Cyndy Short Press Conference~31 October 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM. I'd say that train has left the station. I spent a couple hours reading through comments to the local news stories and it isn't pretty. Getting uglier as each day of perceived hiding passes.

I gave up reading those and learned my lesson from the CA case..people can be pretty ugly and so petty on those boards behind their computer screens...:::An unintentional suck-up alert:::... I do appreciate the politeness and appropriate monitoring I find on this forum...

More than anything, the CS presser convinced me that DB and JI know that they need a heavy hitter, and they weren't going to get that with Ms. Short. "Stolen baby"? Yeah, right. :rolleyes: jmo

I think there are a lot of people in the KC metro area who want to help with donations for Lisa and her family but hesitate to go through Joe and Co. I hope they feel more willing knowing a local attorney is willing to assist them.

KC has deep pockets when it comes to helping their fellow citizens. If Ms Short can channel their efforts, power to her.

It steams me to no end the after effects of the Anthony trial. It created pox of distrust and it shouldn't be that way. :banghead:

More than anything, the CS presser convinced me that DB and JI know that they need a heavy hitter, and they weren't going to get that with Ms. Short. "Stolen baby"? Yeah, right. :rolleyes: jmo

I am not saying this is the case, because I haven't formed a firm opinion about the parents' involvement at this time, and readily admit that there are many things that they have said and done that make me wonder what really happened, BUT I'm not sure how a person feeling that they need an attorney that could do a good job of defending them is an indication of guilt. Wouldn't an innocent person who felt they were the main suspect in an investigation and might very well be charged as such also want a heavy hitter?

Let's hope he is as "efficient" with the Irwins as he was with Melanie Mcguire!:crazy:

Well, hopefully this will be the end of the attorney spin. CS is off the local case, JT says he's not going to play this out in the media, and BS has had his 15 minutes.

My hope is that the next people we will hear from are LE, even if that takes weeks or months. I really hope the circus has left town on this one for good now that the whole thing is dying down in the press.

These media displays are just becoming disgusting.

I am not saying this is the case, because I haven't formed a firm opinion about the parents' involvement at this time, and readily admit that there are many things that they have said and done that make me wonder what really happened, BUT I'm not sure how a person feeling that they need an attorney that could do a good job of defending them is an indication of guilt. Wouldn't an innocent person who felt they were the main suspect in an investigation and might very well be charged as such also want a heavy hitter?

I agree. There may also be a contract with the family and JT. IDK.

If CS can do any local help, without being a lawyer, then good for her. I hope she really does try to help.

On The Today Show this a.m. there was a clip of some local citizens that did their own search in the woods, only 5 or 6 people. Don't know how LE felt about it, but someone needs to be doing some "ground" searching. I thought that was a good sign.

I totally agree !

:waitasec: A $100,000 Reward ... ya would "think" that "someone" would have come forward by now ...

That's a lot of $$$$$ -- especially in this economy.

:waitasec: I wish "someone" would come forward because I would like to see Bill Stanton [and "benefactor"] put his $$$$$ where his mouth is !

MOO ...

Well how do you expect the parents to come forward and collect the reward money, now how would that look? :floorlaugh:

Before the bashing starts, it was just a joke to lighten the moment! :)

She mentioned the baby numerous times, she mentioned she's going to maintain the website.

Some people are going to criticize anything.

Respectfully, I do not see this as "criticism" but a reporting of what was ACTUALLY SAID by Ms. Short ...

Ms. Short repeatedly referred to Lisa as this "little girl" ... "this child" ...

Lisa was 10 MONTHS OLD at the time that she went "missing" -- she is still an INFANT and was just learning to walk ... she is still a BABY !

Also ... there was NO PHOTOGRAPHS -- NO PICTURES -- of BABY LISA !

Ms. Short "claims" she is going to "continue her search for Baby Lisa ... and that's fine ... then use the FREE AIR TIME wisely -- and HOLD UP a photo of "missing" Baby Lisa ...

IMO ... this "presser" was to do "damage control" regarding Ms. Short and Joe T's "disagreement" ...

It was about their "EGO's" as lawyers ...

MOO MOO and MOO ...

Cyndy Short had a legitimate reason for this press conference. Her reputation!

There is no doubt in my mind that JT represented her work with him on this case in a manner that was acceptable to her or she would never have joined the case. JT knew what and how to get her interested while he had no plans for her to really get involved. Dishonest, yes but not unusual for a defense lawyer! He also needed a hands-on attorney while he was out of the country.

Once Cyndy Short got involved, she realized the depth of local damage that had to be cleared. Local support is a necessity - bringing big wig anybodies in does not set well in a community. She came into the case when it seemed daily new happenings were occurring, so she has been on a non-stop path working with DB & JI. They knew she was on their side. She spoke to them in language they understood, not at them where they did not know exactly what JT was telling them, imo.

Deborah is google eyed over JT, big time lawyer from NY to represent her :)
Jeremy is intimidated by JT, and loves Cyndi Short as she is calm and he trusts her. Each person has their own opinon.

