Still Missing CT - Vanessa Morales, 1, missing after mother found deceased, Ansonia, 28 Nov 2019 *arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe I should have used intelligent rather than educated. Note the suspect and rehab, since he violated his parole, currently landing him back in the slammer.
Someone can be book smart and not very emotionally smart. Someone can also be heavily manipulated. People can act a certain way around you for so long that you become convinced that that's the way they really are. If he was never violent around her or to her, she had no reason to be scared. I have no idea what crime(s) he commited in the past but he isn't a suspect, at least not yet.

Someone can be book smart and not very emotionally smart. Someone can also be heavily manipulated. People can act a certain way around you for so long that you become convinced that that's the way they really are. If he was never violent around her or to her, she had no reason to be scared. I have no idea what crime(s) he commited in the past but he isn't a suspect, at least not yet.
YES. He is a suspect.
Father of Missing Ansonia Toddler a Suspect in Mother’s Homicide: Sources

I just cannot fathom defending the suspect and think he was possibly or even remotely rehabilitated. Cripes. He was a felon arrested for possession of two stun guns in his house. Why did he have two stun guns? Oh, yeah. We all have these in our homes. Stats are (2018) 83% of state inmates recommit within 9 yrs. I still advise women to run.
Here's your stats:
https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/18upr9yfup0514.pdf

Search for missing Ansonia toddler, mom’s killer enters 2nd week

It’s been two weeks since 1-year-old Vanessa Morales has been missing and police continue to follow leads in the case.
Morales’s 43-year-old mother, Christine Holloway, was found beaten to death in her Myrtle Avenue home on Monday, Dec. 2.
Police were called to do a welfare check on Holloway just before 1 p.m. when she didn’t turn up for work or call in sick.
Police were unable to make contact with Holloway at the home, but returned later that night for an additional welfare check. That time, the officers forced entry into the home and found her dead. A medical examiner later ruled her cause of death was blunt force trauma.
Police learned the woman’s 1-year-old daughter, Vanessa, should have been at the home but were unable to find her.

Ansonia police are still investigating the homicide and do not have any suspects – 10 days after the Amber Alert for her daughter was issued.
1-Year-Old Vanessa Morales Still Missing Over A Week After Amber Alert, Mother Found Dead In CT Home
There you go. I'm not out here saying that he isn't a suspect just for funsies, I'm actually confused. The information about him being a suspect was made public and then that article came out and said they had no suspects. So where do we stand? Would be great to have that sorted out.

I just cannot fathom defending the suspect and think he was possibly or even remotely rehabilitated. Cripes. He was a felon arrested for possession of two stun guns in his house. Why did he have two stun guns? Oh, yeah. We all have these in our homes. Stats are (2018) 83% of state inmates recommit within 9 yrs. I still advise women to run.
Here's your stats:
https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/18upr9yfup0514.pdf
Why are you being so passive-aggressive towards me and my posts? I am not defending anyone. I was talking in general. There are people in this world that get arrested, go to jail, get out and do rehabilitate and turn their lives around. Thanks for the stats.

Many neighbors in Ansonia have placed red lights on their porches to show their support in finding 1-year-old Vanessa Morales. Police began searching for her Dec. 2nd & later issued an Amber Alert. Vanessa was last seen Nov. 29. Her mother was found dead 3 days later. @News12CT

View attachment 220555

Marissa Alter on Twitter
Thank you for keeping the media thread updated

Two weeks and no Vanessa. But I hang on to this.
Today marks 2 weeks since Ansonia PD found Christine Holloway beaten to death inside her home & her daughter, 1-year-old Vanessa Morales, gone. They’ve released little info but say, “we are building a strong case to bring the investigation to a successful conclusion.” @News12CT

That sounds to me that they may have an idea where Vanessa is.

1-Year-Old Vanessa Morales Still Missing Over A Week After Amber Alert, Mother Found Dead In CT Home
There you go. I'm not out here saying that he isn't a suspect just for funsies, I'm actually confused. The information about him being a suspect was made public and then that article came out and said they had no suspects. So where do we stand? Would be great to have that sorted out

There are a number of law enforcement agencies involved in this case. APD is primary, it's their jurisdiction. They're not naming a suspect, and seemed to be pretty testy about the release of dad as a named suspect. Press says they have two LE sources, but no one said they were with APD.

I suspect (nothing but an educated guess) that this info was released by another agency's personnel, and that APD maybe didn't want it released to keep JM 'happy', possibly to keep him talking, especially if they haven't been given the location of V's body (or of her whereabouts if she's alive but I sadly don't think so).

is JM still in jail? I got absorbed in another case and now I’m behind here. :(

As far as I know he hasn't made bond on the other charges.

There are a number of law enforcement agencies involved in this case. APD is primary, it's their jurisdiction. They're not naming a suspect, and seemed to be pretty testy about the release of dad as a named suspect. Press says they have two LE sources, but no one said they were with APD.

I suspect (nothing but an educated guess) that this info was released by another agency's personnel, and that APD maybe didn't want it released to keep JM 'happy', possibly to keep him talking, especially if they haven't been given the location of V's body (or of her whereabouts if she's alive but I sadly don't think so).

As far as I know he hasn't made bond on the other charges.
Thank you!

BREAKING: Police have names Jose Morales a suspect in the murder of Christine Holloway and disappearance of 1-year-old Vanessa Morales. Anyone who had contact with or saw him 11/30, 12/1, or 12/2 is asked to contact Ansonia PD or the FBI tipline. @News12CT

https://twitter.com/marissaalter/status/1207079649873989632?s=21

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff
Back