GUILTY CT - Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, & 2 daughters killed in home invasion, 23 July 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From NHRliveTwitter: nhrlive Donovan call Dr. Petit "the most accomplished angel of death in Connecticut history" for pressing to get death penalty for #Komis

WHAT???? This man is insulting.

Well that's it - he's been officially sentenced to death. I hope this is the end for Dr. Petit having to deal with proceedings regarding this nightmare.

got beeped...missed part of the "I really didn't mean it " statement..BULL

He's emotionless! signed the document freely....got cuffed again, and wisked away..2 HUGE MARSHALLS "assisting him!

7/20/2012 is the date pending appeals

and....now I get to go to another scene in the rain! yuck!

Well that's it - he's been officially sentenced to death. I hope this is the end for Dr. Petit having to deal with proceedings regarding this nightmare.

nope ziggy................automatic appeals process kicks in! :truce:

Judge Blue and his staff have done a great job in ensuring JK got a fair trial, his attorneys have fought to save his life and if some feel they overstepped the mark in comments they made about the victims family then that is there right to say so, for me they were fighting for a mans life and in this they had to do everything they felt was necessary,

the families statements honoured the victims and remind us all that the surviving families of the victims will live with this pain and trauma for the rest of there days

as all who have ever read my posts will know I oppose the DP and allowing the state to murder JK changes nothing, for me I hope one day state sanctioned murder will be no more, not in the US or anywhere,

nope ziggy................automatic appeals process kicks in! :truce:

I know but I hope they will be swiftly and appropriately shut down and the sentence carried out in a timely manner. I also want solid gold toilet seats...

Did I see you leaving on that live feed?

I am elated and hope the two death sentences will be carried out.
This was a henious crime and deserving of the DP, if we ever had a case that warranted death. These two people are just monsters who tortured the Petit family.

I have had a moment of silence for Mr. Petit.
His life has really touched me.
I feel this man had to endure so much pain and sorrow. I hope he may be able to move forward a bit now that the court proceedings are over for the two pigs.

RIP

Goz

I think today Donovan hit a new low today. Calling Dr. Petit an angel of death was completely unnecessary and repugnant. Calling him an angel of death has absolutely nothing to do with representing his client but speaks to more about Donovan's own personal hatred for Dr. Petit. Mr. Donovan seems to have mixed up people. I think a better case could be made that it's his client who is the angel of death since he's been convicted of murdering three innocent and helpless women.

I think if Donovan fundamentally believes the death penalty is wrong he would be better suited to champion his cause in the legislature rather than attacking murder victims and their surviving families.

By Donovan further torturing surviving victims his client gets the satisfaction of knowing his only living victim is being continually tortured. I imagine that gives JK a great deal of satisfaction and it makes Donovan no more a better man than his client.

Whose fiance was sitting behind the Petit family?

JoyPath mentioned a fiance... ??

Whose fiance was sitting behind the Petit family?

JoyPath mentioned a fiance... ??

Dr. Petit became engaged after the holidays in 2011.

I agree JSR, pretty repugnant comments. This wasn't arguement to the jury. This wasnt argument for his client at all since the hearing was just a formality, the judge had no discretion and had to impose the death sentence. As such, the comments by Donovan are purely his own personal comments and were made for personal and likely political reasons. Quite frankly I was rather underwhelmed with his representation of JK. Lots of window dressing, but not much substance.

I thought JK indicated he was going to make a comment. Lost his nerve I guess. I'm sure we'll see a letter soon where he rants and raves about life and the Petits.

I agree JSR, pretty repugnant comments. This wasn't arguement to the jury. This wasnt argument for his client at all since the hearing was just a formality, the judge had no discretion and had to impose the death sentence. As such, the comments by Donovan are purely his own personal comments and were made for personal and likely political reasons. Quite frankly I was rather underwhelmed with his representation of JK. Lots of window dressing, but not much substance.

I thought JK indicated he was going to make a comment. Lost his nerve I guess. I'm sure we'll see a letter soon where he rants and raves about life and the Petits.

