CT - Kent Mawhinney, 54, South Windsor, 21 Jan 2019 *Charged in connection to the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Question? Who is the Judge in this case?
And as Defense attorney I have Jeffrey Kestenband. - Correct? TIA if anyone can help me! Just updating my notes... getting ready for this case! :)
Other than identifying the Court as Stamford JD, the docket provides no additional data to identify the Judge at this time. Perhaps closer to the hearing, the Judge will appear on the calendar/daily docket.

Confirming J Kesteanband as KM's attorney:
The entire statement, obtained by FOX61 Saturday through Mawhinney's attorney, Jeffrey Kestenband, reads:
^^rsbm

Thanks for the reply. I shall go ahead & put him on my 5/15/24 notes as a hearing. :)

edited to add - And I will check in - about the mid-or end of April!
Just an FYI but the date of the "trial list" entry on KM's docket is not 2024 but 5/25/23. I don't think KM has a hearing on 5/15/24 but MT has a hearing this date for her criminal contempt of court charge.

Just an FYI but the date of the "trial list" entry on KM's docket is not 2024 but 5/25/23. I don't think KM has a hearing on 5/15/24 but MT has a hearing this date for her criminal contempt of court charge.

Do you mean I read it wrong.... darn... I thought we might have some movement on his case. I can not access the link you posted - it "timed out". But I will take your word for it! :)

What’s next in the Jennifer Farber Dulos case?”​

I will also post this over in Kent’s thread if it has not already been posted. Anxious for a date on this. My sense has always been that he played a bigger role than what he has been charged with.

“The senseless murder of Jennifer Farber was a horrific crime,” Jeffrey Kestenband said in a written statement following the March verdict. “We hope the verdict in the Troconis case provides a measure of relief for Ms. Farber’s family and friends. That verdict has nothing to do with Kent Mawhinney, however. His name was barely mentioned over six weeks of trial, and for good reason – he was not involved in the death of Jennifer Dulos.”

https://www.wtnh.com/dulos/whats-next-in-the-jennifer-farber-dulos-case/

Apologies if this has already been posted and I missed it.
JMO

Mawhinney is also facing conspiracy to commit murder charges in connection to the disappearance of New Canaan mom, Jennifer Dulos.

I'm very curious what KM is going to do now that there's no mystery about his co-defendants fate. Will he go to trial? Press for a better deal than I think was previously discussed. A prior deal is MOO.

According to the DA, he told the Court that KM did not plan to take the 5th if called as a witness to testify in MT's trial.

I believe this to be true because we know that he talked to the prosecution-- after he spent a year in jail. IMO, he'd still be sitting in jail had he not-- unable to make bond. IMO, it was only after he seemingly agreed to cooperate that his bond was reduced that he was able to secure his release.

Reportedly, KM's DNA was never tested. Does the State have sufficient evidence to convict KM as charged?

2/6/24

A state forensic analyst testified Monday that traces of Michelle Troconis' DNA were found on a bag containing items covered in Jennifer Dulos' DNA in Hartford.
His charge is tied to the morning alibi primarily, isn't it?

No indication (at least that we know of) that he was hands on that afternoon.

One does wonder however if they have more evidence tying him to the crime.

The meat-and-greet the night before
The grave at the gun club
The 7 pm phone call between FD and KM
KM's actual whereabouts from 7 pm the day before until 7 pm the day off
FD's involvement is setting up a "lover's nest" for KM's estranged wife

He's dirty. Just can't say for certain in how many different ways.

JMO

Last edited:
His charge is tied to the morning alibi primarily, isn't it?

No indication (at least that we know of) that he was hands on that afternoon.

One does wonder however if they have more evidence tying him to the crime.

The meat-and-greet the night before
The grave at the gun club
The 7 pm phone call between FD and KM
KM's actual whereabouts from 7 pm the day before until 7 pm the day off
FD's involvement is setting up a "lover's nest" for KM's estranged wife

He's dirty. Just can't say for certain in how many different ways.

JMO
And wasn't he apparently fleeing the state towards Massachusetts when they went to first arrest him?

Wonder if there’s been any follow up/progress on this. Ive always been intrigued by the connection between this information and the deposition of LA in FDs civil case, where FDs attorney asked LA if any of JDs bodyguards were Albanian…(FS, mentioned in article below. Is Albanian, as presumably perhaps could be those who lived at properties he owned he was calling that day…). Wondering if this could be a link to disposal of the body. FD also shipped car(s) to Greece in the weeks immediately following the murder, did these cars potentially contain evidence? Or part of a financial scheme related to disposal?
Just MOO.

“A Manchester used car salesman had his phone seized last year when police discovered a pattern of calls between him and Fotis Dulos’ longtime friend and attorney, Kent Mawhinney, court records show.
Fatos Statovci, who sold cars to Mawhinney and hired him as a lawyer, contends he had nothing to do with the disappearance of the New Canaan mother of five, but said investigators still haven’t returned his phone...
Police questioned Statovci, the owner of Cars on Main in Manchester, in January 2020 after examining Mawhinney’s phone records, according to Statovci and the state police search warrant.
The warrant was obtained a week after Mawhinney was arrested at gunpoint on a conspiracy to commit murder charge in the case. Mawhinney has pleaded not guilty and is free on bond…
A pattern of phone calls involving Fotis Dulos, Mawhinney and Statovci around the time of the disappearance raised suspicions for investigators, according to the search warrant.
Fotis Dulos called Mawhinney several times around the day of the disappearance, and these calls were followed minutes later with the lawyer contacting Statovci, according to the warrant.
Two calls Mawhinney made to Statovci the morning of May 24, 2019, appear to have come from cellphone towers near the Farmington home of Fotis Dulos, the search warrant said.
Police did not find any calls between Fotis Dulos and Statovci, the warrant said. Police were also investigating two men who listed their address as a property belonging to Statovci, the warrant showed.…
A phone number associated with the men called Statovci’s phone on the day Jennifer Dulos disappeared, the search warrant said.
Statovci’s phone records indicated his cellphone was in Massachusetts on the day of the disappearance, according to the warrant. When asked Monday, Statovci denied knowing the two men named in the search warrant.
Mawhinney purchased two used vehicles from Cars on Main, Statovci said. He said he hasn’t spoken to Mawhinney since the lawyer was arrested.
Statovci said police seized his cellphone and have not returned it. He said he hasn’t heard from investigators since their one conversation last year.”

Questions from FD lawyer at LA deposition:
“Q: Did JD ever discuss with you any relationship she had with men other than Fotis prior to 2017 or after 2017?...
Q: Did any of Mrs. Dulos' friends have a white sprinter van?...
Q: Did you ever see a Sprinter van at Jennifer's house?...
Q: Do you know any of the bodyguard's names?...
Q: Are any of them Albanian?...”

Wonder if there’s been any follow up/progress on this. Ive always been intrigued by the connection between this information and the deposition of LA in FDs civil case, where FDs attorney asked LA if any of JDs bodyguards were Albanian…(FS, mentioned in article below. Is Albanian, as presumably perhaps could be those who lived at properties he owned he was calling that day…). Wondering if this could be a link to disposal of the body. FD also shipped car(s) to Greece in the weeks immediately following the murder, did these cars potentially contain evidence? Or part of a financial scheme related to disposal?
Just MOO.

