Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He builds homes. Sorry I am new here, what does MOO mean?
Welcome to Websleuths!

MOO =My opinion only
IMO=In my opinion

Thanks for the clarification on husband’s career—so he would’ve had access to heavy-duty construction equipment AND potentially a few options in terms of places to hide things he didn’t want found...

She's not the one with issues. Her own mother just filed a protective order against him. Her mother is suing him for millions of dollars that he never paid back from a business loan. A man from London is suing him in a business deal that was illegal done. Dulos needs to be looked at closely.

Imo those protective orders are to protect documents and protect the plaintiff from having to provide personal and confidential info. Although it’s interesting that his visitation with his kids seems to be supervised visitation.

IMO, this poor woman seems to have been under tremendous stress and in many posts, I believe she’s pretty explicitly crying out for help. She regularly laments the lack of any time for herself. At the time these blog entries were written, she was caring for 5 children, all under the age of 6—2 sets of twins!—and also running them to horseback riding lessons, handling their school obligations, all while feeling pressure to be the picture-perfect wife/mother/hostess and to present a picture-perfect home...that’s a LOT.

There’s an interesting post 12/6/12 where she wistfully reminisces about her pre-marriage life contrasting the independence she had the. with the seemingly-endless obligations she dealt with as a wife and mother of 5 young kids:
“There is not enough time in December to do it all. Next year I will be on top of it... Someday there will be the time I had, especially before I married, when I lived in Colorado, got my own tree and decorated it with my dog Sophie by my side.”

And on 12/26/12, a post potentially significant to this current situation:
“I just wish somehow to slow down my life. Pause it. Take a soak. But I find it hard to do this.”

Finally: she mentions that her husband owns a “building company”—anyone know if she meant he was a landlord (with rental buildings) or did she mean he was in the construction industry? Just curious about what opportunities a perp might have had to move/hide/dispose of a body.

All above is MOO based on my understanding of her blog entries!

He builds luxury homes.

Welcome to Websleuths!

MOO =My opinion only
IMO=In my opinion

Thanks for the clarification on husband’s career—so he would’ve had access to heavy-duty construction equipment AND potentially a few options in terms of places to hide things he didn’t want found...
Thank you for the clarification! I will note that while he lives in Hartford county, he is also building homes in Fairfield County including New Canaan where Jennifer lives.

Imo those protective orders are to protect documents and protect the plaintiff from having to provide personal and confidential info. Although it’s interesting that his visitation with his kids seems to be supervised visitation.
This is interesting but what are your sources for this information? Is it possible with everything that seems to be going on that the JD left voluntarily to get some space or perhaps because she was afraid for her life?

This is interesting but what are your sources for this information? Is it possible with everything that seems to be going on that the JD left voluntarily to get some space or perhaps because she was afraid for her life?

The CT court site. It lists all of the divorce case activity, and the estate case links actual documents.

Thank you for the clarification! I will note that while he lives in Hartford county, he is also building homes in Fairfield County including New Canaan where Jennifer lives.
Just a bit of local 'color' on the real estate situation in the area. There are many homes for sale in New Canaan and all the surrounding towns and prices have been relatively flat for years after experiencing a slight uptick after the downturn which hit the local real estate market hard. IMO most people live in the area for the schools and once their children graduate from high school they leave to live in a less expensive location. This cycle results in a constant influx of people with only a small core in each town of people that have lived in the area for many many years. The sad reality is that most people cannot afford to retire in the towns where they lived in order to educate their children.

New construction is active in New Canaan but it still takes many months to sell a home even if its new. The cost of living in the area is quite high with taxes being the main issue. Property taxes in most towns support the schools and while I don't know the exact annual tax paid for the rental house in which JD lived in New Canaan, my estimate based on the house description is that it paid in the range of $25-30,000 in annual property taxes. The State of CT is in tough shape financially and the state income tax burden on locals is also high. The area is mainly driven by people that work in NYC and live in CT. There is an active hedge fund community in CT and some surrounding corporations. But many corporations (including GE) have chosen to exit CT as its a difficult state to function in and the cost of doing business is high relative to other states. Private school tuition (depending on the school) can range from $25,000-$35,000 per student per year locally for day students. I hope this helps to explain the high cost of living in the area.

