Recovered/Located CT - Robert Hoagland, 50, Newtown, 28 Jul 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That conspiracy website (and the internet crazies) mentioned in the Robert Hoagland episode of Disappeared is called GLP (godlike productions). It is definitely not this site.

That is a lot of gum and condoms. No insight or theory just wondering who needs that much stuff.

Okay, I think the article which used the age 42 for the arrest of the man named "Maxtone Hoagland", simply must have been a typo after all. Otherwise, there are two Maxtones living on Glen Road in 2013 one being 23 and one being 42. Wouldn't make much sense to not believe it was a typo for now.

Thanks anyway.

The Newtown Bee | Since 1877, the hometown news source for Newtown, Conn.

I'm satisfied they simply made an error here:

Men charged with trying to shoplift gum

Bumping for Hoagy and his family.

The disappearance of Robert Hoagland often crosses my mind, July 2013 being the time I discovered Websleuths’s & hence this is one of the very first cases I followed.

I’m surprised we’re only #305 posts into the first thread.

Presumably because there were no (overt) signs of foul play, if I remember correctly & there’s the possibility Robert just walked away from his life.

As far as I remember, the only evidence to suggest this is CCTV of him buying of a map for the Eastern part of the United States.

All the other evidence...leaving his phone, wallet, keys, passport, medication, vehicle, shoes & also no activity on accounts etc, suggest he is no longer alive.

I don't think he is alive either. I think the keys and wallet were hidden from the son to keep him from taking the car. He was arrested that day because he was buying drugs in a neighborhood driving his Mom's car. When LE called the Mom she stated he did not have permission to drive the car. Unfortunately I think it is all related to drugs. JMO

This one had me 50/50 for awhile. Now I’m feeling that he voluntarily walked away. I don’t know why I feel this, I have for years now.

I think it’s more of the family dynamic or yet, the way it appears. Families are all different but, sometimes with the drug issues, wife traveling periodically other sons away sometimes it’s overwhelming I would imagine. His employment also had recently changed if I remember correctly. That’s a lot of pressure and I also feel cooking was what he enjoyed doing, now he was doing something that may not have been as fulfilling. Yes, it would have possibly paid the bills but maybe not enough to sustain the family. I feel he needed a mental break. I’m not so sure he is still with us, though I hope he is. Everyone has a breaking point and possibly this was his. Confronting the drug dealers may have been his break. Living with an addict that was not ready to get help must surely be difficult. Hiding your stuff, always worried and then on top of that, he would need to start watching his back. Whew.

Roberts photo and the composite . Wow

Attachments

• B6D37BF2-C06E-4483-974D-D618DE47A4EA.jpeg
    B6D37BF2-C06E-4483-974D-D618DE47A4EA.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 105
  • BE39E2B3-91B1-4CDB-8088-78F72F47CAD0.jpeg
    BE39E2B3-91B1-4CDB-8088-78F72F47CAD0.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 95
Possibly facial hair was found with the remains? Even the teeth look like his I think!

I have always suspected the son's druggie friends for his disappearance, but you never know what people will do whith their lives.

Since he has never been found he could have just walked away. Not likely, but a possibility.

I agree with the likeness. Can't wait to hear.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flapperst
Back