GUILTY CT - Peter Manfredonia, 23, suspect in two murders with a samurai sword, Willington, May 2020 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting.
The arrest warrant affidavits, which may explain motivations for the crimes, were ordered sealed by the judge for 14 days.

Yes we'll have to see if they're released this week.
Do warrants usually establish motives? IDK.

Or maybe we have to deduce our own motives.

Poster UConnSportsGuy had the best explanation, so far to explain the 'whys' of these crimes.
Would love to have a Psychiatrist fill in the blanks, as there's many questions here.

Yes we'll have to see if they're released this week.
Do warrants usually establish motives? IDK.

Or maybe we have to deduce our own motives.

Poster UConnSportsGuy had the best explanation, so far to explain the 'whys' of these crimes.
Would love to have a Psychiatrist fill in the blanks, as there's many questions here.
The motive only makes sense in PM's head. I don't care what is in his head. I am grateful that the person with information and pics of the mad writings on the wall of PM's room stepped forward. IMO, PM's friends and past acquaintances know the nature of the madness and they are lawyering up and/or trying to protect their own identities out of fear for their own physical safety or lack of funds to hire their own lawyer to beat back bullying from PM's family funded attorney. Because PM's would be victims know that PM can theoretically be out on bail and, $5mm bail is affordable to the family, and PM is likely to come after them, IMO. Perhaps PM is a super nice guy when he is taking his meds. But a conscious decision was made NOT to take them, knowing the probable violent and sudden result, IMO. That, to me, is sufficient to keep him in a hospital, involuntarily medicated, while he poses a threat to his potential victims, one in Wilmington and potential scores of other girls he fancied and their families. What about the families who are living in fear of the CT justice system loopholes that appear to grant some favors for local attorneys over the protection of the victims and the public, IMO? I am thinking about Jennifer Dulos. I am thinking about the case of the minor twin brother in West Hartford who attacked his mother and murdered his twin sister, the offspring of the privileged, connected and supporters of local attorney good old boy network, who will be released in a few years when he is "better". Thankful the judge in Tolland had some sense and raised PM's bail to $7mm, which is not high enough given that PM hacked a stranger to death, attacked an elderly passerby and shot a friend, among other crimes, known or unknown. The friend/aquaintance in Wilmington needs police protection and funds to relocate, possibly with a new identity. I'm scared for her. MOO.

Excellent post, Pandaknows.
I agree w/ so much of what you said.
To me the bottom line is this: Regardless of his age or mental problems, this man is an imminent danger to society. He obviously cannot be trusted to maintain his own equilibrium to be a member of the community.
He most likely should not have been out on his own and away at school and long before this
eruption, others knew of the danger he posed.
Who were those others? Probably his family,
his psychiatrist, school officials and maybe friends.
They all had to know he was a ticking time bomb who could go off at any time. How did it get to this point? Others looking the other way
and hoping it didn't happen? Surely professionals who were familiar with him knew the possibilities.
Was he totally on his own, living on his own and no responsible persons looking after him?
Why not? With his past mental problems surely others knew the potential and ignored
the possibilities.
I don't think this man is suitable to have any bail amount given to him. He should be locked
up indefinitely for the sake of the community.
But money will probably get him out again but
who will take responsibility for him? It's clear
he can't do it for himself.

From that link:

High-pitched screams. Deep slashes to the head and upper body. A severed hand and fingers. A blood-stained Samurai sword.

:eek:

University of Connecticut police provided more information on Manfredonia, including the name and address of a “known female acquaintance” of his who lived near the crime scene, the warrant stated.

The woman told troopers she last saw Manfredonia on May 18 when she discovered he hacked into her social media accounts, the warrant stated. The woman said she had considered getting a restraining order against Manfredonia, the warrant stated.

On May 24, state troopers received a call from Derby police reporting an abandoned Ford F-150 truck found abandoned near Osbornedale State Park. The vehicle was registered to a man who lived about a mile from where the motorcycle was ditched in Willington.

After trying to reach the man by phone and knocking on his door, troopers forced their way into his home where they found the 73-year-old tied to a chair in the basement, according to the warrant.

The man told troopers that around 5:15 a.m. May 23, he “woke up abruptly to a male with a gun to the back of my neck and shouting at me not to turn around or he would blow my (expletive) brains out.”

The man told state police that he “asked if (Manfredonia) wants to talk about what took place with the murder and he told me that he hadn’t slept for five days and he just flipped,” according to the arrest warrant.

Last edited:
that he hadn’t slept for five days and he just flipped,” according to the arrest warrant.
Wished the guy had asked him WHY he hadn't slept for 5 days.
Was PM taking drugs? trying out LSD?
Playing with Meth?
Popping stimulants?
Something was going on to allow him to stay up 5 days.
moo

In the HARTFORD COURANT ARTICLE LINKED ABOVE, LE says PM has a history of
situations with LE where suicide and Homicidal
Ideation were involved.
His psychiatric history should be very interesting, Since his parents and attorney claim he had no violent history.
The wiki article on homicidal ideation shows
there were hints of violent thoughts in his past
if LE was called.
Homicidal ideation - Wikipedia

a few more details in this Courant article-
the girl PM was trying to see had been seeing PM and broke up w/ him on May 18 because he he hacked her SM accts.
PM stole food, money, truck and ALCOHOL from the old man hostage.
‘He just flipped:' Arrest warrants reveal new details in Peter Manfredonia case; UConn student led police on multi-state manhunt after murders

Ahhh... so the breakup likely kept him up all night. The break up happened on May 18 and then five days later he attacked her neighbor. But... he'd likely been teetering on a very thin line for a long time before that.

^^ I've also seen mention that she broke it off with him back in April. Not sure which is accurate.
would also like to see LE or UConn Campus Police reports on his problems prior to this.
The hint in arrest warrant that mentions previous suicidal and homicidal ideation is
cringeworthy. A ticking time bomb?
And I wonder if that's why he lived off campus.
Problems in dorm w/ fellow students?

^^ I've also seen mention that she broke it off with him back in April. Not sure which is accurate.
would also like to see LE or UConn Campus Police reports on his problems prior to this.
The hint in arrest warrant that mentions previous suicidal and homicidal ideation is
cringeworthy. A ticking time bomb?
And I wonder if that's why he lived off campus.
Problems in dorm w/ fellow students?
Lots of students live off campus for various reasons. Maybe he didn't want to have any roommates, maybe he wanted to be able to throw parties, who knows. I don't think he had any "problems" with other students, from the looks of it, he had friends and was very social. Things might have gone downhill pretty fast recently.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x
Back