Darlie Routier asks for DNA testing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jeana (DP) said:
No, she won't automatically receive a date. She's got a few years left. It will be VERY high profile, but as soon as its over, it will be over. No one will be standing around for years saying it was a mistake, etc., except for her few family members. I think she will be stapped to the gurney still saying she's innocent.
I'm going to wager she has maybe two years left. Once it is determined that she has no more options, the courts will set a date. The last round of appeals can go rather quickly if what she has to offer up is denied. Everything else at that point will have been exhausted.......she will have one final shot to introduce 'new' evidence- that which has not already been introduced or argued. If she has nothing substantial, she's done.

beesy said:
There has been testing, tons of testing. Darlie's case is closed. It has been proven in a court of law that Darlie was the killer. So what happens when the results come back and point to Darlie? Will her supporters quietly sneak away, hiding their heads in shame? No, they'll continue to say that something wasn't done right or that not enough was tested. They already think there is a conspiracy. It will never end. Darlie's DNA showing up anywhere in that house changes nothing, so how will more testing which points to Darlie prove anything to her worshipers? If all of that blood evidence doesn't convince those people, they won't ever be convinced. What happens if by some chance those hairs can be ruled out as belonging to anyone in the house? Does that prove Darlie is innocent? No, as someone said, it could have come from a repairman, anybody. These new tests will prove nothing either way and they are a waste of time and money.
As far as we know, there has never been an execution in U.S. history of a innocent person. The chances of it happening are slim to none, especially these days. I think we can all ignore the Salem witch trials when we refer to U.S. execution history.:D
I agree with everything you said beesy. Especially the part of her supporters never accepting the blood evidence. It is going to be a wild scene when her time comes. I am going to go to see the protesters. It will be very interesting.

Mama-cita said:
This may be a slight thread-jack but if (when) she loses this latest round, will she automatically be scheduled for execution? How long before it will likely happen? How high-profile does everyone think it's going to get. Will she be strapped to the gurney shouting her innocence? Who WAS that man on the Grassy Knoll? Oops wrong case. Enquiring minds DO want to know!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You crack me up! LOL!

Mama-cita said:
This may be a slight thread-jack but if (when) she loses this latest round, will she automatically be scheduled for execution? How long before it will likely happen? How high-profile does everyone think it's going to get. Will she be strapped to the gurney shouting her innocence? Who WAS that man on the Grassy Knoll? Oops wrong case. Enquiring minds DO want to know!

She has three levels of federal appeals, then the appeal to the SC, when none of that works, she will appeal to the Governor for mercy. When he/she turns her down, an execution date will be set. I make it probably three years or so.

It will be 10 years this June those two beautiful boys were slaughtered. I think of what their lives might be now...and curse her all the more.

In reading this motion, I found some interesting points;.

1. Thr dovk had more than two droplets of blood on it/ only two were tested by the state.

2. New DNA can identify salivam which would support Darlie's claim that it was shoved in her mouth. Of course that raises a couple of other questions. If it was shoved in her mouth as a gag, why would the dude pull it out before he left and dump it in the alley? How do we know she didn't carry it by the toe where the saliva is supposed to between her teeth to get it to the alley without bleeding on it?

3.The rest of it seems to be a fishing expedition for any male dna they can find that they can argue must be from the intruder, Not a very strong actual innocence argument whether the new dna testing was available or not. Unlike rape cases where dna can actually identify the rapist, it seems the most these tests can do is create doubt and I don't think that is enough to sway the courts.

