Cyndy Short Press Conference~31 October 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She thinks Tacopina didn't think she would be as aggressive as she was. Believes that when you work a case, you need to be on the ground and talking to real people instead of worried about the media.

BBM......she says at a, wait for it..... PRESS CONFERENCE WITH THE MEDIA.

You couldn't make this stuff up, I swear.

CS said her firm will still pay for/maintain the website, will take tips and pass them to LE, will talk to people in the community, will print and pass out fliers

((I am not among the majority here but I liked what she said... but that is okay.. we are allowed to have our own opinion here at websleuths:rocker:))

I don't really have any major issues with her either. I can't fault her for trying to maintain her professional reputation after it took a "hit" so publicly. Time will tell if she does what she intends to do and quietly sinks out of the limelight.

Welcome, hoppy!!!!!!

:welcome:

Do we know for a fact that JT is being paid by the benefactor? Who was paying CS?

No we don't and it is one thing we will never know unless the benefactor decides to speak out. I have never heard him speak about who pays him in cases and have followed a few, even though i think the LE union pays some of the cop ones ..but thats jmo from following one or two of those cases.

Now let me get this straight.

CS made media availabilty and press releases and arranged media tours.

JT cancelled them

yet JT is the one looking for publicity????????????

add to that this circus this morning and all i can say is :banghead:

On GMA this a.m., JT made it clear that the matter was not going to continue with the previous level of media contact. CS brought in 17 people... Who were these 17 people? Think they might have been leaking?

Exactly. My overall impression is this: IF baby Lisa was truly kidnapped, the family would have stayed with her. She has many connections to the community and a fair amount of pull. She would have gotten the community to support the family eventually and the local media too.

BUT, they chose JT instead, and that tells me that they are guilty, because he is alienating them further, along with BS in tow. Now the family has completely left town...school was today. Did the boys return to class? I think we would have heard if they came home by now.

I tend to agree. Their decisions are more about protecting them than finding Lisa. JT is protecting them.Period

CS made a fatal mistake...she was willing to work with local media. JT and his clients have "exclusives" for big bucks.

JMHO

Me THINKS that JT wasn't willing to share..........

But, again, that's

JMHO

Does anyone think wild bill was paid for his tour of the house? nbc?

Does anyone else get the impression that maybe this was more of a clarification conference. Lets face it, when a respected atty is off a [high-profile] case, rumors can fly (and they did).

Do you think she could be cited with making her clients "look bad" in any way for leaving the case (makes them look guilty or leaves a question publicly), so she needed to make sure this "break-up" was done in a much more professional fashion; rather than a JT "She's fired" media frenzy, she was clarifying the true reasons of what the actual reasons were than she "abandoned" her clients?

I liked her! We all wanted to know what happened and she told us.moo I didnt think she would. :seeya:

Does anyone else get the impression that maybe this was more of a clarification conference. Lets face it, when a respected atty is off a [high-profile] case, rumors can fly (and they did).

Do you think she could be cited with making her clients "look bad" in any way for leaving the case (makes them look guilty or leaves a question publicly), so she needed to make sure this "break-up" was done in a much more professional fashion; rather than a JT "She's fired" media frenzy, she was clarifying the true reasons of what the actual reasons were than she "abandoned" her clients?

Quit being so logical, KCMommie. ;)

I stand in awe of those who can so easily pass judgement.

I know, right? CS has judged these parents as completely innocent, yet hasn't seen one shred of evidence or information LE has. So weird.

If it's not to much trouble, can you tell us what she's doing to find Lisa? TIA

No sound here at work

Didn't she say boots on the ground, running and funding a website, tip line and going out in to the community for help. She was also going to the community to help fund these people by paying bills etc.....seems to me she was doing rather a lot and is continuing to do so.

I didn't find her to be whiny in the least. And I guarantee that some people around here would be complaining if she even put out a statement instead of having a press-conference. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I can't speak for anyone else but it's a matter of professionalism to me or at least maintaining the appearance of professionalism. For her to come out openly criticising the other lawyerand more or less implying that the parents made the 'wrong' choice - well who exactly is that helping? Certainly not the family.

JMHO

Me THINKS that JT wasn't willing to share..........

But, again, that's

JMHO

I agree. JT's got the name, high profile status, media talking head, yada, yada, yada. If there's money to be made on this case, JT doesn't want a bite, or even a slice: He wants the whole enchilada! jmo

Do we know for a fact that JT is being paid by the benefactor? Who was paying CS?

I'm sure I'm in the minority...lots of love for JT here....but, I don't and have never believed there is some rich benefactor or reward. JT is a media sensation. As for CS getting paid? No clue. And, don't care.

yes, I do...

She was also tactful, succinct, and pretty much answered all the questions that were asked at the end as well.

I don't think what she conveyed today could have been done via press release

furthermore it answered a lot of questions that I personally had regarding the circumstances of last week...

:twocents:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back