Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
This is an unusual name, Fotis. Is he Greek? Wonder what started this in their marriage. Was he in financial trouble? Lots of people have that problem but they stick it out together.
Yes, the ex is of Greek descent and allegedly holds a Greek passport. According to court documents and MSM reports he has Greek citizenship and had applied to get all the children Greek passports fairly recently. Also according to court documents he had threatened to take the children to Greece and said, "...that they would never be found'. This provides some context for the recent information that the children are now in NYC apt of JD mother and under armed guard.

Last edited:
Where were the kids when she went missing?

Edit - I should have googled for updates before posting ha. It’s the NYP so take it fwiw

-

Dulos last spoke with one of her friends after dropping her kids at school on Friday, and she missed several appointments during the day, cops said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...play-in-disappearance-of-connecticut-mom/amp/
I believe most of this has been confirmed via other sources now but NYP usually gets it right in these high profile crime cases and in fact typically scoops the competition. Thank goodness the nanny had the instinct to take the children immediately to the NYC apt of JD mother.

Yes, the name is greek as is the ex husband. According to court documents and MSM reports he has Greek citizenship and had applied to get all the children Greek passports fairly recently. Also according to court documents he had threatened to take the children to Greece and said, "...that they would never be found'. This provides some context for the recent information that the children are now in NYC apt of JD mother and under armed guard.

The armed guard thing is a claim made by the STBXs lawyer, I haven’t seen that verified as a fact. I am taking that claim with a grain of salt. It seems in line with his claim that Jennifer told the kids she could have the mafia break his knees. Which turned out to be BS.

The armed guard thing is a claim made by the STBXs lawyer, I haven’t seen that verified as a fact. I am taking that claim with a grain of salt. It seems in line with his claim that Jennifer told the kids she could have the mafia break his knees. Which turned out to be BS.
I guess we will have to see about the armed guards but my guess is the JD mom is willing to do whatever it takes to make sure that her grandchildren stay in the US and remain safe and sound until her daughter is found. Whether she has an armed guard or not it sounds like the children are safe and protected and that is all that matters until the courts get around to ruling on situation. I am glad that the children have a strong advocate in the form of a grandparent, especially given the nature of the dispute between the parents.

Yes, the name is greek as is the ex husband. According to court documents and MSM reports he has Greek citizenship and had applied to get all the children Greek passports fairly recently. Also according to court documents he had threatened to take the children to Greece and said, "...that they would never be found'. This provides some context for the recent information that the children are now in NYC apt of JD mother and under armed guard.
I am confused. Is this her second husband?

I guess we will have to see about the armed guards but my guess is the JD mom is willing to do whatever it takes to make sure that her grandchildren stay in the US and remain safe and sound until her daughter is found. Whether she has an armed guard or not it sounds like the children are safe and protected and that is all that matters until the courts get around to ruling on situation. I am glad that the children have a strong advocate in the form of a grandparent, especially given the nature of the dispute between the parents.

I personally think armed guards are a little extra and don’t make Jennifer’s family look great if true. Security is one thing, but armed guards just sounds over the top. Especially considering Jennifer’s family has more than enough money to move the kids to another location, undisclosed to the father, without having to put them through extra stress and confusion by having armed guards around. Jmo

wow, what a mess.....where to start?
1. These folks seem smart, hard working and the type of people that think things through. If there is a crime here, I'll bet it was carefully planned and executed and I hope LE is able to find some solid evidence as to what happened.
2. I think the chances of her leaving voluntarily are about as close to zero as possible.
3. And how irritating that she would be criticized for possibly taking anti-psychotic or other other mental health medications.
4. I'd like to look at the tax returns - business income returns and individual gift tax returns might show how the parties truly intended to treat the funding of the business.
5. Thank goodness for JD's mom. Let's hope the judicial system errs on the side of caution and keeps those kids physically safe until this gets sorted out.
6. Did I mention the size of the houses they lived in? 15,000 SF in Farmington with enough room for a "paramour" and her kids? .....a 10' x 10' cell would seem awful small in comparison....
Hoping this nightmare doesn't get worse for those kids.

wow, what a mess.....where to start?
1. These folks seem smart, hard working and the type of people that think things through. If there is a crime here, I'll bet it was carefully planned and executed and I hope LE is able to find some solid evidence as to what happened.
2. I think the chances of her leaving voluntarily are about as close to zero as possible.
3. And how irritating that she would be criticized for possibly taking anti-psychotic or other other mental health medications.
4. I'd like to look at the tax returns - business income returns and individual gift tax returns might show how the parties truly intended to treat the funding of the business.
5. Thank goodness for JD's mom. Let's hope the judicial system errs on the side of caution and keeps those kids physically safe until this gets sorted out.
6. Did I mention the size of the houses they lived in? 15,000 SF in Farmington with enough room for a "paramour" and her kids? .....a 10' x 10' cell would seem awful small in comparison....
Hoping this nightmare doesn't get worse for those kids.
Agree on every point.

