GUILTY CT - Peter Manfredonia, 23, suspect in two murders with a samurai sword, Willington, May 2020 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So the MD info is 30 hours old? Why did we not receive the info about the MD location sooner? I appreciate he isn’t to be approached, but surely people should be given info of where to be on the lookout for anything suspicious?? Not just to support the investigation but for their own protection...
They did. Said he was possibly headed to Jersey City, NJ. Not exactly on the way to Maryland. IMO

The thing that confuses me even more is his stance on gun violence. He was very against it following Sandy Hook. I don't get it. How does a person go from being very much against gun violence and then doing something like this? I don't know, but thinking about how he was looking for that girl makes me think that he wanted to go on the run with her or something. I would think he would've killed more people by now if his plan was to go on a killing spree.

Exactly. He doesn't seem to be going on a killing spree necessarily, but I'm sure he will kill anyone who gets in the way of whatever his final goal may be.

Schizophrenia. That’s how a smart seemingly well-adjusted kid snaps into a disturbed killer. He’s the right age for average onset. His lawyer said he has been struggling with mental illness for the past few years but his family thought it was under control. I’m sure the strain of COVID completely disrupting his routine - no job, no school, no friends - exacerbated his underlying condition. Of course not everyone with schizophrenia turns violent but it is very difficult to live with and needs careful management.

Could be Schizo, could be a handful of other mental disorders that have now emerged due to the dramatic life change that COVID19 has brought on. Unfortunately the early 20's are the prime time for these so-called "breaks" to happen, as the brain is finishing up its final stages of prefrontal development. Regardless of what he might be suffering from, he most definitely needs a LOT of help.

I'll never be able to wrap my head around things like this. PM was an honors student at UConn with a job as a bouncer at the local bar. His LinkedIn profile indicates that he clearly had a bright future ahead of him. However, he was obviously struggling on the inside.

This is a picture of only part of his wall...the "Adam" referenced in the writings is none other than the Sandy Hook shooter, who just so happened to have grown up near PM. As weird as this is, it's not my main point.

My main point is a question rather than a statement. Why? How could an honors student with a (from what I've heard) clean record do such terrible things? Based on the writings and the fact that these behaviors just don't make sense, I have to assume that he suffered from a psychotic break. I feel so badly for his family and the families of the victims.

Prayers for everyone. Let's hope they find him before he takes more lives.

I mean, from the video of this kid's room, there is a LOT of writing on the walls. My guess would be schizophrenia. Above Adam Lanza and Thanos snapping is the statement, "It's so crazy it just might work!" I wouldn't assume this kid had normal behaviors and characteristics to begin with and then one day did not. This suggests some real ongoing disorder that is bubbling to the surface. I read he's been in and out of therapy. That's a very good point elsewhere that quarantine experience may be worsening symptoms.

Adam Lanza had significant developmental and mental health struggles that the parents either ignored, indulged, or just plain didn't understand and address, and the mother kept weapons with easy access in the home. Unfortunately, this kid is another highly public, violent way of coming to terms with an illness where you wouldn't normally expect violence. The difference here is this kid has resorted to criminal activity to acquire a cache of weapons. The scarier question is if he abducted that girl and let her go, what is his plan with this bag of weapons?

Now is a time to be glad school is not in session right now.

So the MD info is 30 hours old? Why did we not receive the info about the MD location sooner? I appreciate he isn’t to be approached, but surely people should be given info of where to be on the lookout for anything suspicious?? Not just to support the investigation but for their own protection...

Yeah, the evidence of his bedroom makes me very concerned about his plans with this bag of weapons.

They did. Said he was possibly headed to Jersey City, NJ. Not exactly on the way to Maryland. IMO
If there is truth to him heading towards Jersey City, it sounds like he could be heading back towards CT. Or he could get almost to the Jersey Shore and head South, staying slightly inland where you have the Pine Barrens and tons of dirt back roads that only locals typically venture on. This route could put him down at the tip of South Jersey where he could catch a ferry or some other boat across into MD.