JK did speak his statement is online if you can find it,
his lawyers comments were not done to cause the family any more pain they were made to ensure that they were placed into the record so that they can be used for an appeal if JK and his attys (whoever they may be) decide to do so,

I think they did a great job with what they had, they went the extra mile for JK considering that they like most people knew they were onto a losing game from the outset, all they could do was try to show the jury that JK was a human being and even though he committed horrendous crimes he did not deserve the death penalty, they worked so hard to try to reach just one juror but unfortunately and as expected the jurors voted for death

in my opinion we need more lawyers like these, who do the work most will not do, and I have read today that one juror has commented (saw a tweet) that he regretted voting for the DP - I will look to see if this is true and not just gossip and is reported by the media, if that is the case than JKs lawyers did reach one juror and he may have felt pressured into voting for the DP against his conscience,

I have yet to see any comments in the media about this jurors comments so maybe it is just gossip on twitter, as any regrets any juror has now are too late

the comment that a juror regretted voting for the DP is tweeted on News8Now twitter account, there is nothing else added about what other comments the juror made

JK did speak his statement is online if you can find it,
his lawyers comments were not done to cause the family any more pain they were made to ensure that they were placed into the record so that they can be used for an appeal if JK and his attys (whoever they may be) decide to do so,

I think they did a great job with what they had, they went the extra mile for JK considering that they like most people knew they were onto a losing game from the outset, all they could do was try to show the jury that JK was a human being and even though he committed horrendous crimes he did not deserve the death penalty, they worked so hard to try to reach just one juror but unfortunately and as expected the jurors voted for death

in my opinion we need more lawyers like these, who do the work most will not do, and I have read today that one juror has commented (saw a tweet) that he regretted voting for the DP - I will look to see if this is true and not just gossip and is reported by the media, if that is the case than JKs lawyers did reach one juror and he may have felt pressured into voting for the DP against his conscience,

I have yet to see any comments in the media about this jurors comments so maybe it is just gossip on twitter, as any regrets any juror has now are too late

Usually I also don't agree with the death penalty but in this particular case it was appropriate.

But I must absolutely and completely disagree with your bolded statement above.

JK's could still have put the issue on record but do it in a respectful manner towards the VICTIMS in this case. They didn't choose to be in that courtroom, if JK had never tortured, raped and murdered their loved ones they would never need to gather in that courtroom. Calling the victims family the "Petit Posse" was absolutely outrageous and was completely repugnant. Donovan could still have called the attention of their pins and the fact they were there in a much more civilized and respectful manner. It seems that Donovan didn't even want them in the Courtroom, at all.

Let's also not forget that Donovan accused Dr. Petit of lying and distorting the facts and testimony, suggested in Court that if Dr. Petit hadn't escaped the house then the house would not have been set fire (suggesting that it was Dr. Petit's fault somehow). His suggestion was ridiculous since the gasoline was bought hours before they actually set the house ablaze.

In many ways I think Donovan's very public attacks on Dr. Petit and his family did a disservice to his client. He took a scorched Earth approach and he was very fortunate that his behavior and disrespectful attitude didn't turn off the jury. Many times if the jury feels an attorney is being obnoxious they shut down and don't listen to a word they have to say.

In my mind JK got a more than fair trial and jury.

I had only scanned the testimony and so I had missed the statement by JK. But from his earlier letter the was released, I assumed his statement would be more ..... aggressive than it was.

I must disagree Joe about the reason for Donovan's statement. It was pure arguement and unsupported by testimony in the record. Normally such an unsupported statement will be striken from the record. But again, another example of how capital defense attorneys are exempted from ethical and evidence rules. His comments about Dr. Petit served no legal purpose but were only a personal attack by Donovan. Dr. Petit should file a grievance with the bar association. I'm tired of the argument that defense attorney's are defending the systement if not the criminal. That may be true for most, but for capital murder defense attorneys, they are trashing the system and making a mockery of it to defend animals and to attack victims who justifiably seek enforcement of the law.

Dr Petit definitely has a 'type.' I see similarities in his new fiance. Since, at 34, she is 21 yrs his junior, I bet they'll start a family soon after marriage. Glad he's finding some happiness at the end of this long torturous road.

As for JK, his statement was once again self-serving. Blaming his co-monster, society, and only taking responsibility for his part of things. Too bad, so sad, he's toast.

As for Donovan...what a crappy way to comport himself. He should be ashamed to bring any blame to the Petit family. Scum.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back