Found Deceased CT - Jessica Edwards, 30, South Windsor, 9 May 2021 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If my sister died in a car crash or God forbid was shot, it would be easier to comprehend,” Yanique said Wednesday while poking around in the brush of a wooded area off Burnham Street, a little over a mile from where her sister lived in South Windsor, looking for clues.
She must keep searching for her sister, she said. That is what she would do for her.

“I almost want to call her name out,” she said, clinging to hope that her sister is still alive.

Yanique and several volunteers scanned several areas Wednesday, using their own drones and dogs, hoping to find anything that might point to Jessica’s whereabouts as daily searches spanning three towns have so far come up empty. Unfortunately, this search would end up like the others. Still, Yanique plans to continue until she finds her sister.

She acknowledges it’s overwhelming.

“I don’t know what I am searching for,” the 26-year-old woman said. “Should I go off what I saw her last wearing?”

Yanique said the last time she saw her sister was at 11 p.m. on Mother’s Day, May 9. An email was sent around 2:30 a.m. May 10 from Jessica’s account to her professor saying she would not be in the class that day at Hartford Hospital where she is a clinical training student in respiratory care. Hutchinson told police the last time he saw Jessica was between 6:30 and 7 a.m. that morning. He reported her missing later that day.

The email puzzled Yanique, who does not believe that her sister wrote it, and thinks her sister was taken at that time.

Jessica Edwards loves car shows, her sister said, and getting dressed up with makeup even if she is not going out. But most of all, she loves spending time with her son and taking him places, she added. After several days of no contact, Yanique finally visited with Jayden in a Zoom call this week. His father and other extended family members are caring for the baby.

Holding on to hope
This family is so relatable. They celebrated Mothers Day together, as I often to with my sisters and sisters-in-law. They are searching as I hope my family would do...but how to do it? Nobody is prepared for this challenge. My heart is absolutely with them.

jmo

Holding on to hope

To Note:
•Yanique and several volunteers scanned several areas Wednesday, using their own drones and dogs but have come up empty
•The search has covered 3 towns
•Police have said that the timeline is unclear exactly when Edwards disappeared
•LE is not ruling out foul play
•the search of the couple’s condo and three cars resulted in the collection of evidence that they said is “beneficial.”

•Her sister last saw her around 11pm on Mother’s Day
•Her husband states he last saw her around 6:30-7am Mon morning.
•An email was sent around 2:30am stating she would not be to clinicals
•her sister does not believe that Jessica wrote it, and thinks her sister was taken at that time

•Cleverdon said five detectives are working full-time on the case. He added that police are not searching the areas volunteers are canvassing because they do not have “credible information” that Edwards is located there.

The family members of a South Windsor mother continue to search for her more than a week after she went missing
At this point, I know—I feel she wouldn't be safe because she wouldn't be gone for this long," Jessica’s younger sister, Yanique Edwards, said…
The family is overwhelmed by the support from the community. They said people they don't even know have called in and joined in the search.

“At this point, I’m so anxious to find out what happened, where is she, what’s going on. It’s just like—it’s hard, you know, it’s very hard to go on with my day when I’m so used to talking to her every minute or talking to her all the time.”

A sign with Jessica's picture was shared on a billboard at the Yard Goat's game last night.

Family continues search for missing South Windsor mother | fox61.com

upload_2021-5-20_18-51-37.jpeg

Connecticut Police Ask The Public For Help Locating Missing Mother Jessica Edwards | Oxygen Official Site

Police in Connecticut have made a plea to the public for help in locating the an area woman who mysteriously vanished.

“We have not had any luck tracking down the person Jessica is believed to have left the house with, nor was there a description of the vehicle or the person who she supposedly left with,” Cleverdon said on Wednesday, adding that there has not been any activity on the missing mom’s cellphone, social media or financial records since she vanished.

Search continues for missing CT mother Jessica Edwards

There were no major updates police could share on the case on Thursday or Friday as investigators continue to piece together what led to Edwards’ disappearance.

“We continue to do everything within our control to attempt to locate Jessica,” Sgt. Mark Cleverdon said Thursday morning. “Much of what our investigators are doing this week cannot be discussed openly.

