Cynthia Short-Local Attorney no longer representing Irwin and Bradley

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the link:
“To (police), refusing to cooperate means not wanting to sign a confession,” said Sean O’Brien, one of the attorneys.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/20/3220223/baby-lisas-lawyers-say-police.html#ixzz1bQe3a52I

That is exactly what I posted the other day. Sounds to me like they have been cooperating, just not the way LE wants them to... IOW, sign a confession.

I would say that these attorneys are exactly what these parents need right now. Even if they are guilty, they are going to need a good defense, and if they're not.... then they still need it.

bbm. thank you for posting this. i can't be sure, but i'm inclined to believe that is exactly what is going on here.

Ridonkulous...my other thoughts posted on the other thread...

If Cynthia Short is working pro bono, does that mean JT is working pro bono too since he's a more expensive lawyer?

I don't have a link but I heard somewhere (or maybe read it!) that the person who put up the 100k reward is paying JT's fees.

JT was asked who was paying his fees and he refused to answer the question during his Press Conference when he was first brought on the case.

IMO, there is a lot of speculation that it could be this benefactor, but we don't know for sure.

All appointments?!?!?! Does this mean the boys will not be interviewed tomorrow also. How cute to be playing the media while a child's life is at stake.

All appointments?!?!?! Does this mean the boys will not be interviewed tomorrow also. How cute to be playing the media while a child's life is at stake.

That's what it sounds loike to me - all Kansas City appointments on Thursday and Friday.

Unbelievable.....

Sure reads that way to me ... ?? Hopefully (or perhaps sadly) something is about to break? I want to go back and find out when was the last point anyone involved has even mentioned the name LISA?? Did Ms Short mention her name at all through the last "tour" ... I know she certainly did not put out a hue and cry to the kidnappers to return this baby...or to the public to keep Lisa's face and name in the forefront...I know she is a defense atty but I still just want to say 'shame shame shame on you' to her!!!

Statement from attorney Cyndy Short on why this morning's news conference and house walk-through had been cancelled: "That last few weeks have been exhausting to everyone working on behalf of the Irwin family, it has exhausted Lisa's parents and her friends and family. Therefore, the consensus is we all need a rest until next week. Therefore the pool camera photo walk through and press conference scheduled for today and tomorrow are being postponed until next week."
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 4:42 PM

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1c1EwmsNa

This is the first case I have ever followed this closely, but I have never heard of an attorney doing a media walk-through of a house/potential crime scene. A house is your home and private. It just strikes me as so odd, to have your missing child's home on display like this. It's like the tour they do of the White House or Hollywood or Queen's Palace. It just seems like it is something the defence is trying to proove something. Like, if they put everything on display (the house) and are honest/forth-coming about every (DB drunk), then you can't condemn DB and there is no case. Just seems like she is playing the media and the media is conforming.

I don't have a link but I heard somewhere (or maybe read it!) that the person who put up the 100k reward is paying JT's fees.

I was watching Bill Stanton on Joy Behar last night and he said the benefactor is only paying his fees and the reward money - I believe he specifically said that person is not paying the lawyers.

I was watching Bill Stanton on Joy Behar last night and he said the benefactor is only paying his fees and the reward money - I believe he specifically said that person is not paying the lawyers.

He didn't say anything about Cynthia Short but it was reported earlier that she's working pro bono.
JOY BEHAR, HOST: It`s been three weeks since 11-month-old Lisa Irwin vanished from her Kansas City, Missouri home. Now, there are conflicting reports about whether the parents are cooperating with the police. And the cops are saying that they want the parents to submit to separate interviews to answer some, as they say, tough questions.

With me now to discuss this case is Bill Stanton, private investigator working with the Irwin family on the Baby Lisa case. Ok. So who hired you, Bill?

BILL STANTON, PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR: Well, you know, it sounds so TV - - a mysterious wealthy benefactor and she`s been identified as a woman. And she is my friend, I know her.

BEHAR: Oh, you know who she is.

STANTON: Yes. I know who she is. I`m friends with her and coincidentally she is friends with a family member who I happen to know. I wouldn`t say we were necessarily friends but I was introduced to that person through her years ago.

BEHAR: So she has donated $100,000.

STANTON: Well, more than that.

BEHAR: More than that.

STANTON: A lot more than that.

BEHAR: So that pays your salary --

STANTON: Yes.

BEHAR: And your -- Tacopina`s salary --

STANTON: No.

BEHAR: Not his?

STANTON: No. Joe, is different thing.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1110/25/joy.01.html

Members online