GUILTY CT - Peter Manfredonia, 23, suspect in two murders with a samurai sword, Willington, May 2020 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for this very compassionate post. So, very true. The family must be devastated and experiencing many mixed emotions.
We have witnessed mental illness in our family and it is very hard to watch a break. The family must of felt helpless.

Connecticut State Police Trooper First Class Christine Jeltema said “there could be state charges, federal charges, all of which will be worked out in the coming days.”

She added, “the suspect will face justice and this will bring closure. This is what’s important for the families of the victims.”

Agent Charles Grady with the Connecticut FBI office said Manfredonia could face federal charges for allegedly taking the woman across state lines. “There are a plethora of crimes involved,” Grady told Hearst Connecticut Media. “The federal nexus is the kidnapping.”

Connecticut State Police detectives remain in Maryland on Thursday where Manfredonia is espected to be formally charged. Manfredonia will also face an extradiction hearing before he can be returned to Connecticut.

Peter Manfredonia held in Maryland jail, expected to face multiple charges

So glad to hear he's in custody and the public is
no longer threatened by his freedom.
I have so many questions about this guy and
my main thought right now is: Since I've only know one person that was described to have had a psychotic break- why does someone like PM
resort to vicious violence and brutality to some
of his victims? Was he always a violent person?
Would like to see a timeline of his life and his
psychological problems. Did he always exhibit
maladjustment?
Still want to hear what he was like as a child.
Surely he was tested in/during school if he had
problems.
Was he hyperactive? ADD? ADHD?
Off to read more on cases like this. And on research into psychotic breaks.

So glad to hear he's in custody and the public is
no longer threatened by his freedom.
I have so many questions about this guy and
my main thought right now is: Since I've only know one person that was described to have had a psychotic break- why does someone like PM
resort to vicious violence and brutality to some
of his victims? Was he always a violent person?
Would like to see a timeline of his life and his
psychological problems. Did he always exhibit
maladjustment?
Still want to hear what he was like as a child.
Surely he was tested in/during school if he had
problems.
Was he hyperactive? ADD? ADHD?
Off to read more on cases like this. And on research into psychotic breaks.

Some insight into PM in the article below, with a neighbor’s interview.

“This is totally out of character“ >> (Said by every spree killer’s neighbor..ever) IMO

Manfredonia arrested: What we know about the double homicide suspect, his deep roots in Sandy Hook

As a frequent Uber Rider and occasionally privacy concerned citizen I can report that it is incredibly easy to use rideshare apps semi anonymously. Buy burner phone in cash, make an anonymous email account to associate with an Uber account and then use prepaid cards paid in cash.

This won't protect you from a multiple agency manhunt for long I imagine.

Some insight into PM in the article below, with a neighbor’s interview.

“This is totally out of character“ >> (Said by every spree killer’s neighbor..ever) IMO

Manfredonia arrested: What we know about the double homicide suspect, his deep roots in Sandy Hook
Interesting perspective from a family neighbor.
If you take all the comments so far from family, friends, school friends etc. IMO, it looks like
PM has had some emotional problems that
escalated in the last 4-5 years.
Was that because while he lived at home with his mother, siblings his problems were managed either through therapy or medication and good support.
When he went off to college he didn't have direct daily support from family. Maybe he hadn't learned to handle his problems on his own. Maybe regular therapy stopped. Maybe he no longer took his prescribed medication.
Did he partake in college drinking parties?
Drug use? These can both be triggers for someone who's emotional state is fragile to begin with.
My guess is like someone earlier said that perhaps the isolation of the C-Virus was also
a trigger. No more routine, close support system. He was of age that he didn't have to continue therapy or answer to his parent's management or supervision. He aged out of
being managed. No adult in charge and he
couldn't do it on his own.
Such a sad situation.
And so sad that he had to perpetrate such violence and trauma on others.
Just my opinion as I try to figure out how this could have happened.

This might sound a bit dark, but I'm really curious about what his actual "goal" was, where he was going and what was he trying to do.

It sounds like there may be a lot more to this story that is eventually going to come out. Here are a few quotes from a just posted story online:

“Although we’ve sped through this week and we’ve accomplished so much – we have so much more to do to bring justice to this case,” the source noted.

“During the questioning, authorities received very valuable information that was not available to them before and have now been able to cohobate which will yet come to be proven in a court of law.”

“For those individuals who have information come forward now,” the source warned. “Every second you withhold information, you are only making things worse for yourself, and worse for the families involved.”

