GUILTY CT - Peter Manfredonia, 23, suspect in two murders with a samurai sword, Willington, May 2020 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lots of students live off campus for various reasons. Maybe he didn't want to have any roommates, maybe he wanted to be able to throw parties, who knows. I don't think he had any "problems" with other students, from the looks of it, he had friends and was very social. Things might have gone downhill pretty fast recently.
As I recall when this first broke there was information about his having previous problems w/ campus police and LE. So I do believe there were problems prior to this. moo
Also in the arrest affidavit he stated he had only one friend. didn't say if it was male or female.
It'll be interesting to see the patterns in his behavior the last few years.
Also I wondered if he wasn't 'delayed' in social maturation for his age: if you saw his fb, he seemed to be more in the mix of social activities due to his playing football. Due to his size, he would be considered a valuable player
and socially "acceptable" even if behind in maturity.
But when he got to UConn, the photos didn't show as much social acceptance, at least to me anyway. jmho.

As I recall when this first broke there was information about his having previous problems w/ campus police and LE. So I do believe there were problems prior to this. moo
Also in the arrest affidavit he stated he had only one friend. didn't say if it was male or female.
It'll be interesting to see the patterns in his behavior the last few years.
Also I wondered if he wasn't 'delayed' in social maturation for his age: if you saw his fb, he seemed to be more in the mix of social activities due to his playing football. Due to his size, he would be considered a valuable player
and socially "acceptable" even if behind in maturity.
But when he got to UConn, the photos didn't show as much social acceptance, at least to me anyway. jmho.
If I recall correctly, his Instagram showed a whole different picture. Lots of friends, trips to Europe, frat parties... Those were college pictures. What is scary in this case is that he looked... normal.

Aha. I didn't see the IG pics. But I do remember thinking about his HS pics, he looked like a HUGE 12 yr. old even though he was hs age, his demeanor looked very immature to me.
Course some hs age boys are very immature
compared to girls.
Will we see this as a case of hormones taking over and he went crazy wild when girlfriends
entered the picture?
Yeah pictures can be deceiving. But I still think when he got to college, he was behind in the
mental/emotional scale. And his good looks
got his foot in the door in meeting girls, but they soon found out he was 'off' is some ways.

I saw the Instagram photos and agree -- his photos were filled with friends and he appeared to be well-liked. BUT... most of his images w/ friends were older (possibly even as far back as high school). I do think there were some issues at school recently. The arrest warrant affidavit indicates the university police gave investigators information about the girl who lived near the first attack. The UC police must have documents in his file that mention this girl by her name and address.

@T2Fox61

https://twitter.com/T2Fox61/status/1285602272915918848
The Atty for murder victim Nick Eisele’s girlfriend, who was allegedly kidnapped by Peter Manfredonia, read a statement from his client. “Nicholas Eisele will forever be remembered as a loving, protective boyfriend, but also a hero following his own selfless actions on that day.”

(Wonder if they will use insanity as the defense)

From above article
“Manfredonia told her that the guy on the 4-wheeler [DeMers] was not the intended target and that he said something that triggered him and he snapped,” she told police. “Manfredonia said he was trying to escape and innocent people got in the way ... Manfredonia told her that he killed the people, including Nick, because they said something that triggered him and he snapped.”

So he ensured that his first kidnap victim was able to use the bathroom, was fed, watered etc and got to watch tv. He then gave his second kidnap victim gas money for her trouble! It’s odd, considering he had just killed two people, he was being pretty considerate of his other victims. It sounds like we are dealing with two completely different people here, yet we are dealing with just the one.

Why did he not kill his kidnap victims? Is it because they didn’t say anything to trigger him and therefore he didn’t snap again? Is it because he already knew he was in enough trouble? Is it because he was suffering from a paranoid delusion? We know he suffered with those or similar, based on the writings on his apartment walls.

I think the fact he was considerate of his two kidnap victims tells us a lot about who he really is and it corresponds with his social media posts suggesting that he is a humanitarian type and/or generally a considerate and kind person who helps others. Unfortunately, some type of mental illness took over his life and led him to commit these horrendous murders. Two completely innocent people, dead because he snapped.

IMO, this is someone who was clearly capable of functioning well in life until he was off his meds. Did nobody notice that he was going off the rails and step in to intervene? Especially if he had suicidal and homicidal thoughts in the past.

Incredibly sad for the victims and families involved, but also sad for him. Someone so young has ruined his life, simply because he chose not to take his meds. MOO.

Tough situation, for sure.
Is this case still proceeding towards a criminal trial or is it in limbo due to his mental condition? Haven't seen or heard any news.
TIA-

I agree - it’s gone mostly silent.

There had been a continuance to Sept. 5. If that date was originally scheduled for the probable cause hearing, then it was waived by PM’s attorney “for strategic reasons”.

“During the court appearance on charges of murder, attempted murder, first-degree assault, home invasion, kidnapping and other offenses related to the crimes police say he committed in Willington, Manfredonia opted for a jury trail.“

Manfredonia’s next court appearance had been scheduled for Oct. 2.”
Attorney: Waiving probable cause hearing a ‘strategic’ move for Peter Manfredonia

I assume he’s still on suicide and mental health watch while in custody at Garner. Inmate info here:
Department of Correction Inmate Information Search

“The Garner Correctional Institution is a level four facility for male inmates with mental health issues, located in Newton, Connecticut. This institution incarcerates both pretrial and sentenced offenders.“
https://prisoninsight.com/correctional-facilities/state/connecticut/garner-correctional-institution/

Last edited:
Two pre-trial conference dates have been set.
(3 separate dockets).

10/2/2020 at 10 am (Tolland JD)

53a-54a MURDER A Felony 1 5/22/2020 Not Guilty
53a-54a ATTEMPT TO COMMIT MURDER B Felony 1 5/22/2020 Not Guilty
53a-59a ASSLT 1- VCTM ELDERLY OR OTHER B Felony 1 5/22/2020 Not Guilty
53a-100aa HOME INVASION A Felony 1 5/23/2020 Not Guilty
53a-92a KIDNAP 1ST DEG-FIREARM A Felony 1 5/23/2020 Not Guilty
53a-134 ROBBERY 1ST DEG B Felony 1 5/24/2020 Not Guilty
53a-122 LARCENY 1ST DEG B Felony 1 5/24/2020 Not Guilty
53a-212 STEALING FIREARM C Felony 1 5/24/2020 Not Guilty
53a-212 STEALING FIREARM C Felony 1 5/24/2020 Not Guilty
53a-61a ASSLT 3- VCTM ELDERLY OR OTHER A Misdemeanor 1 5/23/2020 Not Guilty