I wonder why they’re focusing on the park? How would you even know where to begin searching? Her “leaving with persons unknown” does not make any sense, so we don’t even know IF she left the house (alive - sorry), how would you start searching?

Unless cell phone pinged etc. I can’t remember if she supposedly had her phone with her? I need to go back and re read. I’m following too many threads and I’m confused.
MOO

I wonder why they’re focusing on the park? How would you even know where to begin searching? Her “leaving with persons unknown” does not make any sense, so we don’t even know IF she left the house (alive - sorry), how would you start searching?

Unless cell phone pinged etc. I can’t remember if she supposedly had her phone with her? I need to go back and re read. I’m following too many threads and I’m confused.
MOO

For law enforcement, I would think there would have to be a specific reason to be given permission by their administration. A ping of a victim's or suspect's phone, a dog tracked to it, a credible tip, someplace close to the victim's last seen location, someone confessing, etc.

For family, they could maybe decide to search a certain place because of a hunch, or it's a place the victim/suspect frequented, or a place a psychic suggested, etc. Really, any reason they want.

I can't believe they still haven't found her. I have faith that they have found something and are being very cautious in how they proceed. They must have their reasons for keeping things close.

As for me, I only know as much as you do and there is nothing new on SM.

This may be related…

Connecticut State Police told FOX61 News that they are assisting South Windsor Police in the investigation. Additional details were not immediately available.

Investigators are in the area of Driver and Chipper roads in East Hartford

Police investigation underway in East Hartford | fox61.com

Attachments

• 87CD5E3D-B37B-4CC2-843E-5BF30804E563.jpeg
    87CD5E3D-B37B-4CC2-843E-5BF30804E563.jpeg
    263.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 3BE75C67-3E57-461B-85C5-38ADEC547CA0.jpeg
    3BE75C67-3E57-461B-85C5-38ADEC547CA0.jpeg
    283.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 81DA3F8E-2478-47C6-BE07-4168BFB7FF59.jpeg
    81DA3F8E-2478-47C6-BE07-4168BFB7FF59.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 44
This may be related…

Connecticut State Police told FOX61 News that they are assisting South Windsor Police in the investigation. Additional details were not immediately available.

I saw this just come across twitter. Saying Windsor, E Hartford LE. Seems like it to me. We wait and see.

This may or may not be related to the case, but with South Windsor police involved, it seems likely. It was just posted on WFSB FB.

"Heavy police presence seen in East Hartford neighborhood
EAST HARTFORD, CT (WFSB) -- A police investigation is underway in an East Hartford neighborhood.
Multiple cruisers and officers from East Hartford, South Windsor and CT State Police are being seen on Driver Road and Chipper Drive.
Specific details about the investigation have not yet been released."

Edit- didn't see the similar post above!

This may or may not be related to the case, but with South Windsor police involved, it seems likely. It was just posted on WFSB FB.

"Heavy police presence seen in East Hartford neighborhood
EAST HARTFORD, CT (WFSB) -- A police investigation is underway in an East Hartford neighborhood.
Multiple cruisers and officers from East Hartford, South Windsor and CT State Police are being seen on Driver Road and Chipper Drive.
Specific details about the investigation have not yet been released."
I'd say so.

This may be related…

There's water behind that street... I'll try and figure out the exact part of the street shortly. I feel like there's no way this isn't related given those units.

This does not
Look good as these towns are all in the genera area and close to where she went missing. I saw the photos someone posted about the police presence but I don’t not
See the ct major crimes
Vehicle in any of
The photos

im local to ct and familiar with those areas if anyone has any further questions

There's water behind that street... I'll try and figure out the exact part of the street shortly. I feel like there's no way this isn't related given those units.
Just got an nbc ct alert
Police confirmed it is connected.

Eta:
@_ShannonMiller

@CTWindsorPolice
confirm investigation in East Windsor is connected to search for #JessicaEdwards. #nbcct

[URL="https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/state-police-assisting-south-windsor-east-hartford-police-in-investigation/2493050/"]State Police Major Crimes Squad Assisting in Investigating Into Missing South Windsor Mom in East Hartford
[/URL]

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmpottier