Darlie Routier asks for DNA testing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
leann coburn said:
All small children love their mothers. They depend on them for life and comfort. In my opinion, even after Darlie attacked her kids, they didn't understand what was going on. She was maybe telling the truth when she said Damon said "mommy, mommy". I'm sure he would scream this out if his mommy was stabbing him. They trusted her. They were too young to understand evil. It makes me incredibly sad to know that Damon's eyes followed her around the room as he died. She wanted to make sure he couldn't speak.

As far as my situation, the children I take in are from the ages of 3 months to 5 years old. They belong to two different mothers in my extended family. Altogether, there are 6 of them. And they put the older ones on the phone just screaming at the top of their lungs. It's a kind of bribery that I can't ignore. Sometimes I can calm moms down by giving them "spending" money (which their husbands know not to give them). And then I remove the children (whichever family is having the eruption) for a few days or sometimes a few weeks (!) until "mommy" calls back and wants to see her kids. Then I run them back home and make sure things seem calmed down. I was never able to have children of my own, so sometimes I think it was for a purpose. I don't want custody of their children. I wish they had given them up at birth. For the sake of these precious children, it would have been so much better. But when all is clear, they will call and say "you need to bring MY kids back right now". I feel used. I know that I am being treated like a door mat. But that isn't even the deal. It's all about protecting them. And I've been hit and spit on and threatened in every way.
Just so you know, they don't live in a bad neighborhood. They live on quite streets where they keep their kids in the back yards most of the time (like Darlie did). I'm sure the neighbors don't suspect a thing. They are not impoverished. Their mothers just didn't need children. Some people don't.
I don't think Darlie did once she realized they were getting bigger and taking more of her time and finances. They weren't baby dolls any more like Drake was.
jmo

Leann, I think you're wonderful!!!!!! God bless you for what you do for those kids.

I'n no hero. I'm just human. Anyone else here at ws would do the same. I get frustrated just like anyone would. And I worry so much about what the future holds for them. But if my husband and I can serve as a buffer for them, that's what we'll do as long as we have to.

Thanks for the thoughts and, whatever your faith, just keep them in your thoughts.

leann coburn said:
I'n no hero. I'm just human. Anyone else here at ws would do the same. I get frustrated just like anyone would. And I worry so much about what the future holds for them. But if my husband and I can serve as a buffer for them, that's what we'll do as long as we have to.

Thanks for the thoughts and, whatever your faith, just keep them in your thoughts.

Bless you Leann.If being there for some kids when things are not cool for them to be at home makes you a doormat,then tattoo "welcome" on my back and I'll lay in front of the front door right beside you.

Jimthecarpetguy said:
Bless you Leann.If being there for some kids when things are not cool for them to be at home makes you a doormat,then tattoo "welcome" on my back and I'll lay in front of the front door right beside you.

Excellent post!!!!!

Well, it's on again for the 4th of July weekend. I will be keeping the kids so their mom's can "party", taken however you wish. That's okay. I just love spongebob and the Polar Express and the Grinch and Monsters. I got yelled at severely last weekend when one mom wanted to go to a weekend long party. I wasn't here. I was checking on my 83 year old father out of town. When I got back, I heard it. Why wasn't I here? She had to pay her sister to sit with them all weekend. Her sister the meth-head, I must add. I had never dealt with this kind of thing before in my life. I come from a stable and normal (boring) background and this has caused me so much stress that I cannot even begin to explain it. I shake and worry every time I get a call. This particuliar mom that was mad about last weekend, called her sister from west Memphis. This mom grew up with Damien Echols of the West Memphis Three (in prison for killing three 8 year old boys). And if I don't answer, she sometimes takes them back there to Lakeshore Trailer Park. If you don't know who the West Memphis Three are, they have their own website. They castrated one of the little boys. I'm terrified of this mother.

Please pray for us over this holiday weekend. JimtheCarpetguy and Jeana, thanks so much for the kind words. I just don't know what else to say.

Jeana (DP) said:
Excellent post!!!!!
Doesn't qualify me for sainthood but I appreciate the prof's! Believe me Jeanna when it comes to kids I really wish I could have the proverbial "5 minutes alone" with the people who don't take care of their kids decently.

leann coburn said:
Well, it's on again for the 4th of July weekend. I will be keeping the kids so their mom's can "party", taken however you wish. That's okay. I just love spongebob and the Polar Express and the Grinch and Monsters. I got yelled at severely last weekend when one mom wanted to go to a weekend long party. I wasn't here. I was checking on my 83 year old father out of town. When I got back, I heard it. Why wasn't I here? She had to pay her sister to sit with them all weekend. Her sister the meth-head, I must add. I had never dealt with this kind of thing before in my life. I come from a stable and normal (boring) background and this has caused me so much stress that I cannot even begin to explain it. I shake and worry every time I get a call. This particuliar mom that was mad about last weekend, called her sister from west Memphis. This mom grew up with Damien Echols of the West Memphis Three (in prison for killing three 8 year old boys). And if I don't answer, she sometimes takes them back there to Lakeshore Trailer Park. If you don't know who the West Memphis Three are, they have their own website. They castrated one of the little boys. I'm terrified of this mother.

Please pray for us over this holiday weekend. JimtheCarpetguy and Jeana, thanks so much for the kind words. I just don't know what else to say.
Leann, can't DHS do something about this situation?

I don't blame you for being afraid of this woman. I don't know the area you are talking about but I know the type. We have our fair share in Nashville area too. Unfortunately lowlifes and crazies are everywhere.

Jimthecarpetguy said:
Doesn't qualify me for sainthood but I appreciate the prof's! Believe me Jeanna when it comes to kids I really wish I could have the proverbial "5 minutes alone" with the people who don't take care of their kids decently.
I wish you could, too/

leann coburn said:
Please pray for us over this holiday weekend. JimtheCarpetguy and Jeana, thanks so much for
the kind words. I just don't know what else to say.
Sometimes normal isn't boring after all, eh?
I think Jim's post is great too. I hope you can continue to be strong over the weekend. I will be thinking of you. It sounds as if the kids have fun with you. I love Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents. Sometimes I even watch them without the kids around.
Has something new happened with the West Memphis Three? You are the 3rd person to mention them to me in the past 2 weeks. I'll check out the site.

Wanda and Cosmos are favorites of mine too! They make me feel good.

The West Memphis Three are still guilty, but there is a "hip" underground movement afoot in Hollywood. For instance, on Pearl Jam's new album, there is a (get this) war protest song written by Eddie Vetter and Death Row inmate Damien Echols. Winona Ryder and lots of others were here last week doing a benefit for these three on Beale Street. Alice in Chains is back out there too and supporting this. These three killed those little boys. I have spent years researching this crime and they definitely did it. Beat, hogtied and mutilated three 8 year old boys. I hate their website (WM3) but it is a great source for documents related to this case.
So you can see why it scares me so bad that one of these moms grew up with these creeps and when I'm not around to keep them, she may leave them at a relatives trailer where all the people in this case lived. And many of their friends still do.

I'm strong and ready with ice cream, floaties for the pool, and I tried to get a lot of sleep last night. Didn't mangage to, but they'll be here soon so I'm prepared to be jumped on. It's kinda nice. They are so innocent, although the five year old boy was already removed once for pushing the three year old boy into a large well and leaving him there until he had to be revived. By paramedics. This type of behavior scares me as to their future. DHS is consistent in their lack of followup. If they know that a family member is able and willing to step in, they do even less but keep your number on speed dial. Memphis is broke. We have very little money to pay police or teachers, so DHS is grossly underfunded and overwhelmed.

It'll be alright. They are gonna break things and throw things at me and call me a . They (the two boys) know this word quite well. I will be patient. They are going to spit on me. That's one of their favorites. And just imagine that this older one is starting school this fall. I bet they medicate him by the first week. And then it'll go downhill from there. Special busses and special disciplinary schools. And people wonder what is wrong with the children today. We'll be lucky if they don't grow up and kill us all.

jmo

leann coburn said:

The West Memphis Three are still guilty, but there is a "hip" underground movement afoot in Hollywood. For instance, on Pearl Jam's new album, there is a (get this) war protest song written by Eddie Vetter and Death Row inmate Damien Echols. Winona Ryder and lots of others were here last week doing a benefit for these three on Beale Street. Alice in Chains is back out there too and supporting this. These three killed those little boys. I have spent years researching this crime and they definitely did it. Beat, hogtied and mutilated three 8 year old boys. I hate their website (WM3) but it is a great source for documents related to this case.
So you can see why it scares me so bad that one of these moms grew up with these creeps and when I'm not around to keep them, she may leave them at a relatives trailer where all the people in this case lived. And many of their friends still do.

I'm strong and ready with ice cream, floaties for the pool, and I tried to get a lot of sleep last night. Didn't mangage to, but they'll be here soon so I'm prepared to be jumped on. It's kinda nice. They are so innocent, although the five year old boy was already removed once for pushing the three year old boy into a large well and leaving him there until he had to be revived. By paramedics. This type of behavior scares me as to their future. DHS is consistent in their lack of followup. If they know that a family member is able and willing to step in, they do even less but keep your number on speed dial. Memphis is broke. We have very little money to pay police or teachers, so DHS is grossly underfunded and overwhelmed.

