Dan Rassier: Former POI **Wrongly accused**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is very sad that his mother thought he could have done it

True, but it seems he was really just trying to help in any way he could. I just watched this tv interview with him from a few years ago. Apologies if it's been linked here before. He comes across as very honest, very sincere in wanting to help find JW. He felt that, living near the crime scene, seeing the cars that night, etc. that he had an obligation to do everything he could to assist. In a way, his attitude seems typical considering he's spent most of his life teaching kids.

http://www.kare11.com/news/local/julie-nelson-sits-down-with-dan-rassier/313361640

I don't find him eccentric. I find him a very intelligent person, not very warm and fuzzy, but very concerned in his own way. Horrible what he and his family went through but, in spite of the poor treatment by LE, he was still always willing to answer questions, allow searches, etc. Not many people would have done that.

I agree, he was trying to do anything to help, but there was a bit of naivete on his part. He was lucky, I think, that the police he was dealing with were honest enough to want to solve the crime rather than just railroading him to close the case. One rotten cop among the local PD and DR would probably be pleading his innocence from behind bars, and Jacob would never have been found at all.

I'm glad DR has had the cloud of suspicion lifted so he can move on with his life.

DR consented to be hypnotized. Obviously he was only trying to clear himself and move the investigation along. The fact that he agreed to go along with it should have been interpreted as evidence of his non-involvement. For someone who has abducted and murdered a child to undergo hypnotism at the hands of Law Enforcement would be absolutely crazy and reckless, as crazy and reckless as abducting a child, in front of two witnesses,mat the end of your own driveway. Of course, I can see someone figuring that anyone that crazy and reckless would breakdown pretty easily if you push them hard enough. In real life, I think it is a pretty bad idea to let anyone hypnotize you as part of a criminal investigation.

I wonder if he ever consulted a lawyer

"The case has impacted Rassier's life in ways that he says are hard to explain.
'It's impossible to fix what they broke,' he said.

He said the stress in recent years impacted his health, leaving him with headaches and causing him to miss work. As his relationships changed, he had to adapt and do more things on his own.

And while Heinrich's confession cleared Rassier, he's still troubled by the case. He feels for the Wetterlings, and now the truth has him wondering whether he could have done anything to stop the abduction.

'Would there have been anything that could've been done that could've saved him — if I would've done something differently?' he paused. 'The only thing that could've saved him would've been me chasing the car.'"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uction-clears-man-scrutiny.html#ixzz4JteoksOe

Wild guess .... I wonder if thru the years DH let it slip that Jacob was somewhere near a gravel pit ... maybe said it to one of his pervert buddies without revealing the exact location ..... and maybe that person told police to search "near a gravel pit"

The DR farm has a gravel pit and maybe that is why police were digging there in 2010 mistakenly thinking that was the one..

Mr Dan Rassier has been dragged thru the darkness much too long

Now that the sun has come up I wish I could gather the whole community together and we could sing this song to him.

[video=youtube;7ieCUL0OFDw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ieCUL0OFDw[/video]

Mr Dan Rassier has been dragged thru the darkness much too long

Now that the sun has come up I wish I could gather the whole community together and we could sing this song to him.

[video=youtube;7ieCUL0OFDw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ieCUL0OFDw[/video]

For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly goid fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow, which nobody can deny

My bonnie lies over the ocean my bonnie lies over the sea

Kookabura sits in an old gum tree..

Search Warrants Unsealed

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/local/2016/09/09/wetterling-search-warrants-unsealed/90021924/

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere...I haven't been here in a while.

That comment from the woman he dated about his other self having had sex (paraphrased), was most likely said in jest. Maybe she was a little slow and just didn't get it? And / or LE purposefully made something out of nothing.

If I were DR, I'd be smirking too knowing what he knew. I imagine he thought LE looked like a bunch of bungling fools, which sadly they were. That poor man, there's just no excuse.

"The suit is going to involve many agencies," he said in an interview. "It's going to involve a certain TV news station, a certain reporter. It's going to involve the BCA (Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension), probably the FBI because they were part of it, and obviously the Stearns County Sheriffs Department."

