Cyndy Short Press Conference~31 October 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know, right? CS has judged these parents as completely innocent, yet hasn't seen one shred of evidence or information LE has. So weird.

Um....defense lawyer.....she is doing her job....she has to believe in her clients.

If I had a reputation like her-I would be on TV trying to repair it to.Her profession is her bread and butter.The rumors hitting the community that you were fired by a guy like JT and having all the other rumors flying-yes I would be telling people of MY community the reason why I left a high profile case.JMO

I liked her too, surprised myself! And I don't blame her one bit for wanting to clarify what happened. She has a business, she doesn't want to be seen as incompetent. The majority of people are going to think she was kicked off the case because she wasn't good enough. That doesn't really inspire confidence in a defense attorney. People hire defense attorneys that can win, not ones that get "fired" from cases. I would have done the same thing if I felt it would affect my livelihood. MOO

I think I'm criticising her for having any whiny, self-serving press conference AT ALL when a simple PROFESSIONAL statement along the lines that she and JT had differences in the way they wanted to proceed with the case and therefore she had regretfully decided to step down would have done. No, I don't absolve JT either, I'm disgusted by just about everyone who is supposedly advising this family, they are ALL in it for themselves IMO.

:clap::clap::clap:

I know, right? CS has judged these parents as completely innocent, yet hasn't seen one shred of evidence or information LE has. So weird.

I for one dont think she would come out and call the parents guilty. shes a defense attorney. I do believe now that she is gonna pass all credible tips along. Isnt she a plea bargain attorney? UHM. moo

Does anyone else get the impression that maybe this was more of a clarification conference. Lets face it, when a respected atty is off a [high-profile] case, rumors can fly (and they did).

Do you think she could be cited with making her clients "look bad" in any way for leaving the case (makes them look guilty or leaves a question publicly), so she needed to make sure this "break-up" was done in a much more professional fashion; rather than a JT "She's fired" media frenzy, she was clarifying the true reasons of what the actual reasons were than she "abandoned" her clients?

Excellent point! And one that makes a lot of sense. CS is a well-known (and highly respected) attorney in her own right. She is known for only taking cases where she TRULY believes the suspect (or convicted) are innocent. I can just imagine the tongues would be wagging that she left the case because she thought they were guilty, if she hadn't gone on record to say that she believes them.

Personnaly, if it was me, IF I had a very good reputation with the community there and managed to get into this high profile case. Once JT "landed on scene" - I would have left. Quietly - but still would have left. I don't like what I've seen with him, I don't like what I've read about him. Plain and simple - I don't like him. And, as such, I wouldn't want to be associated with him. No fanfair, just stepped away. But that is just me.

Again JMHO

I liked her too, surprised myself! And I don't blame her one bit for wanting to clarify what happened. She has a business, she doesn't want to be seen as incompetent. The majority of people are going to think she was kicked off the case because she wasn't good enough. That doesn't really inspire confidence in a defense attorney. People hire defense attorneys that can win, not ones that get "fired" from cases. I would have done the same thing if I felt it would affect my livelihood. MOO

Thank you was not enough for this post.I just said the same thing!!!!

Thanks for the welcomes. :)

I took CS's PC as a way to put some clarity to these:

1. She wanted to make it known that she cares about this case and clarify why she isn't working the case anymore. (Simple answer - her philosophy and the JT's didn't match up)

2. She wanted clear up that there's no bad blood between her and the parents. I think she disagrees with the LE pursuit of the parents (and she's had way more contact with both the parents and LE to draw this conclusion from than ANY of us do)

3. She wanted to make it known she believes the child was taken and that she believes the parents were not involved.

4. She wanted to make it known that there ARE other leads and that LE are aware of them and checking them out.

5. I think she realizes that local media will reach the people THERE and a PC from that direction might garner local folks attention and thus keep people looking for Lisa.

JMO. :)

Um....defense lawyer.....she is doing her job....she has to believe in her clients.