“A Manchester used car salesman had his phone seized last year when police discovered a pattern of calls between him and Fotis Dulos’ longtime friend and attorney, Kent Mawhinney, court records show.
Fatos Statovci, who sold cars to Mawhinney and hired him as a lawyer, contends he had nothing to do with the disappearance of the New Canaan mother of five, but said investigators still haven’t returned his phone...
Police questioned Statovci, the owner of Cars on Main in Manchester, in January 2020 after examining Mawhinney’s phone records, according to Statovci and the state police search warrant.
The warrant was obtained a week after Mawhinney was arrested at gunpoint on a conspiracy to commit murder charge in the case. Mawhinney has pleaded not guilty and is free on bond…
A pattern of phone calls involving Fotis Dulos, Mawhinney and Statovci around the time of the disappearance raised suspicions for investigators, according to the search warrant.
Fotis Dulos called Mawhinney several times around the day of the disappearance, and these calls were followed minutes later with the lawyer contacting Statovci, according to the warrant.
Two calls Mawhinney made to Statovci the morning of May 24, 2019, appear to have come from cellphone towers near the Farmington home of Fotis Dulos, the search warrant said.
Police did not find any calls between Fotis Dulos and Statovci, the warrant said. Police were also investigating two men who listed their address as a property belonging to Statovci, the warrant showed.…
A phone number associated with the men called Statovci’s phone on the day Jennifer Dulos disappeared, the search warrant said.
Statovci’s phone records indicated his cellphone was in Massachusetts on the day of the disappearance, according to the warrant. When asked Monday, Statovci denied knowing the two men named in the search warrant.
Mawhinney purchased two used vehicles from Cars on Main, Statovci said. He said he hasn’t spoken to Mawhinney since the lawyer was arrested.
Statovci said police seized his cellphone and have not returned it. He said he hasn’t heard from investigators since their one conversation last year.”

“Q: Did JD ever discuss with you any relationship she had with men other than Fotis prior to 2017 or after 2017?...

Wasn’t the attorney also implying that LA’s then-boyfriend, who was said to be Albanian, might be involved in Jennifer’s disappearance?

Just MOO.

Sounds like FD had a plan and needed some bodies to effect it. Gave MT ONE JOB -- answer his phone at 8something. But our pal, KM got a bigger job. Make sure MT does HER job. AND arrange whatever clever contact with FS was about. Rather belies the use of burner phones so maybe only FD tried to keep his line pristine.

I wonder why he didn't assign all the phone gymnastics to KM but then part of MT's side hustle must have been to wake up FD's phone at a credible time and walk it around the house like FD was risen and shining and not in New Canaan, and that all needed to happen before KM arrived for the alibi phone call. Still, it would have made more for MT to go on her merry way filling out her ridiculous alibi morning and leave KM to meet with himself. Maybe he refused to answer the phone because that was a bridge too far for him. Judging by the clandestine grave at the gun club, however, I'm not sure there are bridges too far for KM.

What WERE all those extra calls about??????

Why were these individuals willing to ally with FD over such a sinister plot? And not just KM. I question anyone on the other end of the line, here in the US or abroad (hello, Greece), especially where there is disdain for women, wives, ex-wives and where there's a lust for money.

JMO

Sounds like FD had a plan and needed some bodies to effect it. Gave MT ONE JOB -- answer his phone at 8something. But our pal, KM got a bigger job. Make sure MT does HER job. AND arrange whatever clever contact with FS was about. Rather belies the use of burner phones so maybe only FD tried to keep his line pristine.

I wonder why he didn't assign all the phone gymnastics to KM but then part of MT's side hustle must have been to wake up FD's phone at a credible time and walk it around the house like FD was risen and shining and not in New Canaan, and that all needed to happen before KM arrived for the alibi phone call. Still, it would have made more for MT to go on her merry way filling out her ridiculous alibi morning and leave KM to meet with himself. Maybe he refused to answer the phone because that was a bridge too far for him. Judging by the clandestine grave at the gun club, however, I'm not sure there are bridges too far for KM.

Why were these individuals willing to ally with FD over such a sinister plot? And not just KM. I question anyone on the other end of the line, here in the US or abroad (hello, Greece), especially where there is disdain for women, wives, ex-wives and where there's a lust for money.

JMO
There are absolutely people in Greece who knew about this prior to the murder-and FS’s role in this has always had my wheels turning. Since there is no evidence that Jennifer’s body made its way to MIRA, I have considered the possibility that FS was involved in making sure her remains would never be found.

Just MOO.

Just for the record, the news links are from December 2019 and July 2021. I just about had a cardiac moment!

JMO
If Kent answered the call, and MT just alibied herself, she could easily have turned on them both. MT HAD to have at least one provable criminal job.

Fotis wasn't as smart as he thought he was, but he wasn't dumb enough to let MT turn State's witness, either.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02
Back