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2016/09/10/wetterling-wrongly-suspected-man-justice

Kudos to Dan, I hope he wins big time! I see he addresses the comment he made to that woman, just trying to let her down easy, lol. What a gentleman.

"The suit is going to involve many agencies," he said in an interview. "It's going to involve a certain TV news station, a certain reporter. It's going to involve the BCA (Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension), probably the FBI because they were part of it, and obviously the Stearns County Sheriffs Department."

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2016/09/10/wetterling-wrongly-suspected-man-justice

I wonder how the Statute of Limitations laws for civil suits will affect this?

That comment from the woman he dated about his other self having had sex (paraphrased), was most likely said in jest. Maybe she was a little slow and just didn't get it? And / or LE purposefully made something out of nothing.

If I were DR, I'd be smirking too knowing what he knew. I imagine he thought LE looked like a bunch of bungling fools, which sadly they were. That poor man, there's just no excuse.

Smirking because a child has been kidapped and missing for years?

Smirking because a child has been kidapped and missing for years?

Oh no, not at all. That they were ignoring everything he told them that was the truth, knowing that they were wrong, knowing that they had the wrong man. He was smirking at them because they looked like fools. They even tried to point the finger at him for becoming emotional over Jacobs abduction. Was he the only one around who was emotional about a kidnapped little boy? No, yet they turned even that around to fit their agenda. Jmo

Oh no, not at all. That they were ignoring everything he told them that was the truth, knowing that they were wrong, knowing that they had the wrong man. He was smirking at them because they looked like fools. They even tried to point the finger at him for becoming emotional over Jacobs abduction. Was he the only one around who was emotional about a kidnapped little boy? No, yet they turned even that around to fit their agenda. Jmo

I can"t blame LE for what they did honestly. I blame Heinrich for all of this.

I simply cannot understand the smirking when a little boy is missing. There is nothing thaf can be said that makes it palatable

I've just finished reading most of this search warrant.

I'm probably not going to be voted, 'Most Popular Sleuth on WS' after this post but here are some observations.

*). We tend to assume that because DH has confessed to this that all others in that area are innocent in their thoughts or actions. I don't believe that to be true. I think there are likely many individuals at any given time that have very bad thoughts about children.

*). I find it HIGHLY interesting and do not know what to make of the fact that DR was out digging around in his own gravel pit and found dog bones and stated he thought it was Jacob. Then, when Jacob is found there are animal bones found with his remains. This, I will have to ponder for a long time.

*). After reading the court transcript; DH clearly states he turned around in someone's driveway and parked his car and waited for the three to ride up on their bikes and when they did, he got out of the car.

Why then did the three not mention his car there. Why then did the investigators decide that there wasn't a car involved? The search warrant here states that the whole thing about a car not being involved started when the hypnotist decided to lead in a different direction of DR being involved and then there was no car.

(My dog can tell who is driving up before I can and if I'm home alone and worried, I just look at the dog. If he puts his head back down I just go back to whatever I was doing).

*). There are hundreds of known cases where completely innocent people confess to crimes they never could have committed. I was just reading about the psychology behind it. DR by his own admission is someone who is 'different' in society. He doesn't fit the local society norms and he was home alone when this happened. My opinion is that he was in a heightened state of anxiety due to his mother and father being gone. This set him up to behaving very oddly when LE interviewed him.

*). This case is a perfect example on how we are all human and we make mistakes. I have read a lot about how local LE dropped the ball on this case, supposedly because they were inexperienced. However here we have the lead investigator with 20+ years of experience signing off on this search warrant and it turns out the guy is innocent. It scares the #@$L out of me to think that if some crime is committed and some cop just becomes obsessed with believing YOU are guilty, you may very well end up in prison. Or at the very least having your life ripped apart for 20 years.

This case should be included in the training of LE everywhere. Teach them to not obsess with a single train of thought.

In even the darkest of events some good can come of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214