CT - Kevin Jiang, 26, Yale grad student, fatally shot off campus, New Haven, 6 Feb 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No offense to Mr. Roane, but a car salesman trusted someone?

This Pan must be real convincing. What was he doing in a junkyard?

He may have been looking for a license plate. You can sometimes find them in a scrap yard, either still attached or laying around.

Why did he visit so many car dealerships? Was stealing one always the plan? He was test driving all of these cars and basically making excuses to take the cars out of the dealerships (I’m going to get it checked out by my mechanic). What was he actually doing with the cars?

Reward offered in search for man sought in connection with fatal shooting of Yale graduate student
more at link
The U.S. Marshals Service is offering up to $5,000 for information that could lead to the location and arrest of a 29-year-old Massachusetts man named as a person of interest in the fatal shooting of Kevin Jiang, a Yale graduate student last weekend in Connecticut.

The man authorities are seeking, Qinxuan Pan, could be staying with friends or family in the Duluth or Brookhaven areas of Georgia, the agency said in a news release. Pan was last seen driving in that area — near Atlanta — with family members early Thursday.

Family members told authorities that Pan was carrying a black backpack and acting strangely, according to the U.S. Marshals Service. The agency’s violent fugitive task force has been asked by local police to help locate Pan, who authorities said should be considered armed and dangerous.

This is just horrible. I feel so sorry for Kevin. He looked like such a sweet, smart, kind-hearted young man.

I have the feeling the killer has serious mental health issues and he may have already committed suicide. He obviously has firearm access. Maybe he hid in a secluded place and shot himself. If he was last seen with family members, he may have been familiar with the area. What were his favorite places there? Maybe start looking in those vicinities.

Wow this is heartbreaking. So young and just newly engaged with their lives fully ahead of them.

I wonder if he went to multiple dealerships to try and get a salesperson to do what this one ended up doing - letting him leave with a vehicle to "take to his mechanic." Maybe the other car salesmen weren't as trusting and said no so he went elsewhere until someone gave in. My thought is he wanted a vehicle that wasn't tied to him to commit this crime in, though obviously if it was tracked to the dealership, they could tell police who had the car. All MOO

Wow this is heartbreaking. So young and just newly engaged with their lives fully ahead of them.

I wonder if he went to multiple dealerships to try and get a salesperson to do what this one ended up doing - letting him leave with a vehicle to "take to his mechanic." Maybe the other car salesmen weren't as trusting and said no so he went elsewhere until someone gave in. My thought is he wanted a vehicle that wasn't tied to him to commit this crime in, though obviously if it was tracked to the dealership, they could tell police who had the car. All MOO
I still don't understand how the salesperson let him do that. It makes no sense. If someone wants a vehicle looked at by a mechanic, they should just bring the mechanic to the dealership.

Also, can you just take a car to do a test drive without signing something or leaving an ID at the dealership? I still don't get how he was able to pull this off.

I also don't understand what he thought he would get from killing Kevin. What was the point? Revenge? Okay, and then what? I wouldn't be surprised if he commited suicide already.

A little bit of new news from the New Haven Register:

U.S. Marshals 'making headway' in manhunt tied to Yale slaying

Though Duffy said he couldn’t go into too much detail, he said he remains “confident” that Pan is located somewhere in Georgia, where he was last seen on Thursday.

“We’re still running down some leads and checking out some information before we make any moves,” Duffy said Monday afternoon.

• U.S. Marshals 'making headway' in manhunt tied to Yale slaying
    1200x0.jpg

''Though Duffy said he couldn’t go into too much detail, he said he remains “confident” that Pan is located somewhere in Georgia, where he was last seen on Thursday.

“We’re still running down some leads and checking out some information before we make any moves,” Duffy said Monday afternoon.

Though Duffy described Pan as “a very intelligent kid,” he did not doubt that he would be apprehended.''

