Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeepers, “messy” is right.

Under the circumstances, I can’t imagine that he’s going to be gaining custody anytime soon.

The timing of all of this has a lot of precedent unfortunately. People think they can kill their way to custody.

Sadly, it works sometimes.

What’s even sadder is that I feel like in a lot of situations, it isn’t even about custody of the kids. It’s about belittling the ex, trying to control a situation, and/or money.

What’s even sadder is that I feel like in a lot of situations, it isn’t even about custody of the kids. It’s about belittling the ex, trying to control a situation, and/or money.
Yup, look at Darren Mack, who was also in a contentious divorce battle.

It was about power, control, and money to him.

He ultimately stabbed his estranged wife to death, and shot the judge presiding over his divorce with a sniper rifle.

Darren Mack Gets Maximum Sentence for Killing Wife, Shooting Judge

Yes, the ex is of Greek descent and allegedly holds a Greek passport. According to court documents and MSM reports he has Greek citizenship and had applied to get all the children Greek passports fairly recently. Also according to court documents he had threatened to take the children to Greece and said, "...that they would never be found'. This provides some context for the recent information that the children are now in NYC apt of JD mother and under armed guard.
Wow, Is he from Greece? Does he have US citizenship?

Yikes. So many disturbing things in that article you posted (Divorce documents: Jennifer Dulos feared her estranged husband), but this bothered me the most:

"Further, she [the judge] wrote, “'the defendant [FD] does not seem to appreciate in any respect the consequences of lying under oath and willfully violating a court order. His facility in testifying falsely to the court suggests that he is equally comfortable in encouraging the children to lie to achieve his desired outcome.'”

He is comfortable lying under oath and that tells me he has no boundaries between right and wrong. He will do whatever he wants because he wants to - neither the law nor morality matter to him. No respect for the law. Add that attitude with money and connections through his work to people willing to be bought....and you have a very dangerous person. IMO

(He might want to ask his live-in girlfriend if she wants him with five young kids. That might not be what she signed up for when he moved her in. Weird situation that is!)

JMO

Yup, look at Darren Mack, who was also in a contentious divorce battle.

It was about power, control, and money to him.

He ultimately stabbed his estranged wife to death, and shot the judge presiding over his divorce with a sniper rifle.

Darren Mack Gets Maximum Sentence for Killing Wife, Shooting Judge

Wowza never heard of this case. Why’d you have to give me something to look into at 10:30 on a weeknight???? (Just kidding) but isn’t it crazy the lengths some people will go to when it comes to divorce? And they dress it up like they are doing it bc of custody. Um, well now the kids mom is gone, and dads in jail, soooo tell me again how you were only thinking about the kids?

Shooting a judge takes the cake though for sure.

Wowza never heard of this case. Why’d you have to give me something to look into at 10:30 on a weeknight???? (Just kidding) but isn’t it crazy the lengths some people will go to when it comes to divorce? And they dress it up like they are doing it of custody. Um, well now the kids mom is gone, and dads in jail, soooo tell me again how you were only thinking about the kids?

Shooting a judge takes the cake though for sure.
Ha! Yeah, it’s been covered in numerous documentary shows, as it’s a wild one.

I see a lot of similarities between these two cases, atleast in regards to the court battles.

It’s about getting the upper hand, no matter the collateral damage (the children).

You just never know how far some of these guys are willing to go.

Ha! Yeah, it’s been covered in numerous documentary shows, as it’s a wild one.

I see a lot of similarities between these two cases, atleast in regards to the court battles.

It’s about getting the upper hand, no matter the collateral damage (the children).

You just never know how far some of these guys are willing to go.
Its interesting though that when you look through the case files I wonder if JD were getting the upper hand on the legal front and that is why the hearing scheduled for Wed was so important that JD went missing in advance of it?

Its interesting though that when you look through the case files I wonder if JD were getting the upper hand on the legal front and that is why the hearing scheduled for Wed was so important that JD went missing in advance of it?
I think that’s definitely possible.

It’s uncanny how often these things happen just before a major court hearing.

We don’t know for sure that a crime has been committed, but I don’t think it’s a leap to believe that she was in fact murdered.

The motive appears to be pretty clear.

I just spent a few minutes looking at GPS options in the various Suburban trim packages. Even the least expensive trim level (LS 4x2) has GM OnStar as standard so far as I can tell. As we have seen in other cases OnStar has to be activated by the owner but I believe even if not activated by the owner that OnStar does transmit some information (my recollection is that there was some litigation on this issue and some people elect to completely disable OnStar for privacy reasons). I wish some of our GPS experts were on this thread such as @otto. But I will try to go back and figure out what has been said in the past about OnStar and how easily LE can access any stored data that might shed some light into the details of JD activities on the day she went missing. Will also try to figure out which version of the Suburban JD was driving.