It'll be alright. They are gonna break things and throw things at me and call me a . They (the two boys) know this word quite well. I will be patient. They are going to spit on me. That's one of their favorites. And just imagine that this older one is starting school this fall. I bet they medicate him by the first week. And then it'll go downhill from there. Special busses and special disciplinary schools. And people wonder what is wrong with the children today. We'll be lucky if they don't grow up and kill us all.

jmo
Pearl Jam has a new album? I thought they died with Kurt Cobain. I don't know much about the case and I'm already disgusted by the thought of famous people getting involved. How in the world have they found time between making music and videos, touring and making movies to really study the details? As you said, they were just at a rally!
Don't lose hope for our wee ones. I have a 9-yr-old and a 6-yr-old. I will do everything I can to give them a better world. You know that's one of the reasons Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris slid so far down they could kill their schoolmates. They saw no future for their generation. They saw nothing but the crap they had seen all through HS. They had no trust in adults, despite the fact that both of them said it wasn't their parents' fault and that they had been great parents. They were young men and expected to go to college or join the military. But that's sort of hard to do when you see nothing but bad everywhere else but in your own home. As you are doing, we should all support children/teens the best we know how. It is our problem. They will be the ones taking care of us 30 years from now.

beesy said:
Sometimes normal isn't boring after all, eh?
I think Jim's post is great too. I hope you can continue to be strong over the weekend. I will be thinking of you. It sounds as if the kids have fun with you. I love Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents. Sometimes I even watch them without the kids around.
Has something new happened with the West Memphis Three? You are the 3rd person to mention them to me in the past 2 weeks. I'll check out the site.

Bahahahaha! I'm watching sponge bob right now while babysitting.

leann coburn said:

What is with these Hollywood Bozos? Don't they even research the causes they stand behind? They should be ashamed of themselves. The very least they could do is make sure they are supporting defendants who might be actually innocent. Personally I don't think they care. I think they just get on any band wagon they think will make them look good to their ultra liberal friends.

leann coburn said:
I think everyone has grown up with someone who commits a violent crime at some point. So guilt by association might be a little harsh there. Fortunately killing is not a contagious disease, but I think you do have fair concerns about that trailer park and the types this mother seems to be willing to leave her children in the care of.

leann coburn said:

jmo
I don't know whether you are a saint or a fool. All I can say is that you are a better person than I. I couldn't do it. I would either petition the juvenile court and take the kids in as foster children or try to get DHS to remove them and then volunteer to serve as foster parent. It sounds like the worst thing for those children is to remain in the custody of Mom. It sounds like these kids are ciminals in training. Sad to say but so true too often these days.

Beesy, NIRVANA died with Kurt Cobain. Pearl Jam is still doing their thing, which I could do without by my age. I admit I liked some of the Seattle grunge in the early 90's, but that's long since passed. Nirvana morphed into the Foo Fighters and Audioslave (pretty sure).

Now, in my 40's, I like much different stuff. Anything that's good. I still like Beck, but he has changed from "2 turntables and a microphone" to mainly acoustic pieces, like the haunting themesong from "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". The only ones from so long ago that seem to have kept up with the times are the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I have to admit that I kind of like that new "Dani California" song. But we just download the songs we want. It's great now that technology has made it where you don't go out and buy a cd for one song and end up hating the rest of it. The true masters of the good-all-the-way-through albums were Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I really don't listen to that type of music much anymore. I gave it up when I quit reading fantasy and sci-fiction (lol).

All in all, the kids' stay was great. They followed the rules and were more of a delight than they are when their parents are present. We differ to them on what it is they want to watch or when they want to get in the pool or just go in the backyard and roll around. I took them back around lunch today and everything seemed nice and quite at their house. I never give up hope. I believe anyone can change. Maybe Darlie Routier could have, if she had wanted to. But sometimes people with a mean streak just and gripe over things so much that they finally snap. I think the only way we can change is to count our blessings and to try to "always look on the bright side of life".

Enough of me hijacking this thread. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers ( and meditations ). I believe they make a difference.

