Identified! CT - Stonington (Ledyard), WhtFem UP8909, 18-30, JNHS 1917 Class Ring, Lady Clairol hair roller set, May'74 - Linda Sue Childers

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Its frustrating when you have several PM's from someone and it looks like it's going to lead to another clue, then.....silence as usual.

Don't know if this was already posted, but in case it's of some help:
In 1971: Personal Management & Bookings by: BILLY DEATON TALENT 1314 Pine St., Nashville, Tenn. 615-244-4259
ONE-NITERS, INC. 111 Lyle Avenue Nashville, Tenn. 37203 (615) 244-1145 (talent and booking agency)
Both were working mainly in country music I think.

Sorry if it was already posted, I noticed I have a tendency to post things that were already posted lol, but some threads are just sooo long.

What are the JHNS schools that have been found as of yet? I saw Jim Ned but I'd think it is unlikely the ring came from there. And today I eventually found a new JNHS, John Nichols HS in Oxford, NC, don't know if it is dysfunct or not but the location is more likely than Texas. It was an orphanage but also open to other kids from the area, not sure though when it was created...

Looks like John Nichols High School started a little later:

http://www.ibiblio.org/orphanage/history/

"In 1923 the name of the institution was officially changed to 'Oxford Orphanage.'" (Prior to that it was the Oxford Orphan Asylum)
"The High School presented its first diplomas in 1922 to a graduating class of ten."
"On April 9, 1924, Miss Nettie N. Bemis laid the first brick in the foundation of the John Nichols School Building."

Thanks. :) Now I need to figure out what other high school JNHS could be for. Unless it's simply Jim Ned but haven't been able to find any ILN who could match from Taylor or Runnels co. in the census.

I think I've found what it probably was... I eventually figured out it was probably JHSN for "J... Hospital School of Nursery" (unless it's something like the John Hopkins School of Nursing) since Balfour worked mostly with universities in 1917 and that the ring seemed to read JHSN more than anything else and S would be for school, n for nursery (couldn't think of any other "school of n...") and hospital usually goes in front of that.
That's when doing research on Google I saw that someone here had found that too two years ago. But I definitely can't read the 400 posts about this doe lol. Well now at least I know what I'm looking for. Now I have to find what the J was for, there are a few possibilities.

I think I've found what it probably was... I eventually figured out it was probably JHSN for "J... Hospital School of Nursery" (unless it's something like the John Hopkins School of Nursing) since Balfour worked mostly with universities in 1917 and that the ring seemed to read JHSN more than anything else and S would be for school, n for nursery (couldn't think of any other "school of n...") and hospital usually goes in front of that.
That's when doing research on Google I saw that someone here had found that too two years ago. But I definitely can't read the 400 posts about this doe lol. Well now at least I know what I'm looking for. Now I have to find what the J was for, there are a few possibilities.

One idea, from near my hometown in PA:
Jameson Hospital School of Nursing

BBM. With all due respect, It seems like a lot of wasted effort not to try to move forward from information already uncovered.

It took much less time to figure it out by myself than to read those hundreds posts, lol.

The latest posts being about JHSN being for a high school I thought it was useful to repost that it was actually probably for an hospital school of nursing for people to actually "move forward"... People don't have only that to do in their life to read the full Websleuths board.

I am just glad whenever there is activity on this thread.

I know what you mean, skeet.

It's too bad there's no certainty the JNHS/JHNS ring actually belonged to the UID... everyone's searches could all be for naught.

I don't feel terribly confident about Niki Diane Britten being a possible match, however, the time of her disappearance works with this case (the UID was murdered Dec 1970) AND there's this one lone statement that prompts me to make the suggestion, "After Niki ran away in July 1969, her mother says Niki called family friends in September during Labor Day weekend, thinking her grandparents would be there. When they weren’t, she told the friends she was working in New York and doing fine." This seems important as our UID was reported to have been working in NY.

