Daily News Conferences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is Friday's news conference.

If any of you are active You Tube users, please consider giving these videos a rating and/or leave a comment to let the channel owner there is interest if he puts these up. He is some kind of satellite installer or something; I think the equipment he uses to capture these videos gives us a great quality and I'd like to encourage him to keep posting them. (Mods: if this violates a TOS, I will gladly remove this paragraph. Thanks)

Parts 1 & 2:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIzzOOYLgo4&feature=channel"]YouTube - Police interview on the property of Phillip and Nancy Garrido kidnapping suspects 9/18/09[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1uqk7I4t1g&feature=channel"]YouTube - Police interview on the property of Phillip and Nancy Garrido kidnapping suspects 9/18/09 part 2[/ame]

Evidently, this morning a different cadaver dog has indicated on the same general area where the previous dogs indicated and ground penetrating radar indicated a disturbance. They will start digging in this area today.

I think that this may be the day when things get very bad... :(

Evidently, this morning a different cadaver dog has indicated on the same general area where the previous dogs indicated and ground penetrating radar indicated a disturbance. They will start digging in this area today.

I think that this may be the day when things get very bad... :(

I just read the dog today is trained in old Bones. I agree today is not going to be for the weak of heart in any way shape or form.:furious:

Channel 4 to air Jaycee Lee Dugard documentary
Monday 21 September 2009 14.13 BST

The Jaycee Lee Story will air on Thursday 1 October at 9pm on Channel 4.

Captive for 18 Years:
Documentary on Californian woman freed after over 18 years in captivity to air early next month as
part of Cutting Edge strand
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009...gard-channel-4

Chennal 4 is to air a fast-turnaround documentary on the kidnapping of Jaycee Lee Dugard, the Californian woman freed in August after over 18 years in captivity.

The documentary features "the first full-length interview" with Dugard's stepfather Carl Probyn, the prime suspect in the case since the 11-year-old Dugard's kidnap in 1991 until the arrest last month of her kidnapper, Phillip Garrido, with whom she fathered two children.

Captive for 18 Years: The Jaycee Lee Story, the first documentary broadcast in the latest run of flagship Channel 4 documentary strand Cutting Edge, is being made by Question Time producer Mentorn Media.

Dugard's case, which for 18 years had been one of America's most notorious unsolved crimes, was compared in the world's media with that of Natascha Kampusch, who was held prisoner in a dungeon in Austria for more than eight years.

Her discovery caused controversy due to her apparent development of Stockholm syndrome, as a result of which she may have become emotionally attached to her kidnapper, Garrido.

The programme also features interviews with classmates of Dugard as well as her headmistress, and "exclusive interviews with neighbours and business associates of Philip Garrido who reveal that in the months before the discovery, Garrido spoke about his 'conversations with God' and how a big event was coming that would change the world".

Captive for 18 Years was commissioned by Channel 4's Mark Raphael. Steve Anderson will be executive producer for Mentorn Media.

Anderson said: "We have been working on the ground in California ever since Jaycee Lee Dugard was found living in the tents and sheds in the compound belonging to her kidnapper, Phillip Garrido.

"We are piecing together the key elements of an incredible story. The more we discover, the more unbelievable it is."

I'm hoping he's allowed to re-connect with Jaycee. He's been through alot of unfair accusations, he attempted to go after the Garrido's, and he gave very accurate descriptions of them!

I hope so too! Carl was subjected to a lot of accusations over the years. The police made the assumption that he did something to Jaycee. Eventually, his marriage broke up and I'm sure it was due to the stress of all that happened. I'm sure that for Carl, learning that Jaycee was alive was a tremendous weight lifted from his shoulders.

It would be nice if he and Terry were eventually reunited. It would be a positive new beginning.

I hope so too! Carl was subjected to a lot of accusations over the years. The police made the assumption that he did something to Jaycee. Eventually, his marriage broke up and I'm sure it was due to the stress of all that happened. I'm sure that for Carl, learning that Jaycee was alive was a tremendous weight lifted from his shoulders.

It would be nice if he and Terry were eventually reunited. It would be a positive new beginning.

Yes poor guy was a suspect, his marriage went through the ringer his wife was distraught, his career
often on hold, and they did try hard to make a go of it but couldn't; yet they did remain really close friends, I hope with JC's return they just may rekindle what they had in the first place. :beats:
That should be in the movie. Oh I love happy endings and they always make me cry.

