Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I read some of blog posts. I see glimpses of happiness but she appears to be drowning in a sea of perfectionism. The blog seems like an attempt to be upbeat but it sounds like she needed help. JMO
I can’t imagine trying to maintain that lifestyle (or that huge house) without a nanny/au pair/ live in housekeeper/etc.
I hope Jennifer is found safe.

Of course they have every reason to be concerned.

ETA - and in a hostile custody case, you HAVE to be concerned with what things look like. I speak from experience.

I appreciate your POV on this situation. Do you think its possible though that the JD family is concerned that if the STBX (great term BTW) is truly delusional as is alleged in court documents that something tragic could happen to the children? Even if there isn't an armed guard at the apartment the fact that one is alleged to exist sends a signal that hopefully even a person suffering delusions would stop and pause to consider their actions? Sometimes its just as powerful for people to think you have a gun and will use it even if you don't.

I read some of blog posts. I see glimpses of happiness but she appears to be drowning in a sea of perfectionism. The blog seems like an attempt to be upbeat but it sounds like she needed help. JMO
I can’t imagine trying to maintain that lifestyle (or that huge house) without a nanny/au pair/ live in housekeeper/etc.
I hope Jennifer is found safe.
She had help from nanny/au pair and it was allegedly this person that drove the children from CT to NYC apt of JD mother.

I appreciate your POV on this situation. Do you think its possible though that the JD family is concerned that if the STBX (great term BTW) is truly delusional as is alleged in court documents that something tragic could happen to the children? Even if there isn't an armed guard at the apartment the fact that one is alleged to exist sends a signal that hopefully even a person suffering delusions would stop and pause to consider their actions? Sometimes its just as powerful for people to think you have a gun and will use it even if you don't.

I don’t know them personally so I’d only be assuming and projecting. But Jennifer’s family is an affluent and well educated family. I would hope if they truly felt there was the chance he could harm the kids, that they’d file an emergency custody order to be able to take the kids somewhere (agreed upon with the court) they felt was safe.

This guy clearly has some well documented issues if he was only allowed supervised visitation, and all of the strict stipulations that surrounded their temporary custody order. That being said, there would be no reason for armed guards. LE is watching him like a hawk. Jmo

I'm not OP, but I think the family likely is afraid of what STBX is capable of. If I thought my son-in-law was responsible for the disappearance of my daughter, I would guard my grandkids too. I don't, however, know if they can do that legally, since he is the parent. I'm sure they are very afraid that if he gets the kids, they will never see them again - he could leave the country or simply deny the grandparents requests to see them. This situation is an awful mess.

jmo

I don’t know them personally so I’d only be assuming and projecting. But Jennifer’s family is an affluent and well educated family. I would hope if they truly felt there was the chance he could harm the kids, that they’d file an emergency custody order to be able to take the kids somewhere (agreed upon with the court) they felt was safe.

This guy clearly has some well documented issues if he was only allowed supervised visitation, and all of the strict stipulations that surrounded their temporary custody order. That being said, there would be no reason for armed guards. LE is watching him like a hawk. Jmo
Are you under the impression that these guys stand there holding guns or something?

I have a couple friends who do this sort of thing for a private company.

These guys can be practically invisible if you want them to be.

For many clients, they don’t even enter the home, and simply patrol the grounds.

I have no idea if it’s true or not, but I don’t think it’s a big deal either way.

I am sure law enforcement is watching this guy like a hawk, and agree that it’s probably unnecessary.

I'm not OP, but I think the family likely is afraid of what STBX is capable of. If I thought my son-in-law was responsible for the disappearance of my daughter, I would guard my grandkids too. I don't, however, know if they can do that legally, since he is the parent. I'm sure they are very afraid that if he gets the kids, they will never see them again - he could leave the country or simply deny the grandparents requests to see them. This situation is an awful mess.

jmo

There is very well documented parental alienation in this case, to the point where he was only allowed supervised visits. And I believe at one point he wasn’t even allowed to communicate with the kids; only with Jennifer via text or letter, and only if it pertained to the kids. Their custody case is very interesting to me, and definitely not the norm in the tristate area IME. I don’t think he’s going anywhere with those kids.

Are you under the impression that these guys stand there holding guns or something?

I have a couple friends who do this sort of thing for a private company.

These guys can be practically invisible if you want them to be.

For many clients, they don’t even enter the home, and simply patrol the grounds.

I have no idea if it’s true or not, but I don’t think it’s a big deal either way.

I am sure law enforcement is watching this guy like a hawk, and agree that it’s probably unnecessary.

the lawyer used the terms armed guards to make an impression. Also, I don’t think there are personally hired armed security guards walking the perimeter of an upscale building in the city.

There is very well documented parental alienation in this case, to the point where he was only allowed supervised visits. And I believe at one point he wasn’t even allowed to communicate with the kids; only with Jennifer via text or letter, and only if it pertained to the kids. Their custody case is very interesting to me, and definitely not the norm in the tristate area IME. I don’t think he’s going anywhere with those kids.
I think it will have to go to a judge, however. What are his rights now that the mother is not present? Someone has to decide who has custody of the kids - I don't think the grandparents have automatic custody, though I sure hope they can get an emergency judgement or whatever it takes to get legal status.

jmo

I'm not claiming to know who is being truthful here but I'm amazed that the husband is alleged to have basically said "honey - my girlfriend is moving in with her daughter. I hope you don't mind and don't let it disrupt your usual routine". This guy has a pair. How humiliating that would be for JD and what would that teach the kids?
....and I'll be awake half the night trying to figure out what STBX stands for....don't tell me, I'll figure it out.
Hoping for clarity for the family tomorrow

I'm not claiming to know who is being truthful here but I'm amazed that the husband is alleged to have basically said "honey - my girlfriend is moving in with her daughter. I hope you don't mind and don't let it disrupt your usual routine". This guy has a pair. How humiliating that would be for JD and what would that teach the kids?
....and I'll be awake half the night trying to figure out what STBX stands for....don't tell me, I'll figure it out.
Hoping for clarity for the family tomorrow
Soon to be ex?

I think it will have to go to a judge, however. What are his rights now that the mother is not present? Someone has to decide who has custody of the kids - I don't think the grandparents have automatic custody, though I sure hope they can get an emergency judgement or whatever it takes to get legal status.

jmo

They were supposed to have a hearing this week which was requested by the GAL. So IMO it’s likely the GAL will (or maybe already did) tell the judge what they think is in the best interest of the kids.

Fingers crossed it all works out. My heart is aching for the grandparent/parents.
jmo

Agree. Messy divorces end up being hardest on the kids. This is the link that has a lot of info about the dads custody situation (or lack thereof). The judge seems very against the dad having custody of the kids before this mess. I can’t imagine a judge going from only allowing calls on speakerphone, to full physical custody. But weirder things have happened.

Divorce documents: Jennifer Dulos feared her estranged husband

Agree. Messy divorces end up being hardest on the kids. This is the link that has a lot of info about the dads custody situation (or lack thereof). The judge seems very against the dad having custody of the kids before this mess. I can’t imagine a judge going from only allowing calls on speakerphone, to full physical custody. But weirder things have happened.

Thanks, bears10, for the link.

Jeepers, “messy” is right.

Under the circumstances, I can’t imagine that he’s going to be gaining custody anytime soon.

The timing of all of this has a lot of precedent unfortunately. People think they can kill their way to custody.

Sadly, it works sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member