Connecticut Killer Peter Manfredonia Gives Feds and Cops Statement with 'Critical Information'

From
Connecticut Killer Peter Manfredonia Gives Feds and Cops Statement with 'Critical Information' :

Interesting... 2 other bodies found but unsure of a connection, a stop in Greenwich...

It is becoming very intriguing, especially the "better come forward before we come to you" statement.

I hope there was no one helping him or worse yet, shielding him after he started his murderous path.

The article states that he is in CT. According to the CT Post, "The search for Peter Manfredonia, the 23-year-old man wanted in the killings of two Connecticut men, ended Wednesday night near a truck stop in Hagerstown, Maryland.

On the run for six days, the search extended from Connecticut into Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Maryland.

On Thursday, the University of Connecticut senior and 2015 Newtown High School graduate, remains behind bars in a Maryland state police barracks.

Manfredonia “is being processed in Washington County (Maryland) and will be held there as a fugitive, pending extradition proceedings from Connecticut,” Maryland State Police said early Thursday." Peter Manfredonia held in Maryland jail, expected to face multiple charges

Not sure this article is accurate on any or all points.

It sounds like there may be a lot more to this story that is eventually going to come out. Here are a few quotes from a just posted story online:

“Although we’ve sped through this week and we’ve accomplished so much – we have so much more to do to bring justice to this case,” the source noted.

“During the questioning, authorities received very valuable information that was not available to them before and have now been able to cohobate which will yet come to be proven in a court of law.”

“For those individuals who have information come forward now,” the source warned. “Every second you withhold information, you are only making things worse for yourself, and worse for the families involved.”

Connecticut Killer Peter Manfredonia Gives Feds and Cops Statement with 'Critical Information'
Oh boy, this sounds like he wasn't alone all this time. Yikes.

Interesting... 2 other bodies found but unsure of a connection, a stop in Greenwich...

It is becoming very intriguing, especially the "better come forward before we come to you" statement.

I hope there was no one helping him or worse yet, shielding him after he started his murderous path.

But, can we trust anonymous sources? I don't know.
he's a pretty smart guy. I hope he isn't manipulating a sob story of previous abuse or sexual abuse ..made him do it.
Maybe there was abuse in his childhood.
He learned to act out with rage and violence
from somewhere. Was it from violent video games? Violent football? I know from personal experience some coaches promote violence and hurting the opposing players.
Regardless, this is still a sad, sad story.

I realize he’s been on the run for days and outside in elements for most of that time, but still what a contrast to the pictures of the smiling, well-kept, clean cut looking young man his social media photos shows. Especially the eyes though. Something definitely broke or let loose in him.
His FB use stopped last Aug. 2019. So have we had any more current pics in last 9 months?
I still wonder if he wasn't binge drinking or drugging. Maybe even steroid use since he was
hung up on doing an Iron Man.
His eyes in mugshot look sunken and depraved. Drug use comes first to me.
JMO.

I didn't realize he actually had a dog.
I thought the dog in the pics with him was Johnathan the Husky.
I also wonder if he was living off campus because he was kicked out of the frat house.
Supposedly the dog in the pictures was "Vail",
same dog that was on his FB. And a UConn female friend was going to go back to school area to look for the dog. She mentioned he's been missing.

I didn't realize he actually had a dog.
I thought the dog in the pics with him was Johnathan the Husky.
I also wonder if he was living off campus because he was kicked out of the frat house.
also WHO paid the $1,000 mo. for the apt. rent?
and he lived there alone according to his landlord.
Also if his FB is still up, which it was last night,
go back and compare the photos and pics he posted from high school and compare them to more recent college years.
To me, it looked like his high school years show
a happy, confident, active in sports, getting lots of attention from football, prom pics w/ nice young girl, etc. Now fast forward to college years and things slowed down socially.
Was he used to getting lots of accolades and attention? Money was no problem. He went skiing (not a cheap activity), skydiving, horseback riding, was an
exchange student to China, etc.
So was it that in high school he was a "Big Man
on Campus" ? Big fish in a small pond?
And he goes off to college and he's just an average Joe. Nothing special with all the other
sharp kids there.?? For an attention seeker, this could be a huge letdown.
Plus he was due to graduate in 2019 but didn't.
Was he slouching? Too much partying? Not
smart enough? What happened here?

As a frequent Uber Rider and occasionally privacy concerned citizen I can report that it is incredibly easy to use rideshare apps semi anonymously. Buy burner phone in cash, make an anonymous email account to associate with an Uber account and then use prepaid cards paid in cash.

This won't protect you from a multiple agency manhunt for long I imagine.

Interesting info...and a bit scary.
Thank you for this @Afschu and....
Welcome to Websleuths!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member