Here's the WS thread for NDB:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?184266-OR-Niki-Diane-Britten-15-Albany-16-July-1969

I've only seen two photos of Niki, I'm choosing to post the one without glasses.

NB1.jpg

Hello I started out this morning on the namus site and somehow ended up here and 5 hours later this post! I started reading about this case and I am so impressed with your work that I tried a little sleuthing myself. I think I have read every thread on this case and didn't see some of the stuff I am going to post here. I hope that what I am posting may help and hope that I am not posting inappropriately. These are items that I found that are related to a number of posts in the 18 pages I read.

1. Raniello's name: This is a court document that has her name listed as Jo Ann (the other spellings were alias's) and I did not see that mentioned anywhere else.
http://www.leagle.com/decision/1974757317A2d440_1727.xml/STATE v. RANIELLO

2. Richard Defreitas was listed as still alive in 2012: This case is highlighted about the middle of the page not sure much new info?
http://www.ctcoldcases.com/unidentified.html

3. Richard Defreitas is 76 and currently in prison in RI after transfer from a CT prison and below is limited info and a picture of him currently. He has alias's that perhaps Jo Ann might be using if you are trying to locate her? If you just type in Richard Frank Defreitas and search you will come up with his information. You do not need to enter the other red stared items. While she is responsible for putting him where he is do you think she might still be in contact with him and would that information be public knowledge via a visitor list?
https://pwp.interstatecompact.org/PWP/searches

I can understand why this case is so compelling to everyone. It seems like so many clues but so many dead ends.

thanks,
Sandi

Yes he was transferred because of ill health, no longer a threat to anyone. Thanks for adding all that information. D might not even be in his right mind so I doubt he would remember anything. Jo Ann, she probably would not remember either but I had a feeling that maybe the victim felt friendly enough with her that she would have at least told her a first name. If Jo Ann does have some idea she would probably not divulge that info anyway.

Bumping this thread, this case must surely be solvable!

According to this article posted in 1986, the woman who identified herself as Joanne Raniello and all of her other alias's testified in another trial about a court judge and it was televised but the woman asked that her face not be shown because she was in protective custody out of state under a new identity.

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1986/W...t-Fake-ID/id-28025c7f634255305983b7a2928b3d3b

I posted about Raniello/Bevilacqua previously. Do you know if Milly McLean is still employed by AP/Providence Journal or any other publication in CT or elsewhere?

Does anyone remember or have any links about this girl calling herself Connie?

I have some input on this case. My mother and Carmichael's mother were very close. They often passed themselves off as sisters. For some period of time his mother, Rita F. Carmichael (nee Barrett), lived or spent a lot of time at my mother's house. The address Carmichael gave on 7th was his mother's house and I spent a lot of time there.

Gustavus Lee Carmichael has a sister Maureen Ann and a brother John Lindsey. Per Rita's obituary around 11/21/2013 Maureen was living in East Boston with the last name Baker-Murphy. J.L., John Lindsey, was living in Quincy with his wife Peggy. Rita was raising Maureen's first boy, Andrew Young. The Carmichael children were much older than me, by 10 - 15 years I would say. Andrew was several years younger than me. Has anyone talked with Maureen, J.L., or Andrew?

I have some input on this case. My mother and Carmichael's mother were very close. They often passed themselves off as sisters. For some period of time his mother, Rita F. Carmichael (nee Barrett), lived or spent a lot of time at my mother's house. The address Carmichael gave on 7th was his mother's house and I spent a lot of time there.

Gustavus Lee Carmichael has a sister Maureen Ann and a brother John Lindsey. Per Rita's obituary around 11/21/2013 Maureen was living in East Boston with the last name Baker-Murphy. J.L., John Lindsey, was living in Quincy with his wife Peggy. Rita was raising Maureen's first boy, Andrew Young. The Carmichael children were much older than me, by 10 - 15 years I would say. Andrew was several years younger than me. Has anyone talked with Maureen, J.L., or Andrew?

Welcome to Ws Princess Judi, thanks for the insightful post!

:welcome:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back