I get it. He has either relatives or friends or both in Duluth and Brookhaven. But if I understand things correctly - he was only seen (riding in a car with family, early in the morning on Thursday 2/11) - in just one of the two locations. So which one was it? Was it Duluth, or was it Brookhaven?

The two communities are almost 20 miles apart. It might help those trying to keep an eye out for him if they knew which community he'd actually been seen in. I don't understand why LE won't clear this matter up immediately (if for no other reason than out of concern for the safety of the people who live and work in those communities). What's up LE?

• U.S. Marshals 'making headway' in manhunt tied to Yale slaying
    1200x0.jpg

''Though Duffy said he couldn’t go into too much detail, he said he remains “confident” that Pan is located somewhere in Georgia, where he was last seen on Thursday.

Though Duffy described Pan as “a very intelligent kid,” he did not doubt that he would be apprehended.''
Hmmm ... any thoughts on why the Marshals would say that they were confident he is in GA before he is actually apprehended? Seems odd to me, but I am no expert.

Feb 16 2021 rbbm.
Manhunt for person of interest in Yale student's murder focused on Georgia: US Marshals
''Speaking over the phone with Fox News Tuesday, Matthew Duffy, a U.S. Marshals Service spokesman with the District of Connecticut Violent Fugitive Task Force, said their search remains centered on the Brookhaven and Duluth areas. He said these types of manhunts can sometimes be lengthy investigations, and efforts to locate Pan and bring him in for questioning have surpassed the first week.

"We are still concentrating our efforts there," Duffy said, referring to the region in Georgia. "There are two investigations going on simultaneously: The death investigation out of New Haven and the fugitive investigation."
''
U.S. Marshals said he could possibly be staying with friends or family in the Duluth or Brookhaven areas, and individuals should not attempt to apprehend him themselves. Anyone with information regarding Pan’s whereabouts should contact the U.S. Marshals at 1-877-Wanted-2 (1-877-926-8332).''

I still don't understand how the salesperson let him do that. It makes no sense. If someone wants a vehicle looked at by a mechanic, they should just bring the mechanic to the dealership.

Also, can you just take a car to do a test drive without signing something or leaving an ID at the dealership? I still don't get how he was able to pull this off.

I also don't understand what he thought he would get from killing Kevin. What was the point? Revenge? Okay, and then what? I wouldn't be surprised if he commited suicide already.
In my area, some dealerships require an employee to go with you on a test drive. But a lot will let you just take it on your own for a drive. I am not aware of there being a problem with thefts.

In my area, some dealerships require an employee to go with you on a test drive. But a lot will let you just take it on your own for a drive. I am not aware of there being a problem with thefts.
I imagine they checked his ID and took down his info. Remember it’s a used car dealership, so they may be more loosey goosey.

My partner definitely took a new test drive home on his own so I could check it out (I was home with kids)... we had it a few hours at least... maybe even overnight... but we left our trade in vehicle on the lot. And I am sure they took down our info.

So it's been 3 days since the last update from the US Marshals, right? I can't believe this guy (QP) hasn't been located yet!

This case really disturbs me... The calousness of how it allegedly unfolded, with each evil act seemingly meticulously calculated towards an end goal (KJ's violent death), leads me to fear for the safety of my neighbor folks in Georgia (if that is where he actually is!).

Where could he be?

Feb 19 2021
Community raises concerns over public safety, shuttle service after Jiang’s death
''After the shooting death of Yale graduate student Kevin Jiang ENV ’22 in early February, students and community members are expressing concerns over public safety on campus and raising questions about whether the Yale Shuttle service is equitable.''

''Senior Vice President of Operations Jack Callahan told the News that the University was already engaged in improving public safety through the Yale Police Department and broader security forces, but that recent deaths in the city have added to the number of voices speaking up about public safety at Yale. He said that administrators have heard particularly from graduate students living in the East Rock area — the site of Jiang’s death — as well as from faculty, staff and parents.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back