Statement from the Family and Friends of Jennifer Farber Dulos:

Since learning of the disappearance of Jennifer Farber Dulos, our beloved daughter, mother, sister, cousin, aunt, and friend, we have been heartbroken; at the same time, we are moved and inspired by the support, assistance, concern, and love extended by so many.

We remain hopeful that Jennifer will be found soon, and we urge anyone with information, however seemingly insignificant, to call the New Canaan Police Tip Line at 203-594-3544. Jennifer was last seen in New Canaan, the morning of Friday, May 24, 2019, operating a black 2017 Chevy Suburban. Jennifer is 50 years of age, very slender, 5’7”, with a soft voice, dark brown eyes, and shoulder-length brown hair. Those who know Jennifer know her to be a devoted mother; an extremely thoughtful, reliable, and organized woman; and attest that she would never, ever, disappear when she is responsible for the lives of five loving and energetic children. Jennifer is gentle, kind, intelligent, and funny, and above all she prioritizes the health and happiness of her children. She and the children have been embraced by the New Canaan Country School community, where they have made good friends and are active in athletics and arts.

Before living in New Canaan, Jennifer and her family resided in Farmington, where she was a beloved class parent among the Renbrook School community. We are touched by the outpouring of support from friends and colleagues in Farmington, Avon, and West Hartford.

We express our sincere thanks to the law enforcement officers in both New Canaan and the Connecticut State Police. We are also deeply grateful to the New Canaan Country School for their incredible outpouring of support and care during this extremely difficult time.

Please join us in seeking Jennifer’s safe return as soon as possible. Again, do not hesitate to share any information, however small, with the New Canaan Police Tip Line at 203-594-3544.

The Family and Friends of Jennifer Farber Dulos

Last edited:
The Silver Alert system, effective July 1, 2009, mandates that law enforcement immediately begin searching for missing individuals who are ages 65 or older, or ages 18 and over if mentally impaired. For more detailed information, visit the State Department of Aging: Department of Rehabilitation Services

So by that definition, she would have to be considered mentally impaired. But by who? Maybe the person who reported her missing, whoever that may be? Was there reason to believe she was suicidal, depressed, etc at the time of her disappearance? I know these questions have not been addressed in MSM, I am just thinking out loud.

Police said on Wednesday - the fifth day of her disappearance - that Dulos is still missing.

Dulos filed for divorce in 2017 from her husband, Fotis Dulos, who she has been married to for 13 years. The two have five children between the ages of 8 and 13, including two pairs of twins.

A hearing that was scheduled at the Stamford courthouse on Wednesday has been postponed. The postponement came one day after a court-appointed guardian ad litem (GAL) filed a motion for a status conference “regarding the safety of the children.”

New Canaan woman missing for five days

Statement from the Family and Friends of Jennifer Farber Dulos:...Those who know Jennifer know her to be a devoted mother; an extremely thoughtful, reliable, and organized woman; and attest that she would never, ever, disappear when she is responsible for the lives of five loving and energetic children. Jennifer is gentle, kind, intelligent, and funny, and above all she prioritizes the health and happiness of her children. She and the children have been embraced by the New Canaan Country School community, where they have made good friends and are active in athletics and arts...Before living in New Canaan, Jennifer and her family resided in Farmington, where she was a beloved class parent among the Renbrook School community.

My heart goes out to her friends and family and I join them in hoping for her safe return!

I am trying to put this as delicately as possible, because I don't want to offend, but I was a little surprised that--in this statement put out by her friends/family who've known her at all stages of her life--JD's personality/existence is described almost purely in terms of her motherhood and associated obligations.

To be clear, I'm not casting aspersions on JD's parenting skills, because even the very best mothers in the world can sometimes feel overwhelmed!
However, *if* JD *was* feeling overwhelmed by her "duties" as a mother and in need of an escape, as suggested by her 2012 and 2013 blog entries, I wonder if this statement might inadvertantly exacerbate that feeling by emphasizing JD's "responsibility" for her kids' lives and implying that her most important personal quality is that she "prioritizes the health and happiness of her children" over everything else.

I could be totally "off" in my interpretation of the statement, but to me it seems like the statement's writers are attempting to speak directly to JD and to appeal to her sense of parental duty to convince her to return home. My interpretation assumes that the friends/family think she left of her own volition--though this is a fact of which I am not totally convinced. Anyone with an ear to the ground in CT happen to know whether or not that is the prevailing sentiment among her family/friends?

The preceding is MOO, based on my understanding of her blog and the press statement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member