Dan Rassier: Former POI **Wrongly accused**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting the feeling that we are stuck upside down on the corkscrew at valleyfair, and once it gets going again this train is going to loop with a wallop straight back at DR.

As someone who is a fan of and has owned multiple g-body GM vehicles I can say that those tire prints weren't made by any tire anyone would ever put on a Pontiac Grand Prix. That being my belief I think the idea that Kevin's girlfriend's car made those tracks is incorrect.

I also don't believe forensics swayed them into looking at the possibility of the perp being on foot after Kevin's story so much as the idea of a fresh approach did. It also goes against the fact that the footprint and scent trails stopped abruptly at that point.

While DR may very well be eccentric and socially awkward (possibly Aspergers even) he doesn't come across as a stupid man. If it was indeed him who decided to abduct JW why wait until the three were on or across the street from his own property when he could just as easily have taken him elsewhere in the neighborhood? I just can't buy the argument that DR is so stupid that he'd abduct a neighborhood kid on his own property while also leaving two kids that live a stone's throw away as witnesses but at the same time is so smart that he has successfully completely covered up all traces of said abduction for 26 years. It just makes no sense and diverts attention from other more likely scenarios.

As always I'm plenty sure other people's opinions may drastically vary from mine and they're entitled to them.

I can't wrap my head around why they kept going back to DR unless he knew and was helping to smoke out the perp.

I am totally mystified about the blue car DR saw. When did he tell LE???

LE took the tires off of the perp mobile. They had his footprints. Apparently his height matches more than I thought of the 5'10".

With the blue car, the tires, the shoes- isn't that enough to raise an alarm bell?

I am totally mystified about the blue car DR saw. When did he tell LE???

LE took the tires off of the perp mobile. They had his footprints. Apparently his height matches more than I thought of the 5'10".

With the blue car, the tires, the shoes- isn't that enough to raise an alarm bell?

If we had all this info, we would be sleuthing DJH instead of DR. Why on earth would cops keep DR as a POI? I am just not able to grasp why he has not yet been released as POI under the circumstances. In fact, knowing they have had all this info, why was he even named POI?

I can't wrap my head around why they kept going back to DR unless he knew and was helping to smoke out the perp.

Considering DR's letter to several state officials, claiming his civil rights were violated, I doubt DR was helping.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/03/dan-rassier-jacob-wetterling-abduction_n_1736816.html

And, I completely agree with his statements:

"Is it considered legal for law enforcement to give the public the perception I am guilty of something when I'm not?" Rassier wrote, adding: "To destroy our family's name the way they did because they had a "Hunch!" is in itself, a serious crime. Nothing can make it right now. The damage has been done. But to leave the whole thing open to speculation and open to the public's imagination is just wrong!"

I haven't read this whole thread but just saw where Mr. Rassier died. I believe it could be DR dad.

Robert "Bob" Rassier. It was on wjon.com. I don't know how to link.

With only the evidence we are now aware, it would be difficult to prosecute Heinrich because of the status of DR as "the only POI".

Without DR's testimony regarding the small blue car, the track marks don't mean much since they are a common style. Putting the former "only POI" on the stand would be risky for the Prosecution and a great opportunity for the Defense.

It is unlikely that there would be 12 jurors who would not be aware that DR had been the Prime Suspect for years and the Defense would certainly use that to impeach DR's testimony. Furthermore, the defense could use cross examination to showcase DR as an "alternate suspect". They would 't have to prove anything; just establish that He had never married, still lived with his parents in his 50's and bring out that stammer and social awkwardness. All it takes is to creat a little doubt in one juror and you get a hung jury.

It seems Imperative that DR be vindicated in a high profile manner before there is any hope of prosecuting Heinrich. I'm sure that Sanner would prefer that the voters just forget about DR and the extensive search warrant operation he engaged in.

If, on the other hand, if there really is some "secret" evidence that implicates DR, now is the time to go public. Otherwise, it would make no sense not to go after Heinrich full on.

With only the evidence we are now aware, it would be difficult to prosecute Heinrich because of the status of DR as "the only POI".

Without DR's testimony regarding the small blue car, the track marks don't mean much since they are a common style. Putting the former "only POI" on the stand would be risky for the Prosecution and a great opportunity for the Defense.

