Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was probably the only way that they could get the police to actively look for her, as she is an adult, and likely the police couldn't do much at that point. Just a guess.
Regardless of the reason, I’m sure her family is glad that they did it.

It got people’s attention, and made them aware of the situation.

so why the silver alert ... is it because she supposedly has anxiety

Ive read several articles but cant find the answer
LE didn't explain the precise reason for the Silver Alert. But with a missing adult there are few systems in place to blast out information about the person so the Silver Alert is sometimes used in CT. We know in missing cases how ever minute and hour in the first 2 days is critical and the Silver Alert puts the information out quickly. I guess we will have to wait for LE to provide an explanation in the future. But the concern at the time was real as JD was nowhere to be found and 5 children were waiting for their mother. Where would the 5 children be now if not for the quick thinking of the nanny who took them to their grandmother and the good friends that reported her missing? Its surprising to see locals complaining on SM about the use of the Silver Alert in this case. MOO but I wish other states took a more broad view of the Silver Alert issue as in missing adults in young adults it is so so hard to get action from LE and get the word out about the missing individual. So often it is left to the family to do the early looking before LE steps in (if they ever do step in).

Yes, why the silver alert?

I think I read depression somewhere?

It would be interesting to know if the reason JD qualified for the Silver Alert is because FD made those claims in court filings that she's on anti-psychotic and anti-anxiety medication that "renders her incapable of parenting."

JMO.

Last edited:
You can always hope for the best possible outcome.

Hope is a feeling, though.

Feelings aren't facts.

Fact: There was blood found in the home.
LE has said this is a criminal investigation.

Sadly, JD isn't hiding.
She didn't disappear herself.

She was hidden by whoever harmed her.

JMO.
Exactly. And I have a young child. No devoted mother would go into hiding without the kids. IMO

My concern is that the existing arrangement was in place because the mother had primary physical cusody. If the mother is not around to take on the care of the children and the father was on supervised custody, I'm not sure what options are available to the court as we have seen grandparents in other cases that were ready willing and able to care for children to be turned down by the court and the children returned to a parent that was unfit or put into foster care. My suspicion is the the grandmother will legally fight a good fight to protect the children but I'm trying to better understand the states options regarding the children if the father puts up a fight which based on what we know seems inevitable given his propensity to win at all costs. It seems unrealistic to expect the state to allow the children to simply remain with the grandmother in NYC for a prolonged period of time.
The grandmother has the children with her in NYC. I don't see the CT Judge-- who has already determined the father needs supervised visitation--to change his opinion. The judge is required to act in the children's best interest and has already done so. The priority is to find JD.

JMO

Interesting body language in particular.

Crossed arms, a common pacifying gesture.

Typically, a sign of nervousness. Regardless though, nervousness is understandable.

The other thing crossed arms conveys is closed vs. open communication.
It signals, "I don't want to talk about this."

Very defensive posturing. As you said, understandable that he would be feeling defensive.

Considering he's being taken in for questioning by LE r/t JD's disappearance.

*Edited for syntax

JMO.

The other thing crossed arms denotes is closed vs. open communication.

Very defensive posturing. As you said, understandable that he would be feeling defensive.

JMO.
Yup. He’s acutely aware of the stakes here, and he knows that all eyes are on him.

This case is front page news.

The other thing crossed arms conveys is closed vs. open communication.

*Edited for syntax

JMO.

Isn't there also something about what direction someone looks when answering a question - related to memory or imagination? Body language is an interesting topic, and some things are obvious. Crossed arms means we have nothing to say to each other.

@otto, why are you lost? Your map looks fine for getting from Hartford to New Canaan. I think 84 is closer to Farmington though (Hartford folks chime in here) and sometimes the traffic around Hartford can be a mess depending on time of day so it might be easier to hop onto 84 and then shift over to another highway a bit further south.

You picked a typical route using the Merritt Pkwy. to get from Hartford to New Canaan. Alternative is 84 (longer overall I believe but closer entry to Farmington I think but a bit further away from New Canaan vs Merritt option when you head south) and then use 7 or backroads such as 57/123 to get to New Canaan via Ridgefield or Wilton. Can also do 95 and connect to the Merritt in Norwalk or Milford. There really is no easy staight shot to Hartford from Fairfield County. Many take 95/91 option and feel its the fastest route but on any given day things can change drastically with traffic/accidents etc. A good portion of Merritt in Fairfield County is undergoing construction and delays have been ongoing and at times backups last for miles. Morning commuting on the Merritt is very slow with the afternoon rush hour now starting around 2:30-3pm heading northbound. I95 is also undergoing construction in Norwalk which has resulted in horrific delays as well. 95 and Merritt are main routes into NYC. 84 also has its share of construction with at times brutal delays focused around Waterbury and Hartford. Traffic in the NE is a fact of life but its recently become even tougher due to construction, the infrastructure simply isn't up to the traffic volume. Many prefer the Merritt because no trucks are permitted. Trucks mainly stay on 95 and 84 which in bad weather results in some rough driving for cars. Hope this helps and JMO as people can debate these routes endlessly! Fairfield County is really more focused in a southerly direction on NYC vs. northerly on Hartford IMO. I'd be curious to know how many people from New Canaan/Fairfield County travel to Hartford and my bet is that most have never even been to Hartford. The regions are quite different and Fairfield County has more in common with its neighbors in Westchester County in NY given that most in both regions work in NYC vs. Hartford which is focused on govt and insurance mainly and some industry.

Last edited:
The grandmother has the children with her in NYC. I don't see the CT Judge-- who has already determined the father needs supervised visitation--to change his opinion. The judge is required to act in the children's best interest and has already done so. The priority is to find JD.

JMO
And she can appeal in a New York court if the judge did award him custody. JMO

Isn't there also something about what direction someone looks when answering a question - related to memory or imagination? Body language is an interesting topic, and some things are obvious. Crossed arms means we have nothing to say to each other.

Yes. Body language is very revealing.
We can say a lot without even uttering a word.
Non-verbal cues are a huge part of communication.

Just ask poker players.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members