Dan Rassier: Former POI **Wrongly accused**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, according to all the weird crap he said in these warrants, no wonder they suspected him.
"During the hypnotic interview, [DR] was asked if he knew Jacob Wetterling. [DR] indicated no and then began crying, stating he didn't think he would do this."
He didn't think who would do what? :thinking:

Wow, according to all the weird crap he said in these warrants, no wonder they suspected him.
"During the hypnotic interview, [DR] was asked if he knew Jacob Wetterling. [DR] indicated no and then began crying, stating he didn't think he would do this."
He didn't think who would do what? :thinking:

That's why I'm saying, I think many people; (I hesitate to say men because I know there are strange women out there too), that have obsessive, bad thoughts about children. They may never act out on those thoughts but they live with them in their heads.

This whole thing is just strange.

I can completely understand DR wanting to sue LE and the news stations. I've always said that the media has absolutely no right to plaster a person's face, address and name all over the nightly news just because they are being investigated for a crime. It taints the 'innocent until proven guilty' part.

After enough of these types of lawsuits, perhaps the media will start investigating and reporting the news like this only after someone is convicted.

I can completely understand DR wanting to sue LE and the news stations. I've always said that the media has absolutely no right to plaster a person's face, address and name all over the nightly news just because they are being investigated for a crime. It taints the 'innocent until proven guilty' part.

After enough of these types of lawsuits, perhaps the media will start investigating and reporting the news like this only after someone is convicted.

If they arrest someone, say Danny Heinrich , and nobody knows who it is, how do people know they have things to say that adds to information?

If they arrest someone, say Danny Heinrich , and nobody knows who it is, how do people know they have things to say that adds to information?
I'm not comprehending what your comment is, can you please expand?

There is a man in the news who was charged with molesting a neighbor child. The news in that state had this man's face and name on every news outlet, news paper ect.. His face and story was all over social media, sharing again and again with comments about killing this guy and what a he was. (I will NOT be posting a link or any other information because it will further victimize an innocent person).

Turns out, this man was completely innocent. The neighbor didn't like him and brainwashed /coerced the child to tell the police this story about him.

Now that he's innocent, he can't recover from that. There will always be people who think he is guilty. I'm sure it ruined his life. Job prospects ect..

Where I live the news has now started just reporting on the crime itself. "The hairdresser on Main Avenue and 4th street was robbed at gun point, if you have any information please call the police station." That sort of thing.

I'm not comprehending what your comment is, can you please expand?

If a person is arrested, LE would not be able to ask the public if anyone has info about the arrested person. If a murderer, goes to trial, gets off, and cannot be tried again,then it is over,

Public has info but they did not know that person was arrested. So no way to tell their info

We see now what happened by not naming Heinrich a POI. Ummm, Jacob. It's not necessary to play POI tactics.

I simply cannot understand the smirking when a little boy is missing. There is nothing thaf can be said that makes it palatable

Well, yes, I agree with that. Then again, maybe it depends on what one considers a smirk. Maybe he was grimacing, or thinking something like "I can't believe this **** ", or maybe he had a stomach ache, Idk. I guess they should have taken a picture for the record. IOW, I don't necessarily trust everyone's definition of a smirk. Including LE, especially after the way they treated him with no evidence to back it up.

I can"t blame LE for what they did honestly. I blame Heinrich for all of this.

You don't blame LE for putting DR through years of undeserved misery and grief?

ETA: From what I read it wasn't the FBI, so I don't blame them. But please correct me if I'm wrong as I don't have time to go back and find the link. :/. But just for the record, I am usually pro LE. Unless they unnecessarily torture an innocent man for years.

OMG - DR is just a slightly weird guy. In the most benign way. . My ex-husband (a very nice guy) is a voracious reader and keeps files of everything - like he actually cuts things out of the newspaper of interest. His mom also does it. Idiosyncratic maybe. Not suggestive of pathology. If The abduction hadn't happened at DR doorstep nobody would be reading anything at all into his remarks. I can't even possibly imagine how resentful and downright angry I would feel if 30 years of my life were spent being falsely suspected of child murder.But it would be extreme. And I am sad for him that we begrudge him even a "smirk." A smirk that is clearly meant for LE and not Jacob.

You don't blame LE for putting DR through years of undeserved misery and grief?

ETA: From what I read it wasn't the FBI, so I don't blame them. But please correct me if I'm wrong as I don't have time to go back and find the link. :/. But just for the record, I am usually pro LE. Unless they unnecessarily torture an innocent man for years.

What do you think about the cadaver dog hits and the blood spatter? What could be a reasonable explanation? Do you think LE should have ignored all of that?

If a person is arrested, LE would not be able to ask the public if anyone has info about the arrested person. If a murderer, goes to trial, gets off, and cannot be tried again,then it is over,

Public has info but they did not know that person was arrested. So no way to tell their info

OH! Right I exactly see what you are saying. That's a valid point. How can people come forward to tell the police something if they don't know who/what is going on. Yes, that is a sticking point to be sure and I do not have a good answer for it.

What do you think about the cadaver dog hits and the blood spatter? What could be a reasonable explanation? Do you think LE should have ignored all of that?

Hold the phone! I missed anything about cadaver dogs. When did that happen?

Human, IB, Re: the cadaver dogs and DR's off-kilter remarks --- LE had shoeprints AND tire tracks at the scene of abduction, matching those of a known and active child molester with absolutely no alibi. Really? ANY innocent explanation for that? I don't think so.

I think it's too bad that the boys' not seeing any vehicle was given a little too much weight. Years ago someone in this forum wrote what is probably the case - that while running literally for your life through the woods, the sound of the wind rushing through your ears would tend to block out he noise of a vehicle exiting the driveway. And it totally makes sense to me that he would conceal his car a bit when he parked.

And as lots have already said here, the no-vehicle hypothesis is what did in DR.

Then you have the tracker Steve Mund recently coming out and saying he supported the car theory the whole time. How much did he know the whole time.

Human, IB, Re: the cadaver dogs and DR's off-kilter remarks --- LE had shoeprints AND tire tracks at the scene of abduction, matching those of a known and active child molester with absolutely no alibi. Really? ANY innocent explanation for that? I don't think so.

I think it's too bad that the boys' not seeing any vehicle was given a little too much weight. Years ago someone in this forum wrote what is probably the case - that while running literally for your life through the woods, the sound of the wind rushing through your ears would tend to block out he noise of a vehicle exiting the driveway. And it totally makes sense to me that he would conceal his car a bit when he parked.

And as lots have already said here, the no-vehicle hypothesis is what did in DR.

I agree that relying on the terrified children re a car was probably not a good idea. But as you know, they thought there was a car until 2004 when Kevin came forward,

Perhaps they thought that Heinrich and DR had some kind of relationship, Did they not question a different child sex offender that DR knew that lived out of state?

Guys, what are you doing? Heinrich confessed. Jacob's remains have been brought home. People have apologized to DR on this forum.

Why are you all analyzing him all over again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member