/filestorage/9494/9226/1128/8874/Waveny_Park_New_Trail_Map.pdf

@otto and @afitzy

Any possibility the placement of her vehicle was chosen to deter searches farther north? There are many ponds etc. in and around the Farmington area. I think I read about a water-skiing show/event somewhere in Farmington (Batterson Park??) last summer but I could be wrong.

Canaan, CT is NOT where Jennifer and her children lived.

Canaan is an entirely different city on the Connecticut- Massachusetts state line and is an hour & 40 min directly north of NEW CANAAN, which is closer to the Long Island Sound and to NY.

Wavenly Park and Jennifer’s home are both in NEW Canaan.

@Trinitee Very interesting idea. I wish we had greater visibility on what if anything has been done in Farmington other than what happened earlier this evening with the interview of STBX and mistress. The NCPD has taken alot of flack on SM about allegedly not working on the case over Memorial Day. I'm not certain the statements on social media are true but they are interesting and should be checked out. But the focus of alot of LE resources was on Waveny this week and there must have been a reason why this happened IMO. Farmington hasn't been mentioned as being searched by MSM so far as I know although others on social media echoed your thoughts and said why was there no police activity in Farmington. I don't think we know why so much activity was in New Canaan vs Farmington. New Canaan has other largeish bodies of water not far from the JD rental home. There are 2 large reservoirs in the area (one on border with NY) and the other between New Canaan and Wilton. There was another famous case back in the 70s I think where the person was found deceased on the Wilton reservoir property. These reservoirs are fenced in and people are not allowed inside the fenced areas. But there are also some ponds in New Canaan near JD house.

Last edited:

Canaan, CT is NOT where Jennifer and her children lived.

Canaan is an entirely different city on the Connecticut- Massachusetts state line and is an hour & 40 min directly north of NEW CANAAN, which is closer to the Long Island Sound and to NY.

Wavenly Park and Jennifer’s home are both in NEW Canaan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3