I mean, from the video of this kid's room, there is a LOT of writing on the walls. My guess would be schizophrenia. Above Adam Lanza and Thanos snapping is the statement, "It's so crazy it just might work!" I wouldn't assume this kid had normal behaviors and characteristics to begin with and then one day did not. This suggests some real ongoing disorder that is bubbling to the surface. I read he's been in and out of therapy. That's a very good point elsewhere that quarantine experience may be worsening symptoms.

Adam Lanza had significant developmental and mental health struggles that the parents either ignored, indulged, or just plain didn't understand and address, and the mother kept weapons with easy access in the home. Unfortunately, this kid is another highly public, violent way of coming to terms with an illness where you wouldn't normally expect violence. The difference here is this kid has resorted to criminal activity to acquire a cache of weapons. The scarier question is if he abducted that girl and let her go, what is his plan with this bag of weapons?

I personally know a few students from UConn (I'm also a college senior) who were friends with him / knew him well, and believe it or not, he seemed completely normal at the surface. That's why these disorders are so scary- you never know when the person might be pushed over the edge and all hell will break loose.

Exactly. He doesn't seem to be going on a killing spree necessarily, but I'm sure he will kill anyone who gets in the way of whatever his final goal may be.
We don't really know, though. Perhaps he broke into someone's house or stole a car, killing people while doing so...but nobody knows yet. Terrifying to think of that.

jmo

Does anyone else think the picture of PM with the longer hair where he’s looking upwards and smiling looks like a mugshot? The reason I ask is because I haven’t seen any indication of a corresponding arrest. In my experience, if an arrest results in a mental health intervention or hospitalization, the arrest will often not end up on the public record. If that’s the case, I suspect he spent some time being observed at some point in the past few years.

We don't really know, though. Perhaps he broke into someone's house or stole a car, killing people while doing so...but nobody knows yet. Terrifying to think of that.

jmo

Right! That's the scary thing - we don't know and we can't predict anyone's behavior. All I'm thankful for is the fact that school isn't in session (at least in person) right now.. that's all I can think about.

Does anyone else think the picture of PM with the longer hair where he’s looking upwards and smiling looks like a mugshot? The reason I ask is because I haven’t seen any indication of a corresponding arrest. In my experience, if an arrest results in a mental health intervention or hospitalization, the arrest will often not end up on the public record. If that’s the case, I suspect he spent some time being observed at some point in the past few years.
I was thinking it was a student ID, but I don't know.

jmo

i AGREE AND WONDERED THIS TOO.
Girls at UConn had notified campus police and the state police about his erratic behavior.
Other articles say kids called him "weird".
And when a reporter checked w/ UConn about any past behavior problems, UConn would not answer.
Often when a young person is caught they can
be given a pass if parents seem involved and
supportive.
So my guess is this is not the first problems this
young man has had. But now he's out on his own, own apt. had a job or two and he's more
adult like and independent.
Parents have not said when they last talked to him.

The car that was abandoned in NJ Truck Stop (Knowlton Township) is the second Exit on Route 80 from me. So when I first heard the name I instantly connected the name to Michael Manfredonia who murdered Rachel Domas in 1985 in Long Valley NJ (about 25/30 minutes) from this truck stop. Wondering out loud if the Manfredonia family in Connecticut is related to the Manfredonia family in NJ and if perhaps Peter was looking for them and got lost.

Based on his movements and most recent whereabouts, he's got three options from Hagerstown: Take the 70 toward Baltimore/D.C. in the East, go west on the 68, or keep going south on the 81. Just look at his trajectory. Looks like he took the 81 through PA to Chambersberg, and continued south on 81 to Hagerstown. Maybe he'll stay on the 81 and go southwest-ish into Virginia?

School shooter ? And with no schools open now - mall? jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back