Dan Rassier: Former POI **Wrongly accused**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wetterlinghouse.JPG

Hey guys, the car and the molestor, he's back that way 26 years ago.

Inspired by the movie Dumb and Dumber

just thinking....if DR really did tell the cop he was goin to check the out buildings...what was wrong with the cop to let him do that when they knew the guy was possibly armed?

just thinking....if DR really did tell the cop he was goin to check the out buildings...what was wrong with the cop to let him do that when they knew the guy was possibly armed?

Everyone was operating on the assumption that the abductor and Jacob were long gone. That was why they never initiated contact with DR or any of the other neighbors.

Everyone was operating on the assumption that the abductor and Jacob were long gone. That was why they never initiated contact with DR or any of the other neighbors.

Where did you get the idea they never talked to the neighbors?Sher said her friends were searched so often they gave LE the key to their home

Where did you get the idea they never talked to the neighbors?Sher said her friends were searched so often they gave LE the key to their home

Tinner said they searched his home too. It seems like they searched everyone's home except DR's.

What I meant was the night of the abduction. I was not aware that Law Enforcement knocked on the doors of any neighbors. Is my assumption correct?

In the ensuing days and week DR and other neighbors were interviewed multiple times. I was not aware that any houses in the area were formally searched but it is certainly possible that some people gave LE permission to come in and have a look around. I do not recall if DR's house was searched (with his permission) in the days after the abduction.

It is my understanding that all of the surrounding property was extensively searched. This would have required warrants or permission but l would assume no permission was denied.

I have always thought it strange that DR was not contacted right away. It is pretty much SOP to interview everyone in the immediate area both as potential suspects and witnesses. As an active crime scene, LE would have been able to search the driveway and the adjacent area without a warrant but if the search extended further into DR's parent's farm without a warrant, they would be on shaky ground. SOP would be to ask permission.

Again, it is all consistent with operating on the assumption that the abductor had fled the scene with Jacob in a vehicle.

What I meant was the night of the abduction. I was not aware that Law Enforcement knocked on the doors of any neighbors. Is my assumption correct?

In the ensuing days and week DR and other neighbors were interviewed multiple times. I was not aware that any houses in the area were formally searched but it is certainly possible that some people gave LE permission to come in and have a look around. I do not recall if DR's house was searched (with his permission) in the days after the abduction.

It is my understanding that all of the surrounding property was extensively searched. This would have required warrants or permission but l would assume no permission was denied.

I have always thought it strange that DR was not contacted right away. It is pretty much SOP to interview everyone in the immediate area both as potential suspects and witnesses. As an active crime scene, LE would have been able to search the driveway and the adjacent area without a warrant but if the search extended further into DR's parent's farm without a warrant, they would be on shaky ground. SOP would be to ask permission.

Again, it is all consistent with operating on the assumption that the abductor had fled the scene with Jacob in a vehicle.

Do the fbi need search warrants?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So not more than DR? You are ready to dismiss Djh as the perp already? Much quicker than dr who had no evidence pointing to him at all
Are Joy, Jared, DR and Mossad planning on apologizing to DAH? Is he owed compensation from Joy beyond an apology? Think it's only fair if DR is entitled to compensation.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Are Joy, Jared, DR and Mossad planning on apologizing to DAH? Is he owed compensation from Joy beyond an apology? Think it's only fair if DR is entitled to compensation.

Different dr is a poi that was innocent but due to le negligence suffered damages. Would you answer the question rather than deflecting with more questions? Thanks

I feel bad for suspecting Hollinger also. Turns out he was just sort of an arrogant guy with a gruff voice. I don't really feel anyone deserves monetary compensation though. Sure, DR was a POI publicly, but he only added to that perception by telling Joy and others that he had further info he wasn't ready to reveal yet. I just feel he was his own worst enemy, and if he would have just stopped doing interviews and making odd statements, he wouldn't even have been looked at much by the public. JMO

Different dr is a poi that was innocent but due to le negligence suffered damages. Would you answer the question rather than deflecting with more questions? Thanks
DAH is also innocent. Think he should be entitled to whatever DR deserves.

What question are you asking?

I feel bad for suspecting Hollinger also. Turns out he was just sort of an arrogant guy with a gruff voice. I don't really feel anyone deserves monetary compensation though. Sure, DR was a POI publicly, but he only added to that perception by telling Joy and others that he had further info he wasn't ready to reveal yet. I just feel he was his own worst enemy, and if he would have just stopped doing interviews and making odd statements, he wouldn't even have been looked at much by the public. JMO
I agree completely. It is difficult for me to see DR as an innocent bystander deserving compensation when he has gone out of his way to insert himself into the case.

Originally Posted by 1911ss
So not more than DR? You are ready to dismiss Djh as the perp already? Much quicker than dr who had no evidence pointing to him at all

Of course - Constitution, you know? A search warrant is almost never denied, however.

I didn't know how fbi worked, if it was different in any way especially when it comes to kidnapping.

DAH is also innocent. Think he should be entitled to whatever DR deserves.

What question are you asking?

DAH is not innocent in the same way that DR is.

Originally Posted by 1911ss

Unless he confesses, I do not believe legal action will be successful. The best friend of any defense attorney will be these five words, "the defense calls dan r."

Unless he confesses, I do not believe legal action will be successful. The best friend of any defense attorney will be these five words, "the defense calls dan r."

I don't believe that is correct. dr provided an eyewitness account that was never properly pursued by le. The Wetterling's suffered as a result.

This is turning into a circular argument over something that will be decided in a court of law should any of the individuals involved consider themselves an "injured party". For all we know they may decide the additional public attention is not worth it and may be served more by the attention being directed elsewhere. And we are loosing focus on the real issue, where is Jacob? The rest of the dust will settle where it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzie201