Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! This too:

NEW CANAAN — The estranged husband of Jennifer Dulos, a mother of five who has been missing for more than a week, was detained and questioned by police Friday night.

Sounds like he didn’t have a choice.
Wow is right!!

Question: Can an individual be "detained" by LE if they aren't officially a POI or a suspect??

Why are you lost? Your map looks fine. You picked a typical route using the Merritt Pkwy. to get from Hartford to New Canaan. Alternative is 84 (longer over I believe but closer to Farmington I think but a bit further away from New Canaan vs Merritt option) and then use 7 or backroads such as 123 to get to New Canaan via Ridgefield or Wilton. Can also do 95 and connect to the Merritt in Norwalk or Milford. There really is no easy staight shot to Hartford from Fairfield County. Many take 95/91 option and feel its the fastest route but on any given day things can change drastically with traffic/accidents etc. A good portion of Merritt in Fairfield County is undergoing construction and delays have been ongoing and at times backups last for miles. Morning commuting on the Merritt is very slow with the afternoon rush hour now starting around 2:30-3pm heading northbound. I95 is also undergoing construction in Norwalk which has resulted in horrific delays as well. 95 and Merritt are main routes into NYC. 84 also has its share of construction with at times brutal delays focused around Waterbury and Hartford. Traffic in the NE is a fact of life but its recently become even tougher due to construction, the infrastructure simply isn't up to the traffic volume. Many prefer the Merritt because no trucks are permitted. Trucks mainly stay on 95 and 84 which in bad weather results in some rough driving for cars. Hope this helps.

What is the significance of each of the places?

upload_2019-5-31_22-44-5.png

upload_2019-5-31_22-44-25.png

Did anybody else see the Maryland plate on the Black SUV STBX was driving to leave the property with police on the video? Wonder what the Maryland connection is here? I'm not 100% certain it was Maryland so please correct me if I'm wrong here.

It looks to be a Maryland plate to me. The characters also match the current Maryland serial format. MOO

I hope they find her soon. Her poor kids, I can’t even imagine what they are going through. I grew up in NY & have ties to New Canaan, so this one hits a bit close to home. The optimist in me was hoping with all the money the family has that she decided to pull some type of Gone Girl disappearing act, but I know that’s not realistic. Sadly I don’t think she’s with us any longer.

I hope they find her soon. Her poor kids, I can’t even imagine what they are going through. I grew up in NY & have ties to New Canaan, so this one hits a bit close to home. The optimist in me was hoping with all the money the family has that she decided to pull some type of Gone Girl disappearing act, but I know that’s not realistic. Sadly I don’t think she’s with us any longer.

I agree. The absence of cell and bank activity suggests that she is no longer alive. Given the acrimonious custody and divorce litigation, she was clearly a fighter and not one to give up. There is nothing that points to life, suicide, or murder. It seems that she is involuntarily missing and off grid.

What is the significance of each of the places?

View attachment 187263

View attachment 187264
The locations where we have had searches: New Canaan, CT (Dulos rental house, Waveny Park, Irwin Park), Hartford, CT (2 downtown locations today) and Pound Ridge, NY (house of JD mother). Its unclear if Farmington locations (if any) were searched. It was also unclear to me whether STBX and mistress were in the house where they were interviewed by the police or if they were in another location in the area and drove to the house to be interviewed. I'm curious how many properties he has in Farmington and whether the mistress has her own house or lives with him or whether she has family in the area. Lots of unanswered location questions that I hope the press pursue. Also, why was he driving a car with a Maryland plate? We have seen no commentary about any connection to Maryland.

The location on your map which I don't understand is Canaan. Today the reporter in Hartford seemed confused in his live commentary when he kept calling New Canaan simply Canaan. But the reporter seemed to correct himself in the end and stopped calling New Canaan by the name Canaan. I wrote this off to a simple error as he was processing so much information on the scene and it was clear the people in the studio were talking in his ear so he had a rough time I thought. Canaan so far as I know has no tie in to the case. Correct me if I'm wrong here please!

Where are the homes? There's the house for sale that belongs to the estate and the house she rented. There's also the place where her car was found. Do any of the locations on the map correspond?

The locations where we have had searches: New Canaan, CT (Dulos rental house, Waveny Park, Irwin Park), Hartford, CT (2 downtown locations today) and Pound Ridge, NY (house of JD mother). Its unclear if Farmington locations (if any) were searched. It was also unclear to me whether STBX and mistress were in the house where they were interviewed by the police or if they were in another location in the area and drove to the house to be interviewed. I'm curious how many properties he has in Farmington and whether the mistress has her own house or lives with him or whether she has family in the area. Lots of unanswered location questions that I hope the press pursue. Also, why was he driving a car with a Maryland plate? We have seen no commentary about any connection to Maryland.

