DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Websleuths!

MOO =My opinion only
IMO=In my opinion

Thanks for the clarification on husband’s career—so he would’ve had access to heavy-duty construction equipment AND potentially a few options in terms of places to hide things he didn’t want found...
Bolding Mine

^^^ You beat me to it !

Dismaying to learn about the bitter divorce proceedings.
Might be nothing more than she needed time alone for a while, but her friends say she wouldn't leave her kids ... so there's that.

She had a bachelor's degree from an Ivy League college (Brown University) AND a masters in writing from NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts, both of which are pretty darn prestigious institutions—I really want to consider those points as being in favor of the hypothesis that she left on her own, maybe to recapture her sense of herself as a capable, talented, independent woman...but if I’m being honest, I think it’s more likely that her acrimonious divorce and soon-to-be ex-spouse has something to do with her disappearance.
MOO

She had a bachelor's degree from an Ivy League college (Brown University) AND a masters in writing from NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts, both of which are pretty darn prestigious institutions—I really want to consider those points as being in favor of the hypothesis that she left on her own, maybe to recapture her sense of herself as a capable, talented, independent woman...but if I’m being honest, I think it’s more likely that her acrimonious divorce and soon-to-be ex-spouse has something to do with her disappearance.
MOO
Read the two articles I just posted. There were serious safety concerns.

New Canaan police and CT state troopers are still searching for a woman who hasn’t been seen since Friday.

Jennifer Dulos, 50, was reported missing Friday, May 24.

She was last seen that day, driving a 2017 black Chevrolet Suburban.

Anyone who may have had contact with her or has any information should reach out to police at 203-594-3544.

New Canaan police, state troopers searching for missing woman

Last edited:
Search intensifies for missing Connecticut mother of five who disappeared during reported custody battle

SABBM:
New Canaan Police confirmed on Tuesday night that the vehicle Dulos was seen driving on Friday had been found.

LE's found her vehicle. Wondering where exactly her vehicle was recovered.

JMO.
This has not been verified but it is possible that it was located at Waveny Park (a NC town park). A man interviewed said he saw police taking photos of a car there the other day and the search has now moved to the park

As police continued to search Wednesday afternoon for missing New Canaan mother of five Jennifer Farber Dulos, an attorney for her estranged husband, Fotis Dulos, wrote a judge asking the court to take action to grant him custody, saying their five children were under armed guard in his mother-in-law’s New York City apartment.

Attorney Michael J. Rose asked Superior Court Judge Donna Heller not to cancel a status conference scheduled for Wednesday on the divorce case but the hearing was postponed as state police and local authorities scoured a New Canaan park where Jennifer Dulos’ car was found Friday.

Rose told the judge that the nanny of the Dulos’ five children brought them to the New York City apartment of Jennifer Dulos’ mother, Gloria Farber, and that they “have since hired an armed bodyguard and remain in New York. My client has joint custody, but is limited by your orders. However, at this point, the Court needs to take action to provide my client with custody (or someone with the legal ability to act)."

Police search local park for missing New Canaan mother as children at center of contentious custody battle are with armed guard in New York City apartment

Rose told the judge that the nanny of the Dulos’ five children brought them to the New York City apartment of Jennifer Dulos’ mother, Gloria Farber, and that they “have since hired an armed bodyguard and remain in New York.
Snipped for brevity
Bolding mine

Sounds like her family is very fearful of him.

This is one messy divorce and custody battle. She loved her hubby years ago, as I have read through her blogs. They were written in 2012, right after the birth of her daughter Clea.
I pray that she is OK and just needed some time away, but unfortunately, I doubt it because she loves her kids.

I find it odd they issued a "silver alert", which I thought was for elderly people who, in general, have some level of cognitive impairment.
In CT the Silver Alert is used more broadly which IMO I believe to be a good thing. We were working on a similar situation in TN and they refused to use their Silver Alert system. I don't know why the rules are interpreted differently depending on jurisdiction but there do seem to be differences in how the rules are applied.

MOO
I don't disagree with you at all but why leave at such a critical time in the custody process? She had been fighting hard with her atty for the past year and they had issued motion after motion with the goal of getting the custody situation resolved1? Given the number of contempt citations against the Defendant, it seems to make sense that JD was 'winning' the court battle IMO. Perhaps it was fear of losing and great anger that accellerated the situation into something tragic IMO? IDK many people that would fight so hard to keep their kids and then walk away to catch their breath. Originally I thought perhaps she was in hiding in advance of the court date in the event she feared for her life. But the court date has come and gone and she is still sadly missing. The fact that there is the issue of dual citizenship in play here and flight risk is real, I truly hope the justice system works to shut down these avenues of escape. All this is speculation at this point so totally MOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l