I gotta admit though that it sure would be interesting to know if there was any male dna in that bloody fingerprint (family room).

beesy said:
There has been testing, tons of testing. Darlie's case is closed. It has been proven in a court of law that Darlie was the killer. So what happens when the results come back and point to Darlie? Will her supporters quietly sneak away, hiding their heads in shame? No, they'll continue to say that something wasn't done right or that not enough was tested. They already think there is a conspiracy. It will never end. Darlie's DNA showing up anywhere in that house changes nothing, so how will more testing which points to Darlie prove anything to her worshipers? If all of that blood evidence doesn't convince those people, they won't ever be convinced. What happens if by some chance those hairs can be ruled out as belonging to anyone in the house? Does that prove Darlie is innocent? No, as someone said, it could have come from a repairman, anybody. These new tests will prove nothing either way and they are a waste of time and money.
As far as we know, there has never been an execution in U.S. history of a innocent person. The chances of it happening are slim to none, especially these days. I think we can all ignore the Salem witch trials when we refer to U.S. execution history.:D

They'll do what Kathryn Kurrich/MacDonald has done on the Larry King show....blame the government and allege they "misinterpreted" the dna results. The Darlies will blame the judge and the lab and George Bush and ....on and on....you're right...it will never end.

Unless some new witness or maybe Darin speaks up the only way Darlie can avoid the needle is for the guv. to commit political suicide and commute her sentence to life.Would she ever be eligible for parole?What am I thinking-a texas governer commuting the DP,like that would ever happen!

Jimthecarpetguy said:
Unless some new witness or maybe Darin speaks up the only way Darlie can avoid the needle is for the guv. to commit political suicide and commute her sentence to life.Would she ever be eligible for parole?What am I thinking-a texas governer commuting the DP,like that would ever happen!

No. Even if the impossible happened and her death sentence was commuted, she would receive life without parole.

I wish they would test the DNA on the stuff that her lawyer wants tested. I really do. :twocents:

deandaniellws said:
I wish they would test the DNA on the stuff that her lawyer wants tested. I really do. :twocents:
I dont understand why they wont?

michelle said:
I am not sure either. The only thing I can think of is that they don't think the DNA would change the outcome of the trial if they were to have another trial. Also, there is a time limit that one can request evidence within. I think the time limit has passed. I still wish they would test it.

deandaniellws said:
I am not sure either. The only thing I can think of is that they don't think the DNA would change the outcome of the trial if they were to have another trial. Also, there is a time limit that one can request evidence within. I think the time limit has passed. I still wish they would test it.
Man, they should test it, I am curious to see myself. I dont think they should hae a time limit on that stuff.

michelle said:
Becaise Texas almost never approves retesting. They fight it tooth and nail. Not just on her case but all death penalty cases. I posted an article a while back on it. There should be a link here somewhere for it.

Goody said:
Becaise Texas almost never approves retesting. They fight it tooth and nail. Not just on her case but all death penalty cases. I posted an article a while back on it. There should be a link here somewhere for it.
Oh Thanks...

michelle said:
Man, they should test it, I am curious to see myself. I dont think they should hae a time limit on that stuff.
The filings were on time and it has been tied up in local courts because they are dragging their feet on making a decision. Why the court won't make a decision is anybody's guess, esp since they are keeping it behind closed doors for the most part. I don't like it either and I think the tests will prove there is no male dna present in that print because it belongs to Darlie. Still, the test should be done.

Goody said:
. I don't like it either and I think the tests will prove there is no male dna present in that print because it belongs to Darlie. Still, the test should be done.
Yes It should be done...

deandaniellws said:
I don't think that limit has passed yet since Darlies attornies asked to postpone the federal deal so they could get the state results first and qualify for federal funding for discovery etc. etc. I do believe the clock is ticking though,tick tock.I would have wade thru the legal stuff to be certain.One of the WS legal minds would have a better handle on that sort of thing.

Jimthecarpetguy said:
I don't think that limit has passed yet since Darlies attornies asked to postpone the federal deal so they could get the state results first and qualify for federal funding for discovery etc. etc. I do believe the clock is ticking though,tick tock.I would have wade thru the legal stuff to be certain.One of the WS legal minds would have a better handle on that sort of thing.
Since she has been on death row around 10 years, I agree that the clock is definitely ticking. I wish the tests would be done. I think that it will cause a terrible stink if they try to put her to death without doing all the DNA testing that they want. I worry most about Drake. So sad to think about all he will go through if they kill his mother. His is an innocent in all of this. Poor, poor child. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710
Back