It is unlikely that there would be 12 jurors who would not be aware that DR had been the Prime Suspect for years and the Defense would certainly use that to impeach DR's testimony. Furthermore, the defense could use cross examination to showcase DR as an "alternate suspect". They would 't have to prove anything; just establish that He had never married, still lived with his parents in his 50's and bring out that stammer and social awkwardness. All it takes is to creat a little doubt in one juror and you get a hung jury.

It seems Imperative that DR be vindicated in a high profile manner before there is any hope of prosecuting Heinrich. I'm sure that Sanner would prefer that the voters just forget about DR and the extensive search warrant operation he engaged in.

If, on the other hand, if there really is some "secret" evidence that implicates DR, now is the time to go public. Otherwise, it would make no sense not to go after Heinrich full on.

No one is going to forget about the witch hunt against DR. The minimum right thing to do would be to issue a statement that DR is no longer a POI, but that would leave egg on the faces of too many investigators.

This is my theory on the cars and I have only gut feeling to base it on.

I think DR saw both cars and he recognized Kevins girlfriends car, after all this is a small town and he had siblings that could have been her friend and she lived less than a mile away. Not wanting to implicate her because he knew she did not do the crime, he twisted then story by changing the time the car was there and the color of the car from silver to gold.

After Kevin came forward, The local LE caught DR in a lie because they knew that her car tracks were on top of the vehicle that we now know was probably DHs, and that lie made LE think DR may have known the perp. My gut also always made me think that LE did not think that DR committed the crime but thought he knew who did. Like I said this is just a theory.

This is my theory on the cars and I have only gut feeling to base it on.

I think DR saw both cars and he recognized Kevins girlfriends car, after all this is a small town and he had siblings that could have been her friend and she lived less than a mile away. Not wanting to implicate her because he knew she did not do the crime, he twisted then story by changing the time the car was there and the color of the car from silver to gold.

After Kevin came forward, The local LE caught DR in a lie because they knew that her car tracks were on top of the vehicle that we now know was probably DHs, and that lie made LE think DR may have known the perp. My gut also always made me think that LE did not think that DR committed the crime but thought he knew who did. Like I said this is just a theory.

DR did not really interact with locals. I don't think he would protect anyone.

I know it doesn't amount to squat.
However, I personally feel TERRIBLE for ever considering DR a suspect in this case. I have felt the need to apologize for quite some time. Strange as it may seem, doing it here on social media. I was raised with a certain set of values.
I am so sorry that I pointed fingers at DR :shame:

Dexter75, you were only operating based on the information given by the sheriff et al. Nothing you or anyone else did came from a negative place. All of us were trying to solve this case based on whatever info the authorities released. And it turns out, for whatever reason, they focused on the wrong person -- to the tune of many years, significant resources invested in digging up the farm and analyzing potential evidence --- I'm sure many here are struggling with this -- even Patty Wetterling said they were just as surprised as everyone else. Believe me I'm not feeling real good about having focused on the guy I believed was responsible -- I was sure he was involved -- now I just feel discombobulated. We were all lacking relevant critical info -- save for Mossad apparently, whose cryptic references would have required advanced psychic ability to understand.

I know it doesn't amount to squat.
However, I personally feel TERRIBLE for ever considering DR a suspect in this case. I have felt the need to apologize for quite some time. Strange as it may seem, doing it here on social media. I was raised with a certain set of values.
I am so sorry that I pointed fingers at DR :shame:

<modsnip> A man's life has been turned upsidedown for 26 years. I cannot imagine what that must be like for DR. I just wish LE would get on board with this.

Let's not forget what this man's life must have been like the last 5 1/2 years. Knowing what we know now....there are no words....

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/...-wetterling-abduction-wants-his-name-cleared/

It's very puzzling to me that they are not prepared to clear him yet. The one question I wish she would've asked Dan was... did you know Daniel Heinrich at all back in 89? I think it's a pretty obvious no... but it would start eliminating any reasons I can think of for not clearing him.

We don't know a damn thing yet. Where is Jacob.

You are correct. We have a strong probability. I happen to think it's a bit higher than "strong", but that's just me. I wonder if SCSD left DR on the hook all these years hoping that DJH would think he was in the clear and offend again in a manner that would match the MO of Jacobs abduction.

Then again, it could be that something on the farm found during searches and DR's comments gave LE cause to wonder if he was in some way tied in to DJH. We will not know that until the whole story comes out. Just speculation on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l