We don't really know where she is. Hints in the media indicate that she initally stayed in a motel, then they said she was in seclusion. She could be at her mother's home, but I would guess that media are probably still staking that out.

When she went to the home with LE her therapist went with her. That leads me to believe that she is recieving emotional assistance. There will be a need for therapy not only for Jaycee, but also for her daughters.

Early on media reports indicated that they were looking for the best way to ease Jaycee and her girls back into the public. Media indicated that they would probably look to the Fritzel case for ideas. That girl went to a kind of halfway house and was given privacy, intensive therapy and lots of support. Something tells me that whatever the arrangements are for Jaycee and her girls, she is getting nothing less.
BBM
They are in the Bay area in a secluded home - a secret hide away.

Certainly I can understand why they would not go home to her moms house - the paparazzi would have a field day.
I am so happy it has been handled so graciously. It is good for my heart to see that they have a staff and are cared for now.
I never read about a half way house. I read they are getting De-programed and are well taken care of emotionally and mentally.
Are fed similar to the ways they used to eat. Have all the comforts they had not known before while they are learning the real world, they live in a rented house with staff for security, not a half way house.
BUT in a way perhaps you can call it that.

I imagine they will always need privacy, and maybe her mom's house is to small and needs to be sold.
Maybe she can whisk JC to that house in the night with security, just so she can see it and then put it on the sell marker and get one much bigger. They will always need privacy and nobody needs to know where they really are.

Can anyone update us on today's 4 pm News Conference? Missed it, and it's not up yet.

Thanks!

I missed most of it, too, MBK. My computer chose that time to shut down, grrrrrr. I will ask that YouTube satellite guy (psb2usa) to put up the video ASAP if he captured it, and will post it in this thread if he does.

One thing I caught at the end of the conference, there will not be a 9am briefing tomorrow, only the 4 pm.

Dirt Turned In Yard Near Garrido Home
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vSlZJXZHls"]YouTube - Dirt Turned In Yard Near Garrido Home[/nomedia]

Thanks Songline!

I agree with what the news commentator said........"it's as if LE has a pretty good idea of what they're looking for." In other words, they're acting on a tip or another piece of evidence has led them to this excavation.

I knew when they bought the radar machines that they were going to be seriously looking today.
I think they said that there will not be a 9 AM report tomorrow but there will be another 4 PM report tomorrow.

YES I also noticed that they were digging very close to the house.

Our new friend at YouTube already has the videos up for us from this afternoon's press conference!

Part 1 and 2:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwhGwhl54Q0"]YouTube - Police interview on the property of Phillip and Nancy Garrido kidnapping suspects 9/21/09[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK7_43kuxxk"]YouTube - Police interview on the property of Phillip and Nancy Garrido kidnapping suspects 9/21/09[/ame]

Michaela's mom, Sharon Murch, speaks briefly at the end of Part 2.

Thanks to psb2usa for the prompt upload!

Was Jaycee the Garridos’ only kidnap victim?
Sharon Murch hopes property search will yield clues to her missing daughter

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/32960103/ns/today-today_people/
updated 1 hour, 16 minutes ago 9/21/9

Phillip and Nancy Garrido's house in Antioch, with its warren of dilapidated backyard shacks and tents, may have been an 18-year nightmare for Jaycee Dugard. But for Sharon Murch, it is a source of hope.

After waiting for 21 years to find out what happened to her daughter, Michaela Garecht, who was kidnapped from Hayward, Calif., in 1988 at age 9, Murch is optimistic her questions will be answered by crime scene investigators who have been searching Garrido's house and a neighbor's property.

The searchers, who returned Monday, were granted warrants to seek clues that might link him to Michaela or another missing girl, Ilene Misheloff, abducted in 1989 from nearby Dublin, Calif.

"There are times in the past when I have given in to the thought that she might not still be alive," says Murch, who keeps a blog and information on MissingMichaela.com. "You never want to think of your child enduring endless suffering. But [after Jaycee], this gives me new hope."

<<<SNIP>>> More at the link

I watched it on teevee and caught most but not all of it. It seems that they did do some digging on the adjacent property today, and that it had to do with the County Building Inspector people, and the septic tank on that property. Nothing was unearthed regarding this case. All the agencies are working together.

They didn't seem to optimistic about finding anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdombr25
Back