Now, back to Darlie. I hope they do the testing before she is put to death. If it is possible, it should be done. She does represent a human life, yet. I have no pity for her as of now and if she did this crime (which I think likely) then executing her would be for the best. It would free her to answer ultimately to the only one who really knows. She shouldn't be scared if she is innocent. There is one who knows and can sort it all out. And she would be freed from her cage and from the doubts of this world. None of us can stay here forever, and none of us should want to. Like a plant, we leave our seed behind us and then die back to allow the new to grow. No matter what your belief system, you shouldn't be afraid of dying. Sure, we can be afraid of how we might die (the mode). But why be afraid to die when it is a natural part of life. Besides, where have Damon and Devon gone? Wouldn't she really rather follow? I've heard it put best this way: one who doesn't care is one who shouldn't be. Also, our pain is always self-chosen, believe it or not.

jmo and peace to you all

leann coburn said:
Beesy, NIRVANA died with Kurt Cobain. Pearl Jam is still doing their thing, which I could do without by my age. I admit I liked some of the Seattle grunge in the early 90's, but that's long since passed. Nirvana morphed into the Foo Fighters and Audioslave (pretty sure).
I know, I know, I know hee... Nirvana is one of favorite bands and Cobain the best poet who ever lived. He is the voice of my generation, spoke for the rest of us non-baby-boomers. I was saying that grunge died with Kurt...so Pearl Jam had to change their sound. Dave Grohl, Nirvana's drummer, is the lead singer of the Foo Fighters. No other Nirvana members are in there.

Now, in my 40's, I like much different stuff. Anything that's good. I still like Beck, but he has changed from "2 turntables and a microphone" to mainly acoustic pieces, like the haunting themesong from "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". The only ones from so long ago that seem to have kept up with the times are the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I have to admit that I kind of like that new "Dani California" song. But we just download the songs we want. It's great now that technology has made it where you don't go out and buy a cd for one song and end up hating the rest of it. The true masters of the good-all-the-way-through albums were Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I really don't listen to that type of music much anymore. I gave it up when I quit reading fantasy and sci-fiction (lol).
I'm the same way. I like anything that's good which is why I can't stand RHCP.hee.. Do you like My Chemical Romance? I love Gerard. He and the lead singer(Burt) from The Used just broke up. I saw MCR last year in concert, after which I told my husband that one of them was gay. Gerard kept saying things about acceptance, blah, blah..My husband, in between convulsive laughter, said: "It's him, he put the entire microphone down his throat!" I'm so naive. I thought he did it to distort his voice. :blushing:

leann coburn said:
I know I am a stranger on this Routier forum (I post other places) but this case has always fascinated me. In a very morbid way. I think the state should do all available dna testing right now before her execution. I don't even care if they pay for it. Just do it to prove a point and so people won't have this to hark about forever and ever. Jeffrey McDonald wants out of prison for killing his wife Collette and their two daughters and unborn child. His latest plea was granted. He has maintained all along that if the government would just test the dna on the strand of hair found in his wife's hand, it would clear him. (dna wasn't around then) They just did the testing and it was his hair. Case closed. They finally gave him enough rope to hang himself.

Hey Leann. Yes Macdonald insisted for over thirty years that the hair in his dead wife's hand belonged to her killer. How right he was. However, his camp of lawyers and his wife, Kathryn, started the spin right away and on the Larry King show so the public is still being deceived by them...

Darlie cannot put a name to whose dna she expects to find so the courts see it as a delay tactic. If they grant the tests and no foreign dna is found in that house, they will just spin the results as the Mac camp did...it will never be over.

beesy said:
I know, I know, I know hee... Nirvana is one of favorite bands and Cobain the best poet who ever lived. He is the voice of my generation, spoke for the rest of us non-baby-boomers. I was saying that grunge died with Kurt...so Pearl Jam had to change their sound. Dave Grohl, Nirvana's drummer, is the lead singer of the Foo Fighters. No other Nirvana members are in there.

Bite your tongue....I loved Kurt Cobain and I am well into the baby boomer years, aaahahahahahahaha

Now I'm hooked on John Prine...an old folk song master.

cami said:
Bite your tongue....I loved Kurt Cobain and I am well into the baby boomer years, aaahahahahahahaha

I love Kurt Cobain's voice,too. So woeful and real.

cami said:

Wow, old people liking grunge..way cool dude. You may have been born during the baby boomer generation, but you do not act like one. Plus, you're Canadian, right? Wasn't the boom just here?

beesy said:
Wow, old people liking grunge..way cool dude. You may have been born during the baby boomer generation, but you do not act like one. Plus, you're Canadian, right? Wasn't the boom just here?

aaaaaahahahahaha no the baby boomers are not exclusive to the US....Canadian baby boomers abound. 1945-1950 were very fertile years for Canada as well. Yeah I might be a old in years but that's all....

I truly did love Kurt Cobain, what a sad man, he never really seemed comfortable being in this world, but I can't really say I like grunge, just Nirvana.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon
Back