AMBER ALERT CT - Vanessa Morales, 1, missing after mother found deceased, Ansonia, 28 Nov 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it can't be the father, I would imagine, as we already have his name and photos of him through media sources.
Idk, I'm not convinced it's NOT the father. He was never named a POI or suspect in relation to the investigation. Doing so would be completely new information publicly released in regards to the case.

All I want is this poor family to have answers, one way or another. :(

Here is something I don't understand. LE has a suspect in mind and plan on telling everyone in the next day or two. Why leak that out right now? Would if they try to take off? Or worse, harm someone else in the process? Why not arrest them now? Or did they already go on the run?
Leaking it wouldn't matter if the person was incapable of taking off or going on the run.

I do think at the very least, he is involved. However, it doesn't make any sense to say they are going to name the suspect and show their photos, when it's already out there to begin with?
His arrest on weapons charges is already out there. LE have maintained since day one that they didn't consider him a suspect or POI, and that he was cooperating with the investigation.

I've never been in this type of situation, but I would imagine I would be more likely to share information about a family member if they weren't considered a suspect than if I thought they were being falsely accused, if that makes sense? Obviously, complete conjecture and MOO.

I do think at the very least, he is involved. However, it doesn't make any sense to say they are going to name the suspect and show their photos, when it's already out there to begin with?
I am now wondering if they have new video from their last canvas - in Naugatuk? I think the suspect may be located there or returned there (and it's on video) and I don't think this was done by just one person IMO.

I bet LE has been watching everyone on both sides of Vanessa's family. If someone, related or not to her, who doesn't have a baby suddenly started buying diapers, baby clothes, toys and other items for babies, that's a big red flag. If LE realized something like that is happening, this whole "we are going to make a name and pictures of the suspect public in a few days" speech, might be to put pressure on someone.

Dang, I use to have the statistics handy and don’t anymore.
Does anyone remember the stats on perp returning to scene of crime OR injecting themselves into the investigation/media / social media in some way?

His arrest on weapons charges is already out there. LE have maintained since day one that they didn't consider him a suspect or POI, and that he was cooperating with the investigation.

I've never been in this type of situation, but I would imagine I would be more likely to share information about a family member if they weren't considered a suspect than if I thought they were being falsely accused, if that makes sense? Obviously, complete conjecture and MOO.

They know that anything they say will be seen/heard by the perpetrator. If he's in custody and they want answers from him, they may say he's not a suspect or POI to preserve the case.

And if I were LE, I might share the info specifically to reassure the public. Domestic partner is most likely statistically, if domestic partner is locked up public doesn't need to worry. Also pure conjecture and MOO.

Idk, I'm not convinced it's NOT the father. He was never named a POI or suspect in relation to the investigation. Doing so would be completely new information publicly released in regards to the case.

All I want is this poor family to have answers, one way or another. :(
Exactly. Thus far, he’s only had the finger pointed at him in relation to his arrest for an “unrelated” crime.

Publicly naming him as a suspect hasn’t happened yet, and could prove useful in generating new leads, namely witness sightings on the days surrounding the murder.

I’d be stunned if he wasn’t the one named.

Statistically, it's HIM and yes he's safely incarcerated and has no money for bond/bail.
LE is just putting their case together for the murder arrest and also for gaining new
info on whereabouts of the baby.
He does still have relatives in PR, right?
Maybe they're down there right now looking.

Statistically, it's HIM and yes he's safely incarcerated and has no money for bond/bail.
LE is just putting their case together for the murder arrest and also for gaining new
Even if he had money for bond/bail, the conditions are that he can't be released without a judge signing off on it.

They seem to be treating him like he's a flight risk. I agree with PP that I would be shocked if he wasn't the suspect officially named soon.

I’m confused about PR relationship with the US in legal terms, but at the very least LE could have gathered the names of all passengers from the northeast to PR in the days surrounding Vanessa’s disappearance. It would be a lot of people but pretty easy to search for family members and friends. I don’t think someone who would send her to another country would be that dumb though, to send her with family.

Is a passport needed to travel to or from PR? Vanessa is young enough to travel as a lap baby, but do they keep records of that? how difficult would it be to get her back to Connecticut if she’s located?

Ansonia’s mayor, David Cassetti, who said he receives updates from the chief of police on the case daily, said he believes there will be a resolution before Christmas. However, he also expressed concern that too much time has passed since Vanessa went missing.

“I think It’s been way too long. You’re talking a week and a half now and there’s no sign of this little girl. Come on, someone please come forward whoever you are and show us that she’s ok,” Cassetti pleaded.
Search Continues for 1-Year-Old Girl Missing From Ansonia

If this child is alive and with a relative of the suspect, they have probably taken her out of the country. There is no way any good could come out of that...except that Vanessa is alive.
They will have hidden a child the whole country is looking for as well as protected a murderer for all this time.
While I continue to hope she's alive, it's getting harder and harder to keep that hope alive.
I know I'm most likely in the minority, but I really don't think the father or anyone related is involved in this murder or kidnapping. jmo

My only hesitation on taking her out of the country... How did they do it? The crime, to me, appears to be a crime of opportunity and passion. It doesn’t feel completely planned to me. If it wasn’t completely planned, how does the POI get documentation for V to cross the border? Is it easier than I think it is? JMO MOO

(Honestly would prefer her to be out of country, alive and with someone who cares for her than deceased!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member