I just spent a few minutes looking at GPS options in the various Suburban trim packages. Even the least expensive trim level (LS 4x2) has GM OnStar as standard so far as I can tell. As we have seen in other cases OnStar has to be activated by the owner but I believe even if not activated by the owner that OnStar does transmit some information (my recollection is that there was some litigation on this issue and some people elect to completely disable OnStar for privacy reasons). I wish some of our GPS experts were on this thread such as @otto. But I will try to go back and figure out what has been said in the past about OnStar and how easily LE can access any stored data that might shed some light into the details of JD activities on the day she went missing. Will also try to figure out which version of the Suburban JD was driving.
Her phone is likely to play a big role as well.

Jeepers, “messy” is right.

Under the circumstances, I can’t imagine that he’s going to be gaining custody anytime soon.

The timing of all of this has a lot of precedent unfortunately. People think they can kill their way to custody.

Sadly, it works sometimes.

My mom was from Wellesley, MA and never cursed but always said “jaypuss “ which I had NO idea what she was saying, only later I learned she was saying “jeepers .” I am from West coast. Nice memories....

In CT the Silver Alert is used more broadly which IMO I believe to be a good thing. We were working on a similar situation in TN and they refused to use their Silver Alert system. I don't know why the rules are interpreted differently depending on jurisdiction but there do seem to be differences in how the rules are applied.
I agree. I believe this is also used for high risk alert, and endangered person which seems to be true here. MOO

Earlier this month, on May 8, Jennifer Dulos filed a motion for contempt, saying that Fotis Dulos had filed an “improper and misleading financial affidavit.”

“The Defendant on his financial affidavit of May 7, 2019, states that the value of assets which he claims to own (which does not include a value for the Fore Group, Inc.) is $363,228.50,” the motion said.

According to New Canaan building and tax records, Fore Group in 2015 received a permit to build a 10,000-square-foot home on Hemlock Hill Road that in May 2017 sold for $5.2 million. The company in July 2017 purchased a Sturbridge Hill Road property for $1.5 million, knocked down the existing home and last April received a permit to build a 7,300-square-foot house there.

According to the motion for contempt, Fotis Dulos “seeks to hide the true value of the business entity which is known as the Fore Group Inc … of which he is the sole shareholder, and which is also his altered ego and identity of interest.”

According to Connecticut Secretary of the State records, Fotis Dulos is president and secretary of Fore Group, Inc.

“The Defendant continues to conceal the value of the Fore Group Inc. while annotating his financial affidavit with the comment that he is too poor to hire a business valuator to establish a value for the business and his concomitant claim that he does not have any idea as to the value of his business—despite personal net worth statements and applications for loans from financial institutions and banks made in connection with loans from Fore Group, Inc., for which is under ongoing obligations to report adverse financial conditions to the lender,” it said.

Fotis Dulos also “has stonewalled discovery of his personal and business finances and engaged in conduct designed and intended to hide the true nature of various business transactions during period relevant to this action for dissolution of marriage,” the motion said.

Jennifer Dulos in the motion called for the court to require her estranged husband to “provide full and unlimited access to the books, records and ESI [Employees’ State Insurance] of his personal and corporate finances.”

Fotis Dulos filed an objection to her motion to contempt the next day.

Jennifer Dulos was reported missing about two weeks later.

Accusations of Threats, Lying, Manipulation in Missing New Canaan Woman’s Divorce Case

I think it will have to go to a judge, however. What are his rights now that the mother is not present? Someone has to decide who has custody of the kids - I don't think the grandparents have automatic custody, though I sure hope they can get an emergency judgement or whatever it takes to get legal status.

jmo

I just read this regarding the children. Info is mentioned at the end of the article.

"On Tuesday, the first day that court was open since Jennifer Dulos’s disappearance, Meehan—the court-appointed guardian—requested that a status conference “be scheduled by the court with all parties and counsel present.”

“I represent to the court that this is an urgent matter affecting the children, affecting the safety of the children,” Meehan said in filing his request."

Accusations of Threats, Lying, Manipulation in Missing New Canaan Woman’s Divorce Case

This strikes me as a situation in which the STBX could have paid someone to carry out. Especially since he is totally uncooperative in sharing his financial situation for the divorce process. He could also then account for his own whereabouts on the day of her disappearance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member