AMBER ALERT CT - Vanessa Morales, 1, missing after mother found deceased, Ansonia, 28 Nov 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m confused about PR relationship with the US in legal terms, but at the very least LE could have gathered the names of all passengers from the northeast to PR in the days surrounding Vanessa’s disappearance. It would be a lot of people but pretty easy to search for family members and friends. I don’t think someone who would send her to another country would be that dumb though, to send her with family.

Is a passport needed to travel to or from PR? Vanessa is young enough to travel as a lap baby, but do they keep records of that? how difficult would it be to get her back to Connecticut if she’s located?
If this child is alive and with a relative of the suspect, they have probably taken her out of the country. There is no way any good could come out of that...except that Vanessa is alive.
They will have hidden a child the whole country is looking for as well as protected a murderer for all this time.
While I continue to hope she's alive, it's getting harder and harder to keep that hope alive.
I know I'm most likely in the minority, but I really don't think the father or anyone related is involved in this murder or kidnapping. jmo

PR is a US territory. A passport is not necessary to travel. In my experience, a name and date of birth is necessary for a lap baby. Airlines should be able to provide LE with information of any lap babies traveling to PR recently.

What Document Do I Need to Go From the USA to Puerto Rico?

“We think that at the pace we’re going we’re going to have answers relatively shortly.

Does that mean in terms of who killed Christine Holloway or who may have Vanessa? At this point we’re not going to differentiate between the two, this is one investigation.”

Sources: Police close to naming suspect in Ansonia mother’s death
Iirc, today is the first time LE is referring to CH and VM as one case. In the past, they made sure to differentiate between the murder investigation and the missing child investigation, especially during PCs.

My only hesitation on taking her out of the country... How did they do it? The crime, to me, appears to be a crime of opportunity and passion. It doesn’t feel completely planned to me. If it wasn’t completely planned, how does the POI get documentation for V to cross the border? Is it easier than I think it is? JMO MOO

(Honestly would prefer her to be out of country, alive and with someone who cares for her than deceased!)
I think the most difficult part would be convincing someone to do it. But, LE is using the day they found CH as the date of the murder. I think I read the last time they were seen was Friday. So, seems they had 3 days to do it before they were looking for her. When I've gone there you only needed a birth certificate regardless of age, but I don't know about now.
But, I think it would be very difficult to find anyone that would do it.

Why was CH killed and with such rage? I too was betting on the father because of the rage, but all bets are off. What's going on that this would happen? We have not heard of her involvement with anyone.

My only hesitation on taking her out of the country... How did they do it? The crime, to me, appears to be a crime of opportunity and passion. It doesn’t feel completely planned to me. If it wasn’t completely planned, how does the POI get documentation for V to cross the border? Is it easier than I think it is? JMO MOO

(Honestly would prefer her to be out of country, alive and with someone who cares for her than deceased!)
In many states, from Texas west to Cali, a family can walk across the border to Mexico without much scrutiny. People regularly shop, visit etc, in the border towns.

If they got the baby to Mexico they may be able to hide out more easily. JMO

In many states, from Texas west to Cali, a family can walk across the border to Mexico without much scrutiny. People regularly shop, visit etc, in the border towns.

If they got the baby to Mexico they may be able to hide out more easily. JMO
From Texas and I would think any state, you need a passport or travel documents to cross into Mexico legally. Canada is the same.

From Texas and I would think any state, you need a passport or travel documents to cross into Mexico legally. Canada is the same.
You don't need a passport for minor children to go from the US to Mexico. You only need an ID, like a birth certificate.

I think I could sneak a one yr old in, using another one yr olds birth certificate, if I felt it was necessary to hide them for some reason.

Does 5 year old child need a passport to visit Mexico? ... Answer: U.S. citizen children under age 16 arriving by land or sea from contiguous territory may also present an original or copy of his or her birth certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, a Naturalization Certificate, or a Canadian Citizenship Card.
wiki

You don't need a passport for minor children to go from the US to Mexico. You only need an ID, like a birth certificate.

I think I could sneak a one yr old in, using another one yr olds birth certificate, if I felt it was necessary to hide them for some reason.

Does 5 year old child need a passport to visit Mexico? ... Answer: U.S. citizen children under age 16 arriving by land or sea from contiguous territory may also present an original or copy of his or her birth certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, a Naturalization Certificate, or a Canadian Citizenship Card.
wiki
Absolutely you could if you had a passport. I was just trying to clarify its not like it used to be when you could easily run over, shop, have dinner and return. And it's certainly not safe like it used to be.

I’m still firmly convinced that they already have their suspect in custody - and while he has been in the news, has not officially been named as a suspect in the case (only charges unrelated).

The only difference is that they will be announcing he is the suspect in this case.

Not sure what the reasoning is behind announcing this except perhaps to put the public somewhat at ease, as LE has been pretty silent (understandably) as they’ve worked the case...and maybe illicit more tips.

I’m still firmly convinced that they already have their suspect in custody - and while he has been in the news, has not officially been named as a suspect in the case (only charges unrelated).

The only difference is that they will be announcing he is the suspect in this case.

Not sure what the reasoning is behind announcing this except perhaps to put the public somewhat at ease, as LE has been pretty silent (understandably) as they’ve worked the case...and maybe illicit more tips.
I mostly agree.

The public is hungry for an update, and LE has clearly been busy this week. I think they might be letting us know where they are since it's been a week since they had a presser. They also could be looking for specific tips or for family to talk once they realize they have evidence pointing towards someone in particular.

You're probably right. I just hate to think a child saw her mother in that state and at the hands of her daddy. Anyone is horrible, but that would be unimaginable. Hopefully she won't remember or didn't see any of it. That's what I worry about if it is him.

DBL POST.
You're probably right. I just hate to think a child saw her mother in that state and at the hands of her daddy. Anyone is horrible, but that would be unimaginable. Hopefully she won't remember or didn't see any of it. That's what I worry about if it is him.

Last edited:
Luckily if sweet baby V is still alive, the chances of her remembering that later or even being aware enough to understand what was going on would be slim. It’s all so heartbreaking isn’t it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member