Do you know what it feels like to be fired? For Cyndi Short to be let go, fired,
from a national case is a big slap in the face!! I can gurantee you that
what went on behind the scenes between her & JT was ugly. She was used and abused in the legal field by JT and she spoke up in a respectable manner!

I really enjoy your posts- they are all very well thought out-Thank you!!!

Question: YOUR BABY HAS JUST BEEN KIDNAPPED! You seek assistance and are presented with two different options:
1. A local attorney who has a high degree of care for you and your rights. She shows a great deal of compassion for your predicament, and is very concerned about your baby and wants to do everything possible to use the media and find her. Her legal reputation is stellar, she is easy to talk to, friendly, and has compiled a staff of seventeen just for this case. She has even offerred to do all of this for free. Above all else, she feels you are INNOCENT and wants to help you find your baby.
2. An out-of-state attorney has offered his services as well. He is considered the most hated lawyer in New York. He has a 40 foot yacht, a Mazerati, 5,000 dollar suits and has gotten killers off like Joran Vandersloot, to name just one example. He is a <modsnip>. He has spent the majority of time in Rome since on the case to search for your baby, and given numerous interviews to national media and appears to be after as much face time as he can get. He from all appearances appears to be handling your case as if your were GUILTY, and preparing for your defense to get you off murder charges.
Which do you choose?

OH! I KNOW!!! The answer is: the one who's next sentence is "And you can hire me for free."

Respectfully, I do not see this as "criticism" but a reporting of what was ACTUALLY SAID by Ms. Short ...

Ms. Short repeatedly referred to Lisa as this "little girl" ... "this child" ...

Lisa was 10 MONTHS OLD at the time that she went "missing" -- she is still an INFANT and was just learning to walk ... she is still a BABY !

Ms. Short "claims" she is going to "continue her search for Baby Lisa ... and that's fine ... then use the FREE AIR TIME wisely -- and HOLD UP a photo of "missing" Baby Lisa ...

IMO ... this "presser" was to do "damage control" regarding Ms. Short and Joe T's "disagreement" ...

MOO MOO and MOO ...

Respectfully, I really don't see what the issue is with calling Lisa a little girl or a child. I would refer to her as a little girl - she looks so big, and she's almost a year old. Personally, I don't refer to children as babies unless they are newborn. And also - Lisa is a child.

Frankly, I don't understand quibbling over such minor terminology as this.

MOO MOO and MOO ...

Do you think no one knew who baby Lisa was? The fact that she didn't hold up a picture means people wouldn't know who she was talking about, or she didn't really care about Lisa without a picture? If she held up a picture that proves that she cares for her?

It really seems nit picky to me in light of everything to attack her for using the word child instead of infant, or little girl instead of baby. They all mean the same thing really.

JMHO

MOO MOO and MOO ...

Is there evidence or data that establishes that holding up a baby's picture or referring to them by one pronoun vs. another pronoun vs. their name leads to better outcomes like finding the baby or the truth?

Or does the evidence merely suggest these particulars make those people not involved in the case feel better?

Honestly, we here in KC are not suffering from a lack of Baby Lisa photos, or use of her name. Seriously, she's everywhere -- thankfully.

Frankly, IMO, I prefer people in my community act like CS and actually worry more about matter-of-fact honesty that focuses our city on finding this little girl and worry less about a dog a pony show meant for pacifying the critics and national press -- that's the kind of thing JT can bill this "benefactor" for.

MOO MOO and MOO ...

Yes and it will be great if Ms Short does indeed intend to now focus on helping to find LISA, but she sure as heck missed a golden opportunity to get LISA'S face back in the spotlight :( (ETA after seeing cowtowners post above my own, I am glad to hear that Lisa's picture is still prominent there) Always good to hear from a local :)

JMO but if finding Lisa is so important to her she could have recommended that the boys get to answer some questions. But she said if she got her way it would never happen.

Yes and it will be great if Ms Short does indeed intend to now focus on helping to find LISA, but she sure as heck missed a golden opportunity to get LISA'S face back in the spotlight :(

Uh, I LIVE in Kansas City. I'm eating lunch and there's a picture of her on the front door. I passed a billboard with her on it. Her face is on the news EVERY night.

<modsnip>

JMO but if finding Lisa is so important to her she could have recommended that the boys get to answer some questions. But she said if she got her way it would never happen.

I do wonder about that, particularly in light of the contradictory statements regarding time of questioning by LE and JT. I'm wondering if the boys were questioned by independent investigators brought in by BS or JT, and Short was displeased by their tactics. Or perhaps she saw it have a negative effect on the boys.

Or, perhaps she's concerned about false memories, if LE are coming across as targeting DB. I can think of a few reasons why she wouldn't want the boys questioned again, and since she's privy to more information on the case than me, I'm thinking she's probably got a good reason. I think there's more to this than plain stonewalling.

Plus, if it were her against it and JT for it, then why did JT cancel? Very confusing.

I do like that she basically called out JT for being a media *advertiser censored*.

Yeah, cuz, who knew that???

Is there a link up yet? I'm running out of lunch time and I can't find one...if someone has it, maybe post it to the MSM sticky thread?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScoopyC
Back