AMBER ALERT CT - Vanessa Morales, 1, missing after mother found deceased, Ansonia, 28 Nov 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funeral services held for Ansonia mother killed in her own home, search for 1-year-old daughter continues

[...]

Federal, State, and local law enforcement have repeatedly searched a section of Naugatuck State Forest over the last week and half, a 5,000 acre track of heavy woods bordering several towns and split by the Naugatuck River.

Deputy Chief of Naugatuck Police Department, Colin McAllister, describing the search location as “a mix of generally very remote area as well as some residential areas.”

Ansonia Police confirm the search is connected to Holloway’s murder and Vanessa’s search.

McAllister says the State Park is active even during cold and snowy conditions, so authorities are putting out the alert for anyone who may have been trekking through the area recently to wrack their memories for anything that might have been out of the ordinary.

“Anybody in these types of situations who walks their dogs or hike in these types of situations is going to notice what might be out of place. We would encourage them to have a heightened sense of awareness and contact us so we can immediately respond.”
– DEPUTY CHIEF COLIN MCALLISTER, NAUGATUCK PD

[...]

Funeral services held for Ansonia mother killed in her own home, search for 1-year-old daughter continues

[...]

Federal, State, and local law enforcement have repeatedly searched a section of Naugatuck State Forest over the last week and half, a 5,000 acre track of heavy woods bordering several towns and split by the Naugatuck River.

Deputy Chief of Naugatuck Police Department, Colin McAllister, describing the search location as “a mix of generally very remote area as well as some residential areas.”

Ansonia Police confirm the search is connected to Holloway’s murder and Vanessa’s search.

McAllister says the State Park is active even during cold and snowy conditions, so authorities are putting out the alert for anyone who may have been trekking through the area recently to wrack their memories for anything that might have been out of the ordinary.

“Anybody in these types of situations who walks their dogs or hike in these types of situations is going to notice what might be out of place. We would encourage them to have a heightened sense of awareness and contact us so we can immediately respond.”

[...]
Seems with this statement LE does not believe VM is alive. No other reason to search a forest.

From the above article “ One person unable to attend the funeral was Josh Morales, of Naugatuck, whose uncle is Jose Morales, Vanessa’s father. Though he organized some friends to hand out fliers last week seeking information about Vanessa, Josh Morales said he was unable to attend the service because he had to work Wednesday.“

Isn’t this the guy who’s been quite vocal in the
Media ? The one who said who would be this crazy ?? Seems a bit strange he couldn’t take the day off.
I'm sure Christine's family didn't care that he wasn't there.

IMO, he is not a day trader. I read somewhere that a neighbor said he had asked him for work at some point. I think he is a day worker or day laborer. In my town, those without steady jobs can show up at a parking lot near town by 6am. Farmers, construction workers, etc will show and give a day job to someone that suits there needs. MOO JMO
Yes, there are various 'pick up spots' all through the region (New Haven and Fairfield Counties) for day labor.

People looking for work simply hang out and wait and oftentimes you will see multiple people hanging out at Home Depot too even though they sometimes are asked to leave the property.

[...]

[...]
NAUGATUCK STATE FOREST
Naugatuck State Forest, a Connecticut State Forest located near Ansonia, Berlin and Branford

Naugatuck State Forest covers almost 5,000 acres and is spread across Naugatuck, Beacon Falls, Oxford, Bethany, Hamden, Cheshire, Ansonia, and Seymour. It is organized into five Blocks, named West, East, Mt. Sanford, Quillinan Reservoir, and Great Hill.

The Forest originated with Harris Whittemore, an industrialist and member of the State Forest and Park Commission. In 1921, Mr. Whittemore began buying parcels of land in the Naugatuck Valley, intending to donate them to the State. Unfortunately, he did not live long enough to realize his dream, but after his death in 1928, his family continued to acquire land, and in 1931, almost 2,000 acres were donated in his memory.

The Forest is managed for sawtimber, firewood, wildlife habitat, and recreational activities such as hiking, hunting, mountain biking, bird-watching, snowmobiling, and cross-country skiing.

For those interested in taking a look at this enormous park here is a map from the State of CT:

https://www.ct.gov/deep/lib/deep/stateparks/maps/NaugatuckEastWestBlocks.pdf

upload_2019-12-12_1-18-36.png

Directions/GPS coordinates:

Letterboxing , Mountain Biking, Snowmobiling, Target Shooting (for updated target shooting information see Hunting & Fishing Guide), Hunting, Additional Recreational Trail Use Information
  • Location: The East Block of the Forest is north of Beacon Falls on the east side of the Naugatuck River. The West Block is north of Beacon Falls on the west side of the Naugatuck River.
  • East Block: From the junction of Routes 42 and 63 in Bethany, go west on Route 42 and park on the right side (north side) at the blue oval sign for the Naugatuck Trail. GPS coordinates:W73 0.55, N41 27.151. Another entrance to the East Block is off of Andrasko Road in Beacon Falls. Follow Cross Street (exit 26 off Route 8) to Andrasko Road. GPS coordinates:W73 3.082, N41 28.052. Printer Friendly Map. GPS friendly Map.
  • West Block: There is parking at the end of Hunter’s Mt. Rd. in Naugatuck. GPS coordinates:W73 5.105, N41 28.401. There is also parking at the end of Cold Spring Road in Beacon Falls (closed during winter). GPS coordinates:W73 3.768, N41 27.358. Map. GPS friendly map for use with mobile apps.
  • For access to the Oxford Reservoirs: There is parking off of Rt. 42 at the intersection of Old Litchfield Turnpike in Oxford. GPS coordinates:W73 5.289, N41 26.1. There is also parking off of Chestnut Tree Hill Road in Oxford. GPS coordinates:W73 5.549, N41 26.996.
    Fee: There is no parking fee at this forest.

NAUGATUCK STATE FOREST

Naugatuck State Forest covers almost 5,000 acres and is spread across Naugatuck, Beacon Falls, Oxford, Bethany, Hamden, Cheshire, Ansonia, and Seymour. It is organized into five Blocks, named West, East, Mt. Sanford, Quillinan Reservoir, and Great Hill.

The Forest originated with Harris Whittemore, an industrialist and member of the State Forest and Park Commission. In 1921, Mr. Whittemore began buying parcels of land in the Naugatuck Valley, intending to donate them to the State. Unfortunately, he did not live long enough to realize his dream, but after his death in 1928, his family continued to acquire land, and in 1931, almost 2,000 acres were donated in his memory.

The Forest is managed for sawtimber, firewood, wildlife habitat, and recreational activities such as hiking, hunting, mountain biking, bird-watching, snowmobiling, and cross-country skiing.

For those interested in taking a look at this enormous park here is a map from the State of CT:

https://www.ct.gov/deep/lib/deep/stateparks/maps/NaugatuckEastWestBlocks.pdf

View attachment 219892
On top of being huge, every time I've gone there, I always see lots of debris and trash from people fishing, camping, and generally partying. Maybe it's changed in the last ten years or so, but if not, random objects aren't going to stick out like a sore thumb.

“Christine is fondly recalled by many at St. Andrew’s as the little girl who used to attend Mass with her grandmother,” Wallace said in an email. “People in the parish and throughout the diocese are praying for Christine and her family, and for the safe return of her daughter, Vanessa.”

According to her obituary, Holloway, 43, belonged to the Columbiettes, an international organization of Catholic women dedicated to the Virgin Mary, Saint Theresa the Little Flower and Saint Joan of Arc.
Ansonia mom remembered ‘fondly,’ toddler still missing

From the above article “ One person unable to attend the funeral was Josh Morales, of Naugatuck, whose uncle is Jose Morales, Vanessa’s father. Though he organized some friends to hand out fliers last week seeking information about Vanessa, Josh Morales said he was unable to attend the service because he had to work Wednesday.“

Media ? The one who said who would be this crazy ?? Seems a bit strange he couldn’t take the day off.

It doesn't seem strange at all. Loads of people live pay check to pay check and cannot afford a day off. No need to inject speculation into anything. It is what it is.

That was my point. I don't think a brokerage house was going to put up their own money for an inexperienced felon, to gamble daily on the stock market with it. But who knows, maybe he had a brokers license, which takes a minimum of 4 yrs college and then the testing:

Assuming someone wants to work for a brokerage firm or investment bank, a bachelor's degree will be required. There is no particular major needed, although something in the business or financial field is recommended. Common stock brokerdegrees include accounting, business, finance and economics.Apr 21, 2019

You must have a license to trade stocks on behalf of other people. To obtain a stock broker's license, you must pass a series of examinations administered by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).Nov 5, 2018
How to Get a Stock Broker License - Career Trend
Unless this is a recent change I don't believe a
college degree or even any financial background is a requirement to test and be licensed to sell stocks and equities.
I previously held 7 licenses in the brokerage
world and once I passed Series 7 test I recall
I could sell stocks, bonds and other equities
to and for others.
I'm going off a very old memory. moo.

I'm sure Christine's family didn't care that he wasn't there.

I think it's very possible he was asked not to be there. If you had reason to believe your daughter/sister/niece/etc was killed by their romantic partner, you wouldn't necessarily want his family around either. Just speaking in generalities because a) we don't know who the perpetrator was for sure and b) there certainly could be exceptions to this general statement.

I think he may have lost his license for day trading after that felony. I haven't been able to firmly document that, however, so consider it rumor for now.
Generally the term 'day trader' implies you're
trading for your own account and a license is
not needed for that.
IME day traders are wanna be stock brokers but
aren't because they're not licensed to trade for
others. Most I've heard of may make some money but more lose their money and drop out. If they stick with it, then they've learned
to read the patterns and nuances of the market.

Right. I too think killer knew Christine very well. This is personal. No doubt in my mind. Killer must have violent tendencies. This kind of rage could not have been hidden from those around him throughout his life. I guess people can snap and turn away from their nature. I don’t see it here. Someone in his inner circle knows his personality traits.

I read Christine’s obit. Her life story is remarkable. She has a degree in Psychology among other accolades. What was the mutual attraction about? What was the commonality? I can hardly imagine a relationship between the two. How did they meet? So many relationships begin on an equal basis - Evolving into a dynamic where one person gains the power in the relationship. I think Christine naturally grew into her power. I think killer unnaturally took back his power.

View Christine Holloway's Obituary on ConnPost.com and share memories
some good thoughts in your post-
In some families rage and violence are the norm especially in patriarchal cultures when
men rule the roost and women defer to men.

Nicole Montalvo, Orlando, Fl., was murdered and chopped
into pieces before she was buried on her husband's family property. LE has not filed
murder charges yet but believe her husband,
her father-in-law and her mother-in-law were
all involved in the killing, dismemberment and
cover-up.
Often this family violence is generational so
it's possible the killer's family is covering for
him.

I think it's very possible he was asked not to be there. If you had reason to believe your daughter/sister/niece/etc was killed by their romantic partner, you wouldn't necessarily want his family around either. Just speaking in generalities because a) we don't know who the perpetrator was for sure and b) there certainly could be exceptions to this general statement.

I agree with your statement and want to add my own opinion.
It’s possible “had to work” was an excuse for the real reason he couldn’t be there.
Without violating TOS, I just want to add that I watch the court cases of Connecticut daily.
Here’s a link for anyone wishing to do the same.
Pending Criminal/Motor Vehicle - Search By Defendant Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member