The location on your map which I don't understand is Canaan. Today the reporter in Hartford seemed confused in his live commentary when he kept calling New Canaan simply Canaan. But the reporter seemed to correct himself in the end and stopped calling New Canaan by the name Canaan. I wrote this off to a simple error as he was processing so much information on the scene and it was clear the people in the studio were talking in his ear so he had a rough time I thought. Canaan so far as I know has no tie in to the case. Correct me if I'm wrong here please!

I agree. The absence of cell and bank activity suggests that she is no longer alive. Given the acrimonious custody and divorce litigation, she was clearly a fighter and not one to give up. There is nothing that points to life, suicide, or murder. It seems that she is involuntarily missing and off grid.
Interesting idea. I tossed out the kidnapping gone wrong idea as a way to threaten her and her family earlier as so much of the early days in this case seems more like a kidnapping than a missing case. This was clearly more a feeling on my part than anything based in reported fact so clearly MOO. This didn't seem like a typical missing case from the beginning and the way the police have acted I guess is what makes me feel the way I do about the situation. There are aspects of a missing case with the flyers and alerts but the lack of information and press conference seems more akin to kidnapping or even homicide type procedures (negotiations ongoing or waiting for forensic evidence to be returned etc.). IDK. This could be debated endlessly and probably should be as I've been trying to process all that we have seen this past week into a cohesive narrative and haven't gotten there yet. There must be substantial video taken so maybe that is what is slowing this all down as that process is time consuming as is forensic analysis of evidence. Curious what others thing is happening behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Farmington = where Jennifer and FD lived as a married couple. Where FD still lives.

New Canaan = where Jennifer and kids rented a home. This is where the blood was found.

Waveny Park = in New Canaan and where Jennifer's car was found.

Hartford = where police were investigating in sewer and in neighborhood today, 5/31

Pound Ridge, NY = Jennifer's family owns a home there. About 8 miles from Jennifer's New Canaan home. There has been police activity there.

NYC = where Jennifer's mother lives. (Jennifer's father is deceased)

(If I made any mistakes, please correct!)
@otto

Interesting idea. I tossed out the kidnapping gone wrong idea as a way to threaten her and her family earlier as so much of the early days in this case seems more like a kidnapping than a missing case. This was clearly more a feeling on my part than anything based in reported fact so clearly MOO. This didn't seem like a typical missing case from the beginning and the way the police have acted I guess is what makes me feel the way I do about the situation. There are aspects of a missing case with the flyers and alerts but the lack of information and press conference seems more akin to kidnapping or even homicide type procedures (negotiations ongoing or waiting for forensic evidence to be returned etc.). IDK. This could be debated endlessly and probably should be as I've been trying to process all that we have seen this past week into a cohesive narrative and haven't gotten there yet. There must be substantial video taken so maybe that is what is slowing this all down as that process is time consuming as is forensic analysis of evidence. Curious what others thing is happening behind the scenes.

What I hear you saying is:
  • kidnapping gone wrong
  • case seems more like a kidnapping
  • didn't seem like a typical missing case
  • lack of information and press conference seems more akin to kidnapping or even homicide

Rental Home :
Permanent Home (financed by her parents) :
Car location :
Business :
School :
Permanent Home - Farmington, CT - JD former residence with children and STBX - STBX + mistress now live in this location according to the press reports.
Car Location: NCPD found the 2017 Suburban on Lapham Road near Waveny Park. The back portion of Waveny Park has Lapham Road as its border. Lapham Road has two entrances to Waveny Park (1 is for Waveny Pool and the other has a stone fence). The front part of the park and main entrance is on South Avenue. The Merritt Parkway has an exit/entrance about 1/2 mile from South Avenue entrance. The Merritt Parkway runs along another border of the park (think its the westside of the park). The park itself is nearly 300 acres I believe. The New Canaan HS is on the far side of the park beyond where the Lapham Center (senior and community center) is located.
Business: Corporate headquarters according to press reports is what you are calling Permanent Home in Farmington. But STBX has built houses in New Canaan as well as Farmington.
School: Children attend New Canaan Country School which is close to the JD Rental property in New Canaan. You might also see references to the two prior schools the children attended in Farmington (a private school and a local Montessori school).
JD Residence at the time she went missing: New Canaan, CT

What I hear you saying is:
  • kidnapping gone wrong
  • case seems more like a kidnapping
  • didn't seem like a typical missing case
  • lack of information and press conference seems more akin to kidnapping or even homicide
Yes you nailed it. I'm clearly confused and trying to make sense of what we have seen so far this week: searches with dogs, drones, police crews, pond drained, houses searched (JD and mother), SUV found and no doubt processed forensically in New Canaan and Pound Ridge, NY, Hartford 2 locations searched today, unknown whether anything in Farmington has been searched but police were at Permanent House today. There are aspects to all this that are typical missing person behavior but the rest of the searches aren't typical missing in my experience. NCPD did say that they are proceeding with a missing persons investigation as well as a homicide investigation (will go back and look for their exact wording as it was not typical either). Long story short it appears LE has alot going on and we have local, State and some Federal involvement with the case. Do you think we are just lacking too much info to figure out what is going on at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HNDere