They are NOT her clients, and she has no obligation to them. If she thought they were guilty, she would just shut up. The fact that she made a point of saying she thinks they are innocent means something.

I for one dont think she would come out and call the parents guilty. shes a defense attorney. I do believe now that she is gonna pass all credible tips along. Isnt she a plea bargain attorney? UHM. moo

Why would she be getting tips? Through the website? I thought the hotline was to LE? :waitasec:

I really don't get all of the attacks on CS. When this happened everyone wanted to know all of the details, there's no doubt she was bombarded with calls and emails asking for clarification. I don't see this as being whiny at all. She stood up for the parents. She stood up for Lisa.

If she gave it to JT, to that I say good for her! She didn't attack the parents.

It's MOO too that JT is in this for JT's self promotion. He gives his interviews from whatever locale he happens to be at. In his interviews I hear him speak about things he's heard in the media, CS was there front and center.

The parents were bashed for shutting out the local media, CS was trying to pull in the local media.

Does anyone think that JT may get paid from any future media payouts to the parents? It would make sense to me why the local media would get shut out in favor of national, their pockets are much deeper. Plan out the media appearances so her price goes up.

JMHO

I can't speak for anyone else but it's a matter of professionalism to me or at least maintaining the appearance of professionalism. For her to come out openly criticising the other lawyerand more or less implying that the parents made the 'wrong' choice - well who exactly is that helping? Certainly not the family.

I get what you're saying but I think she felt the need to clear some things up which I think is perfectly fine and probably smart for her reputation as an attorney. Further, if she truly believes that JI and DB are innocent then she probably wanted to make it clear that she was NOT leaving because she felt them to be guilty. :twocents:

So bottom line: typical power struggle between the 2 attorneys, JT didn't like CS being proactive on the case and talking to the media, he wanted all the media time, and CS is jealous that JT spent time in Rome while she had feet on the ground in KC:crazy: j/k...

IMO this was a damage control PC for CS (which is what I thought it would be)...but on a good note, it did attempt to explain what happened with her leaving the case. But she didn't say anything that had potential to reflect badly on herself. Not surprising.

Only one of the attorneys can be lead counsel. Lead counsel calls the shots. Sounds like second chair went rogue. JT did damage control for the family by persuading the family to terminate her. She may be an excellent attorney, but I would not have wanted local counsel issuing daily press releases, giving house tours with a staff of 17 probably leaking like a sieve. Maybe MW was leaked by her media team and that's why things exploded on Friday. Let's face it, until today's presser I did not think she was organizing searches for Lisa Irwin. JT did the right thing, IMO.

I can't speak for anyone else but it's a matter of professionalism to me or at least maintaining the appearance of professionalism. For her to come out openly criticising the other lawyerand more or less implying that the parents made the 'wrong' choice - well who exactly is that helping? Certainly not the family.

She was actually very careful NOT to criticize the other lawyer AND not to criticize the parent.

I live in KC, I've seen a lot of CS's work. To call her "unprofessional" is spurious and irresponsible. She's very well-regarded in the legal community here by judges and both prosectors and defense attorneys. You don't get her kind of respect from all sides by being irresponsible.

And no, I do not know her personally.

even though I do personally think there was a self serving motive in the PC, (she could have done it in a press release last Friday, instead of having this "build-up" of anticipation...over an entire weekend..??!) but I have no feelings of dislike for her...she seems like a caring person and sincere, but caring, sincere, good people can still be ambitious and seek a spotlight...I like Greta VS :shrugs:

I get what you're saying but I think she felt the need to clear some things up which I think is perfectly fine and probably smart for her reputation as an attorney. Further, if she truly believes that JI and DB are innocent then she probably wanted to make it clear that she was NOT leaving because she felt them to be guilty. :twocents:

BBM

She showed that, as a private citizen of KCMO, she believes that the parents are innocent. Her's is another voice saying Baby Lisa is out there and keep looking, keep asking questions....don't give up on this little girl.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back