I'm not feeling good about the outcome, sorry to say. This seems like a case where the person disappears and is never found. Money and connections can buy a lot of silence.

Of course, there is always HOPE and I hold on to that.

jmo

Does LE have her phone? If not, have they been able to access her phone records? I wonder who, if anyone, she spoke with the morning she went missing. I’m hoping that LE and Jennifer’s family seem quiet because they have info/evidence that they don’t want certain people to know they have. Curious to know where the STBX and his paramour were the day Jennifer went missing.

I personally think armed guards are a little extra and don’t make Jennifer’s family look great if true. Security is one thing, but armed guards just sounds over the top. Especially considering Jennifer’s family has more than enough money to move the kids to another location, undisclosed to the father, without having to put them through extra stress and confusion by having armed guards around. Jmo
I don’t think they’re concerned about what it looks like. It just shows how seriously they are taking their security.

They have every reason to be concerned, in light of what may have happened.

Does LE have her phone? If not, have they been able to access her phone records? I wonder who, if anyone, she spoke with the morning she went missing. I’m hoping that LE and Jennifer’s family seem quiet because they have info/evidence that they don’t want certain people to know they have. Curious to know where the STBX and his paramour were the day Jennifer went missing.
@bears10 you are on point per usual! My suspicion is that even if they don't have the phone that by now they have been able to access the data via subpoena. It was so encouraging to see that the NCPD immediately brought in the State Police resources for assistance and it now also appears that Federal resources have been brought in to assist.

I haven't had a chance to review the GPS capabilities of the Suburban model that JD was driving but its possible that the vehicle can provide information on driving path during the day before the vehicle was found by the NCPD. If anyone can figure out which model Suburban JD was driving that would be helpful. I looked at the picture posted by NCPD and it is hard to figure it out. According to cars.com here are the possible options for 2017 Suburban: https://www.cars.com/research/chevrolet-suburban-2017/trims/. Not sure where @otto is these days but we could really use his help on this car situation!

I live a .5 miles from Waveny and walk my dog there every morning. It was a bizarre scene at waveny today with youth soccer practices going on about 200 yards from the police presence and helicopter. Hope LE lets us know soon if waveny is safe but understand the process. GL LE

I live a .5 miles from Waveny and walk my dog there every morning. It was a bizarre scene at waveny today with youth soccer practices going on about 200 yards from the police presence and helicopter. Hope LE lets us know soon if waveny is safe but understand the process. GL LE
Welcome to WS and thanks for the (very) local commentary.

I don’t think they’re concerned about what it looks like. It just shows how seriously they are taking their security.

They mhave every reason to be concerned, in light of what may have happened.

Of course they have every reason to be concerned. And they obviously have a great legal team. One which I would hope would advise them to ask LE to camp outside where the kids are (the way they have been at the NC house) as opposed to bringing in armed guards. Or advise them to relocate the kids somewhere the father wouldn’t expect them to be. The amount of parental alienation by the father throughout the divorce case has been more than enough to cause damage to those kids. The last thing they need are armed guards to further stress them out and make them worry. I truly think the armed guards thing is made up by the STBXs legal team.

ETA - and in a hostile custody case, you HAVE to be concerned with what things look like. I speak from experience.

I totally understand the local concern. I called NCPD this afternoon to ask if a PC would be happening in the near future. Figured this phrasing gave them enough wiggle room for a response. I was told to 'call back later'. But if the case is being treated as a criminal investigation then my suspicion is that its all hands on deck tracking back tips and leads etc. The statement by NCPD tonight was helpful and the press seem to be stepping up on the investigative front as well which is encouraging as it brings local and national attention to the missing victim which is so important. Will keep praying for JD and this family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l