Cyndy Short Press Conference~31 October 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think I'm criticising her for having any whiny, self-serving press conference AT ALL when a simple PROFESSIONAL statement along the lines that she and JT had differences in the way they wanted to proceed with the case and therefore she had regretfully decided to step down would have done. No, I don't absolve JT either, I'm disgusted by just about everyone who is supposedly advising this family, they are ALL in it for themselves IMO.

I didn't find her to be whiny in the least. And I guarantee that some people around here would be complaining if she even put out a statement instead of having a press-conference. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I think the family has taken bad advice from the get go (CS did say that they got an atty based on advice)... and now they have went down the rabbit hole with JT and BS and cannot get back out...

:twocents:

JT doesnt care if they are guilty or not. moo Maybe thats why they went with him. moo Hes not out looking for lisa like she said she was. Maybe they dont want anybody looking. :twocents:

I may get a time out for this,but their is a whole lot of bashing going on with the people in KC- LE,Media and now a lawyer-It just wrong!!! JMO,JMO!! These people just can't get it right I guess!!!!

You forgot innocent parents.

Also, another thing that interested me was CS spoke to JI last, which indicates he told her about the decision to stay with JT. Many people speculate that it is DB pulling the strings/wearing the pants, but now I wonder.......

I feel JI makes the decision as head of household. He works, sometimes 2 jobs, she gets to go nowhere unless with family members, she must take care of kids, she is young and needs his care, old fashioned type lifestyle is how I am seeing it so far.

I may get a time out for this,but their is a whole lot of bashing going on with the people in KC- LE,Media and now a lawyer-It just wrong!!! JMO,JMO!! These people just can't get it right I guess!!!!

This is one of the glaring issues I have with JT and BS-- what on earth is going on that they shun all things local, when it's a local case??? Truthfully, I see JT more as a national media broker than anything else-- and I get the feeling there's been some contracts signed by these parents. I wouldn't be surprised if they're stuck with JT as their decision maker due to monies that have already been disbursed.

I think it's an abhorrent way to treat a missing child case where time is of the utmost importance. I worry that this may become a dangerous precedent. However, I have complete faith in the local organizations who are doing their work as diligently as they can without the parent's help. They are not overlooked by me.

JT stepped away from the defense lawyer hat this morning, and now is an advocate-- pfft. He is what he is, and I can't say that here. :D

JT doesnt care if they are guilty or not. moo Maybe thats why they went with him. moo Hes not out looking for lisa like she said she was. Maybe they dont want anybody looking. :twocents:

If it's not to much trouble, can you tell us what she's doing to find Lisa? TIA

No sound here at work

I appreciate that CS is maintaining and providing the website; she doesn't have to do that. In CS, I heard an advocate for Baby Lisa who was frustrated with the way things are going. She is now a private citizen in this matter and had a platform so she used it.

Well, she did say I believe they're innocent, and she said LE does have some leads she's hopeful about. That's stuff to go on . . .

MOO ... BBM: LE knows what happened ... and the HRD dogs "HIT" inside of Baby Lisa's home ...

I will believe the HRD dogs -- who have NO agenda -- before I believe a "defense attorney" who came up with ALL KINDS of EXCUSES about the HRD dogs -- they were absolute "lies by CS and JT ...

MOO ...

I learned A LOT more than that. Ms Short had many many offers of help from the community and hopefully she will still be able to help although not as an attorney for the family. Good for her!

MOO ... If Ms. Short is REALLY INTERESTED in finding Baby Lisa -- then why hold a "Press Conference" ?

While I understand that many feel Ms. Short has "good intentions" -- and that is fine ...

But ... IMO ... what I see is a CYA by Ms. Short -- after her "disagreement" with JT ...

MOO ...

I think the family has taken bad advice from the get go (CS did say that they got an atty based on advice)... and now they have went down the rabbit hole with JT and BS and cannot get back out...

:twocents:

Do you think they've got a signed contract with someone so that they can't get out?

second "immediate" take... CS wants NATIONAL spotlight..she wants to be a talking head and she wants her own show...this IS MOO but I'd bet money on it...what she does not even remotely appear to want, is to be away from this circus!!! She has paid her admission and is going to stay for the entire show!

CS made a fatal mistake...she was willing to work with local media. JT and his clients have "exclusives" for big bucks.

Do we know for a fact that JT is being paid by the benefactor? Who was paying CS?

Well one lawyer can not fire the other lawyer if the client doesn't agree.
:floorlaugh:

I think that what was being said in the post that was quoted was because of something DB said. When asked if about CS no longer working with them, DB stated that she wasn't aware of it (or something like that). So this is just showing that they did know, although it's possible that DB did not know at the time that CS was officially off the case.

Maybe that will clarify the statement some. :seeya:

Do we know for a fact that JT is being paid by the benefactor? Who was paying CS?

She wasnt being paid.moo in presser. She has website up getting leads and sending them to LE. Out and talking to community. moo :seeya:

If it's not to much trouble, can you tell us what she's doing to find Lisa? TIA

No sound here at work

CS said her firm will still pay for/maintain the website, will take tips and pass them to LE, will talk to people in the community, will print and pass out fliers

((I am not among the majority here but I liked what she said... but that is okay.. we are allowed to have our own opinion here at websleuths:rocker:))

If the parents are taking advice from family members - who knows what they are saying to influence them? Could be "this attorney has way more resources, more clout, more experience....." Who knows? I think it's hard to really presume to know their motives on making the decision without having that information.

Clearly the parents 'liked' CS very much (based on CS's comment about JT's statement to her)......

IF they are not involved in Lisa's disappearance - and truly believe that LE is only trying to prove that - how terribly confused, apprehensive, and distrusting they must be. If I thought LE was trying to build a case against me that I was innocent of - I think I might distance myself from LE, too -- in the hopes that it would somehow force them to be looking in other directions? Add that in with family telling them they should be taking advantage of this 'world known' attorney --

There are so many pieces that we JUST DON'T KNOW it is impossible to to do anything other than make 'assumptions' and that doesn't prove anything one way or the other.

Do you think they've got a signed contract with someone so that they can't get out?

not sure.. but one reporter did ask how was the family getting money/paying bills... CS said that they had a team set up to work on donations, etc that never got in motion... but she said she didn't know how they were getting funds...

BS says he's not. That's a "different thing" is the exact words he said to Joy Behar. BS is being paid by the benefactor. We had local reporters talking about people being paid by "networks" that got slipped into the end of BS's first press conference. I'm going with JT being paid by national networks for exclusive interviews.

CS says she was working for free I believe?

MOO

If the parents are taking advice from family members - who knows what they are saying to influence them? Could be "this attorney has way more resources, more clout, more experience....." Who knows? I think it's hard to really presume to know their motives on making the decision without having that information.

Clearly the parents 'liked' CS very much (based on CS's comment about JT's statement to her)......

IF they are not involved in Lisa's disappearance - and truly believe that LE is only trying to prove that - how terribly confused, apprehensive, and distrusting they must be. If I thought LE was trying to build a case against me that I was innocent of - I think I might distance myself from LE, too -- in the hopes that it would somehow force them to be looking in other directions? Add that in with family telling them they should be taking advantage of this 'world known' attorney --

There are so many pieces that we JUST DON'T KNOW it is impossible to to do anything other than make 'assumptions' and that doesn't prove anything one way or the other.

Well said and

:wagon: to WS hoppy! :seeya:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader