Dan Rassier: Former POI **Wrongly accused**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should rename this thread, something like Dan Rassier: Wrongly Accused. Other thoughts?

I think we should rename this thread, something like Dan Rassier: Wrongly Accused. Other thoughts?

Done. Thanks for suggesting a title change.

Hopefully the new title helps clear up any potential confusion that those not as familar with the case may have :) Seems like the least we could do for this gentleman.

What an apparently sweet man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I met him this spring briefly, heckuva nice guy. It's appalling what he put up with, and I'll admit when I started all this that I thought he did it too. I apologized to him in person.

I am also sorry. I believed DR to be the culprit. My apologies, Mr. Dan Rassier.

How can I nominate this for post of the day? Thanks.
Found it and posted.

LE was and is still incompetent to clear this innocent person. Let us clear him by the immediate removal of this entire thread.

This a million times over. When you know who committed a crime it is incredibly unethical to continue associating an innocent person's name with that crime. I favor deleting it completely over renaming as googling of his name will forever be linked to this crime. Why add to that?

Done. Thanks for suggesting a title change.

Hopefully the new title helps clear up any potential confusion that those not as familar with the case may have :) Seems like the least we could do for this gentleman.

Awesome! Thanks so much KayElJay!

I just think it's nice to see DR's name associated with "wrongly accused" for a while since we've seen it so many times as POI. Helps us with the extinction part of conditioning.

I just think it's nice to see DR's name associated with "wrongly accused" for a while since we've seen it so many times as POI. Helps us with the extinction part of conditioning.

That is a good point.

So here is a point to ponder...if indeed Heinrich's plea deal includes immunity in Jacob's case, does that mean, since no charges will be filed, that the sealed warrants will remain forever? Not sure how this works.

So here is a point to ponder...if indeed Heinrich's plea deal includes immunity in Jacob's case, does that mean, since no charges will be filed, that the sealed warrants will remain forever? Not sure how this works.

That would be awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been an advocate for dr on here for years. He has been a great person in our community. <mod snip>

I met him this spring briefly, heckuva nice guy. It's appalling what he put up with, and I'll admit when I started all this that I thought he did it too. I apologized to him in person.

DR was at the top of my list for along time also...and I too am sorry. I do put most of the blame for him being at the top of my list squarely on LE however. Head scratching moves they pulled on this man / family for many years..given what they had on Heinrich from the beginning.

Those of you who relentlessly pursued Dan should apologise directly, by mail or email.

The main thing he did suspicious for many of you was live a slightly unconventional life of a quiet unmarried man. Police investigation is in no way evidence of guilt. The bigotry against those who are a little different shared by some investigators very well could have contributed to the long delay in solving this case.

This case was easily solved a short time after the crime but for those focusing on people like Dan they just didn't like.

DR was at the top of my list for along time also...and I too am sorry. I do put most of the blame for him being at the top of my list squarely on LE however. Head scratching moves they pulled on this man / family for many years..given what they had on Heinrich from the beginning.

I think you put it very well Wisdom. LE naming DR as the POI in the case opened the floodgates for speculation here, on other like sites and on social media. As in every other case, we diligently sift through what information we have and what we can discover. Part of that is trying to fit the named POI into the evidence and what theories we have. Later on it became evident that DR was unfortunate enough to have the abduction happen on his parents property, when he was alone at home with not alibi. He maintained his life, his job and his sense of humor. I doubt I could have done that myself.

Dan, I am one of a number of individuals who offer a sincere apology for considering you as being involved in this case. Like you, I am confused by the actions of the SCSD. I pray you can move past this part of you life and there is some sense of satisfaction in your being vindicated and that your standing in the community as a great teacher and kind person remains intact.

Where did you hear that Dan said the vehicle never left? I saw the same interview--he never said that to my knowledge. Also--his reference to the gravel pit is being misinterpreted here. A reporter asked if someone had buried him on the property, where could it have been? He replied several areas and one of them was the gravel pit. Rassier was only speculating, not confirming.

My thoughts are mostly with Jacob's family at the moment, but I'm also glad for Daniel Rassier that his name has been cleared. I never found the case against him at all convincing, he just seemed a convenient suspect because he was on the spot.

My thoughts are mostly with Jacob's family at the moment, but I'm also glad for Daniel Rassier that his name has been cleared. I never found the case against him at all convincing, he just seemed a convenient suspect because he was on the spot.

He was home alone, he's still single, he's still living with his parents. He's got a unique personality which gleaned unique answers. He probably was changing his stories by accident. The boys had never seen nor heard the car. Why was the abductor masked? How did the abductor know there was a ditch and woods in the dark? The hill. LE in 2004 gets very excited that all of the vehicles are now accounted for. Searches, asking him for confession, digging up his property and keeping things until this day for advancement in tech...

I dont know I had a pretty good reason.

He was home alone, he's still single, he's still living with his parents. He's got a unique personality which gleaned unique answers. He probably was changing his stories by accident. The boys had never seen nor heard the car. Why was the abductor masked? How did the abductor know there was a ditch and woods in the dark? The hill. LE in 2004 gets very excited that all of the vehicles are now accounted for. Searches, asking him for confession, digging up his property and keeping things until this day for advancement in tech...

I dont know I had a pretty good reason.

IMO

and I stated it long ago as my hubby has his own personality;)

To much faith that LE was " doing their best job " and for some reason, it was just unheard of they may lie, for the sake of covering their @s$3s! Referencing the " advancements in technology " that was repeated, multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member