Dan Rassier: Former POI **Wrongly accused**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently spent some time reading about FBI profiling and cases of other abductions. I've noticed that it's common in unsovled cases such as Jacob's, to have a variety of suspects, rabbit holes, conspiracy theories, and the like. I'm posting this in multiple threads, so users may comment within the context of the intended purpose of the thread. I have more to add, and will do so following input from others.

I've also concluded there are two types of child molesters who would be the most likely perp in Jacob's case, IMO. One is the Preferential offender, the other is the Situational offender.

A Preferential offender is attracted to children, and typically targets a particular age or stage of development. They are most likely to prefer boys over girls, and generally prefer targeting one or the other, not both. Preferential offenders have the potential to molest large numbers of children. They generally exhibit one or a combination of three patterns of behavior: Seduction, Introverted, or Sadistic. The seductive molester targets children who are emotionally or physically neglected. He gives the child attention and gifts, and ultimately the victim becomes willing to trade these things for sex. They often seek long term relationships with their victims, and their biggest problem is breaking off the relationship once the victim is too old. The other big problem for seducers comes when a victim tries to "leave" the relationship before the molester is ready, and that can lead to threats or violence on the victim. A sadistic molester is aroused by inflicting pain on their victims and is more likely to abduct than other types of Preferential offenders. There are cases where a seducer escalates to a sadistic offender.

A Situational offender does not have a true sexual preference for children. A well known profiler says that this kind of molester is socially awkward, may live with their parents or adult family, and will tend to molest close to home. A Situational offender typically exhibits one or more of the following behavioral traits: Morally Indiscriminate, Regressed, Inadequate, and Sexually Indiscriminant. The morally indiscriminate offender may justify their offenses by saying "why not"? An inadequate molester has very low social confidence that may lead to extreme behavior under the right conditions. A Situational offender may offend over a wide range of frequency, from a "once in a lifetime" event to a long term record of offenses. Under the right circumstances, usually brought on by a stressor in the offender's life, he may abduct a child. Such an offender will keep close tabs on an investigation, gathering newspaper clippings and interjecting himself into the investigation. He will typically have a collection of detective magazines or adult *advertiser censored*.

DR happens to fit several of the characteristics of a Situational molester, but, that may be just coincidental. The footprints and tire tracks in the driveway suggest that Jacob was taken in a car. Also, there was no evidence of a body at the farm or house, and no sign or scent of Jacob whatsoever beyond that footprint 120' up the driveway. The focus on DR came after Kevin came forward (and I have no doubt that Kevin is telling the truth and had no involvement in the abduction).

There are no indications that DR committed any such offenses either before, or after, Jacob's abduction. For him to have done this, there would have had to have been a stressor in his life just prior to the kidnapping. Would the fact that his parents were gone be a stressor? Doesn't seem like a typical stressor, IMO.

But for me, the biggest thing is that early investigators were certain that Jared's and Jacob's kidnappings were related. And, we know for certain that DR was not Jared's abductor, he has an alibi and would have been recognized by Jared, no doubt.

There were specific similarities to these cases that led investigators to connect them almost immediately. The only scenario I can see that fits all this together, and would involve DR, is if teachers in Cold Spring knew of specific details of Jared's abduction, and that Jacob's abduction was a copycat crime made to look like it was the same perp as Jared. Is DR sophisticated enough to pull that off? And, there are significant differences between the cases as well, namely in the use of a mask and a gun, hidden car, etc. When Kevin told his story to the investigator their jaw dropped in shock, and thus the changing of the theory of the case. But how does LE miss the fact there were new tires on the car he drove? And that the tire tracks stopped just once, at the end of the driveway with his headlights pointing to the bikes, nowhere near the 120' mark?

In the end, if indeed the two cases are related, it seems that the perp's behavior in Jacob's case was an escalation of his behavior in Jared's. And, if that's the case, the behavior in Jared's case was likely an escalation of some prior behavior by the abductor.

What would bring him to a dead end road in tiny St. Joseph, I do not know.

Ok, so why is dan a POI? What is the gag order? What is in the sealed search warrants? What do the lie detector and hypnotisms say?

Of course the teachers at Cold Spring would know. There would be the gossip as well as a meeting to discuss the issue I am imagine.

Do the footprints fit DR or not? The dog scent means nothing. If you read many cases on dog search and how they miss .

Is the only thing that eliminates DAH as the perp his alibi? Do the footprnts of DAH and DR match? Jared has said to Joy he feels DAH is his perp although at the time, he did not ID him.

DAH is very short as well, but I imagine a black figure looming can grow in the mind.

Why did all of these top investigators dig up the farm at huge expense?

What did the cadaver dogs hit on at the farm and why?

A lot of missing pieces that do not seem to go together.

I wonder if Jared not identifying DAH had anything to do with canceling DAH as a suspect?

Although apparently no one can find the statements , I know for 100% positive it was stated at the time that he was not the perp.

I was so excited that they found him and then they said it was not him. That is true though I have ni evidence of it.

But maybe it was the way it was reported but in fact it was not true that he was eliminated.

A sealed search Warrant is usually to protect a POI or a suspect. It is sealed because they dont want to bring unwarranted PUBLIC attention to the POI

For example if Police believe you received a letter from a murderer they could obtain a sealed warrant to search your premises for the letter. They do not want to give the public perception that you are the murder.

For someone like DR , he can see and read the warrant , so can his lawyer if he wants , it is the public that are prevented from snooping and starting a bunch of gossip that may harm the reputation of the POI.

Another way to look at it , if no evidence was found during the search there is no reason for it to be made public. It serves no good purpose . If there was evidence found , then another warrant would be issued for arrest or whatever and would most likely be unsealed.

A sealed search Warrant is usually to protect a POI or a suspect. It is sealed because they dont want to bring unwarranted PUBLIC attention to the POI

For example if Police believe you received a letter from a murderer they could obtain a sealed warrant to search your premises for the letter. They do not want to give the public perception that you are the murder.

For someone like DR , he can see and read the warrant , so can his lawyer if he wants , it is the public that are prevented from snooping and starting a bunch of gossip that may harm the reputation of the POI.

Another way to look at it , if no evidence was found during the search there is no reason for it to be made public. It serves no good purpose . If there was evidence found , then another warrant would be issued for arrest or whatever and would most likely be unsealed.

Wow. DR can read the warrant? I suppose that makes sense because of the search and seizure protections, So he and his parents know what is in the warrant, I wonder if that is why the mother had such a hard time with it.

They are under no obligation to keep it silent, then. Yet they do,

I'm no lawyer so maybe Mossad can chime in but I don't believe even the Rassiers would've been able to see the sealed parts of the search warrant unless charges were brought? Warrants are sealed for many reasons and not just to protect the POI. Maybe it was to protect an informant, maybe it contained juvenile names related to a personal computer search from the farm in 2004 or maybe it would simply compromise the ongoing investigation and they were worried about potential evidence suddenly disappearing?

Wow. DR can read the warrant? I suppose that makes sense because of the search and seizure protections, So he and his parents know what is in the warrant, I wonder if that is why the mother had such a hard time with it.

Human do you know what is in the sealed warrants?

Human do you know what is in the sealed warrants?

That is exactly what a search warrant is , it is a legal document presented to the property owner allowing access by police. It is not written to anyone else. Without a warrant police cannot search private property except in urgent situations of life and death , say if a dangerous person runs into somebodies house police can follow

A warrant is signed by a impartial Judge who must first be convinced there is a good reason to search. It cannot be done on a whim.

Boy what a wild night, I called 911, a neighbor kid has been abducted, and then the helicoptor. I don't think I can be of any more help tonight so I am going to bed. Said DR

9:15 a.m. following day

Investigator: You saw a car at approximately the time of the abduction turn around in front of your house?

DR: Yes, my dog awoke me and I saw a small dark car with headlights close together. In the passenger seat was a girl covering her face with her hands. There may have been a child in the backseat.

Boy what a wild night, I called 911, a neighbor kid has been abducted, and then the helicoptor. I don't think I can be of any more help tonight so I am going to bed. Said DR

9:15 a.m. following day

Investigator: You saw a car at approximately the time of the abduction turn around in front of your house?

DR: Yes, my dog awoke me and I saw a small dark car with headlights close together. In the passenger seat was a girl covering her face with her hands. There may have been a child in the backseat.

This is math for elementary children. Could DR see into a car from his second story window?

How about the speed ,as well ,as a factor. And of course the light.

http://www.mathsisfun.com/right_angle_triangle.html

Yes easily, they had building site yardlite. So its constantly daytime right there.

Light has a lot of things about it. Was it downwardly deflecting or was it spilling all over?

You need to look at the idea of a triangle to determine if he could see into a car from up above . The angle would have to be correct. And add to that the speed of the car .

The only way would be to have someone do some mathematical calculations to see if what he says was even possible .

I recall DR saying there was a car that came speeding into his yard that afternoon and turned around . I think somebody is mixing that with the headlights he saw that night in the driveway , which I presume turned out to be Kevin and his girlfriend.

I recall DR saying there was a car that came speeding into his yard that afternoon and turned around . I think somebody is mixing that with the headlights he saw that night in the driveway , which I presume turned out to be Kevin and his girlfriend.

The car in the afternoon was large. The evening car was small.

Kevin's gf car was large.

So you are saying the small car was screaming down the driveway in the afternoon?

The car in the afternoon was large. The evening car was small.

Kevin's gf car was large.

So you are saying the small car was screaming down the driveway in the afternoon?

IIRC the car DR said he saw where the girl was covering her face was the afternoon car.

Somebody was questioning how he could have seen her at night. I dont think it happened at night.

IIRC the car DR said he saw where the girl was covering her face was the afternoon car.

Somebody was questioning how he could have seen her at night. I dont think it happened at night.

You are incorrect on the cars....no disrespect meant but please do some research and review the case facts before posting. Misinformation tends to snowball here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734