AMBER ALERT CT - Vanessa Morales, 1, missing after mother found deceased, Ansonia, 28 Nov 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
right, all my boys were 20 lbs by 10 months, 17 at almost 2 is very tiny.
My baby niece is one of those tiny skinny babies. She was a preemie and had to spend some time in the NICU, pretty hard time for our family. She's 2 and she has always been the smallest kid on her preschool/day care class and the kid can eat all day lol. So, her weight may not mean anything.
Oh, I know there are.

But I don't think this guy has the education, experience or financial resources to actually be a day trader. It takes a lot of all of the above to do so.
Why? Plenty of educated people have commited horrible acts of violence. About the experience and financial resources, I don't see how you could made that assumption...?

my comments were in the context that i thought she was closer to 1 than 2. a previous poster thought she was almost 2.

My baby niece is one of those tiny skinny babies. She was a preemie and had to spend some time in the NICU, pretty hard time for our family. She's 2 and she has always been the smallest kid on her preschool/day care class and the kid can eat all day lol. So, her weight may not mean anything.

Why? Plenty of educated people have commited horrible acts of violence. About the experience and financial resources, I don't see how you could made that assumption...?

my comments were in the context that i thought she was closer to 1 than 2. a previous poster thought she was almost 2.

That was me and here's my post:" It looks like Venessa is able to walk (closer to 2yr old IMO). I hope she didn't walk out of the house on her own either".

The reason I posted that was from pictures I came across (early on) that showed her walking pretty well. This was before we knew the COD of the mom, her name or any personal info. I was thinking that she could have walked out on her own. That was my thinking at the time on page 1 of this thread.

That was me and here's my post:" It looks like Venessa is able to walk (closer to 2yr old IMO). I hope she didn't walk out of the house on her own either".

The reason I posted that was from pictures I came across (early on) that showed her walking pretty well. This was before we knew the COD of the mom, her name or any personal info. I was thinking that she could have walked out on her own. That was my thinking at the time on page 1 of this thread.

I'm still worried about that possibility. Though they didn't seem to do a lot of searching around the outside of the house, did they? I may have missed it.

I think all that would depend on birth weight. Body size of parents etc. Also would depend on who furnished this info. The mother was a degreed psychologist, if there were concerns about Vanessa's size, I'm sure she would have addressed it. And, maybe she did, but we just don't know.
i wasn’t suggesting anything was wrong with her or her size, merely responding to another post suggesting she was almost two that I would imagine 15 months was closer to the correct age, as 17 lbs would put her literally off the charts statistically at close to 2.

I think it was someone close to CH and VM as well. It makes me wonder, and I HATE putting myself in this head-space, but if the murderer felt they HAD to kill VM and they did care about her in some capacity, how would they do it? Clearly they didn't choose to leave her behind.

Statistically, they wouldn't have done anything exceptionally violent, which again begs the question: How? Why? WHERE?
Often (but not always - repeat NOT always - there are tons of terrible cases where this did not occur) a parent will bury or otherwise dispose of the child in a way that is more respectful/“loving” than a stranger would. A baby dumped in a clandestine grave would point more to a stranger vs a child found wrapped in their favorite blanket with a toy and buried deep where animals wouldn’t disturb them, for example.

That being said, if this killer was panicking (which I believe he was) he may not have taken the time or consideration to do that...I hope that if sweet baby V is deceased, that her killer was sloppy and hurried and put her somewhere that she will soon be found. I’m sure that the electronic forensics are rolling in and they’ve got ideas about where to look...this wasn’t planned, IMO, which hopefully means the perp didn’t do a good job of hiding her.

ETA: here is a very in-depth study on filicide, if anyone wishes to read up more.
A Review of Maternal and Paternal Filicide

Last edited:
i definitely wasn't saying there was concerns about her size. i was just thinking she was closer to one than two, in response to a previous poster. 17 lbs on an almost two year old is off the charts small, but if a doc isn't concerned and she is thriving then that's that.
I must of raised a toad. My som was 18 pounds at 3 months. With his non stop nursing, I figured I was going to college with him!

Guess LE has checked all relatives - would think so anyway. Just cannot see a stranger taking this child, especially if the killing was done quickly and the mother was the victim. The outcome isn't looking so good.

Would assume LE is questioning the father quite thoroughly, yet nothing.

2. Arrange Sufficient Capital
No one can generate profits consistently. Intermittent and extended losses are part of the day trading game. (For example, a day trader may suffer eight loss-making trades in a row and only recover with profit on the ninth trade.)

To handle these risks, a day trader must have a sufficient cushion of capital. As Van Tharp explained in "Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom," entering the trading world with only a small amount of money is a sure path to failure. Before quitting your job to trade full time, Tharp recommends having at least $100,000 for trading. Novices can start with smaller amounts, depending upon their selected trading plan, the frequency of trading, and other costs they bear. To actively day trade it is required that you maintain a balance of $10,000 in your trading account.

ETFs, and mutual funds all trade differently. Without a clear understanding of a security’s characteristics and trading requirements, initiating a trading strategy can lead to failure. For example, traders should know how margin requirements for futures, options, and commodities significantly impact trading capital or how an interim assignment or exercise of an option position can shatter the trading plan completely.

Lack of knowledge about these necessities specific to securities can lead to losses. Aspiring traders should ensure full familiarity with the trading of selected securities.

10 Steps to Becoming a Day Trader

I don't think he had the resources to set himself up as a day trader. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe he did have thousands of dollars of cash flow to make daily trades on the stock market. I just don't think he did, but maybe I am underestimating him, who knows?

2. Arrange Sufficient Capital
No one can generate profits consistently. Intermittent and extended losses are part of the day trading game. (For example, a day trader may suffer eight loss-making trades in a row and only recover with profit on the ninth trade.)

To handle these risks, a day trader must have a sufficient cushion of capital. As Van Tharp explained in "Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom," entering the trading world with only a small amount of money is a sure path to failure. Before quitting your job to trade full time, Tharp recommends having at least $100,000 for trading. Novices can start with smaller amounts, depending upon their selected trading plan, the frequency of trading, and other costs they bear. To actively day trade it is required that you maintain a balance of $10,000 in your trading account.

ETFs, and mutual funds all trade differently. Without a clear understanding of a security’s characteristics and trading requirements, initiating a trading strategy can lead to failure. For example, traders should know how margin requirements for futures, options, and commodities significantly impact trading capital or how an interim assignment or exercise of an option position can shatter the trading plan completely.

Lack of knowledge about these necessities specific to securities can lead to losses. Aspiring traders should ensure full familiarity with the trading of selected securities.

10 Steps to Becoming a Day Trader

I don't think he had the resources to set himself up as a day trader. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe he did have thousands of dollars of cash flow to make daily trades on the stock market. I just don't think he did, but maybe I am underestimating him, who knows?

I could be wrong but I think I heard "day laborer" before the term "trader" surfaced. Probably irrelevant now as it doesn't seem he's any closer to making bail or being released. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member